Old 06-21-2006, 05:40 PM   #16  
hara hachi bu

I use hummus as a dip for vegetables, chips, and a spread in sandwiches. Yum!

I bought some pine nuts the other day for some reason/recipe or another, and now I don't remember what I was using them in or what to do with them! Thanks for the ideas.

I wanted to do roasted chestnuts last year around holidays, but I couldn't find any.

I saw the best recipe once ... it was a "raw food" recipe: ground walnuts and something else to form a "crust", berries on top, then blended berries as a sauce on top of that. I'll have to see if I can find the recipe.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:44 PM   #17  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica
I saw the best recipe once ... it was a "raw food" recipe: ground walnuts and something else to form a "crust", berries on top, then blended berries as a sauce on top of that. I'll have to see if I can find the recipe.
ok... now you have my attention. Depending upon what that "something else" is I want to try making this. Can you find it?
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:41 PM   #18  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde
ok... now you have my attention. Depending upon what that "something else" is I want to try making this. Can you find it?
Mmm, it was in a magazine last July 4th, so I don't know that I could find the exact copy, but I do remember it was dates that was mixed with the chopped walnuts.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:13 AM   #19  
The Beauty of Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica
Mmm, it was in a magazine last July 4th, so I don't know that I could find the exact copy, but I do remember it was dates that was mixed with the chopped walnuts.
Great. That is enough to do a search. I'll let you know if I ever find it.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:01 PM   #20  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Pistachios!! Not the red ones...why are they red???
My husband grew up in the San Joaquin valley and they grow LOTS of pistachios.

The red ones are imported from other countries. They are dyed so the consumer and food brokers can tell whether they are domestic or not.

A pistachio tree is a thing of beauty. Pistachios grow in clumps like grapes. The trees are about six or seven feet tall and they have these beautiful large cream-color clusters of pistachios hanging from them.

By the way, i was here before and have decided that I feel better following this WOE than anything else I've tried. Hope there's still room at the table here for me...
waterbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:13 PM   #21  
hara hachi bu

Welcome, Claire! Of course there's room for more here ... the more the merrier!

That's interesting, about pistachios.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:07 PM   #22  
The Beauty of Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbaby
The red ones are imported from other countries. They are dyed so the consumer and food brokers can tell whether they are domestic or not.
HI Claire. I knew they were dyed.. but never realized the reason. I guess now I go find out which ones are domestic and which are imported.