Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 12:22 PM   #16  

This sounds almost too good to be true! Can't wait to try it. Who would ever believe we could lose weight eating chips and guacamole and not even have to count it?! I may win my DH over with this. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:30 PM   #17  

I really like this site and all the good recipes. I just started WW almost 3 weeks ago. the first week I was doing points and lost 2 lbs. the next week I did Core and lost 3 lbs. I am doing core again this week and am doing good. I will start to do Nordic Trac (ski machine?) today! Wish me luck.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:43 PM   #18  

Haven't we been told that we can't combine Core Foods to make non-Core ones? For instance, we are not supposed to make cornbread or FF ice cream, even though we could? Presumably this is because of their "abuse potential". I'd worry about chips that way too.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:00 PM   #19  
Newbie to Core

I tried these and they are awesome!!!! I can totally see the abuse potential, if you're going to take 3-4 potatoes and make the chips. As long as you are only eating what is considered a serving (in this case 1 potato) than my leader said it's fine.

YUMMY!!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 02:23 PM   #20  

Per jorninsmama, the abuse potential would only be a factor to some if you use more than one potato. I make it a point to ONLY use one potato when I make these and actually instead of slice w/a knife yesterday, I used a vegetable peeler. This made paper thin slices and gave me more than two servings. I able to spread out my potato allowance over two meals. These were way better than store-bought. Glad to hear you liked them, jorninsmama!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 10:34 PM   #21  
Happy Loser

Here's the recipe from WW...

Ingredients
2 serving olive oil cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
2 medium uncooked Yukon Gold potato(es) sliced very thin
1/2 tsp kosher salt or more to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground, or more to taste

Instructions
Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat two nonstick cookie sheets with cooking spray. Spread potatoes over pans in single layers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until crisp and browned, about 20 minutes.

I can definately see where the abuse potential can come in with this recipe. For me I think it would be ok...I just need to have a 2-3 chips to get my "fix" and then I'm happy. Pizza on the other hand
Old 10-12-2004, 12:22 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Thanks Chrisy for posting that recipe! I will be trying it very soon!
Old 10-21-2004, 10:37 AM   #23  

I made the recipe txlawchic provided a couple of times and they are really good...so good that I haven't been able to eat a whole serving because my 2 year olds eat most of them. The seasoning gives it a really nice kick.
Closed Thread