South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 06:39 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

it's looking like it's going to be a beautiful day here, too, although we have a threat of T-storms for later. Right now it's so peaceful with just the birds singing their morning greeting.
I'd be content to just stay home this morning but Jake wants his breakfast at Cracker Barrel and we have to run out anyway to pick up more bandages and antiseptic. He gashed his leg pretty badly yesterday while cutting up some old fencing. He should have gone to the emergency room and at least gotten a tetanus shot, but you know men!
I'll check in with you all a little later, Jake's ready to go.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:47 AM   #17  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hope Jake's leg heals quickly. At least he didn't bandage it with duct tape! That's what my dad does...

Kara
Old 06-10-2007, 03:16 PM   #18  

Where is everyone today? I hope you're all enjoying the day!

I just spent a pleasant couple of hours working in the garden. Sundays are my deadheading and fertilizing day, and I planted three new hostas. I didn't plan on buying them, but Dustin told us about a nursery that specializes in rare, exotic hostas, so of course we had to check it out! I used the money I made at yesterday's yardsale, so I don't have to feel guilty about spending the money. While I was in the spending mood, I found the cutest skirt at Cracker Barrel this morning, too. It was marked 50% off, and while I was debating whether or not to get it, Jake took it from me and walked up to the register. It'll be perfect to wear to Audrey's ballet performance this Friday.

Kara ~ I wouldn't have been surprised if he had grabbed the duct tape! It is a pretty bad cut, though, and I wish he would have it looked at. It probably could use a few stitches.

Ruth ~ Sounds like a lovely day with the Hyper-Pypers, don't do too much work. I haven't had Beer-can Chicken in ages!

Jake is going to grill a London Broil on the BBQ, and I'm marinating some salmon for myself. We're having corn-on-the-cob, baked sweet potatoes, and broccoli to go along with it. I'm going to cheat a little and have a small ear of corn with ICBINB spray. For dessert, I made a pie with SF FF cheesecake pudding and FF Cool Whip that I mixed together and put into a piecrust I made with crushed FiberOne, Splenda and Smart Balance, and lined that with a layer of sliced strawberries. It looks wonderful and I can hardly wait to have a piece! Dustin, Andrea and Amber will be joining us, as Amber wants to swim for a while. I miss Monica and girls not being out this weekend, but her in-laws are visiting them. We'll be celebrating Caitlyn's 17th birthday with a pool party next weekend, so I'll see them there.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:00 PM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi! The Pypers bailed on me - Elaine was suffering from the vapours or something equally princess-like. I did some gardening after lunch but it was way too hot out there - high UV today. Now I have fed the doggage, am going to pay a quick visit to Harry, do a bit of cooking for the week and then grill some pork for supper with a salad. Tonight I plan to just sit and watch a DVD - King Arthur? Count of Monte Cristo? We'll see.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:47 PM   #20  

Hey, Ruth, have you ever watched "The Man Who Would Be King"? It's a great movie, one of the rare movies I don't mind watching more than once. Sounds like you didn't mind that your company didn't come out today at all. Vapours?? I hope you had a good visit with Harry this afternoon.

Dinner was delicious, and the pie was worth waiting all day for. Next time I'll serve it semi-frozen though, because it didn't firm up as much as I'd like. Everyone wanted to go to Maggie Moo's for ice cream afterwards, but I was very strong and declined - a huge NSV for me!
Old 06-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #21  

Oh Dear! I'm sorry fellow Beachbabes! No time to scan the dailies and respond to everyone... but to our newbie daily chatters So much to do..so little time!
Old 06-10-2007, 11:22 PM   #22  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

The mention of ice cream has me curious. I know that several ice cream chains have introduced sugar free varieties. Are they approved to eat on the South Beach plan at one or any phase, or would they have to be evaluated individually?

Kara
Closed Thread