Old 03-17-2010, 09:57 AM   #16  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to more doctor tests, errands, and to see my Sister who has been laid up with sciatica for about the last two weeks.

I'm doing ok on program but had a run in with some crackers last night. Water was good and I shall bring my bottle with me today on errands.

Sandra, do you think you might have post traumatic stress syndrome from the accident? I hope you are ok.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:05 AM   #17  
Southside White Sox Fan

Free shipping ends today on Vitatops Muffins directly from the manufacturer. They freeze perfectly and last a long time.

http://www.vitalicious.com/hgmar10.h...=HGMar10_link8
Old 03-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #18  

Height: 5'4"

Vickie...That ad for the variety pack is confusing to me because it doesn't
say how many you get ??
I'll look at it again ..I am sure I am just missing it...

I am going to order some tonight...

How long will they stay fresh without freezing???

What is your favorite flavors??

The 2 ounce muffin is the same size as nutrisystem muffins but less calories.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #19  
Southside White Sox Fan

Nancy, you get 22 for $29.99. That's an awesome deal. I LOVE the deep chocolate and the cranberry. It looks like only some are included in the special kit. The only one I didn't care for was the chocolate mint but this ad says they changed the chocolate mint to make it taste better.

I always keep them in the freezer until I'm ready to eat. They thaw fast. If I'm being really impatient, I microwave for about 10-15 seconds. I don't think there are any preservatives so I wouldn't leave them defrosted for more than a day or so in the refrigerator. They are meant to be in the freezer. I may order some myself.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Doing well -- I was able to go to the Y yesterday. I started off taking it easy and kept it up and made sure I wasn't sore. I ended up getting in a full hour, so I was happy. I also did some upper arm work. I'm healing well. Thanks for those who asked!! Now, I need to get back to program. No more excuses!!!

Nancy, I love the apple bran and blue berry bran vitatops. I eat them right out of the freezer -- they dont' get hard, sort of icy in the middle. I've had them for a few months in the freezer without any problems. I think I'm going to order some today as well. I've missed having them. They are a quick snack or breakfast.

Vickie - hope you are feeling better.

Sandra - don't wait too long to get to a Dr. Its not worth your anxiety.

Maryann - HUGS to you today!

Well, got to run. BBL.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Happy St. Patrick's Day, y'all. I'm wearing green, but will not be having corned beef for dinner as I forgot to purchase one. I'm watching the local news, and a man dressed as a leprechaun robbed a bank today! How funny! I guess he was looking for a pot of gold.

We are painting again, so I gotta go. Have a great evening y'all.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Hi there. We've had a good day and are now planted in front of the television. I'm feeling really good. Vickie, I think you're right and my stress was from the wreck. I'd hate to see how I'd react if the wreck had been more severe. But--thank goodness it wasn't.

Day 3 op for me. Life is good.

Rhonda, have fun on your trip.

Maryann, for some reason I forgot to wear green. Usually we're in Louisville this week at the NFAA Indoor Nationals. Guess we're out of sync being home.

Vickie, when I was reading about your run in with crackers, I was afraid at first you'd been in a wreck. Glad it was just a kitchen collision.

Paula, Nancy, and Vickie, you're making me hungry for muffins.

I need to get off the recliner and get on the . Wish me luck.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #23  

Hey everyone.

I have been pinched all day...forgot to wear green..

I started a new routine to do my Walmart and grocery shopping on Wed night
so I have more time on Saturday for projects & family activities.

Just got done and it feels so good to know my grocery shopping is done.

I am way overstocked in my pantry and freezer though so I need to start
just shopping for fresh and eat my reserves.

I ordered my VitaMuffin Tops today ... Thanks for the info on them.
I like that they have protein and fiber in them.

Sandra ..I am glad you are feeling better..

ps. I forgot to tell you I got a really bad haircut..only good thing is that it will grow.
I gave this new stylist free rein and I so regret it...
My son said "that isn't a hair do , its a hair don't"
Shortest hair I have had since 1st grade...

Last edited by nancy237; 03-17-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:54 PM   #24  
focused and aiming

Nancy, sorry about your new "don't". You're right, though. It will grow. I didn't get pinched at all today. Don't know why. Maybe it's cuz Curtis isn't wearing green either and he's about the only one I've been around. We did have a wine cooler to celebrate. Life is good.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:09 AM   #25  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm up early.....again....but this time to get out of the way of the cleaning lady. Really, I'm blessed to have help so as to not aggravate my hiatal hernia. But, I'm so tired. I'll be back later to try to catch up a bit.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:30 AM   #26  
focused and aiming

Good morning. We're going fishing this afternoon. It should be good to get out. I'm going to fish, but I'm also going to do some reading while soaking up sunshine. Life is good.

Vickie, what kind of tests did you have yesterday?
Old 03-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #27  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Woke to a phoned call from on of my fiends to walk the bike path,but she told by my voice I was still sleeping.My arm & back are really bothering me, couldn't sleep so I took a sleeping pill. Called the othropetic doctor to check my arm and hand,as my hand is tingling and my arm, & back is hurting.Nurse asked if my chest hurt,thinking it was a heart attack,but I told her that it just my arm.I had it once before on my right arm and they called it rotary cuff tendentious .Have an appointment this Tuesday.

Going our with my girlfriend this afternoon from 1-2 PM at 3 I have to go my choir practice.

I made my corned beef yesterday and had dinner at 7:30. The meat was a little tough,and didn't fall apart like Leo used to do. I guess practice makes perfect.The cabbage & potatoes were fine.

VICKIE-Good luck at the doctors and I feeling for your sister having that painful sciatica I had it last year and boy can it hurt.

NANCY-I buy them all the time but one box and each box has 4 muffins.

PAULA-Thanks,Happy to hear your back at the Y and you don't hurt anymore I have to start exercising regular again,Need to start getting my arm muscles from getting mushy

SANDRA-Leo was the Irish one in our family and he never wore green. I just love the color,O I have several clothes in all shades of green and along with my house.

SLOAN- That funny about a leprechaun holding up a bank,looking for his pot of gold Did they catch him????

Have to go and get ready to walk with my friend.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:38 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Sad story about the Leprechaun bank robber. As he was fleeing the scene, he turned and opened fire on the police officers, so they shot and killed him! Not a good St. Patrick's Day for him at all. Funny though, he was a six foot tall leprechaun!! What could he have been thinking?

School is crazy today. Our boy's b ball team in the State Tournament, so most of the students are going to the game. We will have only a few students here this afternoon. I'm hoping to use the time to catch up on some grading!

Have a great day, y'all!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #29  

Nice day here, weather was beautiful so I took a 1 1/2 hour hike with a friend
around the lake. The time went by fast because we were talking so much.

I am back to eating my 200 calorie mini meals...

For breakfast I sautéed asparagus, & onion in a 1/2 T olive oil and added tomato and a bit of chopped up turkey deli . Then I scrambled a bit of eggbeaters and added it all together and grated a tiny bit of sharp cheese on top.
I think it should be all under 250 calories(maybe less) and it was sooo... good.

Snack was yogart with fiber and nuts added..

I am so excited because hubby just hung a hammock for me that has been in our attic for 5 years...(How dumb is that..) Does anyone else do that..procrastinate and then the actual time required to do the task is 15 minutes???
I am really looking forward to reading in the backyard in my hammock.
Maybe I need a nearby bird feeder to watch..
Old 03-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #30  
focused and aiming

Maryann, I normally wear green. Don't know how I forgot this year. I don't think I've ever eaten corned beef. I'm glad you made yours. Traditions are important.

Sloan, what a hoot about the leprechaun bandit. Let us know how your team does in the state tournament. I love basketball madness.

Nancy, I'm exhausted after being on the lake all afternoon even though we were in a boat. We're both really sunburned, but we had fun.

Vickie, how was your day. I'm guessing your home is really clean. Mine is pretty dirty.

I'm thinking it's wine cooler time. Life is good.