Old 03-25-2008, 08:08 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Well, I had so much food on Easter that I'm not going near the scales for a week, at least!

But, I was relatively good today.

Welcome home, Frouf. We missed you but glad you had a good time.

It is still snowing here! Yeech...

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #17  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Well, I managed to eat well yesterday and drink my water. I made 16 minutes on the treadmill at 2.5 mph. Hardly admirable but better than nothing. Today I shall try for 17 minutes. I've decided to walk every day. I'm sure I'll miss once in a while but it is my intention to do it every day.

I've got appointments today so I have to run. Have a great day, everyone!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:31 AM   #18  

baby steps Vickie Baby steps....Im so proud of you for getting back on the exercise wagon. How did you feel afterwards? I bet you felt pretty darn good.
Rhonda we had the snow yesterday..its almost gone now. Sorry for sending it your way....
Im off today..going for a nice walk and going out for coffee with some good friends to catch up!
have a great day today
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:28 PM   #19  

Helooadies!!

Just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone. I had a good day yesterday and walked on my treadmill for 30 minutes. It is my intention to walk at least 5 days a week. Not much to say have agreat day all.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #20  
focused and aiming

I'm here. I apologize for not being here regularly lately. It's been hectic and I've been off program. But what else is new? I was going to WW yesterday but we had company come over. Maybe next Tuesday. We'll be at the state NFAA indoor championship this weekend. After that archery will slow down for awhile.

Now I need to go read what's been going on with each of you. I hope you're all doing better op-wise than I have.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:31 PM   #21  
focused and aiming

I am proud of those of you who are exercising. I need to do the same. I did work in the yard over an hour today planting 9 rosebushes and a lot of periwinkles and sedum and lillies. We have tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, pansies, violets, and oxalys in bloom now. Some of Curtis' fruit trees have a few blossoms on them. Life is good.

Angela, just do what you can and don't sweat the small stuff.

Frouf, again I'm living through you with your cruising. Ahhhhhh.

Rhonda, I'm proud of you for getting back on track right after Easter. That's the key.

Coco, Paula, Patti, and Mercee, I'm waving at you.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #22  

Hi Everyone
VICKIE Hope you are doing ok. Guess I need to get my treadmill cleaned off. And start walking on it too. Instead of it sitting in the basement collecting dust.
ONTARGET Glad you are here. Miss you. I am off program so far this week also. So I have to get back on track.
FROUFY Glad you had a wonderful time. Missed you.
TEJAS Did you get much snow. It was a nice day here today. Rain is suppose to be moving in in the next couple of days.
P.A. Did you have a nice walk. And a good time with your friend.
To everyone else I am thinking of each of you.
Not much going on here.
Just off track with the eating. But what else is new with me.
Maybe one of these days. I can get to goal.
Well I am going to get off here for now.
Hope everyone had a wonderful day.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:59 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

I had such a nightmare last night: I had arranged a critical meeting with the head of the university and my colleagues. I was in another part of the university, checking my watch so I wouldn't be late when I realized that I had my watch on upside down! I ran to the meeting place and a few of my colleagues were there. They were very angry and I wanted the world to open up and swallow me.

The dream was powerful and it took me awhile to realize that it really was just a dream.

I think I'm ready to retire!!!! Yesterday morning I was in the subway, travelling in the general direction of the airport and all I wanted was to keep going, get on a plane and leave!

Have a great OP day. I've got to go to work.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:34 AM   #24  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, any chance you could go ahead and retire earlier? It sounds like you're ready.

Coco, I hope you can get back op soon.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #25  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! It's a snowy, sleety, rainy day here. Jim is on the treadmill now and then it's my turn. He has a routine ENT appointment today to follow up on his tongue issue. We expect everything to go well.

Coco, you should consider the treadmill. No one says you have to walk more than 5 minutes if you don't want to or can't. It would be better than nothing. Besides, it helps if you aren't exactly perfectly on program.

Sandra, come on girl! We need you. Is there anything we can do to help?

Patti, thanks for the encouragement! I need all I can get. Did those dresses arrive yet?

Mercee, 30 minutes five times a week is great. You'll see results for sure.

Angela, how is DD?

Frouf......are the tan and the positive feelings fading?

Paula, where are you? I need some new recipes.

Ok...time for breakfast and the treadmill.

Oh poor Rhonda! I still have work nightmares. That kind of stress and anxiety is powerful. I wish retirement for all of you.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #26  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow, Sandra! You're here early today.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #27  
Southside White Sox Fan

BTW, Sandra, gardening is exercise! I'm sure you burned over 300 calories with your activity at your weight. I did the calculator on the website that I have and at my weight, I'd have burned 488 calories at my weight. So don't despair. It's not like you are being a couch potato. Oh....and I'm sure archery burns a ton of calories too. Lifestyle activities count. All you have to do is control your eating a bit.

Later Chicks!
Old 03-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #28  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Tan fading? are you kidding? isn't that what bronzer and those self tanners are for? ha ha ha - trying to hold onto the 'glow' as long as possible.

Vickie - you are inspiring me - if you can get on that treadmill so can I - and don't even think for a minute that you need to do a whole lot of 'travelling' - even 10-20 minutes a day will provide a benefit to you - you go girl!

My weight training tues night was quite challenging to say the least and I again will try to heave those 8 lb weights tonight - last night was super busy and a very long night as I sat thru 5 hours of dd's competitive dance dress rehearsal (need to check on those 'wardrobe malfunctions') - all went well and I was home by 11 pm but so exhausted today - waiting for weekend so I can sleep, sleep, sleep!

Have my ANNUAL CHECKUP tomorrow morning - I am not too stressed altho I now my weight is up from last year (despite my having lost weight recently) - at least I know my 'numbers' have improved and hope to continue doing well in that area. Need to really improve my eating - I am now trying to rid myself of those 3 lbs I gained (down to 2.5 now ) - and then get much more serious in my eating and exercise efforts.

Still lots of snow here but it will soon melt and maybe I can start doing some outdoor walking! I also need to commit to doing my weight training at home at least once on the weekend (yes us froufs will find any excuse to be a slacker).

Wish I could take a nap but I"m off to my exercise class right after work - will be thinking of my jammies and comfy bed (and will try NOT to even look at the kitchen when I get home as I will probably end up in there cleaning and loading dishwasher and just tidying up)....up to bed with my library book!

Later,

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 03-27-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:47 PM   #29  

Hi Everyone
Just thought I would check in and see how everyone was doing.
FROUFY Good luck with your check up tomorrow.
VICKIE hope hubby's appt went ok. I didnt clean up treadmill today. Ran around with son. He's looking for a truck. And we are looking for a car. I have such a headache. People dont want to deal with you that is for sure. Told them we can only afford X amount a month. Well cant you go 20 or 30 more a month. NOPE. And then they say. Sorry we cant make a deal. Told hubby. One of these days. The right car will come along. Guess we just have to be patience.
ONTARGET A little better today with the eating. But still need improvement. Hope you had a good day.
TEJAS Glad it was only a dream. Hope you had a good day.
Thinking of everyone.
Well I am going to get off here. Go take some motrin for my headache.
Hope everyone had a good day.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:10 PM   #30  
focused and aiming

Vickie, you're just what I need. Thank you so much. I'll keep on keepin' on and add some better eating decisions. I bought a Hershey's bar today and halved it with Curtis. That's a start--a slow one but a start.

Frouf, congratulations on keeping on with the exercise. I'msure your doctor will be happy with your progress.

Coco, way to go,girl. I'm happy for you.

We're leavingin the AM for the state championship. I'll be back Monday at the latest.