Old 06-25-2007, 02:17 PM   #1  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wink Core Weekly Chat - June 25 - July 1/Canada Day!

Some clean fresh pages for us to write on!

Froufie
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:48 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

I weighed in at WW. I gained .4 and deserved more. I stayed for my meeting and have commited to going every week from here on out and staying for the meeting. I took Jim and myself to lunch and had a lovely Core meal.....Eggbeater omelet with avocado and pico de gallo (sp?). I also had some turkey sausage in my omelet for which I will count points. I had fruit on the side. Yum....yum!

I ran my errands and am now about to relax after swimming in the pool for about an hour and a half. The pool water was only 77 degrees. Jim got in but only stayed in for about a half hour. Too cold for him! I ran and walked for at least 30 minutes. I don't usually exercise on Mondays but today I did. I'm out to put the solar cover back on so it can heat up for tomorrow. We really like it about 84 degrees.

I've got to go catch up on my water. I'll be back.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

I stayed home most of today and took another nap. I have been so fatigued! It helped.

Tomorrow I'm going to see my friend in the hospital, then out for the lunch I didn't get last week with my other friend. I'll go to work in the afternoon. It will be a challenge at lunch, but my friend does WW so maybe we'll be all right. She's cooking at her place.

Today was good, except for really limited

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:34 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

It was a crazy day at work today; I didn't get there until 7 when I wanted to be there at 6. Tomorrow is a better chance at it though; I'm sure I'll do it.

Tonight I made King Ranch chicken casserole for Judd and Erin. Lunches are made, clothes are laid out, and I'm getting ready to go to bed. If I can get there by 11 and sleep til 5, that'll be sufficient.

We're expecting storms here tonight and tomorrow; maybe the sleeping will be really good!
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:42 PM   #5  

Hey Sandra I signed up for aquabics this weekend! Its starts July 4th and will be twice a week..I can only go till end of July then Im gone on holidays but Im excited to start...if you hadnt talked about it and liked it I probably never would have joined. This is the first time they are offering them at our local pool. Its an outside pool so we better start having some nicer weather!
Between that and walking and WATP dvd Im hoping to make my goal this summer!
Vickie that really isnt a gain is it? Could have just been a heavier pair of shorts on or something...congrats
Kathy your not allowed to have more computer problems..
Rhonda Im having my co-workers for lunch tomorrow too..I made sure I made the lunch so its nice and healthy! Just fruit and a few cookies for dessert too..
Doing inventory at work this week..once Im done I have the weekend off.....and its a long weekend to boot for us here in Canada. Im hoping to be done by Wednesday..that would be nice. Then Im on summer schedule..tues and thurs mornings..yahoo. Im so ready
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:37 AM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Patti, you sound SO happy. Good for you for joining the water aerobics. I should do it too. Maybe I will one of these days. Are you going away on your vacation? I've walked two days in a row. Now to make it three.

Kathy, King Ranch casserole sounds good from the title. I'm going to assume it's fattening since you only made it for Judd and Erin. Why do you have to be at work so early? How's the garden? Tomatoes need cool nights to ripen. Maybe that's the problem? How was your weigh in?

Rhonda, I just heard again that sleep is critical for weight loss. I say we all have a nap today. I can tell that I worke earlier than I really wanted to today.

Frouf.....how are you? Are the parties over? When is counseling? I've been thinking good thoughts for you and DH. I hope he is continuing his improved behavior.

And just where is Sandra? Did I miss something?

We haven't heard from lots of folks in a while. Where are they? Donna, Nikki, Tikki, Paula.......Hope you're all doing well.
I've got a taste test at my local testing facility today. I'll earn $25 for testing a new product. Fun for a retired Chick!

I don't want to walk today but I'm going to force myself. I feel very tired. Must be the PMS. Well Chicks....I'm off to breakfast and phone calls to chase service people. Have a great day and drink your water!
Old 06-26-2007, 07:49 AM   #7  
Donna

Hi Vicki - I'm here I've just been reading the posts and really haven't had much to say. Have fun today. Oh and I think Sandra said they were going to another tournament this weekend.

-Donna
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:37 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm glad you're still here, Donna. Sometimes I just feel like lurking too. I just wanted you to know you were missed.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

You know, this lunch with my friend just isn't meant to be. I called her to make sure we were "on" only to find her just weeping. She had just learned that she has to "put down" her dog, which she has had for at least 15 years, if not longer. She was so sad and just didn't feel like getting together. She is going to have a bar-b-que this Sunday for her dog, then take her to the vet on Monday. I'll go to that.

I was visiting this morning with a friend who is dying from cancer (began in the liver and spread everywhere). She is 64 and such a beautiful person. A "wild spirit" and an artist whose work graces my home. She is full of gratitude for having lived life and is exiting peacefully so far. I met her 21 years ago, when she showed up in my life at a time I needed help related to my husband's death. Another circle completed...

I hope you all have a blessed day! AND, drink your water or Vickie will chase you down with a water hose!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:18 PM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Let's just pretend our water is as good as fine wine between friends. I'll toast to all of you!

Rhonda, I'm sorry about your friend's dog. I completely understand. I'm still missing Cameo the kitty. I cried for days. I think the BBQ is a lovely idea. You are a wonderful friend to not diminish the depth of love she has for her pup. Not everyone understands. Enjoy your Wild Spirit friend as much as you can. Cindy and I went full circle too. I can barely believe that a year ago Sunday we were at the anniversary party to celebrate their 25 wedding anniversary. I still miss her every day.

I'm going to have some lunch soon and then begin to think about going in the pool. It is just downright sultry here; probably like the weather that Kathy has all the time. It's really the humidity that bothers me though.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:22 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi all, I've been reading, but not much time to post. Its way too hot today - I would have loved to do nothing but sit in my mom's pool. However, our little social butterfly Sarah has a bday party from 1-3 today. I hope the house it air conditioned! I need to figure out at what age I can drop her off at parties rather than staying. This little boy was not in her class, he was part of the lunch group. So, I probably won't know any of the moms. Great....fun for me!

I've been doing good op - WI tomorrow, missed last week then next Wed is the 4th, so it will be another 2 week streatch for me. Right now I'm hoping to stay the same, no hopes for a loss. Oh well, I will still go.....

Frouf, glad to read things are getting better. I hope the counseling helps.

Rhonda, sorry about your friends dog. We've had our lab for almost 10 years, got him when he was 8 weeks. I'd be devistated (or will be) when the time comes. Hugs to her.

Kathy, hope your computer problems don't stick around. Its nice to have you back posting!

Vickie, glad you stayed for the meeting. .4 isn't too bad, good luck on your recommittment!

Well, need to get a bday present wrapped. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:49 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

hi there. we're home from the national field championship. i won. so far this year i have won 2 of the 3 national championships for the national archery association. the 3rd and final one is in colorado springs in august. we're trying to decide whether or not to go. i think i could be the first 60+ yr old woman to win all 3 in the same year. (you know how i am. we'll prob go.)

we got home this am and have been busy ever since getting all unpacked, washed, etc..... and then getting ready to fly to tx this thurs. what a whirlwind! (i love it!!)

frouf, i'm glad things are improving. i hope all works out for you the way you want it to.

kathy, i'm still gardening, too, but just with flowers. i need to go deadhead roses in a minute. the yard men just finished mowing. my friend from near austin is competing in the national senior olympics this week. as of this am she's in 2nd place. i'm anxious to hear how she does.

vickie, i'm glad you're back at ww regularly. that's a big key to our success. i floundered this weekend. i can't tell you how much hiking we did at that tournament. i will post pictures when i get them and tell you all all about it.

patti, you're going to love . you'll reach your goal for sure.

rhonda, i'm impressed with your entertaining. i know doyle just beams with pride. i am so happy for you two. makes me smile.

hi, angela, donna, and paula.

did i miss anyone? if so, i apologize.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:05 PM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Paula, I'm glad you're well! Hang in there until your next weigh in. You seem to be doing VERY well.

Sandra, welcome home! I missed you. Congratulations on your win! Of course, you have to go for the triple crown. You'll get back on program. I bet you did great with all that hiking.

I can't get in the pool. It got very dark and we had severe thunderstorm warnings. I swear to GOD we got not ONE drop of rain. Some areas around us they say got 2-5 inches. How crazy is that. I might be able to go in after dinner.

Talk to you all in the morning.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:58 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

vickie, i'm glad you didn't get in the pool with those storms looming. i've been pruning/deadheading roses/petunias this afternoon. everything looks good. whew!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:31 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 10"

Back for a quick stop -- Welcome back Sandra and CONGRATS! Yeah, you'll go in August and I bet you'll win too!

Well, the bday party ended up OK ---- I didn't stay! I know the mom who was having it and it was at her house so I was comfortable leaving. Sarah found Nate, the birthday boy and they hugged hello! Then when I picked her up she was in the playroom, dressed in a princess costume with a bunch of boys playing swords around her. I think we are going to be in trouble with her! I am glad she is so outgoing and confident in herself. Much more than I have ever been, especially as a kid.

Well, off to get her into the tub. I have wi tomorrow, I'll post how it goes. Good luck to everyone....
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote