3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Losing More on Core Board 34! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/69304-losing-more-core-board-34-a.html)

septembersgoal 11-29-2005 10:49 AM

Losing More on Core Board 34!

A nice clean spot for chatting and more! :gossip:

septembersgoal 11-29-2005 12:06 PM

This is pretty funny...I've been surfing barbosdietkitchen.com for new recipes. Saw one that said, "Black Beans and Rice" for one. I thought, boy that looks like Kathy's recipe from SF. Sure enough, at the bottom it said source: 3FC Core Board. We're famous! :rofl:

Anyway, I'm posting new recipes from there over here, so check them out! (especially one for peppermint patties that I plan on trying this week!)

Froufy 11-29-2005 12:25 PM

Well I generally hate moving - but this was pretty painless :)

Kim - congrats on staying clean and eating core for 5 days - very inspiring!

Melissa - didn't know you could actually lose at boggle - well at least the kind we were talking about - ha ha ha

Thanks for the dance video description - I might have a look and see if I can find this one - 10 minutes sounds about right to me? :D ...and I bet that hip hip is scary - everyone knows you have to be under 16 for your body to move that way right?

Sandra - have a great trip - we will miss you!

Kathy - how are you doing today? Are you going to the dr? or did some of the home remedies work? (guess you can't really boggle by yourself?)

Angela - good luck with the play - I bet they will all be so adorable!

Today is dh's bday - and he wants lots of presents - a real baby! Gave his first present this morning (he loves chocolate covered cherries - has a whole box and I bet it will be all gone by the time I get home).

Hoping to go out for dinner tonight and yes I shall pick up his favorite chocolate cake on the way home - probably going to Red Lobster - not sure how many kiddies are joining us (I think dd is w/her dad tonight and big ds might be working?)

Busy at work - not enuf time - big wine and cheese party happening this afternoon - and I need to get my nails done in the next day or so!

Wish me luck!

Frouf

septembersgoal 11-29-2005 12:26 PM

Share anything that you would like!! But the link didn't work for me. Is it just me, or is something wrong with it?

I know it's hard to get over the emotional side of gaining weight. Especially when I first started trying to lose, I would overeat, then get mad at myself, then eat more because I was upset. That darn emotional eating. But it gets better, I promise! And so much of it is mental. Now that I have crossed over into "only" having thirty-something pounds to lose my mindset has changed so much. It's all mental!! Silliness, but it does make a difference.

septembersgoal 11-29-2005 12:28 PM

Frouf, you are so hilarious. Good luck with that party this afternoon. You guys are always having big events at work, aren't you? Happy Birthday to DH--don't spoil him too much!! ;) Oh, and I got that video at a local Meijer (I'm sure you don't have that there) for $10. It is a workout, that's for sure. After my lunch digests I'm thinking about trying it again.

kimberlydrn 11-29-2005 12:42 PM

Vicki-That's great advice about the scale. I'll try not to get too hung up on it. I've done that before......started eating when I didn't see the number I wanted to see. I'm trying to break all of those unhealthy cycles though. From now on, food is fuel and nothing else (not to make me feel better).

Melissa-That video sounds like something I would love. I might have to get one myself.

3rd Time-That link didn't work for me either, unfortunately.

Frouf-Have fun at Red Lobster! Good luck staying away from the chocolate cake. That would be hard.

septembersgoal 11-29-2005 01:10 PM

Oh yeah, it works now, that is very cool! Thanks for sharing.

tanya123 11-29-2005 01:13 PM

We're missing Kathy. I hope you're feeling better today, girl, wherever you are! :)

septembersgoal 11-29-2005 01:24 PM

I'm hoping that she's at the doctor!

Katpo 11-29-2005 01:29 PM

I'm here! I just got here -- slept until 11 and then decided to come on to work.

Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do!

My back still hurts but darn it, I'm going to tough it out.

Katpo 11-29-2005 01:30 PM

Oh dear, that is hilarious about the SlimFast recipe! But it IS all Core! I love seeing our name up in lights!

Vickie 11-29-2005 01:33 PM

Hi Guys! I just stopped home. I'm on the way to see my eye doctor. I've had an alarming change in my eyesight this morning while we were out doing errands. I'm scared to death and they've agreed to see me at 1:30. My peripheral vision got all blurry and pulsating in the lower third of my right eye. Very scary for a girl with pre-glaucoma. I'm blaming the Enablex. Even though Eye Doc said it was ok to take it, I still think it's the culprit. We'll see what the other Doc says. My Doc isn't available today. They're really great. No Doc's were in today. One is coming in special to see me. Talk to you all later.

septembersgoal 11-29-2005 01:40 PM

Goodness Vickie! I hope everything is okay and that you can get some help. I'll be praying for you and the doc.

Kathy, glad to see that you're okay, but I still wish that you would go to the doctor!

3rdTime'sACharm 11-29-2005 01:48 PM

Vickie I answered the name thing on my THANK YOU post...but really either is fine...Jocie short for Jocelyne and Joce short for Jocie....
Again I hope your eye(s) are ok......

Kathy I read about your back problem...goodness I hope you're ok too.

Having a good day so far....not bad, not bad at all...even copied some of Vickies and Sandras Smoothie recipes.

aghiowa 11-29-2005 01:54 PM

My goodness, we're all falling apart here! I hope your eyes are OK Vickie, and Kathy, your back had better shape up, or I'm going to have words with it. :D

Preschool went fine - the kids had a blast dressing up and acting out the nativity. I'm glad it's over for today. Just Thursday left, and then it's not my turn for a long time. :lol:

I'm going to veg in front of the computer this afternoon...

Angela

kimberlydrn 11-29-2005 02:26 PM

Vicki-keep us posted about the eye!

Loved the calculator link!!! That's awesome that I'm burning more than 500 calories during step and spin class.

p.a. 11-29-2005 02:45 PM

Hey everyone,
a new board,,,, thank you from a dial up member here. It rained all day yesterday and today and now its snowing..not a good mixture. Im really really struggling eating wise this week...Im trying to get it back into control,,,I dont want one bad week to mess up my christmas goal. Not sure if volleyball is on tonight or not with the weather. I may stay home and clean then start to decorate. The finale of biggest loser is on too...I dont know who I want to win..I think they have all won IMHO.
To all of you not feeling well,,,get better!!
ttyl

3rdTime'sACharm 11-29-2005 02:53 PM

Thanks for the 'welcome' Kim. Glad you liked the calculator, pretty cool!!
Nice to know you've burned sooo many calories isnt' it!!

Joce

Suzanne 3FC 11-29-2005 03:42 PM

I've done a little editing to remove links. Please remember our policy on linking :)

We have a series of "calories burned" calculators on our site that we hope will helpful.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diets/diet-calculators.php

Vickie 11-29-2005 08:26 PM

I'm still dialated so I'm not staying. Apparently, I've had my first ever migraine induced by perimenopause. Jim joked that if I had a third arm growing out of my back, they'd say it was a normal part of perimenopause/menopause. I feel horrible and still have a horrendous headache. Don't know when I'll be back. Probably tomorrow after my two pelvic ultrasounds. Sigh.

p.a. 11-29-2005 10:15 PM

Holy cow Vickie,,,and we thought you were doing better...migranes are not funny, you should be lying down in a dark room. Dont you dare come back here until you feel better.. Hope the ultrasounds help you out tomorrow! Thinking of you..with a big hug!
Hi Joce!! welcome to the board..these ladies are fantastic!

Katpo 11-29-2005 10:19 PM

We are one quiet bunch! Vickie, I hope you're feeling better by now and have started seeing more clearly. Tomorrow sounds like no picnic either ... you poor thing!

Judd just got home from Missouri and is dog tired. My back is still hurting but the dr. office called today for me to come in and talk about my cholesterol, so I'm going on Friday. If the back still hurts then, I'll mention it. Total cholesterol was 248, which is actually lower than last time, but my bad was 144 and it should be less than 99. Last time, the good was very high and the bad was low. I'm not sure what turned it around like this but now I have to take medicine again. :(

I hope Sandra's having a good time.

septembersgoal 11-29-2005 10:56 PM

Vickie, I'm so sorry! Please take good care of yourself and we'll see you soon.

Kathy, you had better mention it to your doctor! I'm sorry that you will have to take cholesterol meds again.

Well I think that I'm off to bed. I'm so exhausted to be on vacation! :lol:

Froufy 11-29-2005 11:15 PM

Vickie - hope your migraine is gone soon - and your eyesight is back to normal - poor you - what a fright that must have been.

Melissa - hope you are resting so you can enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Kathy - I am also nervous about my upcoming dr appt as I know I will have blood work done and I'm already stressing about the possible results!

...and no I did not avoid the chocolate cake - a small piece did sail into my mouth when I wasn't looking :)

Had a lovely big dinner at Red Lobster and I am ashamed to say my tummy is definitely bloated - good news is I am getting tired of pigging out and being fat so I am hoping some good willpower and motivation will kick in sometime soon.

Mil came w/us for dinner - and came back to have cake w/the family - you can bet the kids went a bit gaga when they saw dh's fancy shmancy video i-pod thing - poor ds could hardly contain himself and kept wantint to show dh how to use it and load it up, etc. He had actually forgotten that I had an i-pod put away for him - and reminded him about getting the good marks to get it! Well turns out he is not doing as well as anticipated and told me he is very depressed about some of his marks - I do feel badly for him - but that's how first year university is - kinda opens up your eyes to how hard it is in the real world.

I sure hope he does not fail anything tho - and I plan to give him his i-pod as a chanukah gift! (Of course dd was also sitting there pouting and moaning for an i-pod as well - ya like that's going to happen!).

Frouf

Katpo 11-29-2005 11:58 PM

Holy scaleriding, Batman! Stay tuned for morning news -- tonight I weighed just for a kick in the pants and it was 150.2. There's a SLIGHT chance I might see 149 in the morning.

I will be doing a happy dance if my back doesn't hurt too much. :carrot:

Katpo 11-30-2005 12:00 AM

Frouf, Red Lobster sounds so good to me right now! I'm glad your DH had a good birthday and it doesn't sound like you overdid it on the cake! As for DD and the ipod, I'm with you! Yeah, keep dreaming there, girlie! :lol: One of these days she'll realize how much crap she's putting you through and she'll feel really bad.

aghiowa 11-30-2005 09:18 AM

Good morning all! I've got a massive cold and my head feels like it may explode at any moment, but life is good. I enjoyed watching The Biggest Loser finale last night. It was especially neat because Matt is from my area of Iowa...Iowa wrestling is VERY big around here. He's become a local celebrity, that's for sure. And Seth is Mormon, which I am as well, and he's just a cutie, so I just didn't know who to root for. :D I was a little disappointed - I think Suzie was pretty drunk, but what do I know? :lol: I am just amazed at everyone's transformations though. Wow!

In a way, it made me feel better about myself. I had been feeling like even though I'm at my goal, I still look bad. But I thought those women looked fantastic, and I'm at or below their weight, so I can't look bad, right? Anyway, not sure that came out right, but maybe you get what I mean.

Everyone, I hope we all start feeling better with our various ailments. I've got another busy day ahead of me, planning and preparing for Thursday's preschool.

Later!
Angela

Katpo 11-30-2005 10:03 AM

Poor Angela! I hate a cold worse than anything (even a back ache!) so I hope you feel better soon. Flu shots are here today and I'm trying to decide whether to get it or not.

What did I see this morning??? 149.8! I know it's not much less than 150 but just to see that "4" in there gave me a big thrill!

I'll be back in a little while. Hope everyone has a great day!

septembersgoal 11-30-2005 10:57 AM

:woo: Kathy! That is very exciting!!

Angela, hope you feel better very soon!

I'm trying to motivate myself to go visit my grandparents today. If I don't I know I'll feel bad. If they didn't live 30 minutes away it wouldn't be such a big deal. I've been laying in bed all morning!! LAZY! I don't care, it was fun. Now I'm feeling like I need to be extra productive to make up for it. :lol: I need to pack, clean up the house, and go visit gparents.
So off I go. :D

Katpo 11-30-2005 11:06 AM

Melissa, get off your lazy butt and go see them! :lol: I drive farther than that to go to work every morning! Now SHOOOO! Get outta here!

(I think this vacation is ruining you.)

dannyb 11-30-2005 11:48 AM

Hi, all. Token guy checking in.

Vickie - hope all is well after you saw the eye doc yesterday.

I gained a teeny bit last week (.2). In reality, I was doing very well during first half of week and very poorly for the second half. I think that I'm back on track now, though. I WILL drop at least 3 pounds this week! That's a guarantee!

I did decide to switch to the WW Points system and track everything down until the end of the year (or at least for now). I think that w/ the various temptations, etc., I can keep things a little better in control that way for now.

be well, all

Froufy 11-30-2005 12:15 PM

Lazy mary will you get up will you get up (I mean lazy melissa ha ha ).

KATHY - CONGRATS - :carrot: :angel: :cp: :gift: :dancer: :woo:how inspiring - there's no looking back now - glad you made it into the forties!

Vickie - can you see us? can you hear us? Come in Vickie! Let us know how you're doing.:hug:

Angela - I for one do NOT want to see your head explode :bomb: - please take care of your cold and hope you are feeling better (and less explosive) real soon.

Dh was VERY HAPPY w/his bday celebration :hb: and presents - kept thanking me last night - and just called me at work to thank me yet again! I am so glad he is happy (he is usually very depressed around his birthday) but I think his upcoming contractual work has a lot to do with it - as he has a bit of a "future" to look forward to so this helps keep him up instead of down!

I am still not eating great and very disappointed in myself :( - not sure what it's all about? I actually think the dd situation is really upsetting me - on a daily yet somewhat subconscious level - I see other moms enjoying their daughters and going shopping and sharing time together - yet the only thing that comes out of my mouth is always "clean your room, pick up your clothes off bathroom floor, do your laundry, why aren't you wearing your elastics? Why didn't you flush the toilet? Why didn't you go with your father last night?, please hang up your coat".....:nono: many of these are followed by some sort of punishment as she rarely complies. This can wear a person down!!!! and it sure seems to be wearing me down:stress: - I don't think I realize how much!

Now I need to rework my presentation for tomorrow into a bilingual format (good luck to me) yet I have meetings most of the afternoon? Guess I shall work thru my lunch and stay late as required (they are awaiting copies of my slides in Montreal so they can make the copies for the dinner meeting).

The pressure is on!:yikes:

Frouf

septembersgoal 11-30-2005 12:24 PM

:rofl: You guys are so funny. I AM incredibly lazy today. But this guy that used to be in our youth group (now in college) came by for a few minutes so I got stuck here. I'm going to go visiting this afternoon.

Frouf, I'm so sorry that you are feeling so much stress. Maybe you should try some sort of experiment with the way you communicate with DD. I don't know what necessarily, but maybe if you changed the way you talk with her completely it would throw her off guard. ;) I have no idea. Sorry about the work project, and good luck with that! Glad DH had a good birthday.

Danny, that's good news about such a small gain, I think. I hope that flex works out for you!

Off to the shower!

kimberlydrn 11-30-2005 01:04 PM

Day 6 of clean eating.....I'm telling ya, I'm shocking myself. It's not even a struggle this time for some reason. I'm making my Christmas goal, and then some. I made it to step class and body sculpting today. :strong: I can tell I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

Vicki-Hope your feeling better.

Kathy- WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! :woo: Congrats on the 140's!!! You're my hero and inspiration! That's weird that your cholesterol is worse since you're probably eating healthier than before. I would hope that I'm helping mine with the changes I've made since starting core.

Frouf-That's great that you were able to eat a small piece of cake. I totally lose control when I eat stuff like that. I can't eat just 1 piece....I eat 5 pieces.:dunno:

Angela-Hope you feel better too. Suzie did act weird last night. I hope she wasn't drunk. The alcohol would've added that extra pound and caused her to lose $250,000.

Melissa-Have a good visit.

Danny-Glad you're back on track!

Vickie 11-30-2005 01:50 PM

Whew!

Well, I had my two ultrasounds this morning and I survived (as I'm sure you all knew I would)! The Doctor should have the results of my ultrasounds on Friday. Jim took me out to breakfast and I ate Core although I very much wanted pancakes. Then we went to run the errands I was supposed to run yesterday before the migraine hit. The eye disturbance is gone but I still have the headache, although it is not as bad as yesterday. I was really impressed with my Eye Doctor. I was frantic when I called them at 11:45. None of the Doctors were in the office but he came in from being on call to see me at 2:30. I got there at 1:30 and all the residents did the checks/tests before he got there. They checked my pressure and did the full field scan and all the other "stuff". I was scared that I had progressed into full blown glaucoma and was losing my peripheral vision. I felt so reassured after he checked me all out. I'll be writing a thank you note to him later today.

Patti, thanks for your concern. You are SO sweet.

Kathy, I hope your back is better. I hate that you are waiting until Friday but you probably couldn't get in much earlier at this point anyway. I am SO proud of you for getting into the 140's! :carrot: Who cares what it is as long as the first two numbers are a 1 and a 4! :bravo: I love it when I get into a new decade. That's what I call them. It hasn't happened for me in a while. I get close and then backslide.

Angela, boy we are all sick, aren't we? I'm so sorry about your cold and I CERTAINLY can sympathize with head exploding feelings! I hope you feel better real soon. Rest would help but I know you don't get much of that!

Danny, I belive you'll be down 3 pounds next week. You go for it! What made you switch to Flex? Just curious.

Kim, woo hoo! Keep it up. I'm almost as excited about your weigh in as you are.

Melissa, I'm glad you're being a lazy bum. That's what vacations are for....to do things you don't normally get to do. I hope you are having fun with grou grandparents. I'm sure you're visit will make their day!

Frouf, I wish I could help :hug: some how. All of this just must take time. I now that stinks because you'd like to be moved through this phase with
Emily already. I still believe time will make things better. In the meantime, though, I think you have to keep continuing to give her boundaries. If you give in, you'll be lost! Remember on the eating, be as good as you can and do it one meal at a time. If you aren't great, just try again at the next meal. Drink your water and see if you can work in a little bit of exercise. That's what I'm doing. Trying to hang in there until I regain my motivation and ability to exercise. DH's behavior sounds VERY unlike him. I'm glad that he was so touched by your gift and is showing you the appreciation you deserve. Maybe this will help to motivate him to keep going after these contracts.

Well, I'm off to do some research on complex migraines which is what he called mine. I now nothing about them. Can anyone recommend a reliable place to do medical research that doesn't scare the pants off of a person?

kimberlydrn 11-30-2005 04:54 PM

Vickie-sometimes I do research on Medscape.com

Vickie 11-30-2005 05:31 PM

Thanks, Kim. I was feeling better about what my Eye Specialist said about it being a complex migraine. But then I went to some crazy site and it said complex migraines can have the same symptoms as stroke. Too scary for me!

Katpo 11-30-2005 09:56 PM

Okay, guys! Step it up! We can't become a stale group!! Where is everyone?

kimberlydrn 11-30-2005 09:59 PM

Kathy-I can't believe you haven't changed that 151. The first thing I do is change my tracker when my weight goes down. I would so love to be in the140's. I'm jealous!

Katpo 11-30-2005 10:04 PM

Monday morning's weight is the only one that counts. Right now I'm sitting on 150 so I know it'll still be down tomorrow.