Old 04-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #31  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela and Sandra, I just love you two Chicks and everyone else here. Wouldn't we have a wonderful neighborhood if we all lived close?

Time for zero point veggie soup!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:31 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #33  

Height: 5'4"

Finally the scales made an honest woman out of me!!!

I have left my ticker at 142 even though the scale slipped up a few weeks ago.

Well today I really am the weight I have claiming to be ...

This has been working for me...

Keeping my calories a bit lower during the day than normal.
Maybe just an apple & yogart for a meal and such.

Then at night allowing myself a bit more to feel satisfied...

Does anyone else do better with a few more calories in the evening...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Angela, isn't God good? His timing is always perfect!!! I looked at that precious baby, and my eyes flooded with tears. I'm so glad you are done with all the labor stuff, and I too, am a member of your new fan club. Take it easy, and let everyone take care of you as long as you can.

We had a good time at our conference, but none of the students advanced to the National competition. I have to admit that I was secretly relieved. Our National conference is one week in the summer, and I really did not want to go. Oh well, I guess I'm selfish, but sometimes giving up a week of my summer break is not very appealing.

Rhonda, I'm glad you got to be with others who knew and loved your friend. Are you home now? I hope things are going well for you.

Sandra, I love to picture you "flinging" arrows. Maybe one day you will post some pics for us.

Nancy, how about making sure you have special low cal treats that Robin might like? Also, my DH always loves to have lots of movies to watch. In the past, we rented the entire series of 24 and Lost to watch while he was recovering from some of his various joint surgeries. Another thought might be to get him some good tennis shoes to "break in" before he starts therapy if his are worn out. I know they would be new, but he might be in a better frame of mind to break them in before he has his surgery, and having good support will be important for therapy.

Vickie, a chicks neighborhood would be so awesome! I would just love that!!!

I hope you all are having a great evening. I'm planning on resting after the late nights with my students. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

I did so love the picture of Miles Adam. And, what a sight he is. Welcome to Earth little one!

The funeral was today, and it was extremely emotional and cathartic. It was not a staid Toronto event. I spoke, as did three others, and it helped a lot. I return to Texas early tomorrow morning.

Good night,
Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 04-07-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:39 PM   #36  

Sloan..

Excellent ideas for movies & new exercise shoes!!
Old 04-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #37  

Nancy, I'm an old pro. DH has had surgery on his neck, back x 2, knee x2, both elbows, both wrists, shoulder x2, and sinuses x2. The docs don't know what happens to his joints; the tendons just start to tear! Oh well, right now we are not planning any more surgery. I really hope Robin does well. Remind us when it's close, so we can pray, pray, pray! If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Rhonda, I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

Angela, have a good night!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:36 AM   #38  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I'm back from a wonderful restful Easter vacation.The kids are all back in school and the house is quite again. Everyday there was something to do the first two days I was invited to a seda and the second day I participated in the prayers. Than on Wed it was a movie & dinner[How to train your dragon] in NYC,Walked my heels off,those city blocks are long.On Thursday we went to the Mall and went into one of those stuffed doll stores and came out with a Leo Bear from my DGC to hug when I lonesome. Easter Sunday went to my sisters,and than got ready for my trip back home.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday like I did. Now its back to reality,paying the bills & grocery shopping. But this time around I only gained 2 lbs not like I did on Christmas with an 9-lb gain.

Have to go, will be back later
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #39  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm off and running.

Welcome home Mary Ann. Glad you had a good trip.

Have a safe trip, Rhonda.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #40  

Just found some Vita Muffin- Vita Tops at my local grocery store.
I tried the CranBran and love them. 100 calories.. Excellent flavor.

I don't like the super sweet granola bars and muffins so this one is perfect.
On my way out the door in the am a muffin and fruit or muffin and cheese stick will be perfect!!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #41  

I'm back in Texas, with about 2 extra pounds

Tonight I have phase 2 of the sleep study...back tomorrow..
Old 04-09-2010, 12:47 AM   #42  

Hey chicks, so busy today! Ripping up carpet tomorrow and painting baseboards for carpet installation on Monday! I'll check in in the morning. Welcome back Maryann and Rhonda!
Old 04-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #43  
Southside White Sox Fan

Off and running. Talk to you all on Saturday night or Sunday morning.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #44  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi ladies, sorry I've been MIA. And I missed A LOT. CONGRATULATIONS Angela! Miles is sooo cute! God's timing is always perfect -- I hope your dad is enjoying him before his surgery. Is Miles the first grandson for your parents?

Nancy, glad you like the vita tops. I didn't like the chocolate ones, I've always bought the berry bran type ones. If you do like them, check their website, I think buying bulk its cheaper. My store, the box of 4 is over $5. I think on line they are under a $1 each.

Vickie - tomorrow is puppy day!!! I'm so excited for you. You must post pictures of your new baby as well

Maryann - glad you had a nice Easter weekend. Now back to reality! At least our weather is getting to be wonderful (with the exception of today).

Well, our Easter could have been better. We were at 9am services and my cell phone starts ringing. I just shut it off and enjoyed Church. When we got home DH asked if I checked who was calling - I did, it was my sister. My mom was going to 8am mass and fell in the church parking lot. She fractured her pelvis. She spent Sunday - Wed in the hospital and is now in a rehab center. She'll be there anywhere from 2-8 weeks. There isn't anything they can do for her but let her heal. Thankfully the fractures were not too bad - just slight. But she is 83. So...... I took dd to see her last night, what a beautiful rehab she is in ! Its fairly new. It looks like a hotel lobby. Compared to ones my Dad was in and also MIL, its night and day. No smell, no hospital feel. The upstairs is a nursing home and its just as nice. Why can't they all be like that???

Well, TGIF. Got to get some work going.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #45  

Gee Paula, I hope your mother recovers without further incident.

Vickie, we'll all be waiting for the pictures, eagerly.

Maryann, welcome back. I'm glad that you had a good trip and I hope that settling back in at home comes easily to you.

Sloan, you could start a second career in home renovation, if you could stand it.

We went to see a steam train pull into Denton today. It's #844, on its way to south Texas. What a sight that was, and it was only 2 hours late . We were with the DIL and her two boys. We all got a little impatient and the only available food was hamburgers. I should have some kind of snack with me at all times. Well, I hadn't eaten much today, and I have worked out. I'll have salad for dinner and it won't an awful day.

I slept at the sleep lab last night with the mask on and it wasn't so bad. I do believe that I felt more rested. The preliminary results are good, that I had no loss of oxygen throughout the night. I'll know more next week.

Sandra and Nancy...did I forget anyone?

I hope that you all have a pleasant Friday night.

Rhonda