Old 03-07-2006, 09:06 PM   #1  

Default Wave One ~thread~

I am starting wave one tomorrow.
Does anyone want to join?
I have the book and am reading it now; so i should be prepared in the morning.

treecricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:20 AM   #2  

Hi there,
I've actually started Sonoma today too. I would love to be your buddy.
kayelle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 12:46 AM   #3  
pk1947

S/C/G: 192/180/118

Hi, I started sonoma diet three days ago and I would like to post here. I'm going to weigh in the morning just to see if I've lost anything. My first week on wave 1 will be over next Wed.

How do you get the ruler at the bottom of your post?
pk1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #4  

I am starting today! So far so good! LOL BUT I have only had breakfast!
Applelines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:22 PM   #5  

Well actually I will be starting tomorrow; And i glad you all are joining me!
Old 03-13-2006, 01:26 PM   #6  

I just wanted to add; I am going to follow the MED. diet but use the Sanoma structure. I really dont think it will be much difference.
Anyways I am going to phase out chicken and beef. And stick to mainly fish and nuts/beans.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:24 PM   #7  

Hi Jenn - I started today too. It's almost 2:30 and so far so good. The biggest shock was the grocery store bill - I was on nutrisystem before and it really only did cost about $12 per day for all day. I spent $200 yesterday and didn't get the whole week's worth. I figure I'll drop off of the recipes quickly and just follow the portion control.

I did notice the recipes have alot of oil and salt. I know olive oil is good for you but I am thinking about cutting it back a bit. Any thoughts on that?
Barbara
bogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:54 PM   #8  
pk1947

Default fourth day on Sonoma diet

Hi everyone, I'm on my fourth day and I weighed this morning and I have lost three pounds so far, still have three days to go. The food is good. I do my own recipe's. I can't efford all that stuff at once. I'm going to try some of the recipe's each week just to make it interesting. My cravings for sugar are no longer around.

Pat
Old 03-13-2006, 05:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

A thread just for me .

I started today as well. I was doing the Med Diet for a while but the last few weeks haven't been healthy eating for me so I think I need more structure for right now. It's a good time to start for me because I'm at Spring Break (grad school) and I just finished a lot of major projects (like, erm, my master's thesis... ) and other pressures have started to ease off (getting replies from PhD programs and some are good though most have been bad )

I'm only doing Wave 1 for a week because of time constraints but since I was on the Med Diet before that and on low carb for a few years before that, I've cut out refined sugars and grains from my diet a long time ago. So far I'm doing ok, no major slips for the first day, no feeling of lethargy or headaches or the like.

I'm also trying to up my exercise a bit (as much as I can with the limited time I have between studies, teaching, etc.) I've kkept up exercising even while I've been eating badly, which is a plus at least. I've added some resistance band training 4x a week (not for long - about 15 minutes - but it's something) and also some yoga 3-4x a week for relaxation mainly. That's in addition to about 3 hours of brisk walking a week.

Good luckk to all!

Tam
tammay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:05 PM   #10  

I just started the diet today. So far so good. I just got hungry for the first time today and it's 6:00 so I don't figure that's too bad. I have a little bit of a headache, but haven't had any soda today and I usually have at least 24 ounces of caffeinated soda a day. I also went to the gym and worked out
SheilaF328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:47 PM   #11  

Default The marinated flank steak and broccoli w/goat cheese were worth the hassle

First day on and I decided to follow the recipes for at least a week. I fixed Day 2 food today - the dinner was really good - if you like Greek/Italian type food you will like it. I used all fresh herbs - after the last set of chopping I was wondering, but it was very flavorful. I am on spring break for a week (but still working ft) so I'm guessing I may cook this week and then go to ckn breast/steamed vegetables once school starts

Barbara
bogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:17 AM   #12  
pk1947

Thanks for the tip Barbara, I'll try the marinated flank steak and broccoli. So far I like everything about this diet.

Pat
Old 03-14-2006, 11:11 AM   #13  

I did pretty good yesterday till I got to work! LOL I had TONS of water but when I got to work(I work around food) I got massivly hungry. I did give in BUT I did good till I got to work! LOL I work at night so during the day I did pretty good. I have to go with the basic structure because of my schedual. I can't really cook at night just for me. I work at 5.
Applelines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:06 PM   #14  

I weighed tonight and I lost three pounds in the first day! I figure it's water weight, but hey I'll take anything!!!
SheilaF328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:12 AM   #15  
pk1947

This is my fourth day and it was kinda ruff. I didn't plan my dinner tonight and that is a bad deal for me. I always plan so I don't get tempted. I ended up eating a bowl of shredded wheat with bran and a little unsweeted soy milk. That wasn't bad, it could have been worse. Thursday I will weigh in and see if it made a difference. I hope not.

Pat