Old 11-04-2009, 10:22 PM   #31  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'll bet you're getting some cute clothes. Makes me smile.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chicks, I'm off to a curriculum conference this morning. It's nice to get together with other teachers and "talk shop". So far, I've walked two mornings this week and plan to walk tomorrow morning. My eating has been way more controlled but still could be better. I'm really trying to make better choices.

I have a prayer request for you all. My DD is still working through the mess with the ex BF. The regular order of protection is really causing her problems with class and general moving around campus. It has made her so uncomfortable that she is considering dropping it altogether. She assures us that she is not having second thoughts about him. She is just uncomfortable with all of the restrictions. I plan on talking to her today about asking the judge for a "social contact" order of protection which allows them to be around eachother at school and for chorale events but still restrains him from any agressive behavior toward her. I feel like this is a good compromise, but I'm not sure she will go for it. Her dad and I both feel like dropping the order sends the wrong message. Please pray for her to be open to the "social contact" order. The hearing is on Nov. 10, so she needs to make a decision very soon. I love you guys and know that you have powerful prayers!

I'll check in with y'all after my conference this afternoon. Have a great day, chicks!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:05 AM   #33  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sheesh, Rhonda. You should keep us better posted...or maybe it snuck up on me. I report every .2 I lose! Anyway, I've very encouraged and proud of you. Exercise is key even though I hate to admit it. I'm walking in spite of the hammy soreness. I just try to warm up good.

I'm off the treadmill for the day. We have lots of things to do today so I couldn't procrastinate. I just had to get it done.

Hope you all have a beautiful and easy on program day.

Mary Ann....I don't know how to make it easier for you but I wish I could.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #34  

Happy Thursday Morning Ladies!

I introduced myself in a seperate thread yesterday because I wasn't sure how y'all do it... but my name is Lara and I'm attempting to get back on the wagon again instead of being drug behind! I'm a former Corbie who got 5lbs from goal and allowed my emotions to take over and derail all of my efforts. I'd love to jump right in if y'all are up for a newbie!

~Lara
CheyLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:25 AM   #35  

Do you ladies ever post your menus? It's always helped me int he past to keep me on track as well as to get ideas from others as to what they're eating!
CheyLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:51 AM   #36  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sloan, the compromise sounds like it makes a lot of sense. She's been very mature through this whole thing so I bet it will make sense to her too. I'll pray it all works out.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #37  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Lara! I'm glad you came over to our chat thread. Just jump in and jump ON the wagon. We are great at hauling Chickies onto the wagon.

We used to post our menus every day but kind of got away from it. I bet the Chicks would be willing. I'm not pure Core at the moment but much of my day is.

Hope you enjoy it here.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

Lara. Posting daily food journals sounds good to me.

I'm not true Core right now. Would it bother anyone if I posted what I'm eating anyway? I'm mainly eating WW TV dinners and fruit and salads whenever possible. I am down 9 pounds from August. I just started the TV dinner routine yesterday. I'm going to give it a week to see what happens. I am needing to shake things up. Does this make sense?
Old 11-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #39  
focused and aiming

Just a comment on my "new" avatar. It was taken in 2006--30 lbs lighter. I'm hoping looking at it will inspire me. Not only was I lighter, but I was more active. This photo was taken atop a high pinnacle. The "bushes" down below me are really the tops of tall pine trees.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #40  
Southside White Sox Fan

Love the picture AND the sentiment. You will reach that pinnacle again my friend.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks. I have not had "the talk" with DD, so I'll have to let you know later how that goes. I've had two days of "off core" lunches, but otherwise I'm eating core. Tonight I'm having sticky chicken, corn, green beans, and cooked apples with sugarfree syrup and cinnamon. I'm getting hungry, so I can't wait until it's done.

Maryann, I'm sending you lots of love and hugs. Don't forget we are here for you.

Sandra, I love the avatar. It is more inspiring to me to look at photos of myself at goal than photos where I'm too heavy. The photo is very inspiring! You will reach the top again! I don't think anyone will mind if we each post what we are eating even if it's not core.

Vickie, thanks for the prayers. This is just sooooooo stressful! Hope your busy day went well!

Lara, welcome! We have some great chicks here. Stick around, and let us know how we can help.

Hey to the rest of you chicks!

BBL that sticky chicken is calling my name!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #42  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sloan, do we have a recipe for the sticky chicken? Sounds like something I'd love.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Lara. I don't mind posting, but not today's meal at lunch! (thin crust pizza!) I'll start tomorrow. It will help me too.

Sandra, great picture!

Vikie, all the exercise people I'm now around still say that it is mostly diet! But, I'm with you. When I move, I lose.

Sloan, I'll do all the praying I can. She will be sending the wrong message if she backs off. He will interpret it as she does like him and that she's sorry. She'll be giving him "permission." Sorry...

I'm so tired tonight that I'm going to bed now!

Take care.

Maryann
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:39 AM   #44  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good morning chicks. I'm up early because I couldn't sleep. My mind is racing and I have a million things to do. Believe it or not my left ear is killing me again. I have an appointment today with a new ENT to hope that he can spot what others have missed.

I'll be back later to catch up. Somewhere I have to fit in my exercise, make a dessert, wrap some gifts and do laundry. Thank God I don't have to fit work in too.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #45  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

All is quite for now,our friend from Eng is here,and helping me get to soc sur office and getting information how to transfers the bank accounts.He going back home on Sun or Mon.

I decided to stay up here in Cape Cod, even though my family & in laws want me to come back to NY with them again.

The funeral is going to be private, next Thursday for me than the children,but now my dd thinks that one of my grandchildren has the swine flu. She collapsed in my dd arms as just getting off the school bus. The DGD had 103 fever.Hope that DD & DS can come up for the burial,but if they can't I certainly understand.

My sister is coming up again and help me with getting rid of Leo's clothes and stuff that I wouldn't need any more.
I'm going down to be down in NY the Monday before Thanksgiving and stay until the Monday after.

Thanks for all your cards and good thought that you posted to me, I really appreciate them.

That's all for now,will post to you a when I have a chance.

Hugs,Maryann

Last edited by beach bum; 11-06-2009 at 02:42 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote