Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #406  
Southside White Sox Fan

Coco, I think lemon juice would probably be just fine. I use the stuff in the bottle whenever a recipe calls for lemon juice.

Patti, I'm glad your project worked out. You sound tickled!
Old 01-11-2006, 08:27 PM   #407  

VICKIE Your tree is BEAUTIFUL!! It is a shame to have to take it down. Hope you are feeling better. Keeping you in my prayers.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:32 PM   #408  

Height: 5'7"

SO pretty, Vickie! That's a good looking tree!

I think last year was February but 4 years ago it was April. That's the spring that Judd spent at Whiteman AFB for what seemed like weeks at a time!

Ahhhhh! The smell of garlic is permeating the house and I'm in heaven! Coworkers can pucker up and kiss my ... well, anyway, it's fortunate that they always love the smell of whatever I'm heating up. This will be no exception, I'm sure. I tasted it too and it is even better than it smells, so I'll be one happy girlie tomorrow at lunch.

The church sounds very cute, Patti! I know they're going to be mighty impressed with your craftiness!
Old 01-11-2006, 08:38 PM   #409  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Vickie, the tree is lovely, now I can see all the work of putting it away.

Coco, let us know what the book has to say. I'll look for it.

Patti, your project does sound like fun. Glad you had a good time.

Kathy, do you keep Clorets at work?

Bernie is out at a meeting, and it's real quiet around here, time to see what on the box.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:42 PM   #410  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, Jim and I LOVE garlic! I always used to hear people complaining about stuff that was being cooked in the office. It never bothered me, except for the fact that I always wanted some!

Thanks, Saundra! I did enjoy it while it was up. I just realized that if you click on the thumbnail it gets a little bigger anyway!

Thanks for your prayer, Coco! I'll take every one offerred.

I'm now feeling like a uti is returning. Of course, at this point, I'm probably just nuts. I'll call the Doc tomorrow and see if he'll let me come into the office for a dip and a culture. Good thing my insurance company can't cancel me! I've been feeling like I have another uti for a couple of days. If I do have one, I might have to postpone the colonoscopy. No this is NOT a ploy! Actually, I'd just like to move on to the lithotripsy because I'm thinking all of this is being caused by the darned kidney stone.

I'm showered and smelling pretty so I'm going to go watch TV with Jim. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:44 PM   #411  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, where are you?
Old 01-11-2006, 10:56 PM   #412  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Vickie - that tree looks MAGNIFICENT - and I bet it wasn't easy to put away! Hope you have a relaxing pain-free evening!...and I really really hope you DO NOT HAVE a uti! Calling the dr tomorrow is a good idea!

Saundra - I hear rain pitter pattering on my window - which only means one thing - MORE ICE TOMORROW - not fun to drive on. I bet the fresh fruit smoothies at the Iberostar are amazing - and sure sounds like your sf syrups are getting a workout - so what's your favorite flavor?

Kathy - hope the yappy dog has quieted down? Maybe throw him some garlic cloves and he will disappear? (I also LOVE garlic)

Patti - sounds like your projects are coming along nicely? maybe you can post a pic when you're done?

Sandra - sounds like a major shopping spree completed - hope you are prepared for your busy weekend.

I baked cookies today for dd to bring to school on Friday (I"m out tomorrow evening) - and I must confess I had one!...and did lick the spoon - but this is way better than my usual cookie gluttony.

Dinner was again a write off - did not go to the mall as planned too tired. Drove dd to art class - dh was in bed w/sore back! then came home to bake cookies (I think I should have had dinner first?). Dh had put pepperoni pizza in oven for him and ds and I did avoid it (okay I had some leftover crust - so shoot me!). Found a lf/low carb frozen dinner (ginger sesame chicken w/veggies) which I had over some LO brown rice - not bad...also had some lebanese moussaka as appetizer (Saundra - this is from Farmboy - small plastic container - chickpeas, onions, eggplant in a tomato sauce - very tasty!). Problem is no leftovers for lunch tomorrow - but I do have a lot of core canned soups so will bring that along.

I am now sipping lemon flavored sparkling water and avoiding the kitchen altho I am a bit peckish.

Okay now here's our little secret - you must not tell a soul - esp dh. Well Monday night when heading home and geting into the driveway - the (empty) garbage cans were kinda blocking my entry a bit so as I swerved in I heard a bit of NASTY scraping - but did not think much of it at the time!

Well further inspection has revealed that:
a) dh's red honda bumper (he parks on the right side of the driveway) seems to have a bit of red paint missing!

and

b) my van has a nice red scratch mark along the right side (passenger door bottom?)....

yessiree bob - this is NOT a good thing! I guess I underestimated my turning angle?

Thing is dh has not noticed this - nor have I fessed up. I think he will be VERY ANGRY - my attitude is - well nothing we can do about it now?

I already have a little ding on the other passenger door (where some nasty person opened their door and hit mine!) and have not taken care of it yet - now I can just add this to the list of "eventual repairs"?

Wonder if a car wash might help remove the "red stripe"? Of course parking in an underground parking garage at work can lead to all sorts of dings and scrapes and scratches right?

Bad Froufie!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:05 PM   #413  

Dear Bad Froufie,

I am of the opinion that if DH was home, and hadn't brought the garbage cans inside, then oh well! Shoulda coulda woulda! You said it when you said there's nothing you can do about it now.

I'm very clean and in bed now with the laptop. I'm going to see what sort of trouble I can get into on ebay. I need a new Texas Rangers flag for opening day -- we do an all-day tailgating thing and need a new banner. Over the years, it has grown to quite a gathering and I think last year we had around 25 people. Hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, beer ... and that's just for breakfast!

My lunch is packed up for tomorrow. I'm going to try and keep it as close to Core as possible but we'll see. Maybe I'll go start a menu thread, even though I said I wasn't posting menus for a while. Fickle, aren't I?
Old 01-11-2006, 11:52 PM   #414  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, I'm with Kathy. He should have put the cans away while you were out taking care of the family!

Kathy, I love a good baseball tailgate. Problem is that you can't do that here in April. There were opening days when we still had season tickets where I had to dress as if I was going to a football game. Oh....I can't hardly believe that Pitchers and Catchers report in about 4 weeks? Is that right?

I'm REALLY tired. No nap today and I've been up since 5:00. I guess I'll be able to sleep tonight. I'd be in bed already except QVC is having honeybells as a today's special value and we are thinking about ordering them. We CANNOT get good fruit here during the winter. I don't understand how they can be a cross between a grapefruit and a tangerine and still be sweet. I take blood pressure medicine and I know grapefruit is out for me. I wonder if I can eat honeybells? The new special value starts in 8 minutes.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:57 PM   #415  
focused and aiming

vickie, i got home and was eating before 6 pm our time. however, i was exhausted when we shot league tonight so i'm going to change my wi day and time. i did shoot 298 but i had to really fight for it. beautiful tree!!

i lost 2.4 lbs this week. that was on flex. i'll be on core for at least the next week.

saundra, thanks for the syrup tips. i don't have many bottles now (prob 8-10). i used to have many many flavors. i'm not a coffee drinker but i'd like to do some of your other suggestions. thanks again.

kathy, i hope you got some rest. you sound tired tonight.

patti, that sounds cute. wish we could see photos.

frouf, i agree, too.

i'm off here to head to bed. i'm exhausted. i don't think i could have finished tonight if curtis hadn't helped me put up my gear. we're taking it easy tomorrow so we'll be recovered for the weekend. it's heck getting old!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:59 PM   #416  
Southside White Sox Fan

Do the syrups have to be refrigerated? Does anyone know how long they last once they are opened?

Sandra, you sound VERY tired. Rest up friend.

http://www.baseballflagsandpennants....ag_26_ctg.html

Last edited by Vickie; 01-12-2006 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:31 AM   #417  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ok, I ordered my honeybells and I think I can eat them with my Norvasc. I can't wait. I also looked on the Cushman honeybell site and saw Florida tomatoes. Man, there is nothing like Florida tomatoes. I drooled! Jim and I ate at Burger King in Florida one year while there for White Sox Spring Training. We thought it was the BEST Burger King burger we had ever had. We realized that it was the quality of the tomatoes that made it SO good. Right now the tomatoes in Chicago are very pale and kind of mealy. I was also jealous of Frouf's cherries. I love cherries and can't get them anywhere now. Who would ever have thought I'd be craving fruits and veggies. Call the news!

Night girls. I've been up alot of hours now. I hope I can sleep in late tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:08 AM   #418  

Good morning, all! I woke up with one of those pesky little tickles in my throat where it feels like pinpricks -- hard to keep from coughing, so I got up and came on in to work. I got here at 5:50. Ugh! I can tell it's going to be a looooooong day.

Vickie, the fruit sounds great! I am also supposed to stay away from grapefruit because of my BP medicine and that greatly pains me because I love ruby red grapefruit. I'll be looking forward to hearing how you like them.

Last April opening day was cold and rainy (rainy? what's THAT?) but 2004 was HOT. It even got a sunburn and a little sick sitting in the sun, and had to leave early. It could have also been because I had had bloodwork that morning and had been fasting since midnight before. Anyhoo, hopefully this year will be better but I've already planned on taking a big jacket. Although last year, we got to the park at 8:00 a.m. for a 1:05 game and by gametime, the weather was perfect. You just never know.

I guess I should see about getting some work done.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:14 AM   #419  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Unhappy Migraine Headache Day!

Yes it's that time of month again - when all hormonal froufs wake up with major pain and pounding in their head- NOT FUN!

So despite deadlines and pressures at work I have decided to stay home. I could be a martyr and go in to the office - but frankly I know I would not get much done so I have "delegated" (via email) some stuff to my staff member and hope she can get it done!

Took two advil which took the edge off but I still feel like I have a vise on my head - ouch!...and I am starving - and cold too!

Roads don't look too bad but driveway was icy and the plow was kind enuf to leave HUGE BOULDER OF ICE at the bottom of our driveway - right in the middle - luckily dh and little ds chopped it up for me when they left in case I needed to get out of the garage.

I don't feel like showering or even getting dressed and to heck with the floor exercises too! Supposed to go to my women's group meeting tonight but will skip it if I'm not feeling better (and not in the mood for getting all dolled up!).

I may need to get out to get 'real' caffeine which is good for headaches - being 'decaffeinated' I don't really have anything in the house - maybe a trip to Starbucks later is in order?

Guess the estrogen patch dr gave me is NOT THE SOLUTION!

Sandra - hope you can rest up and be prepared for your very busy weekend.

Kathy - hope your throat feels better - I can't believe how early you are up and functioning. I am impressed

Vickie - hope you get the fruit you are craving. As for the syrups - no they do not need to be refrigerated and I believe they would last a very long time - nothing much in them that would spoil? I keep some of the vanilla syrup at work - and will add it to my plain oatmeal or coffee when I'm in a 'sweet' mood! I have also used them in ff yogurt - the raspberry is really good!

I might go fool around on QVC and do one of my 'pretend' orders - that's always fun (I shop and order all the stuff I want - then of course delete it - ha ha ha). Actually I am currently peeved with many of the U.S. shopping sites. I found a gorgeous hot pink bob mackie blouse - and when I go to buy it - well guess what? They only ship to the States - same for some of the e-bay sellers! I am thinking if I get really desperate I shall have the stuff shipped to my brother in Florida and hopefully he can send it up here to me!

I think it's a big at home scrambled egg breakfast for me!

Frouf
Old 01-12-2006, 09:16 AM   #420  

Good Morning
I hope everyone had a great night. And got plenty of rest. The sun is trying to shine here. But I guess later tonight we are to get some rain. Then this weekend they are calling for some snow flurries. Not wonder people are getting sick. One day its like spring. Then the next its winter. You dont know how to dress.
I probably wont get to read on the WW before the weekend. But will try. I just glanced at it. They even have stories on people who have lost weight. So am looking forward to being able to read this weekend.
Well so far today I think I am back on track. I had 2 slices diet bread, 2 boiled eggs, and 2 slices very thin canadian bacon and 2 clemetines. Now just to stay on track the rest of the day. I dont want another day like yesterday. And NO POP today.
Well I better get off here. Got several things I need to get done. So I hope everyone has a great day. Know that I am thinking of each of you.
coco
Closed Thread