Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 09:48 AM   #1  
*Fit to Ride*

Smile Starting my WL journey, need co-pilot

Hi! I am new here, but I LOVE this site already.

My name is Courtney and I am looking for a weight loss buddy. I am 22 years old and I am an elementary school teacher/dressage rider from Michigan with approximately 40 lbs to lose. This summer, I have found the time and the motivation to take on a personal transformation. I am ready to stay focused and make some positive changes in my eating and exercise habits. I would love a buddy who would be able to exchange email and AOL IM messages. Let's make the journey together...
Old 06-27-2004, 01:09 PM   #2  
Type *

We about on the same weightloss journey. So I would be glad to be your buddy. Im 27 and have just about 40 pounds to go. So feel free to email me. I dont have AOL, but I do have MSN messenger.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:52 AM   #3  
*Fit to Ride*

Hello there!

I'd be happy to buddy up with you. I made up my own personalized Plan to lose my weight - it's posted on my journal on this site under the same username. I'm not following any particular diet, just eating better, and I'm getting more exercise. I've tried to lose weight in the past and was not motivated enough or able to stick to anything due to work/family issues/etc. I know I can do it now, though. You'll just need to kick me in the butt once in a while.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:19 AM   #4  

Hey, could I jump in and make this a triumvirate? I'm a 20 year old Houstonite with 20 pounds to lose. Weight is a emotionally tricky issue for me (though isn't it for everyone) because I was semi-anorexic in high school. Gained 45 lbs my freshman year of college, and lost 20 of it through Weight Watchers last summer, but got sick of being hungry all the time, and gained 18 of it back. Now I've tried Atkins without success, and am thinking about South Beach. I eat healthily and work out 6 days a week, but have been stuck in the same 3 pound rut for 4 months now. So frustrating! Anyway, I'd love to join the new kids on the block support group, if that's cool!
Old 06-28-2004, 11:51 AM   #5  
Type *

Thats fine, happy to help. Juleskat try totally changing up what you are eating. Obviously eat healthy, but try different things. Do a different excercise routine. Find a good protein drink and use that as a meal replacement. Not slimfast. Thats what Ive done and it seems to be working well. My body/ blood type has a slow thyroid, so Ive learned what vegies help it along. If you read through the posts on this website you'll see that the people who lost their weight, did it with hard work. No pills out there are known to actually help. Thats a harsh reality that I am still fighting, I want a magic pill. The thing about Atkins and SOuthbeach is that they aren't tailored specifically to you. You have to find out what works for you. Ive found mine, it was inside the book "eat right for your type" its about blood types and what is beneficial/neutral/bad for each different blood type. So feel free to ask any questions.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:43 PM   #6  
*Fit to Ride*

Hi Juleskat! Glad to have you aboard!

I have tried Atkins too, and I had trouble sticking to it mostly because I got too lightheaded and dizzy on it. I believe I have undiagnosed hypoglycemia, and being that my blood sugar was low anyway the Atkins just about killed me. Now I am going to just try healthy foods and exercise, the old-fashioned stuff.

I work in Produce at a local grocery store and I have learned so much about all the great health benefits of the fruits and veggies and nuts there. I've become more adventurous in my healthy eating - I never would have touched a mango or a starfruit or endive before.

Feel free to email me or IM me anytime!
Old 06-28-2004, 10:23 PM   #7  

Awesome, thanks for the advice. Let the games begin! caralea, what's this eat right for your blood type thing? Sounds interesting, but what exactly does it mean?
Old 06-29-2004, 09:51 AM   #8  
*Fit to Ride*

Ladies- I checked my scales this morning and since my doctor's office weigh-in last week I am down 2.5 lbs to 177.5! YAY!

Jules- From the Amazon website review:

"If you've ever wondered why the latest fad diet doesn't work for you... well, there are lots of reasons, mostly the fact that it's a fad diet. But it could also be that you're the wrong blood type for the kinds of foods the diet recommends. Peter D'Adamo makes a persuasive argument that your blood type is an evolutionary marker that tells you which foods you'll process best, and which will be useless calories. He covers the entire range for each of the four blood types, from entrées to condiments and seasonings, and also makes type-specific exercise and lifestyle recommendations.

Noted naturopathic physician Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo introduces a revolutionary new way to eat - and to live. In Eat Right For Your Type, he explains his groundbreaking diet plan based upon blood type. Our blood type is a roadmap to our inner chemistry - and each blood type processes food, handles stress, and fights disease differently. Find out what you should be eating, and how you should be exercising in accord with your own type. For instance,

For Type O:Focus on higher protein, eliminate grains, and perform energetic aerobic exercise

For Type A:Go vegetarian, exercise more mildly, and ease tension through meditation

For Type B:Vary your diet with a diversity of food groups (including dairy), and exercise moderately by swimming or walking

For Type AB:You have most of the benefits and intolerances of Types A and B. Utilize relaxation exercises

From A to O, Eating Right For Your Type is as simple as A, B, C!"

Here's a link to Amazon for the "Eat Right For Your Type" book.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...573898-1215357
Old 06-29-2004, 12:18 PM   #9  
Type *

There you go, perfect explaination.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:04 PM   #10  

Awesome, thanks. Equestrienne, congrats on the continued weight loss! I've been going through cookbooks all day, and I'm about to go shopping to stock my cabinets with healthy stuff, and start cooking...wish me luck! Any good recipes either of you would recommend?
Closed Thread