Old 10-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #16  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

After waking up late again, I had a lot of errands to run before going out with my friend Mary to Soprano's for her birthday.

It looks like rain but it better than snow that the poor people in Colorado have to deal with today.

RHONDA-I think its something that Leo had to do with the saline solution. But I really don't remember how do you spray it up your nasal passages??????

PAM-I had that too with the change of the seasons but now I don't know what triggering my sinuses.

SANDRA -I'm not cooking like I used to any more I'm now buying L/C froz entrees or ready to heat up chicken or fish from the frozen dept.My friend told me that its natural now that I'm cooking just for yourself. Or will I start again once I feel better with this breathing crisis.

Have to go, have a great day, getting ready for birthday dinner.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

MARYANN

I always figure that the lean cuisines are better than fast food. Sometimes you are just not up to cooking. If you add in some fresh fruit or salad its even better.

Sandra.. I know...I am craving turkey now ...
What shot did you get ..missed that.. Glad it helped

Jojo
Glad your mom is back to the home & settled . My aunt has advanced dementia and is back with my cousin at her house. The days are going well but she isn't sleeping which is wearing my cousin out. I have been contagious but will help her out as soon as this cold passes.

Working on the family tree has already paid off. I have been back in touch with a cousin that I was close to until we were about 10 when the family split over adult issues. We even favor each other. We are planning to get together soon .

I think I need to rely less on the kids at the holidays. Have my meals and invite friends also..Then one year if no kids make it home I will not be as lost. I hope one day I have tons of kids & grandkids coming home for the holidays .
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey everyone hope your all well?

Im good busy with uni and went to london for a few days. I have a scan and pre op assessment next month hopefully il get some answers finally xxxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Ems, what did I miss. Answers about what?

Maryann, there is a squeeze bottle for the nasal lavage. You simply put the tip of the bottle in a nostril and squeeze the bottle gently. The saline goes into your sinus and out the other nostril. Easy peasy! And, effective.

My nephew came over and worked in the yard yesterday. Did I say that already. It's looking really good. We are expecting major thunderstorms tonight and/or tomorrow.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #20  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I got a steroid shot for allergies.

Rhonda, we have our flashlight handy just in case.

Ems, I missed something here. What tests?

Maryann, LC's are good. I could live on them, too.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #21  

Maryann..
LC has a new spa variety of meals that are good and Kaishi makes a good frozen meal also..
Old 10-27-2011, 06:27 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

sorry i thought i said before they think i have endermitrosis iv been trying to get answers for over a year now and only had one can and a few examinations but they are sending me for a laparoscopy to see if anything is going on in there and if i have endermitriosis. xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #23  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I feel like I've been running like crazy and absent from here forever. I've been ready and trying to keep up but I haven't had a moment to post.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #24  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its going to be rainy windy and cold today so I thinking staying in,except to go to the pharmacist to get the saline solution for bed time. Tomorrow my friend Rita and I are going to the October fest a the senior center. They talking about snow flurries than. I guess the nice day up here on the Cape are changing into wintry ones.

NANCY- I used to love looking into cookbooks and cooking main meals .I used to use the L/C entrees lonely once in a while but now that I'm not feeling well I rely on them more. adding fruit or salads is a good idea thanks for the suggestion. I have to look for the Kaishi entrees also.

RHONDA- Thanks so much for telling me about the nasal lavage come in a spray I remember Leo taking the saline solution where you had to mix ingredients. Is that the brand name or whats in it????????

SANDRA-I like L/C and Smart Ones from WW but my sister into Healthy Choice ,which I don't care for.

Have to go and get dressed so I can get out before the heavy rains come.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:11 AM   #25  

Maryann, the one I use does require mixing the saline powder in warm water. it is called "NeilMed Sinus Rinse." The powder is in individual foil packets which you pour into the water in the plastic squeeze bottle. The bottle is sold with the powder packets in a paperboard box.

I use distilled water, pouring it into the squeeze bottle, adding the powder and closing the bottle. Then I turn on the hot water, put the bottle under the stream of hot water and warm up the solution.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #26  
focused and aiming

Ems, I hope you find out what's going on with your body soon and you can start healing.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:33 AM   #27  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

I must have broken an awful lot of mirrors in my time.

Had a relapse with my back. The disc isn't out, but there is a fair bit of discomfort so am staying in bed for a while dammit. The doctor has threatened to tie me to it if I get out
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:37 AM   #28  

JoJo...don't make me over there girl !!!

take it easy and listen to the doctor..

I am more & more convinced that my joint issues are diet related. I felt great today until I ate greasy popcorn at the theater. I have a physical next week & plan to ask the Dr more about this.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #29  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Boy winter I think is here on the Cape woke up to 35 degrees even if the sun is shinning. Have to take out my heavy winter clothes this weekend.

RHONDA-I bought the saline spray and it worked I still able to breath nicely thanks for the tip on nasal sprays.

JOJO=So sorry about your back hurting. Do you have a back brace for support????? I use one when my back goes out.

NANCY-You tell her,I agree with you she must take it easy

Have to get ready for the fest party have a great day
Old 10-28-2011, 10:23 PM   #30  

Maryann, I'm glad you found something that helped.

Jojo, good luck with the back. DH has been having a lot of trouble lately with his also.

And, this weekend we have the 3 grandkids here. I hope DH can last! We're also letting our preferred political party use our house for a Halloween party tomorrow night. I told them they could have the space but someone else has to be the hostess because I'm being Nana.