Old 11-14-2009, 07:58 PM   #31  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I'm praying for you. Please keep us posted. We care about you--a lot!

Rhonda, my weight bobbed back up today. It was down most of the week--then we helped Derik celebrate his birthday last night. Life goes on.

Maryann, I got worried about you when you talked about the nor-easter being there today. If you need to cry, do so. I think it helps to let everything out. Thanks for the tip on the movie.

We competed in a tournament today. Now we are settled in after getting home from a pancake supper. I took sf syrup to have with mine, but I'm thinking I overdid the eating anyway.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I am thinking of you. Please do what you need to do and let us help you by giving you support and love.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, just got in from my "girl weekend". We had a great time, dinner, shopping, pj's all day on Saturday, and generally gabbing. I'm not going to weigh, but I know I have some work to do before my weight gets out of control.

Sandra, love your new pic. You are beautiful!

Maryann, stay snug and don't worry about crying. It is important for the healing process. I hope the 19th is not too painful. That might be a great day to plan something fun with your friends to celebrate your life with Leo.

Rhonda, hope you got some rest.

Vickie, I'm so sorry to hear about your kidney issues. My dad has chronic renal failure but has not gotten to the point of having dialysis. I can't imagine how worried you are. We are all praying for you. Let us know how you are!

Hey to the rest of you chickies! TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:10 AM   #34  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a nice Sunday,went to church met my friends for brunch and than to the playhouse to see Oliver.I had a full day,so decided to go to bed early and to my surprise I did couldn't sleep just tossed & turned.Have people all around me but I still feel every alone. Maybe a bereavement group is what I could really need now.

The storm that we had was called NOR-IDA a combo of nor'easter and the topical storm Ida that passed up this way. Lots of wind and rain but no damage her on the Cape.

SANDRA-Thanks I think the crying is a way to release tension and depression. Don't want to fall in that category,as it would be very unhealthy.

SLOANE-My sister will be with me on the 19th,so at least I won't be alone on that day.It happened so fast,I didn't have time to think,and now he gone,but not forever.He'll always be alive in my heart.

Going to get back to sleep as I have a busy schedule tomorrow. Night all.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:46 AM   #35  

Height: 5' 10"

Maryann - a bereavement group may be what you need. I had a loss 8 years ago (we lost our infant son). The grief process is long and very personal. I had a great support around me that helped me through it all. You need to find the right support for you -- it could be on line, church, a bereavement group or maybe support from the local senior center.

Sloan, your girl weekend sounds wonderful. Glad you had a great time.

Sandra - love the new picture!

Well, its going to be a busy week at work for me, which makes the whole week daunting. DD has 1/2 days Wed - Friday. Its teacher conference week. I'm meeting with her teacher on Wednesday night. I'm hoping to not have the same type of meeting as in the past. Not sure if you recall from last year how her kindergarten teacher was convinced she was ADD -- which she is not. She is a bright kid who gets bored easily. I think the class structure she is in this year should be helping -- I think its helping. I'm also assuming that if there were attention issues the teacher would have reached out to me before now. Especially since I raised my concerns with her kindergarten teacher with the principal last year (thats why she is in the multi age program). I'm hoping for the best but prepared for the same old disucssion.

Well, got to get ready for a meeting. BBL.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:43 AM   #36  
focused and aiming

Maryann, a bereavement group would probably be very beneficial. I'm glad you have friends nearby. Let them help you. We're having high winds today but no storms. Fall is definitely here. I'm wanting to go to the movies but doubt we will. There are a couple of films out I'd like to see.

Paula, I hope your conference goes well. I think you're right and you would have been contacted already if DD has been having attention problems.

Sloan, your weekend sounds wonderful. You're a lucky woman.

So far I'm not scheduled for subbing this week. Guess I need to go shopping and spend some of my earnings. I'm thinking of getting another pair of MBT shoes. The ones I have are awesome! I feel like I'm walking on clouds. They are very casual, though, and I am thinking of getting some MBT Mary Janes or something else to wear with slacks. The ones I have need to be worn with shorts or jeans.

Thank you for the compliments on the photo.
Have a magnificent Monday, Chickies.

Last edited by ontarget; 11-16-2009 at 11:12 AM.