Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Oh, Kathy...that's just awful. I've been on those roads so many times. The story doesn't say if the driver who crossed the line was "under the influence". It so often the case.

And, Vickie, I do hope your friend recovers. What an ordeal for her.

Froufy..do write to me and we'll make a plan. Glad to hear that your presentation went well. I've stayed at the Westin numerous times while working in Ottawa. I like it the most, even though it doesn't have the Laurier's history.

Hmmmm....rotten veggies in the 'fridge...I've been there too often. I, too, have taken to freezing them a lot because I was spending a lot of money for compost!

And, yes, we'll have a videographer at the wedding and reception...got to get this event "on record."

I hope you all have a good night...I've got to get back to the papers.

Rhonda
Old 11-01-2006, 07:37 PM   #47  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, your life always sounds SO crazy and fun all at the same time. Time for some YOU time. What can I do to help you back on the wagon? Would going back to the gym help? I never thought I'd say that I'm looking forward to exercising but I am!

Rhonda, you work too hard too! I loved the Westins when I travelled for work. It was one of my first choices. I loved the heavenly beds and baths.

I just finished dinner. It was smothered barley chicken. Yum! Jim doesn't like it much so I have LO's for lunch for at least 2 days. Yay!

I'm off to watch TV with him. The DVR is backing up.

Melissa, Angela.....how you're well. Paula are you doing good too?
Old 11-01-2006, 07:43 PM   #48  

Mmm, smothered chicken & barley. I love that stuff. It just takes too long to make sometimes, when I'm impatient and in a hurry.

I'm here...just busy with stuff. My older sister had a baby last week, so I have been helping her, and I teach preschool this week. My youngest dd has a cold, and I'm coming down with it, I can feel it. I tried one of those Cold-Eeze lozenges, but it made me sick to my stomach halfway through it. Oh well.

We are swimming in Halloween candy here, but I packed up most of it and stashed it away in the freezer last night. We can use it for Christmas, Easter, next Halloween, etc. You get the idea.

Later,
Angela
Old 11-01-2006, 07:58 PM   #49  
Melissa

Hey everybody, I'm here too. Just so busy. Between school and PC I don't have much time for anything at all.
I REALLY, REALLY miss talking to you all. You can always email me if you want to chat (I can check that at work but can't really get on the boards much).
I have to go cook dinner. Yes, dinner! I hope you are all doing well.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:39 PM   #50  

Height: 5'7"

Melissa and Angela, it's good to see you both! I'm sorry things are so hectic but sometimes life gets in the way of the board, doesn't it?

Angela, poor DD and you too! Have you ever taken Zicam? It's pretty nasty but they have a spray and a lozenge too. I really do think it helps to lessen the cold.

Melissa, I'm hoping your PS is worth keeping you away from us! My Arbonne "consultantship" (I just made up a new word -- feel free to use it) came thru yesterday and I'm working on the website now. I won't be actively pursuing it, but want to make it available in case anyone does a zip code search.

I ended up making ravioli and broccoli for dinner, but nobody's here. We got these packages of ravioli at Costco a month or so ago (suckered in by a taste test, don't you know?) and I had forgotten about them. I was getting the shrimp out of the freezer and saw them ... decided hey, why not? They are sundried tomato, cheese, and mushroom. I added fresh steamed broccoli in with it. Now Judd is at bowling and Erin has a lab tonight, so neither of them will be home until 9.

I only got 10.5 hours of work in today but I was at it pretty steady with just a few little breaks to check in and take a deep breath. I already have 43 hours for the week and there are two more days to go. It also looks like I'll be working all day Saturday (and part of Sunday) because my coworker will be unable to work. Saturday she's having a baby shower for her DD and Sunday she'll be at church. Since her DH is the pastor, she hardly ever gets to miss. She might come in after church but we don't know yet.

And so it goes. I'll be glad when it slows down just a bit.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:14 PM   #51  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. we've had a great day. this am while we were driving to ft worth to train, curtis decided to stop at cracker barrel for bfast. i had a kid's pancake/sf syrup and hot decaf tea. i did great.

after we trained, we came home for lunch then i went to alvarado to visit friends on 2 campuses then i visited with my son. he's the public relations officer for the school district. we made plans for curtis and me to keep one grand friday night for several hours. sat morning we'll be competing at the first indoor archery competition of the year. i'm excited about both.

it was good to see everyone. i'm glad we're we're going to be here for awhile. life is good.

vickie, i'm sorry about cindy. i don't know what else to say to make you feel better, but i am happy you were able to handle emotional eating. you're doing sp well. cindy must be proud of you--and for you.
i hope i'm not overeating right now. we're not going to start w a till next week cuz we have too much going on right now. those cabins here at the ranch are adorable. the bed and bfast rooms are fabulous looking. it's neat how we've been able to watch this place blossom from its beginning.

kathy, that's so sad. i'm very sorry this happened.

frouf, i knew you and dh were a romantic pair. okay, it's about time to go to the westin again. or maybe you could come to a cabin at the ranch? congratulations on doing a great job on your presentation. i have to admit i'm not surprised but i am impressed as always.

rhonda, i don't miss those days of grading papers, but i do miss having students. today felt a bit sad to me. i don't think i would have been able to stay retired if i'd remained in alvarado. living in montana with curtis has given me a whole new life.

angela, congratulations on packing up the candy. i'm proud of you.

melissa, i don't have your email addy with me. will you send me an e so i can e you?

kathy, i just saw that you'll be working all day saturday. bummer!! i was hoping to get to meet you in person at the tournament. you're right. life gets in our way, doesn't it?
Old 11-01-2006, 10:21 PM   #52  

Sandra, I'm still trying to figure out a way. If I could take a 10-noon break, I might be able to manage it. North Arlington isn't that far from Beach if I just go straight down 30. We'll see what happens, so don't give up on me yet.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:15 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All:

I woke up at 3AM, tried to go back to sleep for an hour, then gave up. I went to bed early so it's not too bad, but this afternoon is going to be very sleepy!

I spent an hour away from papers last night to look at "cruise critic" an on-line discussion of cruises. It seems that our cruise ship-- Ectasy with Carnival-- has not perfected the debarkation process. The advice is to travel light and take care of your own bags and make sure you're in the correct line. The reviews were quite variable for even the same cruise....some people were very happy and others were not so pleased. I'm going to be pleased just to be able to do essentially nothing for 5 days

I really want to graze and eat things that aren't good for me....I better make some oatmeal before I go crazy. Of course, there's nothing much here to go crazy with. Now, where did I put that Halloween candy???

Actually, I'm impressed with my willpower over that candy. I think that if I'm going to eat chocolate it's going to be only the best and there's none here.

So, wake up everybody!

Rhonda
Old 11-02-2006, 09:44 AM   #54  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I finally slept well last night but I confess that I took some Tylenol PM liquid to help. It's great stuff. I've got errands to do today since I'll be out playing tomorrow.

Angela, it is always SO good to hear from you! I know what you mean about the smothered barley chicken. I try to plan it into my schedule. I didn't do it this time but I try to make two meals back to back that need onions and peppers chopped. Then I make the other meal before smothered barley because I have all the chopping done. I've also modified the recipe. I broil the chicken in the broiler until it is nearly done while cooking the barley concoction in a covered large pan on the stove. When the chicken is done I put it into the pan to finish cooking all the way through and get the flavors. It dirties another pan but it helps with the time factor. I have LO's for two days so I'm a happy girl. I get SO tired of trying to figure something out to eat for lunch. I wish I could find another barley recipe that I like. Congratulations to your Sister! I hope you avoid the cold. The zinc in the Cold Ease always upset my stomach too. Not worth it. We miss you. Stop in when you're done with preschool.

Melissa, I miss you a ton too! I understand how busy you are but I'm selfish. Your support always helps a lot. So I'm dying to know how you are doing on plan. I see you were cooking last night which must be a good sign. Are you still exercising? Is PC going so well that you could do it fulltime?

Kathy, don't forget to take a COUPLE of deep breaths! It's sad that you have to work so much. I think I'd look for another job.

Sandra, it was delightful to see your post! You really do sound so happy in your post. I'm glad you are enjoying your Son and Grands. Is Curtis having fun too? What a clever idea you had at Cracker Barrel. It would never have occurred to me to look at the kids menu. You did great! Good Luck on Saturday. I can't wait to hear the results. Make sure you get to WW so your Doctor doesn't give you ****!

Oh Rhonda, I'm so sorry to hear that you couldn't sleep last night. It really stinks, doesn't it? I feel exactly the same way about chocolate. I don't eat the junky chocolate anymore. It has to be Dove Dark or something equally great from Trader Joe's. The only exception I make are the WW mint patties in dark chocolate. I love those. All are one point each. Well worth it and very satisfying. Keep thinking good thoughts of that cruise while you are trying to stay awake this afternoon.

Well, I don't remember seeing a menu thread so I'll go start one of those. Then it's off to breakfast for me, a shower and off to errands. Dinner out tonight at my favorite Core restaurant. It may be broiled salmon for dinner tonight. Yum!
Old 11-02-2006, 10:35 AM   #55  

LOL! Vickie, for pilot/maintenance training all the jobs are like that. Four years ago, I decided to go commercial instead of military (to SimuFlite) because I thought it might be better without government contracts. Nope! Those schedules were just as bad, plus I didn't like it at all, so I came back to military and my old company. Fortunately they took me back.

I have a few other things working that I'm working on right now -- like a company cookbook, the website for Arbonne, and getting the guest rooms redone in time for Christmas guests. Seems like there aren't quite enough hours in the day.

Well, there's a deadline to get this little section of stuff done by COB today so it'll be ready for customer testing week after next. I suppose I should get back to it.

BBL...
Old 11-02-2006, 10:45 AM   #56  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well at least you tried! It just seems like so much. But you like to be busy anyway. I need someone to come in and redecorate my house. I want it done but have very little interest in doing it myself. Good luck with the Arbonne.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:33 AM   #57  
Southside White Sox Fan

Yikes...I'm going out to eat tonight and twice tomorrow! Having lunch with a friend tomorrow and shopping at a baseball store then Santa Clause at the show and dinner afterwards with the Niece/NIL and Great Niece and Great Nephew.

I'm trying to plan now.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #58  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hey Kathy - I'll help you decorate! I love decorating - esp when I don't have to spend my money! Wish I had more time and $$ to finish the upstairs - downstairs all done now!

Sure hope you can make time to see our favorite archer strut her stuff!

Vickie - have fun while you're out and enjoy the show! Glad you got some better sleep last night! I need more - went to bed around midnight - but was already up tossing and turning at 5:30 am!

Angela - sorry about the possible cold! Hope you can find something suitable that doesn't make you sick and relieves some of the symptoms.

Melissa - sure sounds like PC is doing well for you! Please visit when you can!

Sandra - what fun you are having on your 'vacation'! Bet it was great catching up w/everyone - when is curtis' first water aerobics training session? Let us know how he makes out! Good luck on Saturday too!

Rhonda - gotta love those heavenly beds - we like the Westin here cuz it's attached to the Rideau Centre (big shopping mall) - but nothing compares to the majesty of the Chateau Laurier - dh and I got married there - and have spent a few overnights there as well! (and finagled an upgrade to a suite when we have stayed on our anniversary as we did get married there!).

Did you visit your 'roll call' on the cruise critic site? Go to Boards, then Roll Calls, Carnivel and Ectasy - then try and find your sailing date! Lots of fun making new friends! (e.g. for nov 27?? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=408734)

Frazzled here at work today - lots of inefficiencies in the contracting world which are driving me INSANE - I am trying not to scream and tear my hair out but getting pretty close. Only thing keeping me focused is planned dinner out w/my gf Bonnie - at a new Keg just opened up - I am envisioning some pretty fancy martinis entering my mouth!

One more meeting coming up - then hopefully I can calm down and relax - I feel a bit of a niggling headache creeping up on me - left temple area! Hope it disappears before I head out!

Later,

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 11-02-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:39 PM   #59  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm home from dinner and it was fantastic! Great salad, wonderful steak, ww pasta plain with smart balance. Yummo as Rachael Ray would say. I'm off to watch TV since I have to get going early tomorrow. I have such a big day that I don't know if I'll be able to stop by.

I'm so proud that I'm on program.

I just talked to my friend Cindy. She's feeling a bit better and no fevers since Tuesday night. She's moved on to soft food. The transplant board meets tomorrow to decide what to do for her. They want to give her chemo to bring her blasts down but are afraid to make her sick and then have to recover before the transplant. It would just put her back into a vicious circle.

Frouf, I hope you had a wonderful dinner like I did and that you enjoyed your friend Bonnie's company. What kind of martini did you have? You know I've never had one. I only like sweet drinks so I'm thinking the newfangle ones might be appealing to me. I hope that headache never appeared!

Talk to you all soon.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #60  

Vickie, I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner! I know that ... speaking STRICTLY FOR MYSELF ... there's no way I could eat out that often. My once every few weeks worries me enough; anymore than that and I would be assured of a gain.

I finally got finished around 6:00 tonight and got home at 7:30 after a stop at the store. Tomorrow will only be 7-5, and Saturday 7-12 unless the hours are extended. It might rain this weekend and I'd like to be home with the fireplace and a movie if it does! Too bad "The Devil Wears Prada" isn't out until 12-12. I got another book yesterday, by the same author, and so I'm anxious to start it. I read for 15-20 minutes before bed, and then if I wake up during the night I get a few more minutes in.

The scale is down tonight and so I'm certain that I will make my birthday goal.
Closed Thread