Post Core Chat: July 23-July 29, 2007

Hi Folks:

Here's our new pages!

Hope you're having a great day.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

I lost .8. But I've been exactly this same weight for 2 months. My Leader thinks I'm at a real plateau. I think it's the beta blockers. I'm only giving it a couple more weeks.

Thanks, Angela. I new my search was bad. I didn't know what gif's were!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:39 PM   #3  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Maintaining is better than gaining - maybe need to mix it up a bit to break that plateau - good luck Vickie.

Angela - hope the cake is going well - maybe you can post a picture when it's done? My little ds' bday is this wednesday (turning 9) - already had the 'class' party and having the family party this weekend - then he wants to go out for dinner w/the family (japanese grill restaurant) and to the Simpsons movie!

We will probably bring a treat (cupcakes) to his camp on wednesday so he can celebrate there!

Well I'm back at work today despite being awake from 2-3 am with a coughing fit (mucus overload) - managed to stay awake all day which is a miracle.

Almost forgot I have a one-on-one session w/the couples therapist after work today (dh reminded me!) - so may have a subway or something like that on the way as I won't be home til after 7 pm!!

I am now very into 'coke zero' as my new favorite diet drink! And trying to guzzle more water too (even if it's sometimes 'flavored'!)

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:46 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

hi there. the decision is made. i am not going to compete with my longbow at nationals. just the compound. i tried today but just can't get a good shot out to 80+ yards. my bow isn't made for that long of distances. it's too low in draw weight.

i'm doing better today eating. yesterday was good till afternoon--then "blewey!!"

we have a neighbor lined up to take care of the flowers/humming birds while we're gone. we're going to pay her (teenager) even though she said she'd do it for free. we are very relieved to have her help. we especially were concerned about the hummingbirds. we don't want to lose them to other people's feeders. we're stingy.

vickie, i think those feet are just moving cuz of the puter program and weren't intended to look that way. feet usually stay still when folks are shooting.

i like those scotties!!!! you need them in your signie. open up the netscape browser on your puter. come to this page we're on now and try right clicking on angela's scottie gif. a window will pop up and then you left click on "copy image location."

then all you do is past that it on your post box.

wait!! i just did it for you. here is the location-- http://i58.photobucketdotcom/albums/...azTNT/dog3.gif
put [IMG]before this url and [/IMG]right after it (no spaces). you should have your scotties. (remember to put in a . instead of the word "dot")

angela, those puppies are precious. did you copy them a different way? so far i've been unable to copy image locations using internet explorer. that's why i go to netscape to do it.

vickie, i think you're on a real plateau, too, but congratulations on losing .8. do you think your doctor can give you something instead of the beta blockers? i hope so. i can imagine how frustrated it must be for you eating right/exercising/then not getting the payoff at the scales.

rhonda, thank you for the clean pages. i hope you're having a good day, too.

frouf, i haven't tried coke zero yet. i'm glad you're enjoying it. subway sounds good to me. i had a fish tv dinner for lunch. i made curtis a really really good core meal. is there something wrong with this picture?

okay, angela and frouf, i'm now hungry for birthday cake. well, i was really already hungry for it before i read about the bday parties, but i wanted to whine a bit.

have a great--op!!--day, chickies.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:47 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

well, i didn't realize that url would still look like an url after i typed in "dot". oh, well.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:44 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

I did 30 minutes in the pool.

Thanks Sandra and Angela. I'll have to play with this.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Well, I managed to lose a pound this week. It really is about calorie restriction for me, and I might as well accept that I just cannot eat as much as I want even with Core, or low GI foods. The weight just doesn't go down.

Well, I can and will do it.

I have also noted that walking lots does not burn lots of calories, according to my pedometer. Seven miles burned only a few hundred calories. Oh well, it's good for other reasons.

This weekend I saw one of my friends who has been obese for a number of years. I suggested that she try the low GI diet, and she has lost over 50 pounds since December. I should take my own advice!!! Maybe I will; it's very close to Core.

So, I'm heading to bed soon. I didn't sleep either last night, but I don't have the sinus problems to go with it...just not sleeping. I bet I will tonight.

Tomorrow...

Rhonda
Old 07-23-2007, 09:10 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, good luck at therapy tonight. I am mixing things up...in fact I have been for at least two weeks now. I'm going to continue to do so. Sooner or later it has to work, right?

Congratulations, Rhonda!

Thanks Angela and Sandra!!!!!! I love my Scotties.

Last edited by Vickie; 07-23-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:26 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Patti....how are you?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:56 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

rhonda, congratulations on losing. i'm like you and have to cut the portion sizes. my mother used to tell me how hard it was to lose weight when people get older. i didn't realize she was so wise.

congratulations to your friend, too. 50 since christmas is amazing. i'm envious. i've been going in circles all year. my fault. again, i'm like you and know what to do. we need to just do it and get it over with.

vickie, i'm not seeing your scotties. i don't know if it's cuz of my puter or what.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:50 AM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I got up at 6:30 and went straight on the treadmill. I'm done with my exercise for today. I'll get some more walking in at the ballpark today. Walking still works for me since I'm so big. Someday, I'll have to diversify.

Have a great day.

Last edited by Vickie; 07-24-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #12  
focused and aiming

walking works for me, too, vickie. i don't think it can be beaten.

my shorts feel tight today. that's a bad sign. well, it's feedback that i need to work harder at being op. so that's the plan today. eat right, exercise more, and keep a positive frame of mind.

vickie, have a good time at the ballpark today. you will definitely get a lot of walking in there. will ya'll be high up in the stands? those steps will also be good exercise if you are.

we're leaving in a few minutes. curtis is going to work with a man on shooting longbows. i'm going to practice with mine while they do that. should be fun. this will be indoors so we'll be out of the smoke.

have a terrific tuesday, tootsies.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:25 PM   #13  

Hey everyone, Im here but not for long...my face is black and blue adn Im still getting headaches. I did go to aquabics last night but couldnt do eveyrthing. When it hurt I just paddled in the deep end. This is my last week so I really wanted to go.. youngest dd is home and oldest will be home this afternoon. Not doing much of anything ..still laying low.
have a great day everyone
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:56 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

patti. i'm hurting just thinking of your pain. i'm glad dd is home with you. stay relaxed and cool and get healed.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

oh my Patti...still hurting

Vickie, I don't see the Scotties either.

Did you all see the news about even diet sodas increasing the chances of having strokes and getting diabetes? The results say that you should have NO MORE than one soft drink a day. (Sorry)

More than that increases the risk of "metabolic syndrome": excess abdominal fat, high blood sugar, high triglycerides, low levels of HDL (the good one); and elevated blood pressure.

The study was published in "Circulation: Journal of the American Heart Association." I haven't looked for the study on-line, just read about it in the newspaper.

Off to aquafit!

Rhonda