Old 07-24-2007, 07:15 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

oh, my! rhonda, i must be doomed by all the diet cokes i drink. i'll cut down to 1 a day.

i'm not doing worth a hoot on my tv dinner diet. i'm going back full fledged core tomorrow.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:16 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Here's a link to a CNN report about the study. Of course, the soda industry is already attacking it. The data is from the Framingham study, one of the best epidemiological studies that has ever been done. Again, the study doesn't PROVE a cause-effect, but it shows a coorelation that is worrying.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/c...f=mpstoryemail

Just search the journal and you'll find more, if you're interested.

Great aquafit class tonight. I'm off to spend some time with DH who has been a little neglected today.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #18  

Hello out there!

I'm having a great day with my 6 year old great niece (really the ex's great niece, but...).

I've enrolled her in a local activity camp, arranged swimming lessons and am trying to get her into a dance and drama class. Her poor mother is overwhelmed with work and kids and the babysitter is great with the toddler, but not so great with the older one. She just wants her to watch TV

I took the day off from work but I might take her to the campus so she can see where I work and have lunch at the faculty club. Wouldn't that be swish!!

I have lost another pound!!!!!

BBL

Rhonda
Old 07-25-2007, 03:46 PM   #19  
focused and aiming

rhonda, sounds like you're having a lot of fun with the grand niece. and congratulations on losing another pound!!! you're on your way for sure.

i'm back on core. we just finished lunch and i'm heading to . see ya later.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:56 PM   #20  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Congrats Rhonda - and have fun w/ the grand niece.

As for the study - I think the people that drink the most diet soda are probably already at high risk for metabolic syndrome anyways - that is why they are drinking diet instead of regular!!!

Patti - I also feel for you - hope you are not in too much pain or discomfort!

Sandra - hope you had fun in the pool.

I had my visit w/therapist - got to tell my 'life story' - I guess I did not have too much trauma in my life - she kept asking me about 'significant' events in my childhood. Stayed there a very long time talking about myself, childhood, marriage, etc. At the end she tells me how 'entertaining' I was and what a good storyteller I am (go figure!). Dh went yesterday w/his 10 page list of 'life events' - I understand he only got thru pages 1-2 and left the document with her! We go back together in a couple of weeks. So far - nothing much to report as we have not discussed any real strategies yet so can't say if it's worth it. But dh is still being very kind, considerate, loving and understanding so I am feeling much better about things.

Today is ds' 9th birthday. DD served him breakfast in bed and gave him his presents ('Cars' movie dvd) so he was up early watching it. Off to camp in his 'birthday boy' t-shirt and a bag full of cupcakes! (tennis camp this week). And dh got him some 'Transformers' present which we will give him tonight.

Big ds on his way home by train from Toronto w/his dad - should be home soon - w/ds' present as well - but no real celebration as dh out running, dd at dance classes - weekend will be birthday celebration time!

I am doing okay - except for lack of sleep - and I have decided to start weaning myself off of the anti-depressants - I just can't handle the side effects and never really wanted to be on them too long anyways? We'll see how it goes!!!

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:41 PM   #21  
focused and aiming

frouf, happy birthday to little ds!! i am so glad dh is being a better husband/companion. maybe this counseling is helping. i hope things continue to improve for you all.

i did go to and had a good workout even if it was solo. i gave my sore feet a good set of exercises to help me get more flexibility plus less pain. they are feeling good right now. i can almost feel the blood flowing through them.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:07 PM   #22  

Hey Everyone
Well Monday night wasnt good at all. I gained 2 lbs. Was bummed. So what did I do. I ate everything I could get my hands on on Tuesday. So that wasnt good.
I posted my menu for today on the menu thread. But it was dated for July 22.
Was hoping someone would read it. And see if I did alright. I think I pretty well stay core today.
My leader went over my trak on Monday. Said I was having way too many carbs and sugar. Was trying to do points. But use core foods. but just strayed away from core really bad. So am hoping I can get back on.
Am having trouble figuring out what to eat for breakfast on core though. I dont want to eat eggs every day. I need to get some egg beaters. But cereal just dont seem to stay with me. I have to eat at least 2 packs of the oatmeal. So any tips would be helpful and apprecitated.
I need to go and read the post. And see how everyone is doing.
Well am going to go and catch up on everyone.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:14 PM   #23  

Coco, I'm sorry to hear about the weight gain. Listen to your WW instructor and cut back on the carbs and sugar. For breakfast I switch off among eggs, cereal and shakes. I also have a piece of fruit about two hours after breakfast. It's usually an apple, but sometimes an orange or a pear. Those are great sources of fiber.

We all know what we need to do, we just need to do it. (Sorry to sound like an ad for shoes, but ....)

Frouf, I'm really glad to hear that DH is being a more respectful and appreciative. I hope it continues....and lucky ds for his birthday.

I had a great day with the niece. My goal was to tire her out to help her mother be able to just put her to bed later tonight. Well, I got tired, that's for sure!!

Night all,
Rhonda
Old 07-25-2007, 08:26 PM   #24  
focused and aiming

coco, been there done that. like rhonda says, we know what to do; we just have to do it. i'm glad your leader's helping you.

i made the core oatmeal cake before and had it with fresh fruit for bfast. the only bad thing about that is it can be a redlight food.

rhonda, i'll bet you earned a lot of activity pts today. i did go to . you, vickie, and patti inspired me to do so.

thank you all.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:24 AM   #25  

Morning All:

I suppose you've heard the study about how having fat friends can "make" you get fat!! So, now I know. It's YOUR fault!!! I am sooooo relieved to know that it's not because I overate and didn't exercise. I'm going to leave now and join the The Skinny Chicks group so I'll lose weight

Have a great OP day!!

Rhonda
Old 07-26-2007, 10:38 AM   #26  

Rhonda!

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #27  

So, where is everyone???
Old 07-26-2007, 07:08 PM   #28  

Hi Everyone
TEJAS I think I disagree with the study. Because most of my life most of my friends were skinny. I had two that were a little heavy. But my best friend was skinny.
ONTARGET I am thinking of making me some steel cut oats for breakfast tomorrow. I will fix them in the crock pot.They seem to turn out pretty good that way. Would Splenda brown sugar be core. I will have to look in my book. I like brown sugar on my oats.
FROUFY How are you doing. Are you sleeping any better at night. Hope so.
To everyone else I am thinking of you.
Hope each of you had a great day.
Need to go answer some other mail.
Take care everyone
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:16 PM   #29  

Wow, slow day and night!!

Yes, Coco, my friends have been all sizes and shapes too. But, I have had three close friends gain and then lose 50-100 pounds. I need to follow their example.

I went to class. How's about you, Sandra??

Night all,
Rhonda
Old 07-26-2007, 11:08 PM   #30  
focused and aiming

hi there. where have i been? hiding and eating. i was at the store today buying something decadent. i told the clerk i was cheating on my husband. then i told her he might be coming in later. i don't know if he did. i do know i had my eclair on my way to

coco, splenda brown sugar isn't core, but it's very very low in calories. i have used it to make the core crockpot cake and it just cost me 1 pt per serving. if i were you, i'd use it and count the pts.

rhonda, i did go to . i didn't go to a class, though. i just did my own "thang." i'm not going to wi in the am at ww. i will go to the meeting but i will use my pass.

i'll start over tomorrow--no more eclairs--no more whining--no more excuses. and much much more

so, where is everyone? are you out there hiding and eating like i was? i didn't see you at the bakery today. maybe you're doing great on program. i hope so.