Old 11-03-2007, 01:22 PM   #31  

Hi Everyone
Just thought I would get on here for a few.
We have a wedding to go too. And then the reception. So I know it will be late when we get home. And I wont get on here then.
TECHALUM I know how you are feeling. It's just like I dont care anymore. Even been thinking about quitting my meeting. Sorry about your job. Hope you find a new one soon. Will keep you in my prayers that you will find one soon.
Not sure how I will handle the reception. They are having pasta and sauce, meatballs, salad and italian bread. I am afraid to eat the salad. Am afraid it is the bagged kind. And that dont always agree with me. I dont want to spend the evening in the bathroom. So not sure what I will do. Guess I could eat before I go. But by the time it is time for the reception. I will be hungry again. Maybe I will just try and drink alot of water and coffee. Will let you know how I handle things tomorrow. Unless we get home early. But dont figure we will.
Well I am going to get off here for now. Wont be long and will be time to get ready to go. Have to shower and all that good stuff.
So everyone have a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hmmm...so, motivation is lagging here and there is it? Well, that's the process, isn't it.

My motivation's pretty good right now. I have had a difficult few weeks in terms of having to for work related matters. But, all in all, I haven't found it too hard to stay pretty much on track with eating.

Coco, do get out YOAD and read it again and again...that chapter on belly fat is really sobering. And, now they are connecting fat to many cancers. Who would be surprised? The fat holds hormones and pollutants, so get it off if you can. And, I hope you did ok at the wedding...

The leaves are really falling now. Out my south window I can see the almost bare bones on a neighbor's tree with a huge nest in ti. It looks really too big for birds, so maybe it is a squirrel nest. Do they build in tree tops? We have lots of squirrels and racoons, but they have lots of other hiding places, so I can't really figure out this nest.

Tech, are you looking for other work or living a life of leisure?

Sandra, yoo hoo....we need you back here...and, Vickie, where'd you go?

I'm going to try a new muffin recipe from the GI diet book. If they're good, I'll post the recipe.

That's my ramble for the day...

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:24 PM   #33  

Hi everyone
Coco it took me a long time to get motivated once again....sometimes we just need to shake things up a bit. We get bored, frustrated or just lax. Think of something you like to do for exercise and do it. Do you like to dance? walk, skip..it can be anything! If you watch weight programs on tv they mix it up all the time we they dont get bored. Some get into belly dancing or yoga . Look up whats available in your area. I think once you get into an exercise state of mind you will start to feel better about yourself and then you will find the motivation to get back on plan. Exercise is a great stress reducer. I look forward *most times* to my nightly walk.....if I dont walk I dont feel so good about myself. Is there water aquabics in your area....I did that this summer and LOVED it!! This fall Im trying Thai Chi...its supposed to be good for you as well. I cant believe Im actually getting into these exercise programs..Im still the heaviest one at them but I enjoy them and other participants are very encouraging. When you start to feel better about yourself you will start to feel motivated again.
I just felt I had to give you my thoughts. Hope this helps..dont give up. Keep goign to your meetings..talk to someone there. Everyone goes thru this at some point. You are not alone here..........
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:45 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

Hi there, chickies. We are now at the ranch. I haven't had access to get here till last night--and then I was too tired--so I'm just now getting here. I now have an AT&T card that is plugged into my laptop that keeps me on the information highway. Life is good.

Melissa!!!!!! It's so good to hear from you. I am sorry you have diabetes but am glad you are taking care of yourself with meds. I'm sure you and little Melissa will be fine. Come back more often, buddy.

Vickie, congratulations on that good loss. I'd take it for sure.

Remember I told ya'll about this little country store 1.5 miles from the ranch? Well, we've been meeting the lady who owns and runs it. She rejoined WW last week and is attending the same meeting Curtis and I will. Did you catch "will"? We didn't make it Tues. We were moving that day. All went well except our main TV wound up in the floor. We've been getting more work done what with no internet or TV for several days. We now have both up and running.

Coco, dust yourself off girl. I'm pretty dusty myself. We know what to do. We just need to do it. If it were easy, nobody would be overweight--but we can do it.

Rhonda, you're right. Any time we can turn down a craving, we're doing great. I agree with you about those men. It's not fair, is it? I heard it's because they have more muscle than women and that's why their bodies are better at burning fat. Still, it's not fair.

Eggie, how's your week going?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

Patti, I like your idea of shaking things up. When we start biking to "the store", that should help shake us up a bit.

Speaking of sunsets--we have some gorgeous Texas ones here. Every day Curtis and I are enjoying the ranch more. I hadn't realized how much I had missed living in the country.

I bought 3 rosebushes yesterday. I know. It's not the right time of year to plant them, but I think I can pull it off. I got 1 climber and 2 hybrid teas.

We have been taking some time outs from work to train. It's great having our own indoor range. Again, we're loving it here more and more.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:13 PM   #36  

Sandra sounds like you guys are living the perfect retired life....good for you. Not everyone gets to do that.... I know you and Curtis will get back on track.
Im jealous your still planting...enjoy@!
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:23 AM   #37  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks! I've been very busy the last couple of days. I'm trying to get as much done as possible since it is now certain that Jim will be having shoulder surgery again, probably sooner rather than later. The poor thing is really no better than before the last surgery. At least we've found a great surgeon this time. He also has a colonoscopy scheduled for mid December. My time will be short once he has the shoulder surgery since I'll be doing my stuff and his. He does TONS around here too!

Anyway......I'm on program although it has been tougher this week. I've exercised 4 days so far this week and should be able to exercise later this morning to make my 5 days. That's my minimum that I plan for the week. So far the scale hasn't moved and no TOM so far. I feel like I have all the other symptoms though. It's not easy to diet through perimenopause and menopause. I hope to show some loss. Eventually, they will all add up.

I'm up here in the middle of the night. I got up to use the washroom and my mind started racing about all that is going on and I couldn't get back to sleep. It's weird because the clocks were turned back tonight here to standard time. So I gained an hour when I came downstairs!

I'm going to go see how you all are.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:00 AM   #38  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, don't worry about not making your Thanksgiving goal....the important thing is to keep working towards it. You'll be better off no matter what you lose. How were those muffins? I'm getting a little tired of the banana walnut ones.

Eggie, how's it going since Halloween?

Lytricia, HUGE congratulations on your loss! Keep it up. You'll reach goal with this approach! I'll meet you on the treadmill.

Patti, I lost 1.6 last Monday and am hoping for some kind of loss this week. We do have to remember to enjoy the sunsets, don't we? That was great advice to Coco. I always enjoy and appreciate your posts. Getting into a new decade is always exciting and a new chick....well who can beat that?! Congratulations.

Sandra, I was worried about you. I'm glad you're back and that it sounds like things are under control. Now to spend some time on yourself!

Coco, my advice is not to give up. Get back to a meeting and keep going. Start eating healthy.....it almost doesn't matter what program you follow. I'm kind of doing a blend of Core and You. I agree with Patti that you just need to pick some kind of exercise that you can enjoy and then do it. Don't think about it....just do it. Start with 5 or 10 minutes and then increase as you can. Eventually, it will become a habit. It sounds like you are a wonderful caretaker....always worried about everyone else but yourself! Be a little selfish for part of the day.

Donna, bummer on the job. Sounds like you could use some endorphins. It might be a great time to focus on yourself and your weight loss efforts though. Good luck getting back on the wagon. Plenty of room on here.

Ok chickies....I'm off to surf for Christmas presents for Honey Lamb and the others. If Jim is going to have surgery then I need to get my shopping done early.

Last edited by Vickie; 11-04-2007 at 04:49 AM.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:54 AM   #39  

Well, I see that Vickie and I are awake! I woke up hungy so I had some lf yogurt with cinammon on it. Did you read that you should have 1/2 teaspoon of cinammon a day. That's no problem for me, I love it.

I think Vickie is so right to say it almost doesn't matter what program you're on. Just BE ON one. We all know...less fat, less sugar, fewer carbs, less red meat, more fish (watch that mercury), more greens...yada yada...and I like the image of the room on the wagon!

Now, just to get back to that exercising. I've been doing the ones in YOAD and find them very good one the 'old body. Those combined with walking is a really good program. Not much aerobics, but you can always swing those arms when walking and pick up the pace.

Well, I'm going to see if I can get some sleep now.

Sunsets, well Toronto has some nice ones, but nothing like other places...and it is so crowded here I can't see the horizon. I miss the horizon...

Rhonda
Old 11-04-2007, 07:20 AM   #40  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, we could have had a party. I hope you are sleeping. I'm still awake. I'm going to go have breakfast in about 10 minutes. Then I feel sure there will be time for a nap. Jim is up and has a sore throat.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:06 PM   #41  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

Thanks Vickie for reminding me about the clocks. I let the kids sleep in to noon today and made them breakfast/lunch so that they would be in a good mood and help me get all the housework done. It was a bonus to just now realize that it was 2:45 and not 3:45 and all the work is done! (Yes I know what you're thinking...oh I wish I could sleep until noon, wasn't it great to be a teenager. Now sleeping in to me is 8:00 am!!!)

I really blew it last night...starting with my friend - Miss Vickies - (potato chips) - and ending with a (beautiful) pizza at midnight ( McCain's International thin crust - 7 points for 1/2 the pizza) I hope this won't make a difference on the scale, It was only one night of cheating and although I had no more flex points to use for the week and I had exceeded my daily points surely to God one slip up is not going to ruin my efforts!

I did better today by completely staying on core and I'm sure I have earned some AP's from all the housework I'm doing...cracking the whip - keeping my kids motivated

I hope you all have a good week.

PS I agree with you Rhonda - Toronto sunsets do fall somewhat short here at times...maybe we need to head down south and get in on some of theirs!
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #42  
focused and aiming

Well, I'm up to almost 400 bulbs now so I'm not planning to buy any more for awhile. They are cataloged and are resting in the playhouse kitchen till I can get them into the ground. I also bought a gardenia bush, 3 pansies, and a few other hearty (I hope) perennials. Life is good. I'm going to start planting in the AM as it's too hot right now and I'm lazy.

Patti, we are having a blast working around the ranch. I just took a can of spray paint and "drew" the lines for a new flower bed. We have a man coming for a few days to help and he'll dig it out for me.

Vickie, when Curtis needed his shoulders replaced, I called Texas Christian University (where I graduated) and asked their athletic director who did their football team's shoulders. They guided us to a superb surgeon. I highly recommend calling a football coach for advice on surgeons. I am sorry Jim's having problems. I had been hoping he was over the shoulder pains. Congratulations on getting in 5 days of exercise this week. That's impressive.

Rhonda and Lytricia, come on to Texas and enjoy some spectacular sunsets. Well, I confess those in Montana are just as spectacular. Just different. When there's smoke or dust in the air? Awesome!

Got to go change the clocks in the playhouse. The condo's are set but not the playhouse. Curtis took our helper home an hour early today cuz he had forgotten to reset the playhouse clocks. Oh, well, both men were tired and it is Sunday anyway.

Got to go. Catch you later.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:26 PM   #43  

Hi Everyone
Not much happening here.
Just getting on here to see how everyone was doing.
The wedding yesterday was beautiful. And for the eating. Heres what I had. 8 rigitoni noodles, 4 50 cent piece size meatballs and two rolls. The salad I was afraid to eat. Was the bagged kind. And looked a little wilty. But I passed on all the cookies and the wedding cake. They all looked so good. And even passed on the punch. It was kinda sweet.
P.A. Thank you so much for the post. I needed it.
ONTARGET WOW!! You got alot of planting to do. I have a few (about 8 tulip bulbs) I need to get planted.
TEJAS Havent gotten my YOU book out yet. But am going to do it. And read it. I know I heard about the fat and cancer connection. Think that would get me motivated. But so far it hasnt.
VICKIE Sorry your Hubby has to have surgery. Thanks for your post. They mean alot to me.
Well I am going to get off here for now.
Just wanted to check in.
Thinking of each of you.
Coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:18 AM   #44  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Jim and I are both sick here. He has strep throat (that's my guess) type symptoms complete with a fever and I have flu like symptoms. I won't give you details. So no weigh in for me today. I'll try to go tomorrow after our furnace estimator comes.

Stick to program. We all have to lose as much as we can before the holidays arrive.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:01 AM   #45  

New pages started....