Old 09-29-2008, 08:48 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 10"

Default Core Chat - Sept 29 to October 4th

New pages!!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:55 AM   #2  

Good morning! Another week - and its a new month this week!! Quiet week around here - not too many food challenges. I have an off site meeting on Wed with lunch. It should be OK, they usually have salads and healthy choices. Of course there are tons of cookies and pastries for snacks. I'll stick with the fruit.

I found another new breakfast idea - found the recipe on I think Heather's site. Its a no cook oatmeal. You mix 1 cup plain ff yogurt with 1 cup rolled oats (1 to 1 ratio -- I actually did 3/4 cup of each). Let sit in the fridge overnight, then its ready the next morning. I was skeptical making it -- very odd when you mix it up. When I made it last night I added vanilla and splenda. Then I put frozen blue berries on the top. It was actually very good. Not like a yougurt and fruit, very thick and filling. The berries were a nice addition.

Tech - congrats on the loss. I hope DH continues to get better. His sick feeling probably had to do with what he ate. If thats the first thing he had in a few days.......Maybe more bland things to start.

Well, got to get some things done. BBL
Old 09-29-2008, 10:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all:

I've changed my goal to something I think I have a chance of doing: one pound a week. It means better food choices, giving up on wine being a fruit , and more exercise

Yesterday was quite the food challenge for me, but I was able to stick to mostly protein, veggies and fruit. That means that while everyone else was eating a hearty meal last night I had soup and salad. The only soup available was cream of mushroom, but it had to be a better choice than white pasta!

Congratulations, Donna, for your successful loss. Your poor hubby...and YOU too!

We're leaving the end of this week for NM and Texas. We'll have someone stay in the house with the doggie Jake and off we'll go. (Sandra, I'll send you our schedule.)

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey y'all
I'm reading all of the posts since Friday; you guys have been busy.

Nancy-I had you on my mind yesterday, and I look at the board today and there you are! I'm so glad to hear from you. Good news, you still have a chance to beat me to 130. I've been at 131-133 for about two months. I'm frustrated, but still not exercising, so it's in my control.

Barb-turning the heel is not as hard as it looks. Once you do it in class, you will have it down. I hope DH perks up soon! Keep knitting, it's therapeutic!

BBL
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #5  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I must have caught the sleepless night disease.Had it bad tossing & turning and having hot flashes that I had to kick the covers off. Woke up late this morning and now everything I planned for the day is going to be either put on hold or done later on this afternoon.

One thing I'm happy about that I sneaked peaked on the scale and I'm down a couple of pounds since I started the WP on Friday.Hopefully it will go down further by Thursday's W-I,and if that the case I will have to watch my grain carbs now & in the future.

PAULA-You're right about the Joseph Brand I for got about them when on WW.I used to use them when I was low carbing.

DONNA-Sorry to hear your DH is nauseous and doesn't want to eat. May they could give him ensure .Leo was now that until he got his appetite back. Good News about your weight loss You're doing great even under this stress of having your DH in the hospital.

SAMMI-That happens to all of us from time to time. Weekend are the worse for me also,even though I retired and home all the time. Its the TV that I watch with mindless eating and snacking. I beat that a couple of weeks ago by having raw veggies with ff dress on them while watching the TV. I started to eat soy beef & chix from Morning Star meal starters and put ketchup on them for taste. I found protein satisfying the hunger mode.

Have to go get my dinner started

Hugs
Old 09-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'll be watching for your schedule. It'll be good to see you both. Your goal sounds very doable. Just think how you'll look and be feeling by Christmas.

Paula, that breakfast recipe sounds good. Thanks for sharing.

We just hanging out here at home today. Curtis called the man who's going to do the dirtwork on our yard. I will be so glad to get some flowerbeds.

Eating's going well. Tomorrow is wi. That's about all I know right now.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #7  

Coco just posted on last week's board..might want to catch up with her. I don't have her private e address; maybe she'll catch up.

Sorry you didn't sleep well Maryann. Vickie and I "hear you!"

Hope all are well. I had a good day, staying on Core and walked a lot.

Rhonda
Old 09-30-2008, 07:44 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Going to make this fast as I have to dress Leo port wound before we go for chemo this morning.
Well come back later and read what went on with you gals yesterday.

Hugs
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:07 AM   #9  

Morning all:

Maryann, I hope it is going well with the dressing changes. I remember when I was doing that for my late husband. We were both so nervous at first: terrified of infection! But, that was never the problem, of course.

I have an easy day today, thank goodness. I'm cleaning up around my messy desk, going to work, and sneaking out for a movie. We're going to go see Appaloosa with a friend.

Have a great OP day!

Rhonda
Old 09-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190.2/163/135

Default Finally back!

Hello everyone. I used to be a member of the WW board when I got to goal last time.

This time around, I'm finding much more success with Core and am half-way to goal. I am in need of a pep-talk though. I just got back from a business trip, and although I walked, I didn't have much control over my eating. So I headed to one of my favorite meetings this morning and found that my Leader has quit. It was a HUGE blow. She was on core and we had so many similarities that she always made me feel like I could make it.

So, Friday is my usual weigh-in and I'm not fond of that leader. So I'm just bummed. Other than re-joining this site, I've jotted down my short term goals and need to head to the grocery store to restock my refridge.

Anyway...HELLO!!!
Cubalibre7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:55 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone
Dummy me. See I posted on the wrong thread again. I forgot it was time to do a new one.
Not much going on here.
Kinda dreary. And trying to rain. And cool.
Has anyone tried the Progresso WW soups. Hubby and I had some today. I had a beef one. For the whole can it was 3 points. I am not sure that it is core. So counting points. Will have to check and see if it has a check mark on it or not. Anyway. It wasnt too bad. Need to go to the store and get some veggies and make the WW soup. This would be a good week for it.
Well I need to go check on some towels in the dryer.
Will be back later.
Hope everyone has a great day.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:44 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Cuba. You're at the right place. Just hang in there with meetings. They are important.

I went to WW this AM and was up a pound. This week I'll do better with portion control. I'm not worried. I know I need to focus on doing program. It would have been nice to have had a loss--but life goes on.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:15 PM   #13  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Got home from the chemo center around 2PM another dinner that was late again. I put the dressing on Leo and than we left for the center.

Nothing new I'm just tired, of the long hours spent at the center,but being with Leo is better than staying home and wondering what going on.

SANDRA-We always ask the lawn keepers to trim our flowering bushes in the front garden. The does it for a reasonable price.The weeding is not necessary as we have periwinkle ground covering surrounding the bushes. Sorry about your gain,did you watch your sodium intake,thats what alway does me in.

RHONDA-Got my sleep last night but now I extremely tire like I posted above.Exercised every day but not with walking just biking,stepping ,biking. Thanks the dress went fine,they only thing I forgot to do was to take off the crazy glue that they use now a days for incisions.The nurse took care of that and than all went well.

CUBA-Welcome to the board I know the core plan is butter than the flex,so I think. I right now at a plateau of some kind so this week I doing the Wendie Plan as lost 2 lb so far. My W-I its this Thursday. Than this Friday I back to the Core Plan. I know what you mean its very hard to get that special Leader,I'm lucky I have one of those,even if she on the flex plan.

COCO-We all make mistakes now & than glad that you found us. I used to use the Progresso soups that have the WW point systems on them but to me they're to much sodium in them for me. I found that Campbell Select Harvest Lite has 1/2 the sodium in them. I have a Italian-Style Veggie soup that has 480 mg sodium,where Progresso has 740MG.

Have a nice afternoon

Hugs
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #14  

CUBALIBRE7
BEACHBUM know what you mean about sitting around in the hospital. It makes you more tired then if you had worked. Glad hubby got along with chemo. And good job with the dressing. I know the first few times doing it can be scary. I didnt pay much attention to the salt in the progresso soup. Just seen it was WW. I know I will have to watch it. As I tend to retain fluid easy. So maybe having it today. I will have it out of my system by Monday. I will have to check out the soup you said. How many points or is it core.
ONTARGET Sorry about the gain. But I know you will get focused and have it off next week.
TEJAS how was your movie. I havent been to a movie in a good while. In fact I am not even sure what movie I saw last. Will have to ask son. Because he went with me.
BLESSEDWITHSARAH I will have to get some ff plain yogurt and try the oat thing. I am not really crazy about the ff plain. I sometimes get some ff vanilla yogurt and then just count the points.
SLOANIE Hope you had a great day.
Well I am going to get off here for now.
Hope everyone has a nice relaxing evening.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:43 PM   #15  

Hi everyone. Had a good day today. Did errands, and had a dr appt. I met my sister for lunch - got a chopped veggie salad with grilled chicken, topped it with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It was an italian restaurant which now serves WW pasta! I'm thrilled -- its the first one I've found in my area that has it. The vinegar was a very good blasmaic - thick and sweet. I was actually dipping my chicken in it! Then for dinner I made a beef stew. It was all core except for a bit of corn startch I used to thicken it. 2TB is one point.

I have my no cook oatmeal in the fridge and DD and DH's lunches ready for tomorrow as well. I have an off site meeting tomorrow, so I'll miss our first WI. I'm going to write down my weight tomorrow am -- dressed for work. I did that last week so I know where I was on my scale, it was even with the WW scale. The lunch tomorrow, I hope, will have some healthy choices. Worse case I eat the insides of a few sandwiches.

CUBA welcome to the board. I love my leader -- she has been doing at work sessions for a few years now. I think this is our 10th one. If you don't like the new leader, can you find another meeting? It may be worth shopping around meetings to see if you can find a better fit. Or maybe give the new leader another try -- could have been an off week.

Maryann, keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. How many more weeks to go for Leo?

Coco, I agree with Maryann, try the Campbell's new Select soups. I like them better than Progresso. But for either one, as long as there isn't any pasta (as it would be white pasta) and its not creamy it should be core. I usually get tomato, chicken or beef barley, lentil, veggie. Really any kind without pasta -- if it has potato be sure to count that as your one serving a day. I have a few cans at work as a quick go to lunch if I need it. HTH.

Sandra, don't let the gain get you down. You had a fabulous loss last week. Even with the gain, you've done great in 2 weeks. Have you been writing down what you eat? Maybe do that for a few days to get back in control. I do much better when I log things into the etools.

Well, got to get going. Have a good night.