Old 01-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks! We had a snow day yesterday, and DD was off from work. We stayed in our pj's all day

Nancy, we have lots of snow, too! I think we are up to about 5 inches, and it is still coming down. I don't know about NC, but in Nashville everything is closed, including the malls! I'm glad you are noticing an improvement in Robin. I don't know if you remember, but myDH has had two back surgeries. Sometimes he gets down and does not even realize that he is improving! I have even thought about keeping a calendar to show him how much he has improved. Hang in there! I know it is really hard to be the encourager all the time, so if you need to vent just let it fly!!!

I hope the rest of you chickies are having a great day and are staying warm. I'll check in later
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:37 AM   #47  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Not going out this morning as the temps when I woke up ,was 9%. Going to work on getting all my taxable items ready for the my accountant.We had a lot of medical bills last year.

Than I have to get going and get Leo's & mine clothes that doesn't fit in a bag for the Big brothers Big sisters that pick up at the curb.

So there's going to be lots of things to do today to keep me busy and out of trouble.

Had a great time with my with my new friends we all met at the BBC [British Beer Company]pub. Got home at 3 PM,than some how the day few by and its was time to start supper.

SLOAN-Lat night I didn't need the sleeping pills as I slept alike a baby.
I will be careful now I learned to keep my cell phone strapped to my side,so its easy to reach when I in trouble.

NANCY-Hoping that I don't have to take them every night as I don't like taking any kind of pills especially sleeping pills. Going to use them in future when I really need them.

Can't believe its a 11:30 AM and now it time for me to get going,have a nice morning,will try to get back this afternoon.that's if I don't get involved with the golf tournament.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:49 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning:

There's a lot of snow out there in Coreland! We even had a little bit here last night.

I've been to aquafit and am off with DH to do some errands. I'm trying for a low calorie day today.

Have a great day everyone...BBL
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #49  

Height: 5' 10"

Wow, everyone has the snow but MA, where it should be. ITs just COOOLLLD today. Went to the Y at 7am, it was a whopping 7 degrees, dropped to 5 by the time I drove there. I did go 50 minutes again on the elliptical, burned close to 500 calories. I also found an ab-crunch machine. I'm going to do reps on that each time I go -- better than sit ups! Got home at 8, got dd to gymnastics by 10, ran errands and was home by noon. I'm taking DD to swim at the Y at 3:30. I'm hoping her friend will come too, that way I don't have to go in......but so far no call back. So I may be swimming. Oh well, should be fun.

Maryann, good luck on the taxes. We don't see our accountant until early April. I need to clean out some clothes as well, dd's mostly. For some reason she keeps getting taller! I ask her to shrink, but she won't.

Off to get laundry done, then I need to take care of a bikini line (not that I'll ever be in one of those). Have a good rest of the day.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:54 PM   #50  
focused and aiming

Paula, we don't have any snow but have some ice in puddles all over the yard.

I'm going for a massage in a few minutes. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:21 PM   #51  

Lazy, lazy, lazy. I have done nothing but sit and knit. DD colored and trimmed my hair, and we made some plans to paint and decorate her room. The snow has not melted one little bit, and I'm starting to wonder about school for Monday.

Maryann, I'm glad you had a good night. Sounds like things are going well.

Paula, you sound busy! Did you have to swim?

Sandra, a massage sounds delightful!

Hey to the rest of you chickies!! Have a cozy night!
Old 01-30-2010, 08:29 PM   #52  
focused and aiming

I am home. My massage was more medical than pampering. I have a good friend who's a masseuse (sp) She told me my pelvis was torqued and was pinching nerves on my right side. She was right! She worked on me an hour and I'm feeling much much better than I have in weeks. I go back Wed for her to work on me some more. Life is definitely wonderful!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:49 PM   #53  

Hi everyone! I'm still here...just been busy the last few days.

Sandra, I'm glad the massage helped your hip feel better!

Vickie, definitely post pics of the new paint.

I am so very glad tomorrow is the last day of January. There's something so nice about knowing each day we're heading closer to spring, although here in Iowa that doesn't hit till mid-late March.

I'm still doing well with my goal of not eating sugar. I think more carbs have been sneaking in, and making me feel like overeating. I need to get back to planning out each meal before I eat it and making sure I have a decent amount of protein each meal.

My next doctor's appointment is on Monday, so we shall see where I'm at weight-wise then.

Hope everyone stays nice and warm, and meets their goals this week!

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:53 PM   #54  

I managed to stay low calorie, having only about 1200. It was a real struggle, especially tonight. I had some popcorn in those 100 calorie bags.

I spent most of the day at home since in the end I didn't go out with DH while he ran errands, including getting a new computer. I unpacked more boxes and got the bedroom almost finished.

Sandra, I'm glad your hip is better.

Sloan, that sounds like an almost perfect day.

Paula, and why not a bikini someday???

Good night all,
Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 01-31-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:59 AM   #55  

Almost 3:00 am!! What is wrong with me? Oh well, I'm glad tomorrow is Sunday, and I can take a nap.

Rhonda, I think my "almost perfect" day may be the problem. I did not nap, but I sure was lazy. I'll be sure and get more exercise today so I can sleep better tonight.

Last edited by sloanie; 01-31-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:59 AM   #56  

I was awake at 4AM, and I had not taken a nap. But, I went to bed at 10PM, so I'm not suffering too much. It is a good time for all of those tasks you don't want to do. I've been filing papers!

I'm going for two low calorie days in a row. That won't be easy since we go out for breakfast on Sunday with the family members. It's hard to avoid those biscuits sometimes!

Also, today I'm not going to have any "bad" snacks. I'll stay strictly CORE! Wish me luck.

I hope everyone's day goes well.

Rhonda
Old 01-31-2010, 09:02 AM   #57  

Good luck Rhonda! It sure is hard when people are "enjoying" all around you, but I know you can do it!

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:27 AM   #58  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Sorry I never got back the other day. I'm trying to put my house back together and it's harder and more work than I thought. We decided to wash all of the cabinets in the newly painted rooms and all of the "stuff" before we put it back away. And then we also decided to make sure we wanted to keep each item before we put it back in.

I'm doing ok on program but I also have a crisis I'm dealing with which is why I can't stay now. The little Sister of one of my closest girlfriends is dying of lung cancer. She's a smoker, and has been since she was 14, but she's only 42. It's stage 4 and in both lungs and she's been on a respirator for over a week. She has no husband and her estranged 22 year old Son and my GF are trying to decide what to do. Horrible and so upsetting. My GF asked us to go out to have lunch with her today so she can blow off some steam. Unfortunately, she picked the place and we agreed. I'll be as good as I can but it's really not about me right now. My GF's BP is sky high even though she's on medicine. She's seeing her Doctor often through this and he put her on more medicine temporarily. She and her family can use a couple of prayers and good thoughts if you can spare them. This is what we all put up with I guess to pay for the times when life is so sweet and good.

Enjoy your lives everyone! Trust that I care about all of you and hope you are doing well. I'll be back as soon as I can.

Last edited by Vickie; 01-31-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:46 PM   #59  

Vickie...Prayers sent your way...I am so glad your girlfriend has you right now to lean on

I was terrible with my eating yesterday. I had bought some special "snow day" foods for my son and I did not resist them very well.
I can resist sweets but salty chips and stuff are my weakness.

My 17 year old is very angry about us not letting him drive today on the icy
roads. Robin worked with him yesterday to learn to drive on the snow, so now he thinks he is an expert and we cannot make him understand that the roads today are ice which is different than snow.
I sure miss snow days when the kids were little and it was all about
hot chocolate, sledding in the neighborhood, and keeping their
clothes dry!!!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:15 PM   #60  
beachbum

Oh Vickie I'm So Sorry To Hear This. My New Friend From The Bereavement Group Lost Here Dh 3 Months To Lung Cancer,i Believe He Was In Stage 4 Also. Leo Thank Goodness Was In Stage 3a And Was Able To Be With Me 3 More Years.

Hope That Her Son & Girlfriend Will Be Get Things Done
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote