Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 04:31 PM   #136  

Sandra what beautiful Roses, thank you for sharing them.

They smell better than the last bunch
Old 08-24-2006, 04:34 PM   #137  
focused and aiming

thank you, niki. maybe it's the honeysuckle in them.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:39 PM   #138  

Thats it ! I just couldn't put my finger on the smell.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:22 PM   #139  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, THANK YOU!!!! I recognized the Peace rose as soon as I saw it. I would recognize them anywhere. I don't know of any other rose that has that beautiful pink and yellow coloring. It was my Mother's favorite rose and we had several bushes in our yard. They always smelled exquisite to me. Some roses are too heavy....but not the Peace! It made me smile and think of my Mom. I needed that today.

Jim and I had a lovely dinner and I'm now going to put my pj's on and lay on the couch and catch up on some TV. I never did my banking so I should probably do that tonight before I lay down since I'll probably fall asleep.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:31 PM   #140  
Southside White Sox Fan

So, Sandra, are you doing Core or Flex? I just reread your motivational post and you said you used 15 points so not many left for the day. Did you really mean day or week. Just curious.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:49 PM   #141  

oh those roses are beautiful Sandra,,,,,,Vickie im so glad Jim got a good check up. Hows your gf doing?? any more news?
I made some of those blueberry lemon muffins today,,,I decided to try it with zuchinni and cinnamon instead..they were very moist but kind of tasteless. Wont do that again. Good with yocheese on them though. Back to the couch again...just wanted to pop in and see how everyone was doing. Still not feeling *normal* whatever that is..ha
ttyl
Old 08-24-2006, 09:04 PM   #142  
Melissa

Hello gals!!! I'm missing you all so much!! They are really, really getting worked up about computer usage at work, so there's no way I can get online at work anymore. It's a silly, childish story, so I won't bore you. But some people can be so immature!
I hate being so behind, but Aaron is wanting to snuggle on the couch. We've been working tonight on music/Pampered Chef, respectively.

Vickie, I did see that things went well with Jim, and I'm so glad. For some reason I just knew everything would be okay, but it's always fabulous to hear "official" good news. I hope that your pain has eased up!

Sandra, I love hearing you so on fire podner. Your flowers are beautiful!!

Patti, hope you are feeling "normal" soon.

I'm so sorry to be so brief...I'll have to catch up with everyone later. Lots of love to you all though!
Old 08-24-2006, 09:42 PM   #143  
faylene

good evening chicks
well thankyou for the helpful info it really sounds like core would be a good way go but because the closest meeting is over an hours away im gonna depend on this board ALOT im glad to meet you all and hope we will become friends my dh is a truck driver and gone for weeks at a time so i im on the puter alot. well it is late over here on the east coast so catch ya all later
faylene
Old 08-24-2006, 09:47 PM   #144  

Height: 5'7"

Hey, it's MEEEE!

Yeah, so we had this big thing in the parking lot after work. Hot dogs (didn't have any), beer (had some), lots of heat (couldn't help but have THAT).

Then I went to Costco and got things for the breakroom at work tomorrow.

Then to Kroger for Dr Pepper for Erin, whole wheat pitas for me.

Then home, where Erin wanted a pizza, so I ordered it and it came -- and I paid for it.

About the time that Judd got home, and said HEY PIZZA! So he ordered another one, and we're waiting for it.

Meanwhile, Erin came down and said her financial aid was messed up and she's having to put $3,200 on her credit card until they get it straightened out and send her a check. YIKES! She also needed some books, so I found two of them on ebay and bought them for her.

Now I'm trying to decide what to do. Eat? Go to bed? Watch TV? Laundry?
Old 08-24-2006, 09:48 PM   #145  

Faylene, hey, do a google search on "Weight Watchers Core" and you'll probably get a whole lot of information. We'll fill in the gaps since you aren't able to go to meetings.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:58 PM   #146  
focused and aiming

vickie, i'm glad the roses brought good memories to you today. i have a "queen elizabeth" that was my grandmother's favorite and a "tropicana" because it was my mother's favorite. i can feel their presence when i'm working with those roses. as to core or flex, i am really doing flex right now. i am eating a lot of core foods most days. some days i eat all core foods but i still count points. i lose better when my intake is smaller so i'm trying to eat between 20-24 points each day. some days i go over (last 2 saturdays come to mind) i ended today having used 23 points. i may have miss figured the bfast. i don't know i was worried after having the big bfast that i'd go over 24 --especially because i have wi tomorrow. i still may have had too many carbs, so i might not have a good loss. guess we'll find out tomorrow.

anyway, what i'm doing right now is working for me. last week our leader asked each of us to change something in our program. i honestly couldn't think of anything to change. i have already made many many changes to get the results i'm now getting. i hope this answers your questions. feel free to ask if there's anything else you'd like to know.

patti, i'm glad you like the roses. wish i could bring you a live bouquet to help cheer you up and make you feel better. i hope you are back to normal soon.

melissa, i'm glad you and aaron got to snuggle on the couch tonight. i'll miss seeing you here as much but fully understand about puters and work. okay, where's that new job?

faylene, i know i look like a hypocrit here on the core board doing flex. everybody here knows how i am and that i will be "core" again before too long. i love the core plan just like i love the flex plan. i guess i'm doing what's called "flore" right now.

kathy, what did you decide tonight? i had a ff pizza earlier. it's not the same as the real thing, but it's pretty good and only 3 points before adding core goodies to it. (mine totaled 6 points tonight after adding lean burger, bell peppers/onions/tomato)

Last edited by ontarget; 08-24-2006 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:37 PM   #147  

I had no pizza ... and there are three of them in the kitchen right now. One even has jalapenos on it, and that's my favorite. I just can't eat tonight; I'm pretty unsettled about my whole program. I'll figure it out soon though.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:15 AM   #148  
Southside White Sox Fan

I just popped in to say goodnight.

Kath, why are you unsettled? Is it emotional or just in trying to decide what plan is right for you? I feel like I missed something.

Faylene, we love extra support and enthusiasm. I look forward to getting to know you too!

Where is our Frouf?

Thanks, Sandra, I figure you were doing Flex or Flore. My Leader suggested that I do Flex but I won't. Maybe Flore but not Flex. I'm working hard on my portion sizes but I've been really hungry these last couple of days.

Patti, I hope you are feeling great again soon.

I've had some intestinal issues tonight and I've also had an anxiety attack. That's why I haven't gone to bed yet. Jim just couldn't stay up with me any longer. I'm going to go play poppit for a while and see if that is theraputic.

I'll talk to you all in the morning.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:12 AM   #149  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, I've surfed for 2 hours and I'm finally tired. I still feel anxious but I'm going to go try to lay down. I'm thinking this is hormonal. Sigh.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:03 AM   #150  
Southside White Sox Fan

See what you all have to look forward to? I'm REALLY going to bed now.
Closed Thread