Old 02-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #76  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Nancy, what AWESOME news. I'm so happy for you and Robin. Those are great results.

I'm glad that rest of you are doing well on program and that we are coping with the winter we've been dealt so far. I'm not really doing great food wise. I always seem to slip during periods of stress. Plus, whenever I don't feel good, I want comfort food that isn't on Jenny or WW. I had the chills and fever until bedtime last night. Today is better.

I'm feeling better today after some sleep. Yesterday was hard. The new carpet was ripped out and the newer stuff was reinstalled in the family room. They did a great job with only a smudge to one wall. The roofer showed up yesterday. He was a referral from the painter that we adore so much. We have some internet research to do to make sure what he told us isn't just a sales pitch or scare tactics.

The roofer went up in the attic and took pictures and showed us that we have snow in the attic in several places from the blizzard which is melting onto several ceilings. Apparently the snow came in through at least one or two improperly installed roof vents which when combined with insufficient return vents under the eaves created a reverse air flow during the blizzard. We were also told that our attic was severely under insulated as he could see the joists and in a couple of places could see the dry wall. So we go for insulation now and in the Spring we'll have to get the vent issue resolved and the ceilings all treated with Kilz and repainted. Sigh.

Thankfully, we have our health and the money for the insulation and repairs.

So today, we put all the junk back into my HUGE entertainment center. Then I'm going to start working on our taxes. Another necessary evil. I'm hoping there will be a bit of a refund to help with the house repairs.

Last edited by Vickie; 02-05-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

cheers everyone thank for all your kind words. xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #78  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning ladies. I hope you all have a relaxing weekend. I'm off an running, but wanted to stop by quickly.

I went to the gym already - did 45minutes on the elliptical. Rhonda, I did try the interval training mode, it was a good workout! I'll try that again. I did then do the treadmill for 20 minutes to meet my 60 minute goal I set for myself.

Off to man the Girl Scout cookie booth for DD's brownie troop, then her friend is spending the afternoon/night with us. I'm not sure if I'll take the girls somehwere or not - its supposed to rain here later today. Thankfully its not snow! Maybe some of what we have on the ground will melt. But I am expecting some flooding as there isn't anywhere for the rain to go. As it is hte roads have about 4 foot banks on either side that are now covered in ice after the storm last week.

I'm going to plan a weekend away in April. That would give me something to look forward to.

BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

It's above freezing!!!

I'm going to the gym!!!!!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #80  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I'd be eating comfort foods if I had all the stress you have now. Well, honestly, I had comfort food for lunch today without dealing with stress. Don't know what's up with that. I indulged a bit last night, too. Old habits, I guess, are biting me in the behind.

Paula, an April trip sounds good. We have one to a family reunion in Houston that month. Beware the cookies!

Rhonda, enjoy but be careful.

Cheers, Ems and JoJo, my weekly wi is shot to "death." I'll be totally amazed if I don't have a gain. Oh, well, life goes on.

at those of you yet to get here. Keep warm and have a great weekend.

Last edited by ontarget; 02-05-2011 at 01:09 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #81  
focused and aiming

Saturday

Old 02-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

you will be fine sandra good luck xxx

Jojo this wind is really getting on my nerves its scary alot of the frences are wobbling and nearly falling down
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #83  

There was no trouble travelling today. I did a tough workout on my own. I had planned to do some work on the elliptical after it but just couldn't.

Paula, I hope you like the HIIT.

Vickie, "this too will pass." Or, that's what we used to say in my family about most troubles. It was sometimes followed with "well, not fast enough!"

Sandra, good pedaling.

We're going out for dinner before the ice comes back!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #84  

We are home tonight !!!
We both took a 3 hour power nap and are watching TV..
Just wish I could call the food service # and have dinner delivered .
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #85  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I'm so glad ya'll are home. Did you call for dinner delivery?

Rhonda, sounds like you had a good workout. Almost all our snow is gone; however, there's more on the way.

Ems, we get really high winds, too. They can be really scarey for sure.

We're going to a Super Bowl Party tomorrow. I plan to have what I want but to keep it sensible--and sugar free. Today is Day 242.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Nancy, I'm so glad y'all are home. I've been praying for Robin's throat. Is it better? I know he's happy to be able to sleep in his own bed.

We are up to our knees in mud again. The weather was just warm enough for the mud to thaw, so we are "slip slidin' away" again.

Vickie, could be worse. Frosty the snowman could be sitting by you on the couch. I hope future repairs go quickly.

I have a confession to make. After Bible study meeting and grocery shopping today, I've done nothing but eat ice cream and surf the net. What has happened to me? I need therapy!

I hope you all are having a great weekend. Looks like things are going smoothly for everyone. I'll check in tomorrow.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:30 PM   #87  

Fantastic, Nancy. I wish I could have just zipped over there and made your dinner.

Sloan, you just needed ice cream, that's all.

Sandra, good for you on the sugar free. I couldn't do it, I don't think.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:42 AM   #88  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Ems When we had those awful gales some years ago, I think it was the same year as we had the hurricane, my husband's friend was minding his own business in his kitchen, having a coffee and looking out of the window and his shed shot past the window!

I've lost a pound! I was gobsmacked at weigh in last evening.

Have a good day everyone
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #89  

Jojo, I lost another pound too!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:43 AM   #90  

jojo, congrats on the pound.

Sandra, congrats on exercising. I am still being lazy in that department.

Nancy, great news that Robin is home.

sloan, what flavor of ice cream? I have to confess I had mexican yesterday. I have been so good, since Dec. 1st, and this is my first splurge.

We are in full force demo. We decided to redo the whole bathroom. Yesterday we had to remove the old vinyl flooring. It was completely glued down, so we had to remove the top layer, then scrape the bottom layer. I have a huge blister in the palm of my hand, ouch.

Rhonda, what did you have for dinner?

Have a great Sunday
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote