Old 03-27-2008, 08:25 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Not only did I have the nightmare, today at work when I left I told everyone I'd see them Monday! Ahem, we have a big meeting tomorrow afternoon and I'm the one who called it

Good luck, Sandra. Let's all get on those treadmills, get outside and garden (yeah, right...not yet, not here). Good luck Frouf with your check up, and Vickie, here's to your DH!!!

Vickie, my DH still has dreams about his years at work. Boy, does it ever get ingrained in us.

I wasn't OP today. I tried a new Lebanese restaurant that I was told was good. It was NOT. The cauliflower and eggplant that are supposed to taste light, even though pan fried, tasted like old oil. Oh, yuck!!! But, I didn't eat all of the pita or all of the hommus because they weren't tasty. It was a real waste of points and calories.

Night all,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:57 AM   #32  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone and TGIF. I'm doing well OP and the scale is happy once again. I can't believe how bloated the ham this week made me. But as of this morning I'm back to where I was. Now if I can just drop one or more by next Tuesday, I'll be dancing!

Working a 1/2 day today as I have to take DD to an appt this afternoon. Rainy day so not too bad coming in.

Frouf, glad you had a nice cruise and 3 pds is not bad of a gain. Especially since its just about gone!! How did the Dr go?
Rhonda, I didn't know what day it was yesterday either. I thought it was Wed all day. Go figure....
Sandra, good luck at the tournament this weekend ( I thought I read that..)
Vickie, how are you feeling? I hope things are better.
Angela, how is business? Hope its going well.

Well, off to get some things done. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #33  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

So I am the incredibly shrinking froufie? I was not surprised at my weight but they measured my height as well - and I'm like an inch and a half shorter than usual - I DON'T THINK SO! I am already a vertically challenged frouf I can't afford to be getting shorter - say it's not so!

BP still a bit high but dr very pleased with the insulin/sugar numbers and a big supporter of the strong women program I am following. I will be getting retested on everything in June as the program ends so those numbers will be very important to watch!

Also got bloodwork done to check my vitamin d levels - as you may know there is a high correlation between vit d deficiency and those that may eventually get cancer - so everyone here is scrambling to figure out if they need supplementation - and I guess up here in the north it's probably we don't get enuf vit d through our skin. Dr. told me of all the people she has been testing since november only 2 have had 'normal' results - almost everyone else is very low! So I will await my results but she did agree that I should definitely start getting serious about calcium and vit d supplements.

Ate very poorly today - no excuse really - just not being diligent or making good choices - so tomorrow is another day and I shall start fresh again.

Snow starting to melt finally (which means the 7 ft high drifts are down to 6.5 feet ha ha ha). Expecting rain next week and that will probablly cause a big mess and lots of flooding!

Dryer is calling me now.....

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:57 AM   #34  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I was very, very, busy yesterday. We had the electrician here at 9:00. Fortunately, he got done in time for me to go to WW. I gained .2 but consider that a huge accomplishment after the ham and all of the Easter indulgences. Plus, I just started to exercise again. I'm sure my poor old muscles are a bit inflamed and retaining a bit of water.

This week, I hope to have a loss. Although, I have two scary dinners out that I'm trying to account/plan for. One is tonight with some Baseball friends and the other is a buffet on Monday. Two meals shouldn't kill me, right? Anyway, I plan to continue to walk every day. I even walked yesterday before the appointment and before I went to WW. I've never done that before!

I see yesterday was about as quiet a day as one could imagine around here.

Paula, I'm glad you and the scale are happy! I do finally feel like Spring might be here. I'm feeling a bit better but I think it's going to take a while. And certainly, losing weight will help.

Frouf, congratulations on the improvements in many of your numbers. Think how great June will be if you keep at it!

Ok Chicks. I'm off to eat breakfast and get ready for my walk. Have a great day and.....

DRINK YOUR WATER!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:08 AM   #35  

Speaking of challenging dinners: my godson is getting married late this afternoon and there is dinner afterward. Yummy wedding cake is on the menu no doubt, and I'm having some.

His mother and I are upset that he and his bride are including their three year old in the wedding, then sending him packing with a babysitter. There are other children coming to the wedding and they are all being sent back to the hotel with the sitter. I can't imagine a wedding without children. But, I'll zip my lip about that and the million other things that are irritating me, and will irritate me, about this wedding. Oh, don't worry: I'll tell YOU!

I'm already in a bad mood because I have work to do tomorrow for the university and related matters. I'm too old for this

The good news is that the sun is shining, there is no preciptation in the forecast, and I do believe that the snow will melt!

Regrettably, I gained two pounds and will change my ticker to reflect that. I'm also resetting my goal.

I hope you all have a great day. I'll be back tonight or tomorrow morning.

Cheers,
Rhonda
Old 03-30-2008, 11:13 AM   #36  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Good grief, where is everyone?

I was good at dinner last night. I ate my porkchops but not the potatoes because they were nasty. I also ate my salad. I ate two small bites of Jim's cannoli and it was outstanding. I'm proud of myself. Plus, I have 5 days in a row of exercise under my belt. I plan to make it 6 today. I need to walk on the treadmill every day because my life is very sedentary. No gardening for me!

Rhonda, I hope you had a fabulous time at the wedding and also that you really enjoyed your special wedding cake treat. We should really enjoy our special treats when we decide to have them instead of feeling guilty. Sorry about work. My advice is retire...retire....retire.

Ok...no one to talk to so I'm out of here.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:50 AM   #37  

The wedding was just fine. The food was actually good, and when we left at 10 PM (5 hours after arriving) the cake had not been cut. Young people!!!

I'm going to go see former MIL, then back home to work. Vickie, if the university would give me next year's package this year, I'd be gone in two shakes of a lamb's tail!!

I'll check back later to see if anyone else in on the board this weekend except me and Vickie. By the way, Vickie, congrats on being good with the food and getting that exercise. Enough snow has melted that I've been able to start my serious walking outside again. It really feels good not to have to tred so cautiously.

Rhonda
Old 03-30-2008, 12:50 PM   #38  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, then I'll pray they offer it early!
Old 03-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #39  

Hi Everyone
Wow what a weekend.
Friday. Went and looked at some cars again. Didnt get any. Then Friday evening. Helped sister in law clean veggies for a bridal shower for her son and fiancee. Then came home. And had to do a couple of things. Then was ready for bed.
Then yesterday was the shower. had to be at the place at 7:70 am to set up. Didnt get home until after 3:00 pm. Then had to go to Wal Mart and then to my Aunt's. So today. We are just relaxing.
Did go to church this morn. They are having a special service tonight. But we are not going. Hubby has felt very good all day. Having a really bad headache and stomach is bothering him. So he is already in his pj's. In fact when we came home from church he put them on. And then he read the paper a little bit took a nap. And that has been it. So that has been my day so far.
Well I need to go and catch up on everyone.
Hope everyone has had a great weekend.
Going to go do a load of laundry.
Will be back later.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:51 PM   #40  

Hi ladeis!!

Finally a moment to myself. I have had a great few days off. We had a few outings with friends and Hubby and I went to a play last night. I am back to work tommorrow and I have managed to walk 5 times this week on my treadmill. I am finally getting a handle on really exercising 5 times a week no matter how busy I am.

Vickie- great job with working out.

Looking forward to talking to you ladies on tomorrow. Sorry I didn't have time for more personal replies..

Last edited by Mercee; 03-30-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:44 PM   #41  

Hi there
Just thought I would get back on for a few.
Got the second load of clothes in the dryer.
Well not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow night.
Wont be pretty. But know what I did. So it is my fault that I have a gain.
VICKIE Congrats on the treadmill. That is awesome. Still havent gotten on mine. Maybe one of these days.
TEJAS Hope you can retire soon.
Thinking of everyone.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:55 PM   #42  
focused and aiming

Hi there. We're home. I won the overall "Shoot Your Way AcrossTexas: and got a beautiful silver beltbuckle and shadowbox. I also won the state championship. Curtis shot well but didn't place. We attended the Hall of Fame banquet last night and got to do some socializing. All in all it was a great weekend and we did our share of overeating. We're both ready to get op when the sun comes up tomorrow.

Frouf, darn that gravity! Did you get your bone density test? If not, you might want to consider.

Vickie, sounds to me like you're doing great. All that exercise isgoing to pay off.You'll have a big loss this week.

Rhonda, sounds like you enjoyed the wedding despite the doubts. So? Did you go buy a cake? I confess I might have.

Paula, congratulations to you for keepin on keepin on.

Coco, I hope dh is feeling better.

We're exhausted but happy. My shooting was much much better. Target panic is gone. Life is soooo good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:04 AM   #43  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Hope all is well. Its been cold, dreary and miserable here. Where is spring? Sandra, can you send me some warmth and sun? I think I'd rather have it cold and sunny than in the low 40s, cloudy and rainy. We have yet to get into any real spring weather - but as it usually happens in New England, we'll go from winter to summer with a short stint of spring.

Food wise I've been trying - I have been writing things down and tracking my extra points. I've used 17 last week. I'm not sure how the scale will be today, but I am going as I skipped last week.

Vickie and Mercee - good job with the exercise! I attempted to go for a walk at work last week - actually did a good 1/2 hour (I used to do this reguarly when it was nice out). Well I did not wear a hat and ended up with a cold. I'm feeling better, but not 100% yet.

Well, got to run. I'll be back after wi.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote