Old 01-31-2010, 07:38 PM   #61  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I'm so sorry but am glad your friend has you to lean on. My bp would be high, too, if it were happening to someone I loved. I can't imagine losing a child. That has to be horrific.

Rhonda, you're doing so well. You have definitely heard the click.

Sloan, do you have school tomorrow? Will you know before morning?

Angela, congratulations on being sugar free. You have a lot of willpower.

Nancy, I am really enjoying getting to see you. Thank you again for posting your photo.

Now isn't this amazing? I may be finished whining about my hip.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:42 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Vickie, that's sad news. I have a friend who never smoked, was never around tobacco, and has advanced, incurable lung cancer. It's very rough, indeed. Good for you for being available.

I've been able to stay around 1400 calories today. It wasn't all Core, but it's not been too bad. Taking a nap helped

I had big plans to exercise again today, but well, you know how that can go sometimes.

So, a 17 year old wants to drive on ice?! Oh, boy. Good luck with that!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:25 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks. I've had a very productive day in spite of being up in the middle of the night. DD and I did a Leslie Sansone walking video on comcast this morning, and we were very proud of ourselves. After our exercise, I spent the better part of the day cleaning out and organizing my sewing room. It is about 6x8 but is sort of T shaped, and it was stuffed full!! Several hours and three jumbo trash bags later, it was done. We have not been out since the snow came cause our drive way is extremely steep and about 1/4th of a mile long. DS tried to drive up this afternoon, but gave up on that idea when he started to fish tail. I'm glad he was a chicken and just walked up.

Nancy, my DS (almost 20 years old) drove today, but the roads were slushy not icy. He will have class tomorrow from 6p to 8p, and I'm not looking forward to that as the roads may be frozen by that time. He is pretty cautious, so I'm thankful for that.

Sandra, we do not have school tomorrow, and I already have plans to strip wallpaper in the dining room. Wish me luck. Oh yea, I may do the walking video again, too!

Rhonda, we should have talked this morning. I did not fall asleep until after four am. I have not had a nap today, though, so I'll probably sleep better tonight. Hope you do, too!

Vickie, prayers for your friend have already been sent. Let us know how things are going.

Hi Maryann and Angela!!

TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:24 AM   #64  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, it's probably good that you took a day off from exercising. You don't want to burn out. Sounds like you did great with the eating.

Sloan, you're getting a lot done. Everything's working out well for you for getting things done.

Just snacked on a banana. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote