Old 09-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #46  
focused and aiming

Hi there. I'm at school. Just dismissed my last 8th Grade American History class. I have a study hall coming in about 30 minutes.

Yesterday I was all prepared for a snack with the "bunch" after church. We had some emotional issues and were all exhausted by the time we left the church. Obviously, we didn't go out for snacks/chat. I actually saved some calories! I thought about snacking at home but decided to play Scrabble instead. Is this me?

Ems, I'd be ranting, too, if my friends were treating me that way. You go right ahead. We're here for you.

Pam, this is weird about your computer. Mine is still weird with my bank account. That's scarey!

JoJo, I love those last minute get togethers.

Vickie, how was your chicken last night? It's almost the 12th. We start our local OA meeting that night. I can't wait!!

Maryann, Rhonda, Paula, Nancy,
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Thanks pam hope u have a great time xxx

Cheers sandra hope your ok? xxxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

everyone. WORN OUT! Back tomorrow

Pam, the dentist is not intending to insult you. She might ask you to sign a waiver or something saying you've been told the risks and decided not to take the antibiotics. Dentists get sued just as MDs do.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #49  
Southside White Sox Fan

Pam, the Dentist is worried about her liability if the Doctor is wrong. That's why she wants the note. We live in a litigious society. You might not sue if there is a problem but others might.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #50  

Yeah, I get it. I will sign a waiver if she wants. I know she is concerned. Just surprised she didn't ask the last time she cleaned them. My valves are mild and I forget to mention it half the time lol. I also read on Mayo Clinic site they no longer recommend the antibiotics and my cardio dr. told me the same thing. But, I'm glad the dentist at least asked about it.

I'm getting hungry.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #51  
focused and aiming

Vickie, did you type that red message in your signature about updating?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #52  
Southside White Sox Fan

Nope....3FC busted me I guess.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #53  

My son surprised me and came home for the weekend
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:37 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

great news Nancy!

Pam, the Mayo site doesn't say they don't give antibiotics, but I'm glad you got your personal situation straightened out and no doubt all will be well for you.

Ems, good luck with your friends. It's tough sometimes when we're not feeling appreciated. But, just keep doing the right thing and you'll be happy with yourself.

I had a really good workout today. I LOVE being able to lift 55 pounds straight up over my head numerous times. I was playing with my 7 year old niece this past Saturday and I lifted her up over my head like she was a barbell and she was ecstatic

Last edited by Tejas; 09-08-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:00 AM   #55  

This is copied from the Mayo Clinic site...... and my doctor also said the exact same thing to me yesterday. I know some people still take them and that is fine, but if it's not necessary for me to take them, I prefer not to. My dr. also said is definitely is necessary for some to take them, but my valve problem doesn't call for them.

Antibiotics seldom recommended
Doctors used to recommend that some people with mitral valve prolapse take antibiotics before certain dental or medical procedures to prevent endocarditis, but not anymore. According to the American Heart Association, antibiotics are no longer necessary in most cases for someone with mitral valve regurgitation or mitral valve prolapse.

Still, if you've been told to take antibiotics before any procedures in the past, check with your doctor whether that's still necessary.

Nancy, you sound like a happy camper. Enjoy your son this weekend.

Rhonda, I wish I had half your strength. I am in awe what you are able to do with those weights.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:39 AM   #56  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

PAM I wish more people were like you. I did my general training 1969-1972. Back then, doctors were giving out antibiotics like sweeties (candy) We nurses all said that, soon there would be a bug that nothing would touch because we were all packed to the cork with antibiotics to which bugs would become resistant.

Antibiotics are fine in their place, and if you don't pop them willynilly, they have more effect to take when you absolutely have no choice but to take them. If your doctor doen't think they are necessary then end of.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:03 AM   #57  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm up in the middle of the night with belly ache/stress tummy. Enough said!

Hope you all have a great day. I'm looking for landscapers.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Thanks rhonda i hope things get better with friend situation but it is up to themto contact me now iv done everything on my part. HOPE YOUR WELL XXX
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #59  

Morning chicks.

Vickie, sorry about your tummy. Did you get food poisoning?

jojo, my grandsons have never had any antibiotics and they are 16 yrs old. When my daughter would take them to dr. and they suggested them, she would make them test to see if it was viral or bacterial. Every time it was viral, so she refused to give antibiotics to the boys. Back in the day, most dr.s over-prescribed them.

Suppose to warm up today and get back into the 80's next week. We are flying on Sunday. What was I thinking??
Old 09-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #60  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its not a good day for me as I fell again and landed on my back and left ankle,and of course all my doctors are off on Friday. I guess I would have to visit them on the golf course. I'm wearing a lumbar back brace that once was Leo's. Hope it takes the strain off my back over this weekend so I can get to the doctors on Monday if the pain doesn't subside. So no exercising for me Hopefully I will be able to go to the movies with my movie buff friend.

Have to go,my back is getting stiff. I have to get up and walk around a little and can spend the day on the couch.

Have a nice day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote