Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 11:45 PM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

Rhonda, I eat a square of Dove dark chocolate every night. It's my reward for making it thru the day. I have my little Fostoria coin glass dish by the bedside full of individually wrapped chocolates. A bag will last for a month.

It has been a pretty good evening here, although I'm dealing with a few kid issues that are bothering me. Hopefully it's nothing that can't be repaired with some prayer and wise choices.

I made it thru nearly 8 hours of work today so there's hopes for tomorrow too. I sat on a heating pad most of the day which was nice. I keep one at work for when I get cold; space heaters have been outlawed since someone caught their cube wall on fire.

Bedtime for me ... see you all tomorrow and I hope everyone has a good, restful night.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:56 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

hi there. we've been cozying up watching tv tonight. i did go to w a. i came home starved and had a large bowl of core taco soup. it's good to have food on hand. we had core lasagna for lunch. i'm glad i cooked sunday. life is good.

frouf, i hope you can get off your meds. i have to admit i'm enjoying not having to go to the restroom every few minutes in the mornings now that i'm off diuretics. speaking of which, i don't think i've gained any weight from coming off them, but i'll know for sure friday.

wow! your weather is cold. i know you girls are as tired of this as i am. i even wore a headband over my ears today. i told curtis i'm going to have to start wearing more clothes. i'm not used to this cold--i'm used to being hot natured.

rhonda, i heard dark chocolate is healthy. yours probably wasn't more than 2 pts at the most. that's not bad.

kathy, i'm glad you had that heating pad. good success tomorrow. i hope you aren't in too much pain.

it's getting late. i'm going to do some reading. i'll be back tomorrow. ya'll have a good evening.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:14 AM   #33  

Morning ladies! It's also bitterly cold here. Last night when I was watching the news, it was -5 (without factoring in windchill). Today should be a little warmer...we may get into the double digits!

I agree that the thinner you get, the colder you get. It's been this cold before, and I've always been OK. But now in the last year or so, it seems like I'm always cold. Brrr. I've taken to turning up the thermostat, which isn't a great idea for our gas bill. Oh well.

I have weigh-in this evening. I'm thinking it still won't be very good. TOM is still around, and I don't feel any lighter really.

Remember how I roasted a duck a few days ago? It was great, but very fatty of course. Anyway, I took the leftover meat and made a nice savory soup last night with carrots, celery, onion, parsley, and rice sticks (those Chinese rice noodles). I was laughing that I had made "duck soup." (and it was easy! )

I promised the kids they could have some hot apple cider this morning, so I'd better make good on that. Later ladies!

Angela
Old 01-17-2007, 10:04 AM   #34  
Melissa

Hey everybody, just thought I'd check in and let you know that we made it through yesterday. Today I am exhausted and wishing I wasn't at work, but that's the way it goes.
I hope that you all have great days. I'm trying my best to stay op.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:45 PM   #35  
Losing it for a 2nd time

Helloe ladies,
Hope everyone is staying warm. I have been doing well this week but have had an overwhelming craving for chocolate, Chocolate chips as a treat last night and half a cookie from Panera this afternoon. Hopefully thats the end of it. Anyway, will try to overcome the cravings the rest of the week, but I am going away tommorrow and coming back Monday. I always have so much trouble eating well when I am away from home. I think I will try to get in a workout every morning and that will help keep off the lbs.
I hope all of you ladies have a great rest of the week
Jenn
Old 01-17-2007, 12:59 PM   #36  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy COLD Wednesday everyone. Gosh seems like its been such a long time since I've posted. I have been able to hop on and read now and again, but not as often as I was.

So, I did manage to weigh in today - stayed the same. I'm not too worried. I have been very good, and this morning my weight seemed to jump. Having my official WI the same as last week is OK. I know it will catch up next week. If I had been binging then my attitude may be different. Tomorrow is a new day!

Sarah is back to normal. She did have an odd reaction to the antibiotics yesterday - at least thats my diagnosis. She woke up with itchy spots all over her legs and stomach. They looked like bug bites. I did wash all of her bedding and sheets. But I decided to skip the last doses (she had one day left). At her 4 year old check up I need to make sure I mention this to the doctor.

Work has been very busy - I have to head out this afternoon to a meeting in Boston. Should take about 45 mins to get there - it runs from 4-6:30. So, I won't be home until 7:30 or so. I'm actually looking forward to it, in my job I don't go out of the office that often. Plus, I don't have to deal with dinner at home - dh is on his own. Hopefully he will feed Sarah something nutritional!

Angela, the duck sounds wonderful. Was it a wild duck or from the market? Dh duck hunts, the ones he gets (when he does ) are very lean. But yummy!

Kathy, how are you feeling today? I pulled my back out a few months ago, not fun. Try the heating wraps, those really helped me alot. There a one time use heating pad with out wires, they last about 8 hours. Thermawrap or store brands.

Rhonda, I need to find that chocolate cake recipe. sounds too good. I was going through my recipes yesterday and found a core apple cake. Its very good as well.

Frouf, glad things went well at the Drs. What is CRP? I hope in 3 months your BP meds can be cut back.

Well, got to run. I'll stop back when I can.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:25 PM   #37  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

C-reactive protein - shows inflammation in the body - another possible indicator for heart disease!

What antibiotic was Sarah on? You definitely want to mention to dr if you suspect a drug allergy (I wear a medic alert bracelet as I am now allergic to amoxicillin and supposedly should be exposed to any cephalosporins which include penciillin!).

Kathy - glad the heating pad is helping out a bit - are you actually feeling better? I would be very cranky if I were you!...and let's not even imagine a dish with chocolates on my bedside - you can bet they WOULD not last a month!

Angela - the duck soup sounds great - I love duck - but awfully hard to find on any menus here!

Rhonda - try and stay warm. It is BITTERLY cold here today - like -24 celsius and no one should be outside at all. I feel so bad when I see people walking out there I want to pick them up in my van and drive them.

Melissa - hang in there - hope you can get some more rest tonight?

At work today about to head into a 2 hr meeting - Ugh! Pretty busy otherwise. Dh did drop by with an anniversary bouquet of red roses which are now sitting on my desk and perfuming my office! My leg/hip hurts today tho! Think I may have overdone it on the enthusiastic exercise regime? My right leg/hip was a bit sore while doing my 40 mins last night - and definitely more painful today. Hurts when I walk! Perhaps I shall stay off the treadmill today? Wondering if I can still do an exercise tape/dvd? or will that aggravate the issue? Hate to do nothing.

Not sure if we have a sitter tonight as we would like to go our for our anniversary dinner - otherwise we can wait til friday or sat night I guess? Bad thing is little ds is now having this anxiety when dh and I leave the house? A few weeks ago big ds ran into the house late and forgot to turn off the alarm so it went off and I think scared little ds (and the whole neighborhood?). Now he keeps saying he hears noises and is worried about 'bad guys' breaking in. Seems okay if dh and I are home - otherwise definitely wants daddy home, but mom will do in a pinch if dh is out (like I'm going to beat up those 'bad guys'?).

We have told him that he is never left home alone - that either his sister, brother or parent is watching him, that we have a very elaborate/fancy alarm system but he still seems worried? Which is becoming a bit bothersome when we leave the house. Last time we turned the intercom on in his room (it can double as a baby monitor) as we did when he was a baby - and told him to call his brother if he needed him (big ds' room is in the basement and he is sometimes there while little ds is on the second floor)....this seemed to make him happier!

Well hopefully we won't have any problems tonight if we do choose to go out?

Frouf
Old 01-17-2007, 01:43 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

morning, chickies. it's still cold here, too. today's to get into the 20's. i'm still in sweats and won't get dressed to go out till this afternoon. we have league tonight. i'm layering up for that--and i'm the one who almost always shoots in walking shorts. not tonight!

angela, duck soup, eh? you may need to write a cookbook some day. hot apple cider sounds good, too. for wi tonight.

melissa, what did you and your gf decide about going to meetings?

jenn, go to the desserts recipes and check out the killer brownies. they aren't core but they are about 1 pt each. they take care of my chocolate tooth. i hope you're going on a fun trip tomorrow. we'll be here waiting when you get back.

paula, you have a great attitude about your weight. that makes me happy. have fun on your business trip. come back here as soon as you can. i miss you when you're gone.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:58 PM   #39  

Paula, my daughter had those funny bug-bite looking bumps too! It's so weird...looked like a clump of mosquito bites on several parts of her body. It lasted a few days, traveled around her body, and then went away. Was Sarah itchy with them? My daughter was itchy.

Anyway, defninitely mention to your ped, because they're very vigilant about possible drug allergies.

The duck I made was from the grocery store...domestic duckling or something like that. It had a LOT of fat on it, and the most delicious crispy skin. Not that I tasted it, of course.

Angela
Old 01-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #40  
Donna

Hello everyone,

I've been reading your posts and you sound like a fun group so if you don't mind I'll just hop in.

I used to post on this site a while ago (like 5 years) but haven't been around lately. I've been going to WW for a year and a half and have been doing Core since last Oct. But unfortunately have not been able to get back on track totally since the holidays. I'm hoping this will help.

My goal for Jan is to get back on the exercise wagon. I want to go to Curves 3 times a week and walk at least 3 more. So far I've been doing so-so there to

Well, I'm going to go now. I'm gonna walk the dogs although the weather says it's only 29*F out

- Tech
Old 01-17-2007, 03:59 PM   #41  
focused and aiming

tech. a lot of us have been having post holiday problems. mine started with my birthday last week. we're all struggling--but having fun doing so. it's good to have you joining us.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:14 PM   #42  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, Tech! You will have fun here -- we guarantee it or your money cheerfully returned!

Frouf, a very happy anniversary to you and DH! I hope you're able to go out tonight and have a nice dinner, and that things stay calm at home.

It's cold here too, I think it's up to 30 now. Today's high will be 31 and the low 28, but tomorrow it's supposed to be 45 and rain thru the weekend. I hope I don't have to work much this weekend because it sure would be nice to stay in by the fire.

Gosh, they won't leave me alone! I'll be back in a bit. Sheeeesh ... a girl can't even take a little break!
Old 01-17-2007, 04:17 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi:

Oh yes, we are fun -- and cold right now too. I put off the morning dog walk because it was so cold. It's just at freezing now so I have just returned from taking them out.

A number of us, myself included, are getting back on track also. My motivation for is low at the moment, but I do Pilates rather consistently.

We're here to help and share.

Rhonda
Old 01-17-2007, 04:53 PM   #44  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Welcome Tech - the more the merrier - as you can see we are all at different stages of the same struggle - so we can definitely relate!

I am STARVING - just thought I would share that! I think the lack of protein in my lunch was a big mistake??? I just inhaled a whole bag of popcorn and drinking water now.

We have a 7 pm dinner reservation (thanks Kathy for the wishes) but may have to change that as my NASTY dd is not interested in babysitting - wants to go to this makeup sale today - and I am not interested in going today - so she is being her usual stubborn self (I offered tomorrow or friday or saturday but nothing but today seems to suit her - oh ya - maybe then you don't go at all??). So if I don't take her today she won't babysit for us - and if she does she wants to get paid $10/hr - I DON'T THINK SO!

So big ds has class til 7 - will be home around 7:30 pm - so perhaps we shall change our reservation time - altho I did not want to eat that late - and did I mention I was STARVING right now? Shall have to eat - then eat again - NOT GOOD!

Okay done venting now - our email/computers are acting up anyways so I think I shall head home!

Later,

Frouf
Old 01-17-2007, 05:53 PM   #45  
focused and aiming

kathy, don't they know you need your chickie fix?

rhonda, we're up to 27* now and it's snowing. i've been inside all day--just started cooking. i made up a recipe. if it's any good, i'll post it. it's almost core.

frouf, happy anniversary. i hope you and dh have a wonderful celebration.

vickie, where are you, friend? we need you. we're all hungry and need you to talk us into staying op. (guess i should just speak for myself. ) i'm hungry and i need you to talk me into staying op.
Closed Thread