Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 12:09 AM   #61  
focused and aiming

hi, chickies. it's been a good but long day. right now, i'm upset with ticketmaster. i ordered tickets online for casa manana's christmas play. seems they will be delivered to montana. i wanted to send them to my son's here in texas as the tickets are for the grands for their bdays in dec. the play is in ft worth. now i have to call ticketmaster and raise cain in the am. oh, well.

kathy, i won't give up on you. the shop where the tournament is being held is rather small. there won't be much room for spectators. you might be better off watching us shoot another time. it might be better for us to meet another day. also that way you won't have to juggle work.

vickie, curtis is having a fun, too. his only complaint right now is his shoulders are still hurting from all the driving on the long trip.

frouf, looks like w a will begin next week. it's hard to believe how busy we are.

rhonda, i hope you're sleeping better tonight. you're going to have a great time on your cruise. i hope everything goes smoothly.

got to go. i'm upset over the tickets. i have never had problems ordering online before. this is the pits. i may have to cancel the order and reorder directly from casa manana. they are who i thought i was buying from anyway.

i overate today. life goes on.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:49 AM   #62  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! No time to chat but I wanted to say hello. I'm off to lunch/shopping in about 15 minutes.

Then to see Santa Clause...the Escape Clause at 5:00 with dininer afterwards.

So far so good. I need to get on the scale. It's hard to drink my water with all this running!
Old 11-03-2006, 03:33 PM   #63  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hey Vickie - hope you liked the movie and are having fun being so busy, busy busy!

As for martinis - yes the sweet ones are for me - I was tempted to get the 'tartini' last night but didn't!

Alas I ended up w/tummy trouble - not sure why? The new Keg restaurant is lovely and was super busy as well! Ordered steak - came w/caesar salad, veggies, baked potato. Decided on a bottle of wine instead of cocktails.

Salad went down okay - but somewhere halfway thru the steak my tummy starting this rolling feeling inside - NOT GOOD! I ate a bit more - then had to stop cuz I sure didn't want to be running off to the bathroom. Did not even finish my one and only glass of wine (luckily Bonnie likes her wine and was able to do justice to the rest of the bottle). I ordered some tea after that hoping it would settle my stomach but that didn't much work.

Left at 8:30 - instead of going to pick up dd from dance (9 pm) went home and got dh to go get her - at least point I was alternating sweating and chills. Had a very bad night as well - did take some pepto bismol when I got home - went to bed early - 10 pm - but was up at 11:30, 1 am and then really awake from 2;30 - 4:30 am - took some advil for headache - then ended up on love seat in bedroom where I finally slept til 7:15 am

DD had annual checkup this morning so off we went to dr appt - then dropped her off at school and rushed to work for 11 am meeting - of course meeting was rescheduled - and frankly I started feeling pukey again - so finished up some stuff and headed home around 1:30 pm. Have a bit of a headache still and very low grade fever altho tummy feels basically okay? HOpe I am not coming down w/something.

Had to go take ex-dh to pharmacy to big up more drugs! and then some groceries as he is running out of food - dd will help me. Dh going jamming/practice tonight so just little ds and I and I guess I shall probably go to bed early tonight again!

Later,
Frouf

P.S. My cruise buddy Ray from Vegas has sent me MORE GIFTS (froufies really love presents) - a CD of Wicked (wow it's great!) and a movie cd of a travelogue show of Italy (I have a special fondness and wish to visit Venice) along with a $15 starbucks gift card to 'keep me warm" - he is so sweet (I think he is in love with me! tee hee) - also called me last weekend - but left message as I was not home. I guess I shall have to call him back to say thank you (I did send a lovely thank you email already!)
Old 11-03-2006, 03:54 PM   #64  

Height: 5'7"

Yuck! NOT GOOD! I hope you're better soon.

I'm home early because I ran into a snag -- and the person who needed to fix it had already left as well. I'll be back there at 7 tomorrow morning and hopefully they will too. If not, I will move on to something else.

I'm making chili right now, and will make some Jiffy cornbread later on. I think Judd will be home around 4 or so. Tomorrow morning he has a charity bike ride in the morning, then I am hoping that in the afternoon we can get some housework done.

What's everybody doing this weekend?
Old 11-03-2006, 04:47 PM   #65  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! Just stopping in between lunch/shopping and movie/dinner! Lunch was great and I was very good. The shopping trip was quite successful. Four new White Sox World Series winter fleece shirts/sweatshirts for Jim for christmas. He bought something for me but I couldn't see what it was.

Sandra, that's horrible about your tickets. I would be very upset too. I hope you get it straightened out easily today. I can't wait to hear how Curtis likes his water aerobics! Try not to overeat today. It won't help. Easy for me to say...huh? Now if I could only practice what I preach!

Frouf, could you have food poisoning? What did you eat for lunch yesterday? It certainly sounds like it came on too quickly to be a bug. I hope you're feeling better by now. Your cruise buddy sounds like a doll. I'm SO jealous that you got the Wicked CD before I did! I have it on my Christmas list.

Kathy, I hope you enjoy your afternoon. What a nice break for you!

I think I'll be finishing cleaning this weekend and maybe doing a cleaning project or two. I try to stay home on the weekends since all the stores are too crowded.

Gotta go fix my face and hair and sit down for a few minutes. We're leaving at about 4:15.

Have a great night!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:40 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Just a quick hello. I'm very tired tonight, but we had a great private dance lesson to work on our wedding dance. I think that Doyle likes these private lessons more than the group...much more expensive but you get all the attention and actually learn a lot quickly.

Frouf...you had food poisoning, I'm sure. It doesn't take long to come on. I went to a very fancy place in Ottawa and was sick before I was half-way through my steak. The most common reason is cross-contamination in the kitchen...so easy to do. I really suggest that you let the restaurant know. Not to upset them so much as to let them know that something went wrong in their kitchen. Most good places want to know.

Sandra, good luck with those tickets...upsetting for sure.

I haven't been so good on the plan these last two days...too tired, too stress but, tonight we went to an Italian restaurant and I had soup and salad with only one small slice of bread and one glass of red wine. Considering all of the tempations of creamy this and that, I was pleased that I found my restraint.

Talk to you manana!

Rhonda
Old 11-03-2006, 11:12 PM   #67  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, every day all we can do is be as good as we can be and try not to beat ourselves up about it. I'm going to look for some good books on emotional eating. I'm determined to conquer this bad habit!

Good Night Chicks! I'm off to shop with my Sister at 10:00 in the morning tomorrow with a girls' lunch out. We are going to an event at my library where all the home party companies will be there without having to have a home party. Yes, PC will be there, Gold Canyon Candle, Tupperware, Tastefully Simple, Avon, and some others that I had never heard of. Should be fun. I'm after some Gold Canyon Candles. I just LOVE them.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:34 AM   #68  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Have a great day. I'm off to shower and eat breakfast. See you all later.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:47 AM   #69  
Southside White Sox Fan

Forgot to tell you all that last night I watched a DVR of Oprah and Dr. Oz was on. He has a new book called YOU: On a Diet. It sounded EXACTLY like Core. I think I'm going to take it out of the library. Maybe I'll see how much it is on Amazon. I need to work on getting my waist size down. Yikes!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:04 AM   #70  

Good Morning:

Yes, Vickie, it really is emotional eating. I'm getting better at "controlling" it, instead of the other way around. I can't quite understand eating that dry, commercially baked, tasteless cookie just because I'm bored in a meeting!

Another diet that is very similar to Core is the GI diet. I have two books by Rick Gallop, published by Random House, Canada.

I've got another busy day but this one is more for fun thank goodness. A long-time friend has arranged a dinner for us tonight. It won't be Core but I'll be modest. She is another friend who gained about 50 pounds during a very unhappy period and then lost it the good 'ole way by calorie restiction and exercise. She looks fabulous and feels much better.

Have a great day everyone!

Rhonda
Old 11-04-2006, 01:44 PM   #71  

...should have said that her "good 'old way" also included eating mostly Core foods....
Old 11-04-2006, 02:30 PM   #72  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. It seems like its been ages since I've posted. I've tried to read daily to keep up, but that was tough. It was a long week. Work has been a bear. I had a very upsetting meeting with - hmm, what should I call him, I don't report to him but he is the same level as my boss and I meet with him weekly. Anyway, the weekly meeting was going well at least I thought, but then he started in on how he questions my committment to the company. I was blown away - I have been with this company for 16 years, have worked my way up to mgmt and busted my butt along the way. When Sarah was born I was able to come back 4 days a week - taking a 20% paycut, without any reduction in my responsibilities. Unfortunatly I let my emotions get the better of me and I did get upset. Hate when that happens. I had responses to all of his acusatioins. He ever asked what I do for the company on my day off! Even now I get upset thinking about it. UGH! I need to confront my boss next week and ask him if he thinks the same. Any hoo - that was my week!

On top of all that Sarah is still coughing. I took her to the DR this morning since her cough has not let up for 2 weeks. She has a minor double ear infection and slight bronchitis. The DR was great, he said if her lungs were clear he would not give her anything, but since they are not she is on amoxicillan for 10 days. He also told me a good cough suppressent to give her. So she is now sleeping after getting one dose of both.

Sandra - how is Texas? I hope its still nice and warm. Good luck on the tournament

Frouf - hope your feeling better. It does sound like food poisioning to me. Take it easy -- remember the brat diet for upset tummys - bananas, rice, apples and toast.

Rhonda - glad to hear the dancing lessons are going well. Not much longer now!

Vickie - how was the movie? DH and I haven't been in ages. We need to start going regularly for date nights.....hmmm, haven't I said that before???

Kathy - I hope your day wasn't too long at work today. I've got a boat load of stuff I brought home with me that I need to look at this weekend. At least I can bring things home and not have to go in. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Well, thats it for now. I'll stop back later. I think we are in for the night considering DD not feeling well. Hmmm, chinese???

Take care.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:36 PM   #73  

Height: 5' 10"

Not sure if this will work -- here is my halloween spooky spider! (maybe)

Last edited by blessedwithsarah; 01-04-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:23 PM   #74  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wow - Paula - love your litle spider! So cute! And what an awful meeting you had to go thru- do you know what brought that on? I would think they should be 'kissing your feet' and not questioning your commitment - is there anyone you can complaint to about this guy?

Vickie - hope you had a fun fun time!

Kathy - how was the chili? Hope you are not working too hard!

Rhonda - at this rate the 2 of you will be gliding gracefully along the dance floor at your wedding - it will be very impressive!

Yes - does sound like food poisoning - and I think I shall call and let them know? It was too bad cuz the food was sooo yummy - I was really enjoying that steak (and I don't think I hav eaten steak in months!) and was so sorry that I started to feel so sick!!! I am feeling much better today!

As for the Wicked Cd - is it wonderful - I just wish I knew more of the story - I am trying to piece it together from the songs but it's a bit tough - might do an internet search to see what I can find!

So this morning dh and I (dragging along little ds) went to this $25 seminar at the local hospital/heart institute about nutrition and exercising - something we really really need! (we are on their mailing list as dh and I attended some of their 'cholesterol' info meetings when dh was diagnosed with hi cholesterol last year). It was very informative - and I am using it as a motivator to get back on track! I even got one of the pedometers they had on sale (altho I am having a heck of a time getting it adjusted properly - very sensitive) - to check on and increase my walking. We also did calculations on # of calories needed (based on each person's height, weight and age).

the basic premise is of course to move - but very incrementally - for instance if you are sedentary - all they first encourage is at least 60 minutes of life activity per day - not necessarily exercise in the traditional sense - but what we do every day - such as walking, groceries, laundry, mowing/raking, etc. that is the first and minimal step. If you are doing this - or once you have established this consistently - then you are supposed to add exercise to your leisure time - eg. yoga class, or walking outside for exercise, swimming, dancing, other sports - again not super intense - but enough to burn calories and get some aerobic benefit. Last stage is called 'endurance exercise' - given you are doing the above and have gotten all the health benefits of exercising - you now work that much hard to increase your stamina and get the fitness benefits of having a toned, fit body!

So here I am tweaking my pedometer with the plan to take some baseline measurements this week - e.g. if you are already doing 4000 steps per day (averaged over the week) you may wish to make the committment to bring it up to 5000 per day - and so on. Not a bad plan - and one I think I can manage?

Goal today is to eat better and NOT have any more of the LO hallowe'en candy all over the place!

Cold and gray here today - dh and I may be taking little ds to movie tonight (flushed away) - dd w/her dad, and big ds at the Thirst Toad pub tonight - working some band/concert promotion.

Later,

Frouf
Old 11-04-2006, 05:12 PM   #75  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. i couldn't get here yesterday cuz we were busy running in circles. my eating was all right. today's all right, too; i just need to exercise. after the tournament today we stopped by the w a place but it was closed. we'll be joining tomorrow or monday. i told curtis, "no more excuses!" he's agreeing.

we shot this am at the first sywat (shoot your way across texas). curtis shot well. he and i tied scores. i am shooting longbow tomorrow. today was good. we enjoyed seeing the folks. same for tomorrow. my scores will be going up from today's. this is our baseline. curtis shot his average but i didn't. i made a few lucy erroros. we're shooting at kaufman next weekend. that'll be fun. we like going to different archery venues. (that's why they call if "sywat.")

vickie, i'm interesting in hearing what you thought of the movie. sounds like you're back to being "our vickie" again. makes me smile. i'll be watching for your wi monday. i know it's going to be good.

frouf, i hope you're feeling better by now. this is not a good way to lose weight. gifts? i love them, too. i am behind. have you decided on your next cruise?

kathy, i missed you today. it's probably good you didn't come. it was hot and crowded. i'm shooting my longbow there tomorrow. that will be a hoot. i hope i hit the target most of the time.

rhonda, i think you did well at the italian place. i am proud of you. (as always) i'm also getting excited about seeing you and doyle do your dance.

i got the tickets situation repaired. not too much static. i just threatened to cancel payment with the cc.

i'll be back in a sec. i'm doing laundry and my timer's beeping.
Closed Thread