Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 03:24 PM   #46  
focused and aiming

i can't get over it either, melissa. i catch myself looking in the mirror a lot. also, the shorts i have on wind up hanging on my hips. that's a great problem.

the class sounds very interesting. i'll bet you will enjoy it.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:18 PM   #47  

I am going to do a Vickie Harumph!!! I am so frustrated, my daughter loves Polly Pocket I have been trying for the last 2 days to get her Polly Pocket play houses from the 90's on Ebay and I keep getting outbid at the last second, I would buy them at a store but they are not in production any more. doh!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:34 PM   #48  
focused and aiming

niki, i understand what you're going through. i'm not on ebay but i'm patrolling walmart to see when they mark down their waterfalls again. now they're $86 instead of the original $115. if they hit $50 or close, i'll buy 2 or 3 and give them as gifts and keep one for my hummingbird garden.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:44 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi:

Rose, we're neighbors? Interesting....

Thanks so much for the links about cruises..I went to it and think I'll sign on and chat with the prospective passengers.

I can't find the space that was mentioned where you wrote about yourselves..I'd bare all if I could find it!

I have had a great OP day...and went to exercise class tonight. I also go to Pilates on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:46 PM   #50  

sandra are you watching bb, I wonder who is going on the chopping board to replace Janelle, that chill town are so two faced
Old 08-29-2006, 09:24 PM   #51  

Height: 5'7"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53270

There you go, Rhonda! NOW you can bare it all!
Old 08-29-2006, 10:55 PM   #52  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi all,

Late night check in after a busy and yet another stressful day at work (so my @#$@#$@#$$ database is crapping out again - and we have 'lost' some applicants! IT guy trying to fix it - and more 'apology' emails to go out asking them to re-apply - I am so frustrated by all of this!).

So due to database issues a lot of other stuff is still just sitting there on my desk staring at me (what nerve!) - and without any staff - it's just me, myself and I tryingn to keep things going and honestly it's not pretty. I am now doing 2 jobs - and basically sinking! Need to stay organized and focussed.

So when the 'let's go out for lunch today' conversation started at work I was in - we went to a FANTASTIC indian buffet place - and yes I overindulged - but barely ate dinner I was not hungry til after 8 pm (which probably indicates how much I overate???).

Also had to go to lawyer's after work instead of gym to get notarized letter for ex to take dd over the border (watertown?) this weekend. Then some shopping - found some new socks for my cruise (black w/flowers and black w/white polka dots) - and yes Sandra I too am looking for a bargain - saw a cool pair of ray-ban sunglasses I would love (as 2nd pair) but too cheap to pay $35 (you'd think it being the end of summer they would be on sale?) - I will see if price drops soon!

Vickie - congrats on your 1.6 loss - way to go - considering TOM and all. Sounds like Cassie is almost back to normal? Hope all is okay with her.

Niki - I too am looking forward to school starting and getting back on a routine. (but just realized that means making lunches again UGH!)

DD's dance classes this yr seems to be Mondays (8-9), Wednesdays (7:30-09:30) and thurs 8:30-9:30 - or something like that - so lots more 'chauffeuring" in my future.

And Niki - that has happened to me many times on e-bay - being outbid at the last second! You need to be hanging on there when the auction ends - so frustrating!

Rose - yes I know Kanata - dh had a townhouse there before we married - and we used to call it our 'cottage' as we used it as a weekend getaway!

I too wonder where Saundra is? I know she went to Picton - she was also expecting company from out of town? But I don't remember the exact dates?

Kathy - good job on gym and water consumption - looks like it is paying off. As for the 'finger updates' - they made me shudder

Rhonda - hope you have a nice time chatting with your cruise buddies - it will surely make the cruise experience that much more fun! I sure hope you told the cruiseline it was your honeymoon!

Okay so I can't find a good beach bag and time is running out - I have a lame plastic one (estee lauder) which I use when w/dh - and he lugs around the heavy backpack with our towels, snorkel/mask, water shoes, change of clothes, sunscreen, camera, etc. Given that he is not with me I guess I can't ask Andrea to be my packhorse?? So I need something a bit more substantial but seem to be super picky? Can't find right size/color/style and now they are all gone! Some on e-bay but with 10 days left to cruising not sure I can get it fast enuf? Have to go forage in my closet and see what else I can find.

and Rose as for feeling 'fat' on my cruise - yes I hope to cover it up with my sense of humour - however it's more a state of mind I guess. I know I would feel better and have more confidence if I had lost some more weight (and even so I would be considered obese). I am mostly concerned about clothes fitting and not too many excess bulges or folds - but guess there's not much I can do about that now? I need to stop pressuring myself about this cuz I think this is what is now causing me to overeat and gain even more weight before I go - help!

Froufie
Old 08-30-2006, 12:49 AM   #53  
focused and aiming

rhonda, congratulations on a great day making healthy choices and getting some exercise. you are sounding sooooo happy--and focused, too.

niki, i watched it on tape later tonight. i was at w a when it aired. grrrrrrrr!!!! that chill town makes me mad.

frouf, i'm getting frustrated, too, waiting on these end of summer bargains to appear. maybe soon. how many more days till your cruise?
Old 08-30-2006, 04:49 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

What am I doing awake at this hour!!!!?? I was hungry that's what! I had some hot milk while baring it all on the profiles...READ ALL ABOUT IT!

I hope you all have a great day; I'm going back to bed for a little while...
Old 08-30-2006, 08:17 AM   #55  

Wow, Rhonda! That's no fun!

I didn't go to the gym this morning because Judd didn't sleep = I didn't sleep and I woke up with an earache and something hurting waaaay at the back of my throat on the earache side. Hmmm ... oh, well. Might as well shaddup about it because I have another 10 hours at work, then we'll see what happens.

Scale was down .2 this morning, to 141.4. I just can't break out of the 140s except for brief fleeting moments. Hopefully by Monday, I'll have done it and then can stay there. It's aggravating, to say the least.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:20 AM   #56  

good morning all,

Another rainy day here. I'm hoping Ernesto goes far enough west so we can salvage the holiday weekend.

Rose, my joy at school starting is more about some structure in the house than anything else. As a full time working mom I value every second with both my DD's. They truly are the lights of my life. I just feel bad that I'm at work and they are at home. At least if there's school our schedules are somewhat similar and I don't feel as if I'm away from them as much.

Froufy, I hope the Cruise is coming soon. I'm totally jealous. I'm hoping to go on one next year for my 20th anniversary.

Niki, I have to look at some of the things we haven't unpacked yet. We've only been in the house so there's no big rush. I might actually have a polly pocket set from my older daughter. I remember keeping one but my little one never played with it. I'll let you know after the weekend.

Better get back to work. See ya later
Stacey
Old 08-30-2006, 11:01 AM   #57  

Good morning chickies, rain, rain & some more rain it has not stopped raining since Sunday.

Kathy I hope your not getting sick.

Froufy wow only 10 days left till your cruise. How frustrating for the database to crash and lose info, hasn't this happened before.

Tejas you were up before the birds, I hope you were able to fall back asleep.

Stacey I'm with you, I hope Ernesto goes far west enough, I don't want this weekend to be a wash out. Hasn't this weeks weather been awful?
Stacey wonderful, my dd will be very pleased if you have a Polly Pocket set, I will pay you for the set & shipping.

Sandra you are doing soo great, isn't it wonderful when your clothes just hang big, I have alot of clothes that are getting to big but I still don't want to buy alot of new clothes yet, want to lose way more
Old 08-30-2006, 12:25 PM   #58  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I slept well last night. I'm sure it's because all is nearly back to normal in my house...my dirty house!

I've been sitting online all morning placing a Current wrapping paper order and two different personalized christmas ornament orders. We start early in my house! I'm also thinking about placing a tiny Innisbrook wrapping paper order. I don't have any kids in my life selling this paper for school. So, if you have one, send me the school code and I'll place the order online using one of your codes. There was one style of paper I wanted last year but they sold out. Assuming it's still available, I'll order it. First code I receive is the one I'll use!

I'm doing ok on program but I've used quite a few WPA's and I haven't been able to get on the treadmill yet. I think the ankle will be ok to try tomorrow. We have a ballgame tomorrow and I was going to have a kosher but I think I'll eat before I go. I don't think I should be spending 8 points especially since we are probably going out for dinner after the game with friends. We'll see. I need to clean my downstairs enough so that I can let our friend in tomorrow when he comes to ride with us to the ballgame. Guess I better get busy since the day is slipping away. I just finished eating breakfast.

I'm going to go catch up with all of you.

Last edited by Vickie; 08-30-2006 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:42 PM   #59  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, what's a country lunch? I'm going to go look at your menu to find out! You and my Sister would get along so well. She LOVES waterfeatures and chimes.

Stacey, I'm counting on you to sweep Detroit. We need your help in the worst way. It's not often I can be a Yankee fan...but I sure am for the next three games!

Rose, I hope you have a ball at the cottage. I am trying to get through menopause naturally. I'm winning the battle, but some days aren't easy!

Melissa, I hope you're feeling better even though it means you'd have to go back to work.

Niki, I hate when I get beat out at the last minute too! I'm like Frouf now. I sit on there and monitor it until the last minute if it's something that I REALLY want. I also started inputting my highest bid and then if it goes higher, I just let the item go. I don't want to get into bidding wars. I hope you get one!

Poor Frouf! Does your life never have any boring moments? I live for the non dramatic days! I hope your database gets fixed soon. Is there no one who could be detailed to your unit to help you out until this job gets filled?

Geez Rhonda! Usually it's me awake in the middle of the night. I hope you got back to sleep and are feeling more well rested. I went to bed hungry last night too. I'm really working on my portion sizes.

Kath, I have the same ear/throat thing going on. I'm ignoring mine too!

Ok my little chickie friends....I'm off to search for this year's perfect Scottie christmas cards!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:57 PM   #60  

Vickie, there's a really good deal at VistaPrint that ends tomorrow. A whole lot of free stuff (like notecards, notepads, return address labels, etc.) and you just pay the shipping. I got them for my niece, and SILs. Christmas shopping starts early with me too; I've got about 1/2 of it done (nephews, nieces, SILs/BILs). My kids get money and apartment stuff, except Shaun will get clothes. I imagine he'll come out of boot camp a different size though, so I'm waiting on that part. Neighbors will get either homemade bread and bean soup in a jar, or cookie mix in a jar. Haven't decided yet.

Have fun at the ballgame! We have some coming up but I don't know the dates; season is winding down and I'm sad.
Closed Thread