Old 02-01-2011, 08:38 AM   #16  

Welcome Alicia and Ann. The more, the merrier.

I do Simply Filling on the new points plus. I have eaten out too many times this week, although I have made healthy choices. I did splurge and have some hard crusted bread.

I'm sorry everyone is having nasty weather today. Stay safe and warm, inside the comfort of your own home, if possible.

Today is my husbands birthday. It might be another day eating out. We'll see.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #17  
focused and aiming

Hi there. We're enjoying the beauty of the ice and snow and so far are still with power. I'm going to make a pot of taco soup in a bit. Lately I've been hungry for soup and have been making several different kinds. Of course, there's been cornbread on the agenda, too.

Ems, I'm glad you're doing well. I'm doing well, too. I didn't lose week before last but lost almost 2 pounds this week. We just have to hang in there. Program works. I think I was lucky not to have a gain week before last since I'd eaten those onion rings.

JoJo, Curtis and I have osteo-arthritis and rainy weather talks to us, too.

Ann. Hop right in here. I'm doing wwP+ as my meal plan while working Overeaters' Anonymous. Most of us here are working various programs and not just SF. Post as often as you like. We look forward to getting to know you.

Rhonda, I'm glad you're in for the day. We are, too. Enjoy your birds! I'm scheduled to sub Friday, but I'm guessing that'll be cancelled, too. I doubt the tennis coach will be gone to a tournament in this weather--but who can predict what Friday will be like?

Vickie, are things settling down for you? I miss you.

Paula, Sloan, Nancy, and Maryann, I'm guessing you're staying in, too. Keep warm.

Pam, you're probably our only Chickie with moderate weather. Enjoy! Happy birthday to your DH!

I need to go make taco soup. BBL

Last edited by ontarget; 02-01-2011 at 10:07 AM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Speaking of birds: the crows were cawing early this morning. It sounded like "get out here and fix this!" So, I went out and scattered seeds and peanuts, and poured boiling water in the bird bath to defrost it.

It didn't take long for everybody to show up. I think I scored points with St. Francis of Assisi.

A jay is trying in vain to get the peanuts in the feeder unstuck. All he has to do is fly down to the ground. The bird bath is frozen solid again, of course.

The wind is howling and we are grateful to have wonderful shelter from it and the cold.

Time for oatmeal
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

welcome ann im doing ww propoints as well How are you finding it? x
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #20  

well done on the loss sandra that was fab :d i hope i have a fab a goodloss this week :d

Pam i hope your husband has a lovely birthday if you do go out choose something healthy xxx
Old 02-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #21  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

FEBRUARY, already and I don't think we are going to see the groundhog tomorrow with this oncoming snow.

Woke up at 9 AM and guess what is snowing,expecting 1-3" this morning than turning to rain with a mixture coming in right after that{ICE} until the snow comes back this afternoon with another additional 3-6 by the time it ends late tomorrow morning. I sick of this,I have another PT appointment tomorrow at 11AM. I have to listen for the plows this time so I can get my car dug out and drive it to the street so they can plow my driveway not like the last time.

NANCY-Hugs and Prayers Your way. I know what you're going though and I know it not easy,watching a loved one going though the Chemo treatments,it tends to be scary.Just keep the faith.

RHONDA-Do you have any supermarkets that delivery. I wouldn't know what to do without Pea Pod.

VICKIE-Stay safe,as the mid west is really getting hit with snow.

JOJO-This snow won't stop,my friend Mary tells me the reason it hasn't is that she not in Fla this winter. No nightmares,but I had either acid reflex or a tummy ache as I had to take Chamomile tea. Feel better this morning.

PAM=HB to your DH,enjoy and start watching or dieting the next day.

SANDRA-Staying in today & tomorrow I will have to cancel my PT session.Have to wait and see if I hear the plows ans I don['t want to be missed like I was the last time.

ALICA & ANNE- to our thread you going to like it here.

Have to go and start my chicken stir-fry
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #22  

I just tried to venture out in the car, but turned around and came home safely. Our street wasn't bad at all, but the busier one we connect to was a sheet of ice. I saw that interstate 35 was closed both ways.

The oatmeal was delicious. Now, what's for lunch?

Last edited by Tejas; 02-01-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #23  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm glad you got your feathered friends taken care of early. We were late. Saw some cardinals feeding on the ground beneath the feeders earlier today. Curtis went out after lunch and put out fresh seed. The pond isn't completely frozen, so I guess they will drink there. (You're nicer than I am.)

Maryann, enjoy your day inside. That's what we're doing, too.

Ems, I'm sending you for a fabulous lss this week.

I'm going to make some sf/ff pudding. Sounds good to me. Have a great--safe!!--day, everyone.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #24  

Thanks sandra i need it xxx
Old 02-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #25  
focused and aiming

Any time, Ems.

I am starting a new focus. The plan is to do some time on the exercise bike. I'm going to include one for each 10 minutes done per day. Today we've been iced in all day and I have done so far. I may do more while watching Biggest loser. If so, I'll be back to post. I realize riding the exercise bike isn't much, but it's definitely more than I had been doing. Today is Day 1 with this; however, it's Day 238 sugar-free. If I can do that, you'd think I could do the exercise bike. Thank you for your support. I know I'm going to need it.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #26  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. We're getting storm #1 today. Its usually my day off but I had to go into work for a training session. My 25 minute ride took just about an hour. I was a 1/2 hour late for the session. Then I was going to leave and head to the gym at 11:30. DD had a 1/2 day, I told DH I'd be home a bit after 1. Well, never left the office until closer to noon, never made the gym as it took another hour to get home. So, no workout for me today -- I may play wii with dd later to get some movement in for the day. The roads are too bad to walk the dog as well.

The good news is tomorrows storm is looking to be more rain for us than snow. Then finally next week we get some days above freezing so some of the 3+ feet of snow on the ground will melt.

Vickie, how are you doing? Your weather looks horrible!!! Keep warm.

Oh, forgot, today was my wi. I gained 0.2. So, I'll say I stayed the same which is OK since I lost 7 pds in 2 weeks. I was glad that the 7 was a real number and didn't bounce around after I wi last week.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Paula, you're doing wonderfully! Be safe.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #28  

Paula, I would consider that a wash. 7 lbs in 2 weeks is fabulous. It's taken me 2 months to lose 10 lbs.

Sandra, I haven't done any exercise this week. You are doing great in my book.

Rhonda, you are braver than I would be in ice. A birdie told me to tell you thanks.

Maryann, if you are expecting more snow or ice, I think you should cancel your PT. Why risk it.

ems, you are going to have a good number this week. I can feel it.

We went to Outback for dinner. Our waitress was also on WW and she was helping me decide what to eat. She had WW and Outback's info on her phone apps. She was really nice. I didn't eat anything today except a yogurt, so even if I was counting points, I did good. I love their blooming onion but didnt even take a small sample of it.

Have a great evening
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! Our weather is rain, rain, rain. That would be okay, but our drive is a sea of mud. I'm still not able to drive up and down in my car. DS has to come and get me in his truck whenever I go out or come home. The big storm has gone north of us, sorry Vickie. It's a good thing. It is the first day of February, and we have been in school for only ten days.

I've been reading posts but have been too busy to post. I didn't sleep well last night, and I'm falling asleep while typing this. I'll try to check in tomorrow and speak to each of you. Welcome to the new chickies!

Night, night, y'all!!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #30  

Good night, Sloan. Don't wash away.

Vickie, I'm glad I'm not in your snowshoes right now. It's bad enough here. I didn't walk the dog tonight and she seemed to understand.

I've been working at keeping calories low, with protein and carbs at 40% of my daily diet. It's not so easy. I've made up a protein shake of cottage cheese, yogurt, ricotta cheese and frozen fruit and that helps.

Boy, Egypt is amazing right now!

Last edited by Tejas; 02-01-2011 at 10:19 PM.