Old 03-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

Pam, your new floors sound nice. I hope you were able to get to your games today.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I love hardwood, but dogs would have scratched it. I'd like to take most of the carpet out, but I do like that it is quiet and soft.

I did take a nap, and it was really refreshing.

I made meatloaf for dinner tonight and it was pretty good. I mix beef and ground turkey, and use a shredded wheat biscuit instead of bread crumbs.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #18  

Glad everyone survived the weather. Its been raining hard here all day.

I am searching for a labrador puppy. I decided to get a full blooded dog so I can do obedience shows like I used to do with my Golden Retreiver. If I get it now I can spend more time with it before going back to full time work.

Having a cookout here tomorrow and deciding what to make.

Today I worked on organizing my files..I still have a stack to file though.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #19  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Just got home from the dentist.Will have my new bridge by the 3/29 and if the lab can't get it done by then,I have to wait a whole month as my dentist is going on vacation.

The cape is full of dense fog,and it hard to see where your going TG I don't have to go out this afternoon the temps are in the high 60's and might get up in the 70's. Have to get my handy man to put the A/C in shortly if this continues.

SANDRA-Congrats on your 2 lb weight loss. You must be kidding,I Hate Thunderstorms,as when I was small my mom told me not to look out of the window as I would go blind. Never stopped believing that and too this day I cringe when I here the thunder in the distant. Sorry about your 3.6 flooding around the house. Hope it didn't do any damage.

RHONDA-Yikes those storm are furious glad we don't get them up here.

PAM-The sun is now shining since I posted. Have to start dinner and than put my laundry away. The hardwood floors will be a an added value to the house.

NANCY-I didn't know your were in to animal training. Hope you find a nice lab puppy.

Have a great day

Last edited by beach bum; 03-21-2012 at 11:39 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #20  

Nancy, I was wondering about your search for a puppy. I have had two labs, one a mix. The first one, Buddy, followed me home from school when I was about 10. He stayed a while, then roamed off again. The second one, Jake, was a mix with border collie, and I should have taken him to agility training. He was so amazingly friendly and sweet, except when he turned on a dime toward other male dogs at times. I had him for 10 years before he died.

Maryann, I think foggy days are nice, if you're not having to drive in it.

I hope you're all having a good day. I'm off to the gym soon, if I don't just do exercise here at home. I think I always work a little harder at the gym. There's a little competitive edge there I imagine.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #21  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I hope you find the perfect pet.

Maryann, I don't like fog either. Makes me think of werewolves.

Rhonda, your meatloaf sounds tasty. We're going to have Subway meatball sandwiches tonight. I'm picking them up on my way home from subbing. Subway/Subbing

I'm OP. I just need to check out P+ values for the Sub the Sub is going to have for dinner.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #22  

I hope you enjoyed your sub, sub.

I did 45 minutes on the elliptical. I hope that compensates for the tortilla chips I ate at dinner It probably does.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #23  

Had a nice dinner party for 8 tonight.

The guys grilled the steaks & I did potatoes, salad , bread, and strawberry shortcake for dessert.

I decided I need to improve my entertaining dishes and have
company utensils & such. Its always such a chore to find 8 matching
glasses, utensils ect.

I bought wine glasses, 8 salad plates & 8 placemats today. I need plates,
tea pitchers, and utensils. I will find some on sale.

Funniest thing...I woke up the morning with a sleep crease across my face and its still there !! Can you beleive that 12 hours later ??
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #24  
focused and aiming

Nancy, you must have been sleeping hard. Your dinner sounds yummy.

Rhonda, that sub was 15 pts. I was trying not to use any WAP's before this weekend, but I had to spend a few. Disaster averted!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #25  

15 points! You could have had a banana split instead

Nancy, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your entertaining, and good luck shopping!

I've got a busy day. That's good because I need to get rid of the 2 pounds I put back on! Dagnabit!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #26  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Another foggy day, in Cape Cod town,but the temps are in the high 50's. Love this kind of weather,hope that our summers are going to be mild also.

Going out to the Crab Apple with Rita this afternoon,and If Alice's doggy is Ok I will met her again at the PB club.

RHONDA-We the fog again but its burning off and it should be sunny again by this afternoon. I think the cold air from the ocean in the evening and the warmer air coming in collide and made the fog for us.

SANDRA-No Werewolves around here just the fog. The fog reminds me of the horror movie The Fog but of course that was night and not in the day.

beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #27  

good afternoon chickies.

Had a busy day so far. We both went to dr. I had a bone density. Osteopenia. Why can't I take my calcium like a good girl? I bought some Viactiv, so maybe I will remember to take them. Got our taxes done. At first she said $2000 refund. I told her to double check, she made a mistake and she did. We have to pay $132. I'm happy with that. Hopefully our dr. will call later to give us our blood work results. I get a mammogram tomorrow, and I'll pick up a copy of the blood work.

Sandra, my dh likes the meatball sub. I prefer the chicken breast. We splurged and had mexican for lunch. We have been super good since we came back to KY. I'll eat light the rest of the day.

Maryann, I remember vacationing in Clearwater Beach, FL and every morning we had fog until past noon.

Rhonda, lets go get a banana split. I used to reward myself when I was pregnant with my second daughter. If I didn't gain weight, I went across the street to Baskin Robbins and had a banana split, lol.

I need a nap. We got up early and did grocery shopping, along with all the rest. Even stopped and bought my paint for the kitchen.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #28  

Hello ladies!
I was wondering if I can join your group here. I'm a Weight Watcher who loves the core plan and misses it. I cannot do PointsPlus!! I would love to join here for support and encouragement for both us.
mamaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #29  
focused and aiming

Patricia! Hop right in and post away. We'd love to get to know you. Didn't you pop in here recently? I am thinking I saw your signature thingee before.

I subbed today. Curtis and I went out for steaks afterwards. I had sirloin, a dry baked potato, green beans and grilled squash. (No rolls!)

I planted 10 Rose of Sharon plants the other day after our big rain. They are looking alive. I was worried as they came in the mail over a week ago. I was keeping them in water till I could get them into the ground.

Now back to food: I had an "Almost Banana Split" this afternoon that was just 3 Points. I sliced a banana, drizzled 1 point of chocolate syrup on top along with a chopped Weight Watchers Dark Chocolate Turtle Candy (2 pts), and 2 T of ff Cool Whip. 3 pts total! It was decadent!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:12 PM   #30  

Hello!! Sandra, you got me curious. So I looked at my posts. I came in here last summer. Oh well, maybe you saw me (or my siggy) somewhere else.

I don't know why I'm still awake tonight. I got up this morning at 3:45 because all I was doing to lying in bed waiting for the alarm to go off. So I got up and took my shower. About 2:00 this afternoon, I thought I was going to die! I still think it's daylight saving time that is hitting me. It's really hard for me to wind down when it's still light outside. During the summer, it will still be light around 10 p.m. Ugh.

Well, I'm going to go and try to do something to get ready for bed. Find something to wear for tomorrow. Good night all. Be back tomorrow.
mamaduck is offline   Reply With Quote