Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #1  
My eye is on the prize!

S/C/G: 245/245/169

Height: 5'6

Talking Looking for a virtual walking buddie

Happy New Year!

My first mini-goal this new year is to loose 10 lbs this month and walk every day. I work full time and am starting back to college full time as well in a week. I have a lot on my plate but I know that I MUST start taking care of myself.

I live in a beautiful - albeit, rainy as all get out - place and have yet to get out and enjoy it.

I am not setting a huge goal to start, just get out every day and walk. Next month I will tackle a bit bigger goal.

If there is anyone else out there who needs someone to help keep them motivated and accountable - Please let me know.

I guess there is no time like the present... here I go! Who wants to join me?

His Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 263/262/160

Height: 5'4

I'll join you. For now, most of my walking will be in the local mall. I live in the cold, dark north, so it is hard to get motivated some days.
I am even game to go as far as to text, to get each other out there.

I am Jenny, I am a mom to a 13 year old son I homeschool, a 5 year old daughter in kindergarten in public school, and wife. I work part time, so I find a ton of excuses to.
I'll keep you on track if you do the same for me.
Cemommster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #3  
My eye is on the prize!

Sounds great Jenny! I am Lila. I am 40, both my boys are grown and moved out. I am in a committed, but long distance relationship and live by myself. I am in Northwestern Oregon and the rainy season is upon us (from Oct - June) But, I have lived here my whole life, so I am use to it!

I work 10 hr days Mon, Tue, Thurs and Fri. I am take 12 credits through the local CC online, which starts in a week. But, since I live alone, I have lots of extra time too.

I just mapped out a mile walk around my home and am going to commit to walking that every day this month. I am so happy you want to join me!

I will PM you my cell # so we can text

So happy to meet you!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/185/135

Height: 5'1/2"

May I join you ladies? My name is Barb, and I live in Wyoming. I have MS, and work out of my home. I have two children, my daughter graduated from college last year and is getting married in July and then heading to grad school. My son is a junior in college in another state. My husband is very supportive. I have a terrible time motivating myself to exercise! I would love some walking buddies!
babsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #5  
My eye is on the prize!

Hi Barb!

Of course, please join us.

I just walked a mile. It doesn't seem like much but, honestly, it kicked my butt!

Butttt..... I feel great!

Yay for walking buddies!

Jenny, I dont think I am able to send PM's yet, I didnt see a way to send one... didnt want you to think I was ignoring you!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #6  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Hi, Lila, I'm also from the northwest, in Maupin Oregon. I try for 10,000 steps a day. I am also signed up on the thread called 1,000 miles in 2013, so you can check that out too.

Mostly I walk inside along with dvd cd's, although I know my dog Jethro would appreciate more walks outside. Very cold here today at 21, so walking inside. Looking forward to getting to know you, Jenny and Barb.

Any one else, WELCOME....WELCOME.

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 01-01-2013 at 07:09 PM.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #7  
My eye is on the prize!

Hi there! I am in Oregon too. In Salem. It was cold here today, but I was so thankful for the blue skies... that doesnt happen enough here. I have been rafting in Maupin many years ago. Great memories.

It funny, I was thinking while walking that I would like to do 1000 miles this year and then you mention it... Thats something! I am going to check it out now...
Old 01-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #8  

Hi ladies. I walked 2 miles around the mall today. I am joining the local Planet Fitness, really good deals. Bummed that their server is down, so I have to go back over there to join.
Babs, I teach classes for the MS society. My brother has been diagnosed for 12 years.

Lila you probably can't. I think its like 10 or 15 posts before you can do PMs.
I am approaching my 40th....this April is my 39th, so I am even more committed to losing the weight for my 40th. I was in a car accident a year ago this past Sept. I had two emergency surgeries for trauma to my breast, and ended up losing part of one. Then I had spinal surgery in April for a herniated disc from the accident. I am still in pain once in awhile, esp with the cold weather. My muscles in my back seize up...which reminds me to call my physical therapist.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #9  
My eye is on the prize!

Gosh Jenny, the accident sounds awful. I am glad to hear you are taking care of yourself.

Its Wednesday, so I am off YAY me!

It was cold here last night. My water froze, so I have been out getting foam for the pipes. I am getting ready to head out for my walk in a few. I forgot to eat this morning, so just had a nice lunch. Black beans are one of my favorites!

Alrighty ladies... remember to keep moving! We got this!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #10  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'd like to invite you all to join our "Walk to Afghanistan" challenge to track your miles, in support of a fellow member whose son is deployed. You just subtract your miles from the most recent total and post the new total (there are plenty of posts as an example):

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...ghanistan.html

And for those of you that are new,
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #11  

that sounds awesome. I'll head over to the group right now.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/185/135

Height: 5'1/2"

Hi ladies! I did the Leslie Sansonne walking dvd yesterday, but today I used my recumbent exercise bike. Sometimes my legs feel pretty tired from the MS, so it's easier to use the bike. Hoping to walk outside tomorrow, but we've got a ton of snow! I've lost my first 10 lbs., only 45 more to go. Sigh....
babsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #13  
My eye is on the prize!

Thanks for the invite Mandalinn--

Barb, Way to go!!!

I walked one mile and I think I am gonna switch the laundry out and do another... What the heck!

Old 01-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #14  

Good job Barb.
Does the cold effect your MS?

Go for it Lily.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #15  
My eye is on the prize!

Whelp, I did the one extra and then figured I would do it again...

3 miles today! Of course I had the day off... tomorrow I work from 5am to 4:30... hopefully I can get 2 miles in tomorrow.