Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 03:58 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Oh and I have to take Shaun over to the storage unit to dig thru his boxes that are stored there. He will get out what he wants to save and the rest that was from his apartment goes off to charity -- bed, dresser, loveseat, computer desk, TV stand ... Kate is taking his washer and dryer. I'd like to get rid of that storage unit and save $75 a month.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:39 PM   #17  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, you'll have to DEMAND a day of rest in order to get it. You are mosting demanding of yourself, though it seems. Hey....we really needed you guys to beat Detroit...thanks ALOT!

Melissa, take a deep breath. That stinks about Aaron. We all prayed so hard for him to get that job. I thought working for a church would be good. Apparently not.

I've been working all day on updating my compute to Service Pack 2 since I had never done it. I just read that Microsoft will no longer support SP1 after October 2006. It took forever!

BTW, that horrible ache is back in my stomach. The only thing that has changed in that I switched from blueberries to bananas. I need to go research to see if bananas can cause and achey stomach.

I'm off to putter some more. I cut up Jim's watermelon. We have a ton. Jewel had a whole one for $2.98. I was paying that much for about 2 cups of cut up melon.

Hope you are all having a great day!
Old 08-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #18  

Hey there, girlie! Well, uh, I'm not the one who does the demanding around here! I guess I'm the more laid-back of us, the one who does all the stuff because it's easier than causing a scene. Nobody else likes or wants to do housework and errands, and since it has to be done, it falls to me. Judd always jokes that I'm the most low-maintenance woman he's ever seen -- I buy my clothes at the thrift store, ebay and Target, won't set foot in a mall except once a year when we go buy personalized Christmas ornaments for the nieces and nephews, and I do all the housework. What a deal!

I haven't gotten to the store again but am going soon. I ended up making some queso dip for Shaun because we were nearly out of salsa and he wanted a snack; also MIL called to say their next-door neighbor whom they've known the entire 28 years they've lived in their house passed away this morning. He was a pathology doctor in Fort Worth and was retired. She was taking food over to his wife tonight; so I'm glad I didn't already go to the store. Now I can get a sympathy card to send.

First batch of bread just got out of the oven and by golly, I think I didn't damage it too much. I'll probably slice it though, just so I can taste it. If it's okay, I'll take the slices to work. The second batch is on its second rising and so far, looks great. Third batch is on its first rising.

I made my black beans for lunch tomorrow; boiled eggs but I only want the whites so I gave the yolks to the dogs. Good grief, you'd have though I was passing out CRACK!! They were going crazy!

Okay, it's at a convenient time to go to the store so I'll hurry and get back. Fish has thawed and I'm waiting until Judd gets home to start cooking, especially since I'm not sure what time it'll be. He estimated 6:30; we'll see. If it's past 9, the fish goes back in the fridge and he gets no dinner.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:51 PM   #19  

Hi Ladies, boy am I recouperating today, I had a blast at the wedding, I had numerous Watermelon Martinis that towards the end of the night I was calling then watertinies, I had my table in stitches we were laughing so hard The Cocktail hour was 1 1/2 hours and out of this world, our table was in front of the seafood section, I can't even begin to tell you how many different sections there were. The food was fabulous and I am not ashamed to say, I did not give Core a second thought last night especially when I saw the Vienese spread they had I will get back on track tomorrow!!

Will catch up on the posts and check back in a bit, this old lady is not use to partying anymore!
Old 08-20-2006, 06:06 PM   #20  
focused and aiming

hi there. i'm back on track today after having 10 extra pts yesterday. thank goodness for wpa's.

kathy, i did live and teach in alvarado for many many years before retiring. i know what you mean about visiting folks more when we're far away. i'm in touch now with a lot of people from johnson county that i didn't visit with much when i was there. i guess miles cause us to rethink what's important to us.

stacey and kathy, i'm doing laundry today, too. i do it almost every day so this is no big deal. just a few loads.

stacey, this is a popcorn night for me, too. i haven't had any since wi fri. it's time.

hi, vickie. curtis and i try to take time to smell the roses more, too. we are very very laidback. we'll have our hummingbird watching time later today. last night was fun. we had the grands. i made them (me!) a late night snack. that's what caused me to go over. not them--me.

those are great baseball--and being with father--memories. you are a lucky lady. i dont' use aps. at least i haven't so far. i'm working hard at having more calories going out than in. so far so good.

melissa, i'm sorry aaron's being mistreated at church. you'd think church folk wouldn't do that. on second thought..... i hope everything gets smoothed over soon. you two have had way too much stress the past months. okay, podner. have a good--stress free afternoon.

nikki, i love it!!!! you're a hoot, girl.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:20 PM   #21  

Niki, the wedding sounds great! It's nice to cut loose every once in a while and just have fun!

I'm disappointed in the molasses bread. It's bitter -- wonder why? I'm throwing the whole mess out, even though the consistency is just PERFECT! I just wish it tasted better, but now I know to use honey with beer and nothing else. The second batch is baking now, third batch will wait.

Melissa, I hope Aaron's situation clears up soon. This is enough to test a person, isn't it?
Old 08-20-2006, 06:27 PM   #22  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Niki - those drinks sound amazing- and I'm sure you are equipped to report back on that! I remember having this drink in toronto called 'watermelon wigglers" - they were addictive and powerful - and oh so yummy. Hope you get to recuperate today and relax!

Kathy - I agree that you need to delegate more and take some time off for yourself. sounds like Shaun is almost ready to ship out - hope all goes well for him! And I shall now join Melissa in her room () as I mention the depressing gloomy gray and rainy weather we're having today - very yucky!

Vickie - glad you are having a more relaxing weekend! Nothing like lazing around when you can!

Sandra - sounds like you did okay only using 10 wpa! Good for you.

Melissa - Sorry to hear Aaron's is being unappreciated - I hope he can speak up for himself and ensure he is getting the respect he deserves!

Okay - now I need to go find the dvd version of trivial pursuit - that would be so much fun!!!

I am having a miserable day by the way - hoping it's just the weather? Went to bed around midnight - dragged myself to shower at 9 am cuz I was meeting my best gf for breakfast at 10 am at Denny's (we both had the 'slim fare' eggbeaters veggie omellete - no cheese!). It was fun catching up on the latest news - as her youngest son is engaged to be married next sept she is making the wedding cake - taking this very seriously and taking courses and PRACTICING. Her work colleagues are thrilled as each week she brings in the 'practice' cake for them to eat. She also does WW core and is getting worried about how she will look in the wedding pics - at least she has a year to work on it!

Now this morning when I got up my lower back was bothering me - so I am a bit hunched over today - in any case I went to Winners after breakfast (discount designer store - like TJ maxx I think?) - needed more undies for the cruise (and I refuse to pay $10 a pair) - I like those soft stretchy microfibre type (no seams!) - and I found 2 black and 1 white (around $4 each) - and a slinky (citiknits type) black tank which I can always use and black pantyhose.

This is when I started feeling so down? (was it cuz I knew all those skirts I was looking at would not fit me??)...or cuz I could not find a beach bag? Anyhow - I ended up going to Farmboy after that to get some groceries (also got a $2.99 watermelon!) and had to use the cart to lean on as my this time my back/legs were hurting.

Got home around 3 pm - ravenous - and ate everything in sight! What's up with that? Depressed eating? Now I can barely keep my eyes open - not sure if it is from real tiredness or just carb/food overload? No dinner for me!

Was thinking of going to movie tonight w/dh - but feeling tired - I think I am depressed about going to work tomorrow - I have stuff to do and I don't know what I'm doing! I feel overwhelmed. Need to ask for help I guess? Too much going on - and my manager off for 2 weeks - UGH!...then there's school prep for kids - school supplies, shoes for little ds, tuition for big ds, new furniture for dd...and I still don't have a BLACK BRA!!!

Frouf
Old 08-20-2006, 06:57 PM   #23  

Hi Girls, a bad day for me yesterday, it was our anniversary and we went to see our grandson at a try out for hockey before we were to go, and he got hurt, knocked out cold. He was taken to the hospital and he had no recollection as to what happened to him. The Dr. said to wake him up every two hours.
He seems some better today but a bad headache.

Today, I was running around to get a digital camera that our daughter wants for her birthday. I finally go the one she wanted after much searching.
I am leaving again either tomorrow or the next day for a few days so I may not be here for a while again. I will come back later and read this evening.

Kathy hope your son gets away safely and is happy. We never stop worrying about our children do we.

Waving to you all and will be seeing you on the boards when I get back.
Rose

Last edited by RoseB; 08-20-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:01 PM   #24  
focused and aiming

frouf, sometimes shopping depresses me, too. i remember crying after having to take back clothes i'd gotten for christmas only to find that nothing fit. well, nothing that looked like it was intended for someone in her 20's or 30's. i hope your spirits are lifting.

you're our cruise girl. you're a very lucky woman. i hope you're smiling now. that's my intentions here.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:03 PM   #25  
focused and aiming

rose, that's awful! i had a feeling yesterday that something was going on. i don't know why. i just had that feeling. i hope your son keeps improving. that's scarey.

you're right. we mothers will always worry about our children.

have fun at the cottage. e when you can.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:08 PM   #26  

Hey everyone,

Froufy, I'm sorry you've had such a bad day today. I totally understand. I've absolutely had more bad ones than good in the last 6 months, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel or in your case the gangplank. Just keep focusing on the trip and how wonderful it will be.

Niki, it sounds like the wedding was awesome. I love trying different drinks. At the Cheescake Factory (not that I eat there...LOL) they make a tropical martini that looks like a sunset....Yum.

Vicki, I made the barley. Its one cup barley to two cups water or broth. I finely chopped vidalia onion and baby bella mushrooms and threw it all into a pot. Put a lid on and simmer. You may need to add some more liquid but it's pretty fool proof. I'm having it with cornmeal chicken breasts. I'm making extra for lunch tomorrow.

Never really got any laundry done today. There's always tomorrow. I'll stop by later. See ya!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:56 PM   #27  

Hey, youse guys! Poor Frouf! I'm so sorry you're hurting and feeling down! I know you dread going to work; me too! I need to figure out what I'm wearing, making for lunch, etc. I hope you feel much better by tomorrow and get more sleep tonight.

I just found out I have to watch what I say here -- Kate has been reading! Hi, Kateepate! How's my baby today?!?!

We're going to figure out dinner; Judd will be here in a few minutes. I think we might either go somewhere or go get something to bring home.

Be back later...
Old 08-20-2006, 08:21 PM   #28  
faylene

Default new to core

hi everyone
im thinking about trying to core plan but how different is it from south beach. ive done sb before and lost wt but i found the reciepes difficult and expencive
any thoughts would be really be welcome
faylene
Old 08-21-2006, 08:17 AM   #29  

Good morning!

Raylene, welcome! You already know the particulars of South Beach, so I'll tell you the differences and then if you have more questions, feel free to ask! I'll just compare Core against SB Phase 1.
Both allow lean meats, eggs, olive oil, and unlimited vegetables
SB allows low-fat dairy; Core specifies that dairy must be fat-free
SB prohibits white potatoes; Core allows them
SB prohibits fruit; Core allows them
SB allows nuts; Core does not
SB prohibits brown rice and whole wheat pasta until Phase 2; Core allows them
Sausage, deli meats, bacon and other highly processed meats aren't allowed on Core
SB prefers chicken breast to dark meat (legs, thighs, wings) while Core doesn't specify
Both allow for "cheats" -- I'm not sure about how much SB permits but on Core, it's 35 extra WW points per week for foods that aren't on the usual Core food lists.

I think that about sums it up but I've left anything out or given you wrong info, I'm sure someone will be along soon with corrections or clarifications.

I'm staying home until after Shaun leaves; he really doesn't want me to because he said it was going to make it harder for him. He thinks I'll be crying which will upset him, so I'll try not to. If I don't think I can handle it, I'll wait until around noon or so when I know the Chief is on his way, tell him goodbye and then go. At least he won't have to be alone all morning.

What's everyone doing today? I am seriously not doing much (and I mean it this time) ... tonight will just be cooking dinner and cleaning up the mess.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:37 AM   #30  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm just here with my morning cup of coffee. I have a million things to do today and this week so it's a good thing I had a relaxing weekend.

So far, I'm still returning to my WW meeting today. There is no joy or excitement for me. It isn't dread but it's more like grim determination. That's ok for me. I've always been a "put your head down and trudge along until I get it done" kind of a girl. I'm actually kind of looking forward to getting back into a routine. I'll be leaving at 9:30 and then I'll be running errands. I'll be back later!

Have a great on program day!
Closed Thread