Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 09:56 PM   #91  

Height: 5'7"

You GO, girl! I can't believe it's almost your birthday again! Seems like it was just last month! This year has flown by ... that's for sure!

Whatever the motivation is, then I say go for it! I've been motivated in the past by the weirdest things but don't even question it -- just act quickly before the whim passes (which for me, could be any minute).

Judd saw a pizza commercial and decided he wanted that. I had already made the spaghetti, so I just put it in the refrigerator and will have it one night next week. Since I'll be on my own, I can do pretty much whatever I want. I bought a lot of Lean Cuisines so that I could have that with a salad for dinner.

I'm getting tired for some reason; shouldn't have gotten up at 6 on a Saturday morning when I didn't need to. Tomorrow will be another early morning because I have to finish the laundry so that Judd can get his clothes ready. I think he's leaving around noon.

Melissa, I wish Aaron had a better situation. I'll be sure to keep him in my prayers ... surely something will give soon. I remember how excited he was to get that job. Hopefully it can be salvaged.

Night, all. Have a good evening and get some rest!
Old 09-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #92  
Melissa

Hey Kathy! Yes, this year has flown by...and I'm still nowhere near my goal! Oh well, no reason to pout, it's my own fault!
Thanks for the prayers. It's not like it's a terrible situation, just not exactly what we thought it was going to be. But that's the way it goes, huh?
I haven't found anything for my birthday yet. Nothing really appeals to me except expensive jewelry. Hmmm...
Old 09-09-2006, 10:12 PM   #93  
Melissa

I just found out that Hospice here in town is hiring a Bereavement Counselor (the only position I'm remotely qualified for)! It's the first time I've seen this open since we came back to KY!!
Old 09-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #94  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking Guess Who From Guess Where?

Here I am - successfully arrived in Miami - it is so hot and steamy here I am absolutely melting - and lo and behold I now have curls in my hair!

Our flights were as uneventful as we had hoped!

Vicke - we loved Chicago airport - esp those automatic plastic toilet seat cover things - wow - how impressive - I just wanted to keep watching that happen! We had just enuf time to make our 35 min connection - bathroom break - picked up sandwich at some restaurant in food court - and then to the gate where they were already boarding. Nice movie and drinks (your diet pepsi sure taste different than ours!)....and water and coffee.

I am of course eating too much. We were just over at Bayside Marketplace - a very amazing place - saw all these outstanding yachts tied up and lots of people and shopping and daiquiri bars and restaurants.

Had dinner at Bubba Gumps (mahi mahi) and my tummy hurts cuz I ate too much and even had a blue hawaii drink so I am even drunk now.

We are in the (free internet) business center at the hotel - before heading off to bed!

Can't wait to board the ship tomorrow.

Hope you are all fine and well and behaving yourselves while I'm gone!

Later chickies!

Froufie
Old 09-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #95  

Height: 5'7"

Sa-WEET! I was hoping you could check in before boarding the ship! Have a SUPER time!! We are totally jealous and miserable in our respective homes, living boring lives and wishing we were you!!
Old 09-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #96  

Hey gang,
we got back from our vacation of visiting our dd's and then right back to work. Its been pretty hectic around here lately. I did manage to maintain while I was away..guess thats good. It sure has been cool here ..frost at nights already!
Vickie I hope your feeling better soon
Frouf I know your gone but I hope you have a great trip...I heard two planes clipped wings (on the ground I believe yesterday) one of the planes was headed for chicago...wonder what the odds are it was Froufs plane?? I sure hope not..
Melissa,,,keeping my fingers crossed for you!!
Hi to all the new members!! great to see you here
I better go let my pup in,,hes barking.
Will check in again tomorrow..

coming back to edit...HI FROUF.........glad it was uneventful plane trip..enjoy those blue drinks!!
Old 09-10-2006, 08:30 AM   #97  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I woke up this morning to a very dreary rainy day. I'm very happy that I don't have anywhere to go and nothing I must do but watch TV, read and cook dinner. Life is good. I'm still not seeing a lot of improvement but I'm not getting any worse so that's great in itself. I certainly don't feel up to exercising. I'm not sure what the scale will do tomorrow but I hope it will go down a smidgeon. Still no exercise for me this week which I know is the only thing that will make me lose since I am NOT willing to eat like a bird. Period.

Jim and I watched a lot of 24 last night. We are currently viewing season four. We saw season five last year, so after this we'll be caught up. It takes a little drama out of it that we know some people are in season five...meaning we know they survive but it's still good. I wasn't sure I could watch them since I'm such a scaredy cat about terrorist stuff. This year's stuff about the nuclear plants has me a bit disturbed. Especially since I think there is one not too far from us here. I keep telling myself it's just a movie.

Now I'm going to post a menu thread and see what you are all up to.

Last edited by Vickie; 09-10-2006 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:18 AM   #98  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, 5 year old Great Niece has her adult teeth growing in behind her baby teeth! Dentist gave her 3 weeks to wiggle them and try to get them to fall out or he's going to pull them. My Niece keeps giving her apples to eat and she bites on the side. Stubborn little girl. I'm so glad you're back on Core. It works and we know you are good about getting your exercise. You'll have those pesky pounds off in no time. Is your meat loaf recipe posted? I need to make one and freeze it for lunches. Another thing Jim won't eat.

Rhonda, I'm still waiting for MY steak! Medium rare please.

Kathy, your pasta sounded good from last night. Did you put your healthy oil in there too? I've been thinking about Shaun. I asked in one of my recent posts if you had heard from him. I guess you didn't see it. Is he well? He's sure been seeing lots of rain!

Melissa, I'm sorry for Aaron. It sounds like they are taking advantage. What is wrong with people? The job at the Hospice sounds like an answer to a prayer. I hope your resume is all ready. Didn't you also know someone who works there so that you could get a bit of an inside track?

Frouf, it was SO good to hear from you! O'Hare is amazingly clean and nice which I think is surprising given its size. I, too, love those rotating toilet seat liners. Imagine how disgusted I am when I got to other airports! I've travelled a lot for work and have never seen another nicer airport. Not that I'm prejudiced! It truly sounds like you relaxed quickly and are well on your way to having a marvelous vacation. Enjoy yourself because it will pass quickly.

Patti, HUGE congratulations for keeping the weight off on vacation. So you and I have the hang of maintenance...now we just need to lose some more! It seems like we are all either crazy busy or sick. Not good.

Ok Chicks! I'm off to give us a menu thread since we didn't have one yesterday at all.
Closed Thread