Old 05-25-2007, 05:44 PM   #46  
focused and aiming

rhonda, is it your birthday? what is your celebration? did i miss something?

congrats to all of us for being op. from what i'm reading, it sounds like a lot of focused chickies here.

i lost 2 lbs this week. curtis maintained but he'd eaten bfast and had drunk 2.5 glasses water prior to wi.

got to go. sf/ff pud's calling me.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:36 PM   #47  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Height: 5'5

Hey Ladies!
Havent updated all week.This week has been very blah here with TOM.just cant seem to get Hard-Core ya know? The baby has been sick as well.Very clingy and I havent gotten much done around the house.Went to the Drs this am and sure enough I was right.Double ear infection.Poor thing.It is getting so hot here.I'm getting the blahs big time.WI is Saturday morning.I
ll be lucky if I see a pound lost.Which with be fine with me.the other night I ate 3 cookies!! the chocolate chip gooey ones lol totally broke down but I'm human and I have to learn that Im not solid as a rock and I do make mistakes,its what I do with them thats important.Cant say I ate totally Core today but still healthy which is good enough for the beach!
TikiOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:59 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Sandra, aren't you counting the days since my wedding??
Today was our 6th month anniversary. Believe me, I won't lose a pound this week! But, congrats to you!

Tiki! those %#$*$(@ cookies! Oh well, move on! They are a weakness of mine, for certain.

Our meal was very good, but, you know, I'm just not as fond of meat of any kind as I used to be. A small piece is enough for me usually. But, we won't go there often, despite DH's desires!!

Night all.,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:28 PM   #49  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sigh.....my treadmill is now completely broken. The story is just too darned long and sad to retell. I've written a letter to the company asking them to give us a brand new comparable treadmill since they don't seem to be able to repair this one. We'll see.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:28 PM   #50  
focused and aiming

rhonda, happy 6 month anniversary. it's almost doyle's bday, isn't it? i thought i had both your bdays on my puter calendar, but i don't see them. would you e them to me again?

tiki, cookies often call my name, too. for a good wi tomorrow.

vickie, i'm sorry about the demise of your treadmill. i hope you get a new one soon.

we had watermelon tonight after dinner. earlier today we each had a snickers. we just wrote down the pts and enjoyed every bite. life is good. the odd thing is--we both decided that 1/2 a snickers would have been enough and next time we're going to share. now that's an nsv for sure. i used to be a "snickers queen" and could eat a whole 6 pack.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:20 AM   #51  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Birthday week must be over soon because it is SO hard to eat on program when everyone wants you to celebrate.

Speaking of cravings for snickers, I have an incredible craving for lasagna. I may just have it tonight at my birthday dinner out and be done with it.

I'm not going to use the broken treadmill as an excuse not to exercise now that I've started again. I'll either do WATP or walk in the neighborhood with Jim and and the dog. We can all use exercise.

Have a great on program day.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:40 AM   #52  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Height: 5'5

Morning!
Glad to see I'm not the only one with a soft spot for cookies! I should have known but just cause i"m dieting i try not to deprive the skinny people in my life lol

Vickie sorry about your treadmill.I would have been upset too.I hope they can give you something to replace it.Good for you for keeping it up.I love my WATP dvds especially when I'm pressed for time.
Sandra- thats great splitting something you love.thats whats so great about these flex points so you dont feel like your missing out! congrats on the weight loss! Looks like having a partner with you,really motivates you.Tell Curtis congrats too! hes brave eating and drinking before WI lol I onlydrink my coffee 2hours prior!
TikiOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:21 AM   #53  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning ladies and happy long weekend to the US chickies. Its glorious here in the northeast. A touch of summer today and then more normal tomorrow through next week. And very sunny! Just finished cleaning the bathroom, then we are off to run errands and grocery shop. My goal is to be out working in my yard after lunch. May have Sarah's friend come over and play -- that way I can do my flower beds while she is having fun.

Food wise I'm doing great. The scale is moving down. The new thing I'm trying this week is to cut back on the carbs. I've been eating cereal for bf and having some sort of start with lunch and dinner. I'm now having fruit and eggs for bf, and skipping the carbs at either lunch or dinner. I can easily have a core day with very little protein. I do know that tends to cause me to stall or gain. On wed my am weight was 182 (of course TOM was here) but now it was 180 this am. So, its on the right move.

We have a cookout tomorrow and thats about it. I'm bringing a core mexican rice salad. Very yummy. I can have that and some grilled chicken (its a chicken bbq!). So, I should be OK.

Vickie - Happy belated Birthday! Hope it was a wonderful day. Sorry about your treadmill, I hope your letter gets a positive response. I do believe the squeaky wheel gets the grease! Also, Bravo to you for not letting that stop you from exercising. At least its nice now and not the dead of winter. Perfect weather for an outside walk. I've been going around 7:45 pm to walk the dog. Its so nice that I don't need the flash light.

Sandra - congrats to you on the loss and also to Curtis. Even though he didn't show a loss, I'm sure its coming. You are both doing so great. Bravo on the NSV -- how many points is a snickers anyway??

Rhonda, happy 6 month anniversary! Hope you had a nice night.

Tiki, don't give up. Just focus on today. I've been eating alot of melon - making a fruit salad of watermelon, cantelop and honey dew. All are just perfect right now, very sweet. Hope you are able to get back on track.

Frouf, how are you feeling? I hope the add'l meds kick the depression more. At least you do have an appt in a few weeks. There is no reason to not use meds to help get rid of the cloud. I hope your back to your old self soon.

Melissa?? Where are you? How are you? Please check in.
Angela, how is your garden? I hope you are doing well.

Well, off to shop and get outside. I'll check back tonight. Bye bye!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:35 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All:

It's a glorious day here in Toronto also. Deep blue skies, no summer smog, and mild temperatures.

I'm headed to work on my not-quite-finished garden. I pulled weeds one day this past week, and there is lots more to do.

BBL,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:49 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 310/237/180

Height: 5'9"

A quick ck in and a busy weekend. Have a happy enjoyalbe weekend everyone

I weighed in at 3.8 pounds lost !!!!!
Ginas going 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #56  
Southside White Sox Fan

Gina, that's amazing! Congratulations.

Rhonda, it's going to rain here for the next five days but I don't mind. It's been very dry and my sprinkler system is broken. Sigh. It's always something.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:26 PM   #57  

Hi Core Board..how is everyone?? Thought I'd stop by...as I did core all this week, with what I consider great results...3 lb loss. I've had some 'personal' crap going on and it has affected me emotionally and program wise. I am sure most can relate to feeling that way.
It was a good week, and even though I am in the mix everyday, I still learn even more at the meetings. I love the phrase used today in the Getting Started Session, I sat in on that....just because
Bite it, Write it.
Snack it, Track it
Nibble it, Scribble it.

I am all about the program, most here know that. I used the 'new' snack guidelines this week, and I saw a difference..I only had whatever of the five are on the list.
I made "many" fruit smoothies through out the week for in-between snack not the WW ones for snack-as those are limited to one a day. Those if need be I had as my 'dessert' snack with some fruit in them as well.
This worked for me, as some know I am not the biggest fan of fruit. I had for the first time ever, an avacado...I brought 1/2 of one with me for breakfast along with HB eggs (just the whites, sliced) and 1 oz FF garden vegetable cheese, listed in the CFC - marked core. It was actually very good.
I am doing another week of core, and actually my husband is doing it with me, God knows he doesn't need to. He even attended the meeting this morning, and enjoyed the on-goings. It was fun. As a group we lost 49.5 lbs!!

As we all know, life and its grip gets in the way sometimes of life.
I wish you all a safe and enjoyable weekend.
Hope you don't mind if I stop back.
Take care and be well.
L.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #58  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, you know you are always welcome. Congratulations on your spectacular loss. I always knew it would be good for you if we could get you making those smoothies!

It is tough to keep life from getting in the way, insn't it? I'm off to my party!
Old 05-26-2007, 03:23 PM   #59  

Thanks Vickie....I started searching for "your" cherrie garcia smoothie. I am sooo into those now....and I get my fruit in....who knew!!!
Just had a great one, one of the better ones I made.
Frozen strawberries, frozen mangos, 1/2 banana and not quite a cup of FF milk.
It came out SO thick....I drank half and put the other half in the freezer.
It was so delicious. It really was my new found saving grace.
L.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:03 PM   #60  
Donna

Good Evening Chickies-

Well it turned out to be only 4800 pre-solds yesterday, the largest portion of which were school kids. It gets to the point where by 3:00 when most of them are back on there buses headed home I am so sick of my own voice (I talk for a living) I don't have much to say to the visitors who are left. After work I was whipped and did not go to Curves, I was going to walk when I got home, but couldn't muster the energy, so I showered and sat in the recliner watching tv all night. Glad DH doesn't mind cooking sometimes.

All you who have beautiful weather you apparently stole ours. It was really hot thurs, muggy yesterday and today was cold and rainy. Fortunately my job for the day ended a couple of hours early, so DH came by and we walked around the village looking at the Civil War Re-enactors that are there for the weekend. It was fun.

Rhonda - I'm with you on avoiding the holiday crowds. That's why we went out of town last week.

Vickie - Hope you're having fun at your party.

Gina - 3.8 lbs Congratulations.

Sandra - Congrats to you to on those 2 lbs. You are so focused I'm impressed.

Tiki - Don't fret too much about the cookies, just count 'em and forget 'em. If you really enjoyed them it was worth it.

Frouf - Hang in there. Hopefully you'll find out something that helps. Depression is hard to deal with at any time. I do know exercise really helped me, in conjunction with the med.

Well, I should go up and help with dinner. Have a great night everyone.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote