Old 01-09-2009, 08:26 AM   #31  

Height: 5' 10"

Sandra, I don't think I did anything specific to change my mind set. I think back and a lot had to do with a focus on being healthy and eating in a way that was a good role model for my dd. Also, I got rid of all my larger clothes. I had gone from large size 16s (I would never buy an 18) to fitting nicely in a 12. As I got down and bought new clothes, all my larger things went out to charity. That was a big trick for me -- there was no going back. So when my 12s get tight I need to do something -- as now it will kill me to buy a 14. Yes, I'm very hung up on numbers. In my life I've always been a larger size girl and 12s were NEVER in my wardrobe.

Well, I'm working from home today. DD is home sick from school. Still a slight fever and now coughing. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #32  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Leo bought himself a weather/radio station,as his hobby is meteorology.We according to the reports we are going to get another snow storm this weekend staying tomorrow afternoon & into Sunday.Going out to get the stables like milk & bread.

Was going to get a bussed hair cut but I think I'll wait until next week some time. My DD always like the way I used to style my hair when I was younger and had at pix of me with it.So if my hairstyles agrees with my DD I will get the new style.

PAULA-Thanks, I will try the the cooking pudding and let you know if I like it not. Sound good enough,just to hear that's is creamy then the other kind.

SANDRA-Yes I think you you can eat more especially with exercising.I always forget about my A/P and I do have lots of them exercising 6 days a week.I find just going up a few points or calories keep me from being hungry and I don't need to mindlessly eat while watching tv. You did great,having those extra points left at the end of the week. Congrats on you managing that. Best wishes on your W-I.

Have to go and get my staples
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #33  

Good morning ladies. Thanks for the warm welcome.

I was a skinny kid and never really had a weight problem until I reached my 40's. When I got into the 160's, I joined WW. Then I gained it all back, plus 10 more. Then I tried SBD. Gained it back, plus 10 more. Am I seeing a pattern here? Yep.

I rejoined WW in Oct. 07 and quit attending meetings in July 08. I rejoined, again, this past Monday. I did Core and now will follow Simply Filling technique. I hate to track, but I am doing it for a couple weeks, so I can see where the problem lies. I believe it's my snacking in the evening.

I have CAD and I know I need to eat healthy and no if's, and's or but's about it. It's a lifestyle for me now, not a diet. I got rid of all my big clothes too.

I hope to do personals as I get to know everyone. I'm glad this is a small board, so I can keep up.

Have a great day.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

Pam, it's not always easy to keep up here even with the board's being fairly small. Some days there's a lot of activity here. Last night I couldn't even get on, but that was for the whole 3fc site.

Paula, I guess I need to wear more fitting clothes. I can wear several sizes.

Maryann, what does bussed hairstyle mean? I'm out of the loop.

I'm off in a few minutes to go get the girls from school. I've enjoyed picking them up each afternoon this week. We've had a lot of "girl time."

We did 20 minutes today. I had a loss at wi. Life is good.

Have a good evening, everybody. I'll be back tonight. I'm not sure if I'm taking the puter this weekend to Houston or not. (I prob will.)
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #35  

Sandra, congrats on the loss! WOO HOO! Why not pack up the larger, looser clothes and get them out of your closet. Out of sight....maybe that will help you keep on the right track. I have one pair of jeans that when I'm going the wrong way they get uncomfortable. When I drop that bit of weight, they fit great. Just a suggestion.

Pam, what is CAD? I do also love this board. Its been great to get to know everyone. We share more than just weight loss issues.

Well, my day working from home is over. Its nice to know it works out so well. I was on the phone most of the day, with dd being older she can entertain herself more. I've got to love the fact she won't change the channel on the TV without asking. That was really the only interuption I had from her when I was on the phone. She is still spiking a fever, not so bad. I'm keeping her medicated - Robitussin for her cough and Ibuprophen for her fever. Thank goodness its the weekend.. I'm praying she is better by Monday.

Well, got to start thinking about dinner. BBL
Old 01-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #36  
beachbum

SANDRA-the hair style looks like a razor cut on the sides and back.I had that hair style about 18 years ago and my DD like the cut.When I called my DD and told her I was getting it done next week she than talked me into getting it done tomorrow. Congrats on your weigh-in.

http://www.elle.com/Beauty/Hair/Hott...4/(play)/false[Its going to be a lot shorter on the top than the models is going to be]

PAULA-Sorry that your DD is still not feeling well. I remember those days & sleepless nights. Hope she on the mend real soon.

Have a nice evening

Last edited by beach bum; 01-09-2009 at 05:01 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:37 PM   #37  

Sandra, congrats on a weight loss this week.

Paula, I hope your DD feels better soon. CAD is coronary artery disease. I had a blockage and stent placed a year ago last July. It took me over a year to get my cholesterol numbers where they need to be. Eating healthy and exercising is just something I need to do to stay in good health.

Maryann, that is a cute style. Wish I could try something different, but I have thick wavy hair, and it has a mind of it's own.

Getting ready to make dinner.

Last edited by pam920; 01-09-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #38  

Hi Everyone
WELCOME PAM920. It is nice to have you here.
BEACHBUM How exciting a new hair cut. Guess we are getting some snow this weekend too. Or maybe freezing rain. Just depends on how the storm goes. Hope we dont get anything. And then we get colder weather next week. YUCK!!!!
BLESSEDWITHSARAH hope your little one gets to feeling better. Guess there is alot of stuff going around now.
ONTARGET Congrats on the loss. That is awesome.
TEJAS Thanks for the info you posted. You have given me alot to think about. Looking forward to more post.
VICKIE How are you doing. How's your weather there. We are suppose to be getting some snow this weekend. Thinking of you.
Well I better get off here.
Need to go put the towels in the dryer.
I am thinking of everyone.
Everyone be careful out there this weekend.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Sandra, congrats on the loss and "break a leg" at the tourney (I'm sure that archers have some other expression, but that's all I know).

SO, after a loonnnggg week I was looking forward to DH picking me up at the subway and going out to dinner. I was planning the meal: fish, salad, and maybe white wine. He was there but the car wouldn't start!

He was so unhappy I decided to be as cheerful as I could be (isn't love grand). After we called CAA, I said "let's have a picnic!" I walked to a local pub and got us cheeseburgers, fries and drinks. So, we sat in the cold car, in 19F temperature and ate our burgers (I ate only half and just a few fries).

Then, he told me that the new boiler at home had quit working and that the temperature in the house was down to 62! He had tried to get it restarted but wasn't successful. Oh well, I thought, we have some back-up electric heat and an electric blanket. We won't die even though the temperatures are supposed to get even worse.

The good end of the story is: we have a new car battery, we had dinner together, and he was able to start the boiler for the radiators in the house.

Nothing to complain about....

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:27 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

15F, now there's something to complain about. Thank goodness DH fixed the boiler last night!

Have a great day everyone. I'm going to the gym later even though it's too cold to even think about going outside.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #41  

Rhonda, we are only about 19F here. Its cold! I'm gald you were able to get the house and car fixed. Maybe you can have that nice dinner tonight.

Pam, thanks for the explaination. I'm gald your getting healthy. Thats whats important.

Well, DD was up quite a bit last night. Her fever spiked to 103 at about 2am. She was complaining of her ears and throat hurting. So, I didn't get much sleep and I was planning on heading to the pediatrician this morning. Well, she seems soooo much better this morning. Still a low grade fever, but she just had 2 boiled eggs, mango and toast. She's missing a birthday party today. Oh well, they'll be more. The busy social calendar of a kindergartener!

Well, I suppose I should get in the shower. I'm sticking around the house again. I'm going to get dh to give me a couple hour break. I can run to target and maybe get a pedicure. BBL
Old 01-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #42  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDRA!! Hope its a great day.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #43  
Southside White Sox Fan

Happy Birthday to You. Happy Birthday to You. Happy Birthday dear Sandra. Happy Birthday to You!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day full of presents and a wonderful Core birthday cake
that you can eat with lots of friends and family .

I hope you whole year is worthy of a special person like you.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies,

Pam - I am working toward learning to eat healthy myself. I look forward to getting to know you. This is a great place for encouragment.

Sandra - Hope you have a great one.

Rhonda - Thanks for the motivation info. Really put me to thinking. Glad the car and the boiler is fixed. too cold for me. Have a good day and maybe you and DH can go out tonight.

Coco, Maryann, Paul and others I missed - Have a great day and stay warm.

I have been counting pts doing Momentum and it isn't working. I'm not losing weight. I decided today that it isn't working for me because it is too easy to eat junk or processed stuff. I've been thinking anyone who could keep weight down during 2 holidays should be able to do better now that the holidays are over. So today I switched to the Core/Simply Filling program. I started over as if I haven't ever dieted making today my WI day. I really like the idea that once I get the water, fruits/veggies, dairy and good oils (basics/Core) marked off that I can quit. I don't have to take another bite. So I am going strickly Simply Filling foods. Going to work aa eating very little if any of the WPA and no AP. This will be much healthier as well as much easier. I hate tracking points because either I get through eating for the day and there are points to use or I get hungry because I've probably eaten some junk or processed foods that triggers me and there aren't enough pts. So I think this will work better for me.

Y'all have a great weekend.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 01-10-2009 at 01:36 PM.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #45  

Good afternoon everyone.

Trish, nice to meet you. I have always done Core and now SF, but I went into etools and switched it to Momentum, so I can track my points. I know I was eating too many snacks and this is keeping me accountable. I'm only doing it for a couple weeks and then will do SF. I very seldom stray from the Simply Filling foods.

Paula, I hope your daughter is on the road to recovery. My granddaughter has been fine during the day, but at night, she is coughing, etc.

coco, hope you didn't get too much snow. It's 52 here, but I think they mentioned snow this weekend. I'm originally from Michigan and always hated the snow.

Rhonda, glad you got the boiler fixed. I don't know if I could stand the bitter cold. It has been a cold winter for us, but I just stay inside as much as possible.

Sandra, , Happy Birthday. Hope you have a fun day.

Me, I'm so sore. I bought the Walking Away the Pounds with the waist belt and did that yesterday. Plus I tried to do the 30 day Shred video by Jillian Michaels. That one is too hard and I only made it through 1/2 of it and gave up. Every muscle is hurting. I did manage to do 2 miles on my treadmill this morning. I'm being lazy today and playing on my computer.

Hope everyone stays safe and warm.