Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 10:48 AM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

One more time on the VistaPrint ...

http://www.savings-center.com/

Try this one. Put VistaPrint in the search box, then you'll see a page with all of their deals. Choose one and click on the "use coupon" link.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:07 PM   #32  

Height: 5' 10"

Default Happy Tuesday!

Well today is the day - no more messing around. I am OP and going to stick to it - no more back sliding! I didn't see a menu post for today - I'll go start one.

I have at least a quiet hour - my dd is now napping. Tuesdays are my day home with her, I work the other 4 days of the week. Its a nice schedule. We had preschool orientation this morning, she starts tomorrow. I know she will be fine - she didn't want to go when we left, but was very upset she had to leave. She needs the structure and interactions with other 3 year olds. Since she was born, she has spent 2 days a week with my mom and 2 days with my MIL. Its been great, but time for school. As soon as she wakes up she'll have lunch and we are off the farmers market.

As far as soup ideas -- anyone ever make butternut squash soup? I have a couple receipes I'll post later this week. I have them on my pc at work, not home. Very good soup for the winter.

Take care all.

Paula
Old 09-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #33  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. we practiced archery this am at the center and have now just finished lunch. i never got my pot of 0 pt soup on the stove yesterday, but it's simmering now. i'll prob have it for dinner if i don't think of something else.

vickie, i hope wi went well for you. i also hope you're feeling better. i guess the changes in weather maybe made you sick. we saw a man with a special gas mask on earlier. he was putting some mesh wire around a tree. the smoke is horribly worse. he's smart to wear that mask.

kathy, how's your day going? is it cooler?

frouf, i really don't use a recipe for my soup. i just clean out the fridge. (now that doesn't sound good, does it?)

paula, i haven't made squash soup. will you post the recipe over on the recipe board? thanks.

melissa, the packet came today. i'm going to look it over in a few minutes and get started.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:32 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone:

I'm busy this week and next with an intensive course we teach and it's going to be tough with the eating. But, I did OK today. I found Minestrone soup in the cafeteria and had it with a piece of whole wheat toast. I took apples and yogurt with me and did all right.

The evening meeting was tougher but I took the bread off of the sandwiches, ate lots of salad with only a little oil and only 1/2 piece of carrot cake !!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #35  

Hey, folks. I'm finally home from work. Tonight Judd made salmon burgers on the grill and we had broccoli and corn on the cob with it. They were very good.

Morning weight was 144.4 and right now (well, before dinner, that is) it was 144.8 so I'd say it was a good day. I had plenty to eat today and lots of water, so I'm hoping it's a little lower tomorrow. Tomorrow night we're having the tortilla crusted tilapia, wild rice, and salad. We just decided while sitting here eating tonight's dinner.

And the new season of House! We're watching it now. After that I might go to bed because I have to be at work at 6, plus stop at the store for a banana tomorrow morning.

I hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 09-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #36  
Melissa

Wow, we've not been very busy today, huh? Is that a bad sign?
I sure miss chatting with you all during my day. It's so uplifting to come chat when things are stressful at work.
I've been working on pampered chef stuff tonight. I'm getting kind of nervous. Thursday night is my "practice" show and then Friday is the real thing. I'm just that all goes well. It's a lot to think about at one time, but I'm thinking it's going to be fun. That's what matters. Plus the food tastes really good. Tomorrow night I'll have to go to the grocery for the two shows plus work late. Yippee. Oh well, that's what I got myself into!
I'm going to go spend some time with DH. We've been to class tonight and I haven't really gotten to talk with him much.
I'll talk to you all tomorrow! I hope it's a great day for all.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:48 AM   #37  
focused and aiming

melissa, the show will be a hit. you're going to have fun and make some $$$.

rhonda, you made some good healthy choices. i remember from years past how it was always difficult to stay op first day of school. "you done good."

kathy, sounds like you're doing well, too. tilapia sounds delicious. i have some in the freezer that we may have tomorrow, too. we can pretend we're eating together. (i guess that's pretty silly, isn't it?)
Old 09-06-2006, 06:43 AM   #38  

Good Morning everyone.

I've got a big lecture to give this morning..and, I don't care how many times you give a lecture to essentially the same kind of students about essentially the same topic..there are always pre-performance jitters. Some people can't eat before they perform but that has NEVER been my problem!

I bet Sandra's insomnia is just her wanting to be back in the classroom

It's a morning to have oatmeal and pack my lunch.
I hope everyone has a good OP day! No bites of carrot cake for me today or I won't meet the challenge!
Old 09-06-2006, 07:04 AM   #39  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I've been up since 5:00. I didn't sleep much last night. I was disturbing Jim so I finally just got up. What I thought was allergies turned into a full blown head and chest cold. I've got every symptom under the sun and I'm feeling pretty miserable.

I stayed the same at WW yesterday. I wasn't surprised with only 20 minutes of exercise. I had used all of my WPA's before Wicked and then went over. I'm lucky that I didn't gain. I guess I did better with my portion sizes. I'm shootin for a better week for next Monday.

Sorry I'm not being a very good friend right now. I can't think too clearly and I'm too miserable to try very hard. I hope you are all well and staying on program.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:29 AM   #40  

Poor Vickie! I hope you feel better. The one thing I've learned over the last five months of not being able to do any exercise is that I MUST eat less to create that calorie deficit. I hope you can figure out your portion issue soon so that you don't start going backward.

Meanwhile though, taking care of the cold is the most important thing.

I'm only working 11 today instead of 12, and only got about 5 hours of sleep, so I'm a bit out of sorts myself. The scale was down .2 this morning though, and I was glad about that. Still ...

Okay, better get back to work. Everybody have a good day! Rhonda, your lecture will be fine! I'm sure you know the subject inside out! And yes, Sandra, we will eat our tilapia together. It's not silly at all!!

for you all!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:26 AM   #41  

Height: 5' 10"

Morning everyone. Dropped dd off at preschool today - when I asked for a hug, she hugged the teacher. I don't think she is going to miss me - way to many new toys. As I write this I think they are doing circle time...I'm happy for her, but sad for me! She'll be at my mom's by 12:15 and I know I'll be calling right then....

Did OK food wise yesterday. I made pumpkin pudding - which I haven't done in quite sometime. Night time snacking did get to me. I had my tea, then some pudding. I was very satisfied. But then I remembered that bag of chips that are opened in the pantry. Had a few of those. Finally stopped myself. I don't think I had too many,but I know I'm my own worse enemy. New day today.

I brought the chicken, quiuno and lentil stew for lunch - I haven't had it yet, I hope its good. I'll let you know, if it is I'll post the recipe. Then tonight I have to make a birthday cake - dh's bday is tomorrow, he wants chocolate cake with choc frosting. With just us and a 3 year old in the house, this is going to be hanging around a while. I am NOT going to have any - not big on sweets so it will be easy to pass on it.

Well, got to get ready for a meeting this morning. Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:48 PM   #42  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi everyone,

Just passing the time of day waiting for my vacation to begin (3 more sleeps!). Work is a bummer - I have a desk full of @#$@#$@4 paperwork and I shall try at least to organize it before I go? ha ha ha

Paula - I'm sure your dd had a fabulous time and it's better that they want to go then cling to you crying! Let us know how your lunch was! Good luck w/the cake!

Rhonda - a bit of nerves, in my opinion, is a good thing. It shows that you still care and want to do a good job! I'm sure it went well!

Kathy - hope the 11 hour day goes as fast as possible for you!!!...and my (nasty) scale was up this morning - trying to drink more water today!

Poor Vickie - hope you can take some meds, and go lie down and feel better soon!

Melissa - good luck w/your practice and 'show' - I know you'll do a great job and become a pro at it very soon! What are you preparing?

I brought all my gym stuff today (even the runners) but so tired due to a late bedtime - I really need more sleep - not sleeping well these days?

Got all my cruise docs last night and brought them to work - Andrea is right now LAMINATING our cruise luggage tags (she is a laminating freak! ha ha ha) as we have heard how they are torn or fall off before you get to port and we want to put them on our luggage when we leave home (so the laminating and attaching w/cable ties shall do the trick!). Already filled out my BAHAMAS immigration card (our first stop is Nassau!)and getting all my other docs in order.

And the best news is it sure looks like Tropical Storm Florence has taken a turn north - away from the Bahamas and the eastern caribbean (good for us - bad for Bermuda!) - so hopefully no itinerary changes or bad weather!

Laundry and toiletry packing on the agenda tonight!

Frouf
Old 09-06-2006, 05:11 PM   #43  
focused and aiming

howdy, chickies. it's a smoke-filled valley here in missoula. i just thought the smoke was thick earlier. oh, well, thank goodness for a/c and air purifiers.

rhonda, you're funny, girl. but you could be partially right. i do miss the excitement of school beginning and meeting the new students/staff. i just don't miss it enough to want to jump back in the middle of things. i had some chocolate cake today. it wasn't my fault. i went to 2 grocery stores looking for the weight watcher's chocolate cake but didn't find any. so i bought me 1 slice of the real deal. i bought curtis 1 slice, too. i know it would have been cheaper to just make a cake here at home, but this way we had great portion control. now i need to do some w a and work really really hard. (0 pt soup w/o crackers tonight)

vickie, that's good that you turtled. i hope you're feeling better. we're all sort of woozy here from the smoke, so i'm not thinking too clearly either.

kathy, i was going to have the tilapia tonight. the chocolate cake ended that. so i'll be late for dinner so you and judd go ahead and start without me. i'm not making curtis eat 0 pt soup. he'll have something more decadent.

paula, i'm glad i had my chocolate cake before i read about dh's bday cake you're going to make. i'm too full right now to want any more. congratulations for nipping that eating spree in the bud.

frouf, i was wondering about hurricanes. i'm glad you'll have smooth sailing.
curtis is very particular about having our luggage identified. that's a good habit.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:38 PM   #44  

Hi All:

The lecture went just fine. Doyle went with me which was fun. He said I did well. Yes, I do care, a lot. I'm three years from retirement but still passionate about this aspect of my work.

I've done very well with my intake these past two days but it's hard to get the exercise in. I can't get to my aerobics or Pilates classes so I have to use the exercise DVD's and walk. As good as the DVD's are, I believe I push myself harder with the teacher "live" in front of me.

I hope everyone has a good evening. I was going to ask how close you are to those fires in Montana, Sandra. Hope you're OK.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:44 PM   #45  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I just stopped in to say hello. I haven't been this sick in a long, long, time. I have every symptom on the Nyquil bottle! I'm actually going to take some Nyquil tonight even though I take blood pressure medicine. I have GOT to get some sleep. I see my Internist for a wellness visit tomorrow so I'll check with him to see if it's ok for me to take Nyquil. I have to get some relief.

My eating was great and completely on program until dinner time. I didn't feel like cooking so Jim ordered a pizza. It was ultra thin crust and veggie. I only had a couple of pieces so I should be ok. My portions are great and I've had a lot of water today.

I hope you're all well. I'll come back when I feel more up to it.
Closed Thread