Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 10:18 AM   #1  

Default March Exercise - You Gotta Move to Lose!

Ok, starting this bad boy up. I wanna see gallons of sweating here!!
Old 03-01-2006, 10:23 AM   #2  

Morning everyone. Hope everyone has gotten sweaty this morning already or will shortly. Nothing like morning exercise to set the tone for the day!

I hit my bronze medal today on the Presidential Fitness challenge so yay! next stop: Silver!

This morning was 40 minutes of aerobics and 20 minutes of lower body weights.

Next?
Old 03-01-2006, 10:41 AM   #3  
Canada

Hi Linda,
You finally go tme in here. My gf dragged my butt to the gym yesterday. I did 12 1/2 minutes of the elicipital and 15 minutes on the treadmill.
Heartrate was at 183 consistantly so I need that cardio. She is dragging my butt in there again tomorrow.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:46 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Neck-ed
Hi Linda,
You finally go tme in here. My gf dragged my butt to the gym yesterday. I did 12 1/2 minutes of the elicipital and 15 minutes on the treadmill.
Heartrate was at 183 consistantly so I need that cardio. She is dragging my butt in there again tomorrow.
Glad you found your way after getting lost. You should have asked for directions

Yup.. more to being healthy than skinny. Plenty of skinny unhealthy people out there and we aren't going to have you be one of them, are we?
Old 03-01-2006, 11:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Neck-ed
You finally go tme in here.
Good to see you here!

Monday I took an indoor cycling class at my gym (same as spinning, I believe).I still prefer outdoor cycling but this wasn't bad, and since I want to add more cardio I think I will plan to attend the class once a week in addition to the stuff I already do.

Didn't do any exercise yesterday and I'm not sure about today. Hubby and I went out to dinner Monday night and I must have eaten something that didn't agree with me and it was not Sonoma-friendly, so I guess that's what I get! (trying to look on the bright side, I don't think I can ever eat that food again ...) So I'm not sure if I have food poisoning or a stomach virus. Guess time will tell.

Mel, I read your message on the February exercise thread and wanted to say that I agree about the support here. It took me about three months of regular exercise and better eating to see any change in the way my clothing fit and my weight, and I know I would have given up if it wasn't for 3FC. Thank you for posting that and reminding me how important this site is in my effort to become more healthy (stomach problems notwithstanding! )

I hope to see more people here next time I post.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:44 AM   #6  

Since I haven't actually started doing Sonoma yet (still no book) I haven't been exercising. Shame on me! I actually have an eliptical at home but the most I've been able to stay on it is about 10 minutes. Usually it's most like 5 or less--I'm that out of shape. What are good exercises to start out with for beginners? I used to workout all the time back in the day but have let myself go. What's the best way to get back into it for someone who feels so out of shape?

Jen
Old 03-01-2006, 11:58 AM   #7  

Jen.... well you are right. Shame on you for not exercising. but welcome anyway. Lots of ladies around here start with the Walk Away the Pounds videos, which are just what they say they are Walking videos. They are 1 mile - 4 miles long and i think the one mile one is ~15 minutes. Start slowly, but consistency is the key. Even if you get tired during the video, walk in place until your get your breath back. You do need to challenge yourself, but you don't need to kill yourself.

Collagevideo.com is a great place to read reviews of videos written by real exercisers, not just magazine reviewers. Most videos also have online clips that you can preview.

Good luck and let's get sweaty!!
Old 03-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #8  
Goodbye baby weight!

S/C/G: 206/ticker/155

Height: 5"3

Happy March everyone!!
Looking forward to a new month filled with lots of healthy eating and exercise - it's starting to get lighter earlier in the morning and stay lighter a little later at night here!! - so no more going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark!!! Yipeeeeee!

Anyways - for me today exercise is a 1 hour kickboxing class afterwork... and since I've already posted it that means I can't change my mind and skip it!!
Old 03-01-2006, 12:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Happy March- first time all year I've not driven home from work in the dark!

Jen- you'll find those 5/ 10 minutes add up- I have my elliptical in front of the TV and jump on and off- I can now do a whole film (well 'Miss Congeniality' anyway)

sf40- hope you feel better soon (are you sure it wasn't your conscience after straying from the Sonoma path?)

Just off for my 5 mile walk. Tomorrow is spinning before work and yoga after. But...... you won't hear from me after that til Tuesday as we're going for a romantic weekend in Prague, where I plan on walking a lot for exercise but will be eating out all weekend so will be back here with a vengeance next week.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:39 PM   #10  

Jen, I have an elliptical at home too. DH fell into the same trap. He wanted to go and go and go at a high level and couldn't keep it up. When I get on, I start at a low level and a comfortable pace. Once I've warmed up a bit (3 minutes or so) I increase the resistance level and keep going at the same pace. The way I figured, even if I wasn't killing myself, I was moving for 20 minutes or however long I was on for. Last night, I did 30 minutes. I started at level 2, went up to level 4, did 3 minutes on level 5, came back down to 4 then 3 then 2 then 2 minutes on 1 to cool off. It was a good workout and didn't absolutely kill me.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:59 PM   #11  
Linux Lady

I am doing Sonoma too and at age 68 the only exercise that I am doing is a 2 mile walk 4 or 5 days a week. We live on the Cumberland Plateau in TN, so it is a *very* hilly 2 mile walk.

I have managed to lose about half of my 'computer weight' so far, but it is very slow going. I gained the weight after discovering computers and especially linux, late in life. I sat too much!

Walked 2 miles today. zoey
Old 03-01-2006, 11:06 PM   #12  

Hey thanks everyone for the advice. I'll be sure and start slow. I think my mom has the Walk Away the Pounds videos. Maybe I can bum one off her for a while.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:04 AM   #13  
Marathon Goddess

Good Morning Ladies,

I got in a 3 mile walk it was beautiful here yesterday it hit the 90's!! And 40 minutes of yoga. Rain is supposed to roll in today and cooler temps, only in the 70's so Im only planning on yoga this evening!! Have a great day, and just think tomorrow is Friday!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 09:56 AM   #14  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Weigh-in was 1.5 lbs down and I am happy the scale is finally moving....probably because I am!!!
A sleepy day both dark and gloomy but I did 30 pedal, 15 UB and will get off here and do 15 breathing exercises.

SF~ I hope your tummy feels better soon!! Seems like everyone is coming down with that here as well. So far it has escaped me!! And Thanks..sometimes I need to remind myself too that others played a role in my progress. Good for us for sticking to it!!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:00 PM   #15  
Goodbye baby weight!

S/C/G: 206/ticker/155

Height: 5"3

Morning all,
Well the rain has come my way too!! oh well at least it isn't as cold as it has been lately!! sping is on the way I hope!

Great job moving the scale down Mel! I hope I am as lucky tomorrow!!

Today I managed 30 min on the eliptical and that's about it!

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread