Old 03-27-2007, 08:08 PM   #16  

ONTARGET
YOU GO GIRL!!!!
Went to the site. That is wonderful. We are proud of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:30 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

I'm really enjoying Frouf's adventures with the costumes...can't tell you how many costumes my poor mother had to sew for me!!

(It's blood pressure meds and grapefruit I believe....yes, check it out with MD!)

Sandra, I can't find you! Can you give other instructions?

I've had another very long day...but, I won two major grievances for others; had great meetings with students; and generally did good work today! Feels good.

Eating was higher calorie than the last two days, but tomorrow is another day.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:34 PM   #18  

OK, Sandra, I found it! Your cousin said "I'll be darned" or something like that!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:04 PM   #19  
~*Tink*~

S/C/G: 240/195/170

Height: 5'11"

Hey ladies.

Vickie - hey we learn something new everyday right. who knew it would be about sump pumps

aghiowa - it's true, it's very hard not to just eat and eat and not pay any attention to what you are eating. try keeping track of what you are eating by writing it down. i know on core you don't have to do this but i find that when i write things down i'm less likley to eat something that i shouldn't, probably because i actually have to stop and think about what i'm going to put in my mouth.

Well not much to say here. Really hated work today. Why is it that men can't seem to keep a port-a-poty clean? I mean come on they don't dump all over the seat at home and wait for someone to clean it up. What made matters worse is that out of 4 port-a-poties we only had one today that had TP in it. I thought I was going to die!!!
I've kept on track with all my food so far (only started on Monday) but i'm trying to be good seeing as how my TOM is here and lord knows i just want to eat anything and everything ... but i'm trying
Well i'm off to take my dog for a walk. keep me away from all this yummy food that my mom just got for my brother - who by the way is all nice and toned and eats anything he wants and doesn't seem to gain a poun. why is it that men can do that? even my father who casualy follows WW can lose weight without really trying ... men
Well i hope the rest of the night goes well for you ladies. i will pop in again tomorrow and who knows maybe i'll learn some more about sump pumps

~*Michelle*~
TinkerBell1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:00 AM   #20  

Men, indeed! DH has lost 10 pounds over the last six weeks by merely cutting out bread and potatoes!

The potty story is a hoot...take your paper with you is a solution to one problem...about the other problem, I just have no idea

I'm beginning my day with walking the dogs, then going to my Pilates class, hoping I don't aggravate my lower back pain. I've been reading that sit ups may not be so great for you because of the torque on the back and neck. Hmmm... I never do them straight legged, but a lot of people do.

The weather has been so much better lately, and that is good for motivating me to walk...I know we all feel the same. I saw my ex SIL the other day who has lost 30 pounds in just a few months. She has been walking seven miles a day!

OK, Vickie, I have to know. Why do you have a sump pump?

Have a great day everyone.

Rhonda
Old 03-28-2007, 08:29 AM   #21  

Good Morning ladies, boy am I sore today, I did 3 hrs yard work yesterday, I can't believe how many acorns I raked up it was insane and I am still far from done. I will do some more raking and scooping of acorn and leaves, the part that kills me is putting it all in a plastic bag, ouch my aching back

Sandra I am going to check out the link you sent!

Froufy how is the sewing going, I am thinking of putting dd in dance class, she loves to dance you got to see her do her little belly dance.

Rhonda glad you had a good day yesterday.

Michelle I grew up with 3 brothers so I know what you are talking about.

Quick question, does anybody know how many points for salad pizza, I was too tired to cook last night and I had that for dinner, I thought it would be less points than regular pizza, I hope I was right
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:22 AM   #22  

Vickie I know what you mean, when it rains it definitely pours, my house needs so many repairs and nothing is under $1000.00, sometimes I think renting is so much better at least the landlord can pay for all the repairs.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #23  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! It's gray and rainy here and probably will be for the next 3 days. I didn't stress eat last night and I'm proud of myself for that. We are trying to keep the fence people from coming until we get our permit from our village. It's so silly but we can't let them start work until we get permission to replace a fence on our own property. The second sump pump gets replaced tomorrow and so far the basement is dry. It's hard for me to explain why we have them but I think the simplest explanation is that the ground in Illinois is so flat that the ground water when it rains has no place to go except for people's basements. The sump pump sits in a pit and when the water fills up in the pump the pump goes off and pumps the water out away from the house, usually underground so that it can run off to sit elsewhere. In the old days the water used to be pumped into the sewer system but that is no longer allowed because it puts too much stress on the sewer system especially during storms. You know we get alot of rain here in Chicagoland!

There.....now you know everything there is to know about sump pumps. What an unlikely place to learn it!

The good news is that whenever I'm doing stuff with house improvement it ususally makes me so nervous that I can't eat. Like now I have this really weird lump in the back of my throat feeling. I think it's nerves and I've never had it before. It's VERY bizarre. Jim thinks it's allergies but I've had it since Sunday and it's not going away. Sigh.

I'm off now to see what you are all up to.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #24  

Yes, everybody here in Iowa has a sump pump too, and if you don't, you have a wet basement. I think the water table is high here, and so if you get any extra water entering the ground, it follow the path of least resistance into basements. Trust me, when it's raining buckets, the slamming and thumping of a sump pump is a welcome sound.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #25  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, I am VERY proud of you. It sounds like you and the girls are having fun and trying to enjoy life despite your worries. I'm saying prayers that DH's interview goes well today. I understand about the control/lack of control issue since I often have them myself. Extra walking will certainly help alot. Don't lose your lifetime status. It's way to important to you.

Oh Frouf.....great news if you can get the camera at cost. That would fix them wouldn't it?! I hope you got those snaps on and the hairspray purchased. As for those skinny Moms.....I'm sure there lives are not as wonderful as they look. I've been on BP medicine for many many years and have always been told and read that I cannot eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice or it will negate the BP medicine. The funny thing about the sump pump noises is that I'm so used to them that I miss them when they aren't there.

Sandra, I would enjoy the waterfall but not putting it in. You and Curtis must be handy. Try not to fret. You know it doesn't help and only makes things worse. I can't see your results. I go to the page and only get the banner and it says it's done loading at the bottom. Harumpf.

Coco, I enjoyed this week's meeting too. I get tons of inspiration fromt his board. Way more than from my meeting. I learn at the meeting but from the women here I get the strength to keep trudging!

Rhonda, congratulations on winning the grievances! I spent 30 years working in Human Resources and later in the EEO field investigating/deciding complaints of discrimination. I often found myself across the table from the Union folks. I always had a great rapport/reputation with them since I was fair. I never forced a complaint through formal channels if I could convince management to let me fix it. I didn't always convince management though! It's tough and emotional work no matter what side of the table you're on. I also had to stop doing sit ups many years ago because I'd hurt my back so badly that I could barely walk. I think they told me that I was using my back to pull myself up instead of my stomach muscles. I couldn't get the hang of using the stomach so I had to stop.

Oh Nikki....I bet your upper body is SO sore! Congratulations on all that great exercise though. I'm sure it will pay off on weigh in day. I've never heard of salad pizza. It sounds like something that would be against the law in Chicago. We're very proud of our crust! I guess you just have to count the points for the things you dropped in to keep the lettuce company? Sorry I can't be much help.

Ok, it's time for breakfast if I can manage to eat past this weird lump in my throat.

Tink, glad I could expand your knowledge of sump pumps! So lordy, lordy, as if the port-a-potty isn't bad enough you have to use one with TOM?!!!! I would have to find another occupation! Did you see my post a while back about Core smoothies? I hoped they would help your cravings during TOM. Men sure do lose easier. It just isn't fair.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #26  
Southside White Sox Fan

Yeah...Angela said it beautifully! I forgot she'd have them too. What's the plan for today, friend?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:02 AM   #27  

Vickie that is strange you mentioned that you feel like you have a lump in your throat, My ds has been complaining that he feels something in his throat for the past 2 weeks, I took him to the pediatrician and he did not see anything. Maybe it is allergies he does get them and this is the season. HMMM interesting, I was thinking of taking him to ent, to check his throat better.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:11 AM   #28  
Southside White Sox Fan

I just tried to call my ENT but he's out today. It's so weird and really hard to explain. I take a claritin every day but it's not helping this and it came out of the clear blue sky.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:47 AM   #29  

Morning chicks,
sorry dh was home the last two days so I didnt get here to post my menus. I will today though. Im very upset right now as well. My oldest dd is getting married next year (2008) and was just told the minister wont marry them for two reasons which I wont get into here but I having a hard time with. Ive been a good volunteer for many years in our church (the wedding is in a different place though) and this is making me really think about my church right now.
Sandra, I want to see pictures of your waterfalls when they are done..our pond is out of the snow now and I think in a couple of weeks it will probably be running again. I havent seen our fish all winter..they are always so shy when we put them back into the pond.
Vickie I wonder if the lump in your throat and the headaches are connected is some way...as in allergies.
Frouf you have way more patience then me...I would have gotten the gluegun out and glued those little suckers on!! hate sewing
Angela I hope this is the one for dh...I will be thinking of you guys
Michelle do you work on a construction site?? porta potties blechhhhh
Niki your house sounds like mine,,,dh and I try to fix it up as much as we can afford..a little at a time. A neighbour told me years ago....when you fix something in your house....take the price your quoted and triple it!! good advice
Rhonda its so nice walking this time of year here...no flies no heat I loveit!!
well i better go get dressed and think about something for supper...
have agreat day everyone
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:53 AM   #30  

Hi all. The plan today is that we went to the library and got a whole stack of books. It's nice to do it today, because it's raining, so we're stuck indoors. My 8 year old got a bunch of book about blood , and one entitled "The Truth About Poop." She's more interested in nonfiction than fiction. Of course, my middle dd cleared them out of Curious George books (she loves monkeys, and CG particularly.)

Dh's interview is after lunch, so we'll probably just hang around home here, relaxing, reading our new books and praying. I'm getting kind of tired of the contant husband at home thing, although I am managing to keep to some kind of schedule, thank goodness.

My mom and I are beginning to plan our garden for the year. We're very excited because it's our first full year of the square foot gardening. We already have some onions, leeks and a few flowers coming up from last year. I'm thinking something with fresh green onions for dinner is in order.

I am doing marginally better with my eating...baby steps, I guess.

I'm taking my girls for their yearly well-child checks at the dr tomorrow, since our medical insurance runs out on the 31st. Still waiting to hear if we can get the kids qualified for Medicaid or something like that, should we not find a job before then.

Well, time to get working... Later!
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote