Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 12:27 AM   #1  

Default I need to lose 75 lbs. Want to join me on the journey?

Hello all,

My name is Anna I'm 35 yrs old. married for 15 years, have three children (boys ages 11 and 8 and a girl 7). I am currently a SAHM, I had worked as a receptionist for 3 yrs and was laid off in Oct. of 2003. I have been hired as an Office Manager for another company BUT won't start working for another week or so.

I joined WW in January of this year and my starting weight was 255.6 and I lost down to 241.3 by Feb. 28 but haven't been back since, I've went way off program the past few weeks. I realized today that if I do not go to WW this week to weigh in then I have to start over by their standards (if you miss 4 wks or more you must start over!). So I'm going to bite the bullet and go back this week and face the scales. I know I will see a gain but better to get it over with and get back on track. I want to get down to about 175 lbs.

I am good at giving encouragement to others but when it comes to encouraging myself I can't quite do it. Its easier to pep up someone else than it is to pep up yourself. So I'm here to encourage anyone who needs it and hopefully you can encourage me also.

We are a Christian family and we go to a small denominational church. Love it there, everyone is like family. (We are preparing now for our Easter Program and will be practicing it for the next couple weeks, am excited about that!!) I love spending time with my family and enjoy shopping and going to the movies and love animals (we have 4 dogs and 7 cats (4 are kittens).

So if we have any similar interests please email me. I'd love to make some new friends to talk to along this journey. I also have msn messenger and yahoo messenger if anyone wants to add me to their user lists for chats. My user name is jordyn1968

Take care!

Anna in Ohio
[email protected]
Old 03-23-2004, 04:16 AM   #2  
Onward and downward!

Arrow Let's Do It!

Hi Anna,

I am also looking to give and recieve support as I deal with my weight loss. I also am great at encouraging others, but give up on myself too easily. I have also joined WW (several times!) and have found it is not for me. Paying to be weighed each week does not keep me on track.

I have decided 2004 is the year for me to take a huge step out of my comfort zone and trust myself. Keeping a food diary does not work for me! It only leads to feelings of deprivation and then going off the rails big time, which then leads to feeling guilty and a failure. So I now focus on exercise and trusting myself to make healthy food choices . I am now seeing some results and am feeling confident with my new plan of attack.

Good luck with your return to WW.

Weight loss is a very difficult journey, so lets help to inspire and encourage each other . Hope to hear from you soon.

Lucia.

SW: 180
CW: 172
GW: 115
Old 03-23-2004, 10:07 AM   #3  

Anna I think I may have answered you in another message but I want to be your buddy. We have the same stats. I am a SAHM 35 years old 3 kids girl 13 boys 11 and 5. I weight 237 and want to lose 87 pounds. I really want to be on your team. I think together we all can do it. I also see you are a Christian family I like that because with out him we have no where to start. Did you know they have a support group here that includes keeping the Faith? Look under the support section and you will find it. There is a group now I think of about 5 of us Michell, Markay(Sarah), Lucia, you(Anna) and me (Tammy). I would love it if we could all stick together and encourage and motivate each other to lose. I know I can use all the help I can get. I have you email and here is mine [email protected] you can contact me here or by my email. Well I need to run have an appt that can't wait. Good luck and God Bless you today.

Sister in Sweat
Tammy9
Closed Thread