Old 12-10-2010, 11:13 PM   #31  

Height: 5'4"

Sloan..I will be praying ..

I have a prayer request too but it is not as urgent as Sloans..
We are just starting to get estimates to do the updates our house needs to get it on the market in the spring. It is going to be a lot of work all winter
& then with the economy we don't know how fast it will sell. One of the contractors that came to give an estimate said he was interested in buying the house as is and is bringing his wife to see the house tomorrow. We are going to clean all day and show it at 3 pm. It is weird to show it before we have done
the painting & all the things we want to do. That would be an amazing blessing
to sell without all the work. There would be no Realtor fees so it could be a win win for us & the buyer.
Pray that his wife loves it !!!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

DH was up in the wee hours and said he thought he was doing a little better. One of the symptoms he has been dealing with is not being able to sleep and profuse night sweats. He said he had been sleeping and did not seem to be sweating as much. We will see what the day brings.

Nancy, prayers have already gone up for y'all. What a blessing!!! I will be sending up those "popcorn" prayers all day. FYI: my friend calls those quick little prayers we say when something "pops" into our head "popcorn" prayers. Keep us posted!

As long as Vance keeps doing well, I am planning on cleaning a little today then my friend may be coming over later this afternoon for me to help her with a painting. I'll check in on y'all later.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #33  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I'll be sending popcorn prayers, too. That would be a blessing to sell without having to do all that work. Think of your health savings, too, both physical and emotional. What a blessing!

Sloan, that's wonderful news about Vance. I hope he continues to improve. Keep us posted--and have fun with your friend today.

I'm leaving in a few minutes for church play rehearsal. Performance is tomorrow. Yihoo!!! and !
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Nancy, Sloan, best of luck to you both in your situations.

I'll be back later tonight and write more.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

Whew! Last rehearsal over + Performance tomorrow = Life is Good!!

We had a lunch break today between rehearsals. Pizza was delivered for all. I had a ham/cheese/cranberry sauce wrap and cauliflower soup. I have impressed myself.

Have a great Saturday evening, Chickies. I'll be back later.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Vance still seems to be doing better. He has even ventured out into his garage to "piddle around". God is good! I did not get to meet with my friend as she had to change plans unexpectedly. I did get to have lunch with my sister. We ran into each other at the craft store, so decided to have lunch. I, too, am staying op, Sandra. I am finding the new program more manageable.

Nancy, I'm dying to know how your meeting went!

Right now I'm sitting in front of a virtual fire on comcast and listening to Christmas music. After I get off here, I'm going to get back at it. Hope you all are having a wonderful evening. I'll check in later.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:59 PM   #37  

Sloan..I am glad Vance feels better today..

We cleaned all day and the house looks better than usual..Wish I could keep it this tidy. I left and let Robin show it because I thought one person would be better . I get nervous and talk too much
They loved it and were talking about how the attic could easily be done into another bedroom & bath. They have not asked about the price & we are waiting for them to bring it up. They may be deciding on what offer to make.
I don't want to get my hopes up because they may be thinking a much lower
price than we are . Its hard to price because it is older but the location is
very close in to the city and yet it has 3 acres , privacy, and no homeowner
restrictions .

Tonight we went to my Grandson's piano recital.. He played Over the River & Through The Woods. He is growing up so fast.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:23 AM   #38  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

How’s the move going Maryann? I know exactly what you mean about strange noises when you change bedrooms. I once spent the night on a sofa in a friend’s sitting room. She had a large clock on the wall which chimed not just the hours but quarters and half hours too. I lost the will to live around 3am.

You are in our thoughts Nancy. We are busy doing up our house. I know what you mean about unforeseen work. Houses are slow moving here too. Let’s stick together eh? We can get through this! I bet you were the proudest granny at that recital.

Sandra
. Keeping everything crossed. I didn’t realize you were up to the final rehearsal. Where has the time gone?

Tejas.
I’m looking forward to seeing you and your dance troupe on America’s Got Talent.

Our daughter loved Christmas carols. Her favourite was The First Noel. So far this Christmas we have managed to steer clear of all Christmas music. In the future, time will wear the hard edges off the memories and mellow them into warm, nostalgic ones, but not this year.

An irreverent Christmas joke. You have been warned.

The reason why there is always a fairy on top of the Christmas tree.

It was Christmas Eve and Santa was having a really bad day. The weather was foul, the reindeer were all down with a tummy bug, the elves were on a go slow for more money and on top of that, Mrs. Claus was nag, nag, nag. ’Fix that gate, mend that window' etc. etc.
Just when Santa thought things could get no worse up pops the Christmas fairy with the biggest Christmas tree you have ever seen. ‘Hi Santa’ she said. ‘Here’s your Christmas tree. Where shall I stick it?’ So that's why there is always a fairy on top of the Chrismas tree... Ho Ho Ho!
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #39  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

The night before I didn't get enough sleep and this morning I couldn't get up.Had to microwave my tea and had cold cereal before I made a mad race to church.

Than things get back to normal when I went with my friends to brunch and than to the Christmas Tree Shop to buy some small items to take along on my journey to New York.

I lost 3lbs at yesterday W-I I don't feel hungry now that I'm eating slowly.I don't seem to to crave any snacks in-between meals like I used to do. I can go from meal to meal without anything except water and juices. The only time I like to snack is watching tv and but is now is a fruit or yogurt where it used to be pretzel, popcorn or potato chips.

RHONDA-Gee you're going to be busy lady with all that jewelry making. I never took a course but I have strung a string or two,Its fun and I also make earring for myself also.

NANCY-my new bedroom is in the back of the house near the dinning area. I already but the upstairs thermostat down to 62 and the downstairs is 65.Don't like it too hot when I'm sleeping. Congrats on your 1lb loss,you're doing good before a holiday too.

SANDRA-Thanks,I'm finding that I now can concentrate on my eating without overeating now that I took the Dr Oz just 10 Challenge.Between that and the slow eating is working for me. I feel like a school kid moving into a new dormitory.

SLOAN-It wasn't the noise that bothered me it was the light from the clock so now I took the small clock from the upper room and all is well.Oh Sloane I will pray for your DH to the Sacred Heart this evening .Hope all go well at the doctors appointment.

JOJO-The clock problem is solved and now it feels good being in a smaller room Don't feel so lonely like I did in the upstairs bedroom. I brought Leo & My wedding picture downstairs and put is near my bed. That helps a lot.

Have to go my beef goulash is ready.

Have a nice evening
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #40  
focused and aiming

Ho Ho Ho, Jo Jo. That's a good one.

Maryann, enjoy your new room. And congrats on losing this week. Eating slowly? Hmmmmmmmmmm. Sound like a good idea.

Sloan, I'm glad Vance is doing better.

We just got home from our church's Christmas party. We had a great time. Lots of food thee. I took grapes to use as a filler. A little boy and I ate them all up.

Nancy, wouldn't it be neat if those folks buy? Keep us posted.

I'm waving at those of you out there who didn't make it here today. (I barely made it myself.) The play is now history. Is life good or what!
Old 12-18-2010, 01:58 AM   #41  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone. I haven’t fallen out with you. It’s just that the weather here is foul. Not as bad as elsewhere but the shops are running low because trucks can’t get through and some people are also running short of heating oil. We can get out and about with yaktrax on our shoes but driving is a bit dicey. ANYWAY! Mark and I are ready for Christmas. We’re not overdoing it this year so will be nice and cosy. Red was our daughter’s favourite colour and we have been very touched by what several neighbours have done. Their Christmas trees are a mass of red, even with red lights. We knew from what folk had said over the build up to Christmas that they were not going to forget here and wanted us to know that although she wasn’t here this year, she was still in their thoughts. Isn’t that a nice gesture? Not too OTT and sugary.
Later on this morning we are delivering neighbourhood watch Christmas cards. Quite a few elderly people live in our road and many don’t get a lot of cards so we make sure everyone in the road gets a neighbourhood watch one and that way, the lonely ones don’t feel patronised.

Right then… where’s me dog team and sledge? I need to go to the shed.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #42  
focused and aiming

JoJo, I'm glad to hear that you and Mark are all right and are staying warm. You have wonderful neighbors. How thoughtful of them to decorate with reds. And I see you've met your Christmas goal!!!! Way to go, Chickie!!!!