Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #61  

Height: 5'7"

Holy cow, Sandra! That's horrible!! I'm just glad you weren't hurt any worse (and didn't shoot anybody).
Old 01-18-2007, 04:48 PM   #62  
focused and aiming

thanks, kathy. me, too.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:01 PM   #63  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Sandra - you poor darling! Hope you are okay and not too frazzled? I am hoping that you are being well taken care of by Curtis - and he is waiting on you hand and foot and making sure you have whatever you need!

Kathy - hang in there - eating regular meals will DEFINITELY help! Hope your situation is resolving itself?

Almost time to head home - I was reading up on omega 3's today and decided we really need to eat more fish! I do buy fish once in a while - but of course not everyone likes every type! Usually salmon - but I also love halibut (very expensive) and fresh tuna (extremely hard to find!). Think I shall stop somewhere on the way home and get some fish for dinner??? (does smoked salmon count? )

Frouf
Old 01-18-2007, 08:31 PM   #64  
focused and aiming

frouf, curtis is doing better now at pampering than he was at first. i think he was in shock. i know i was. what about walleye? i got some last week and it was amazing. also, there's tilapia. we've already had fish 3 times this week and will eat some at cracker barrel tomorrow for lunch. back in the late 60's when i first joined ww, (see how old and how long i've been fat.) we had to eat fish at least 5 times a week. we lost faster doing that. i was surprised when ww gave us more freedom--but i like that freedom. i'm not complaining.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:35 PM   #65  

Lordy! I think I could eat fish five times a week but I sure didn't know it used to be mandatory. I wonder what people did who don't like fish? We're blowing thru the chicken like crazy because Judd has to eat 12 oz. a day in addition to his brown rice, oatmeal, salads and tuna. So far he's doing okay on it and is still going to the gym every day.

My blood sugar was 132 this afternoon. I'm a little worried about that. It would be considered a fasting test because it had been 8 hours since eating lunch. I tested it as soon as I got home from work. I guess I'll just keep on watching it.

Frouf, if you end up taking fish oil as a capsule, there are some really good ones. We take Nature Made brand.

I'll check back in a little while.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:00 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

OH MY, Sandra! I'm so glad you weren't hurt.

I enjoyed today at work very much and managed to NOT eat any cookies, even though they were everywhere. I had a banana instead!

Frouf, I know what you mean about rich foods. On Christmas Day we ate with a friend who is a fantastic cook. While we definitely enjoyed ourselves, we did not gorge. But, we felt a little queasy that night. I was sure it was because the foods were more rich than we normally eat.

We just watched "A Lot Like Love" with Ashton Kutcher (is that his name?) and Amanda Peet. It was a really cute, feel-good little movie.

I made a good chicken dish tonight. Just chicken breasts cooked in tomatoes, with onions and garlic that had been browned in a bit of olive oil. I seasoned it all with oregano, cumin and paprika. I served DH's over rice and mine over nothing. It was tasty and satisfying.

Off to bed now...

Rhonda
Old 01-18-2007, 10:34 PM   #67  
Melissa

Sandra!

You too Kathy.

I'm off to bed girls...good night and thank goodness tomorrow's Friday!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 10:51 PM   #68  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Kathy - is there anything you are supposed to do if your blood sugar is higher than normal? Should you talk to your dr???

I also remember the mandatory fish meals and also I think you were supposed to eat liver once a week? I of course like liver but I know most people couldn't stand that 'rule'!

Rhonda - your chicken dish sounds so very yummy and I bet it smelled very good cooking!

Sandra - thanks for the fish suggestions - don't think I have ever seen walleye here - but have seen tilapia. Are omega 3's in all fish? I thought it was better to eat the 'oily' fish - salmon, tuna, halibut, herring, sardines, etc.

Kathy - I also found a great listing of different brands of omega 3 and how 'pure' and clean they are!http://www.nutrasource.ca/ifos_new/i...ting%20Reports

And I was a bad bunny tonight - a bit more eating than normal? not really hungry just looking to nibble - and NO EXERCISE - just didn't feel like it! I have determined that I will exercise Friday, Sat and Sunday to make up for it - no room for slackers here!

...and tomorrow after work I am hoping to head out to the 'makeup sale'. Of course dd wants to come along and is already talking about a list a mile long. This is held in a big hall in the local sportsplex and they have major makeup brands - all sorts of stuff on sale from hair color to nail polish (Revlon, Almay, Olay, Neutrogena, Cover Girl, etc). They have a couple of products I always use and which are hard to find - of course by the time I get there they will probably be out of all my favorites!

Time for bed!

Froufie
Old 01-19-2007, 09:13 AM   #69  
Donna

Good Morning All,
Sandra - Glad you're o.k. but I bet that hurt . I'm currently not working, I work at an outdoor history attraction and it's closed Jan - March so I'm laid off. I supposed to be looking for a new job this winter, but haven't gotten started on that either .

Frouf - yes, we musn't forget the liver once a week. I was a kid when my mom joined in the mid 70's and what she ate we ate!!!!!!!!!

Well, gotta go grab breakfast then lock myself in my quilting room. I promised to finish my nephews quilt to get back to him before he leaves to go back to college, and he leaves Tues. so I've gotta get on the stick.

Have a great day all.

- Tech
Old 01-19-2007, 02:04 PM   #70  

Hi All:

This morning I had to meet with a federal gov't honcho, along with others from the post-secondary sector. We were told that "breakfast will be served" at 7AM. You know what that meant: bagels, muffins, toast, jam, cream cheese. There was some fruit. I had water, period. As I left the meeting, I grabbed a muffin, took one bite and pitched the rest. I can't say what I would have done if it had been good tasting

Now, of course, someone has brought the BEST coffee cake into the office. Why me??? Why me?? OK, one piece and that's it.

HELP!!!

Rhonda
Old 01-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #71  
focused and aiming

hi there. i'm home from getting my hair cut/styled (sassy!) and will leave in a few minutes for a makeup makeover. am i on a roll or what? i am going to wi in the am instead of today. a gf asked me to go with her so that's what i'm doing. i do think i'll have a gain. oh, well.

kathy, i was one of those who didn't like fish back in the 60's. the only fish i'd eat back then was canned salmon or canned tuna. i ate a lot of tuna with mustard. we were also required to eat liver once a week, too. (i hated that.) i'd cut mine into tiny pieces and eat it like taking pills. gradually i developed a taste for liver/onions. but that was just up to "tolerable." program's changed a great deal since then.

rhonda, kudos, cuz!! you're doing great. you're inspiring me. thank you for that. last night we watched "breaking up" with jennifer anniston and vince vaughn. it was listed as a comedy but wound up being pretty serious. we also watched "gridiron gang." both were good movies.

melissa, how are you doing? i'm glad you're able to pop in here.

frouf, i just saw your message about liver. yep, i'm one of those who didn't like it. i don't know about the omega 3's. let us know what you find out. have fun at the makeup sale. i'll be at the clinique counter here in a few minutes. won't we be the great painted ladies!

tech, that's interesting about your working at a history attraction. i'll bet you meet a lot of interesting folks. (enjoy your time off.)

rhonda, here comes the calvary!!!!!!! dodge that coffee cake, girl.

vickie, how's your week? that movie i saw last night was staged in chicago. have you seen it? i thought of you while we watched it especially when they were at the ballpark watching the sox.

got to go. i am positive i'll be looking 30 years younger when i return home. (don't i wish.)
Old 01-19-2007, 06:48 PM   #72  

Liver and onions? Fish? ummmmm. I love them both. Especially the butter that goes with them

Old 01-19-2007, 06:55 PM   #73  

Happy Friday evening to you all ... it's a quiet, rainy night here. Judd was supposed to go play poker (actually, he was just going to watch) at a coworker's house tonight but decided to come home instead. We're going to watch TV and go to bed early, because tomorrow morning he takes Precious to the vet at 8 a.m., and I'll be home waiting for the exterminator who is also scheduled for 8. After those two things are done, we have a list of errands a mile long and will be gone most of the day.

He's wondering how to preserve his manhood after carrying a 4 pound dog into the vet's office. I told him he could put her in a box, but he thought that was mean. I told him people would think it was a snake, and that he was a real manly man for having a snake for a pet. He said no. Oh well.

I got weird news today. The hospital called inviting me back for an ultrasound. I had my mammogram yesterday and apparently the radiologist says there are things there now that weren't there last time. He told someone to call me to schedule it but when they called, I had no idea. They thought I already knew I was going to have it ... there was confusion but bottom line is that I have to go. They sure do know how to ruin somebody's weekend! I go Monday morning for the u/s. I'm sure it's nothing though.

Girl Scout cookies were delivered today. I think the others are a little upset with me because I didn't get the old standbys of Thin Mints and PB Sandwiches. Instead I got the reduced fat cinnamon kind, and some lemon things, and some shortbread. Otherwise, "someone" would blow his diet and then be sorry and I didn't want to be responsible for it.

Better go ... I'll be back in a while to see if anyone has showed up.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:10 PM   #74  
focused and aiming

kathy, i'll bet that did shake you up. i had that happen about 3 years ago. i hope yours shows nothing's going on. be sure to keep us informed.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:15 PM   #75  

I just read something today about doing ultrasounds instead of mammograms in order to get better readings.
Let's hope they just need a clearer picture. I've been called back a few times myself; it's anxiety producing, I know.

The chocolate cake I wrote about probably isn't Core, now that I read the recipe more carefully. But, it's on the SB thread, under dessert2 and is called Unbelievable Chocolate Cake. I used Splenda, not sugar, but it does have some WW flour. I also cut it into 16 pieces, not 9 so that would reduce the points.

I've been up since 5AM and am going to bed. I bet I sleep tonight. See you all tomorrow.

Rhonda
Closed Thread