Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 02:26 PM   #61  
Melissa

Don't forget about me friends!
Happy new year!!!

Last edited by septembersgoal; 12-30-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:56 PM   #62  

Height: 5'7"

Never!
Old 12-30-2006, 03:38 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Never could, never would! Hope things are going OK for you Melissa. how'd that final paper go?

So far today I really passed a test. I took my ex's niece out for a holiday lunch. I was going to go to a local chain where I knew I could get chicken breast and salad. Instead, I took her to a scrumptious buffet of her choice. She indulged every whim and I ate shrimp, salad and veggies, more salad and more veggies.

I also changed where we're meeting my Godson and his family for dinner to Red Lobster where they can eat all they want and I can have fish and veggies! Yea! Taking back control

Rhonda
Old 12-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #64  
Melissa

Aw, shucks. Thanks gals!!

Thanks for asking Rhonda...I actually just emailed it to my prof today. Such a slacker I am!!
Old 12-30-2006, 04:09 PM   #65  

Rhonda, what great NSVs! You seem to really be doing super with it!

It's nearly that time of year where we REALLY buckle down and get serious. I'm actually looking forward to it; this 146 business has got to go! I've been seeing that number for far too long.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:23 PM   #66  
focused and aiming

hi there. we just finished lunch (op!) and now i'm resting and visiting with my chickie friends. it's so good to read your posts and see that we're all working hard at getting back on track. life is good.

i splurged wayyyy too much yesterday eating but am hanging in there today. i feel a lot better when i'm op. sometimes i don't understand why a binge occurs. oh, well. just have to nip it! don't have to understand it.

kathy, go to the doctor quickly. i know some good cardiologists down there if you need some names. stress--even good stress--is dangerous to our bodies. my cardiologist told me that.

rhonda, kudos!!!! i am so proud for you. your posts sound much much happier now that you're back in control.

frouf, okay, you've inspired me. i'm going to exercise here at home till i get back to w a tuesday.

vickie, we've been busy today, too. sometimes i wonder how i had time to get anything done before retirement.

melissa, podna!! never never never. will you be here more often now that the paper is finished? i hope so. i need ya!!
Old 12-30-2006, 05:58 PM   #67  

Sandra, I go to the Heart Place up near Arlington Memorial. I had the heart cath done two years ago and there were some narrowings but not enough for them to do a stent. I took cholesterol medicine for years and years but he took me off last year because my ratios were good even though the total was high. I know it's stress that's getting me, because I don't even know how to explain how bad it is around here lately.

I'd like to get out of going to Dallas tonight. I guess we'll see how that goes.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:06 PM   #68  
Southside White Sox Fan

My Uncle from NJ died this afternoon. I'm very, very sad. He was my Dad's only living relative. He flew to Chicago 15 years ago when I was getting married to give me away in my Dad's place. I'll miss him very much. I'm not sure what my plans are for the next couple of days.

I'm sure I'll be back around.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:01 PM   #69  
focused and aiming

vickie, that's so sad. i'm here for you whenever you need me.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:28 PM   #70  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Vickie - my condolences to you and your family! Hope he went peacefully!

Kathy - hope you don't have to have anyting MAJOR done to your ankle - poor you! How are you feeling? You too Vickie - is your throat feeling better today!

Melissa - paper sent in just in time to PARTY for new year's eve - bet you are so happy it's done!

Rhonda - kudos to you for making such EXCELLENT choices - I am still feeling weak altho trying to stick to it.

Well I had a bad night last night - up at 5 am - tossing and turning til 8:30 (yes the alarm was set for 9 am) but I could barely drag myself out of bed by 10:30 am in preparation for 11 am cleaning lady arrival - which didn't happen til NOON - which made dh LIVID - which resulted in them having a DISCUSSION - I have always asked her to call if she will be late but doesn't seem to work? In other words instead of rushing around like maniacs, getting dressed, eating breakfast, and picking up stuff - we could have taken our time.

So I obviously did NOT get on the treadmill this morning and I am now fading fast so hope to get to bed soon (dh out jamming with the band). Did some errands today (bank, returns, groceries, liquor store for champagne!) and then took dd and little ds to see Happy Feet while cleaners were here - a very very cute movie, enjoyed by all!

I am hungry now but trying to stay OUT of the kitchen and control myself (esp as I did not exercise today). I just sent email off to my best gf to see if she wants to come over tomorrow night (otherwise we will probably go to the family new year's eve party at City Hall down the street!)....she is a very sociable and fun loving girl but her hubby is quite the LONER - he never ever (okay rarely) wants to go out and just stays at home - yes he has lots of projects and things to keep him busy but it's sad cuz I know she is more of a people person and is sometimes forced to bow out of things because of him.

I have offered a dinner and champagne if they want to come over (picked up 4 teeny strip loin steaks and champage and have fixings for salad, potatoes and also got some spicy shrimp skewers for appetizers). Otherwise just me and dh I guess? Good thing is we DID NOT get any dessert - yes we eyed the frozen cheesecakes and other goodies but decided we can not have these in the house - and would have fruit or maybe ice cream if desperate!

Researching tampa hotels now for 1 night stay post-theatre - now Ray (my gay cruising buddy) has suggested sharing a room! but frankly I don't feel very comfortable with that - now while he can get a govt rate at our chosen hotel I cannot (only for US and not Canadian gov employees) so my rate is sky high and frankly I can't rationalize paying $280 canadian for one night! So I am looking for something that still has a govt rate for him while my rate is not exorbitant! I am pretty sure he would be wililng to switch hotels if I find something suitable - wish me luck!

Froufie

P.S. Anyone notice the 'movement' in my tracker?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:52 PM   #71  

Oh, Vickie, please accept my condolences. It's quite a marker when the last one of a family unit dies and losing that connection to your Dad must be really sad. I'm so sorry.

Froufie: great going with that tracker....just 15 pounds and you can do it. Don't feel too badly about the treadmill...get on it tomorrow. Tell you what: if you'll get on yours, I'll get on mine! Deal....30 minutes tomorrow on the treadmill.

Rhonda
Old 12-31-2006, 02:04 AM   #72  

Vickie, I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. It sounds like he was a very special person in your life.

We're home from Dallas and I suppose I survived. First, we went to a place called Gingerman's and they had beerS. I had one and had to force it down. SIL had four, which was the equivalent of six because the last two were double the alcohol content. Judd and BIL had 3-4. We were sitting outside on a patio and it was a little chilly so I hope I don't relapse with the sore throat. After that, we went to an Italian restaurant. The three of them got a bottle of wine, I had my glass of water, and then ordered a salad and calamari from the appetizer menu. I ate 7-8 little pieces of calamari, two bites of salad, and that was it. I don't know why I'm not hungry but it seems like my tastebuds are out of whack. It's almost like they're hypersensitive. Weird.

Frouf, congrats on that tracker movement! It sounds things are going well in the cruise planning. I'll join you and Rhonda in the walking tomorrow except mine will be on the road instead of treadmill (since I don't have one anymore!) -- plus Kate has the Gazelle so I'm left with the old-fashioned way. Weather should cooperate though so it'll be good to get outside.

I guess I should go to bed soon. Night, all!
Old 12-31-2006, 06:34 AM   #73  

Hello everyone, I'm new here. Firstly, I know Vickie from other threads and she told me to join in. Now I read that she just lost her uncle, I'm so sorry Vickie. I have three uncles left, but have lost several aunts and my own parents, both in the last year. I know how hard it can be. One thing I did was to choose my drug of choice to comfort myself after losing my parents, it was food. I was nearly at goal and then blew it all. I teeter on the brink of self medicating myself with food often. I hope you can do a better job than me. I went back to Weight Watchers last June and have had a slow but sure come-back, but I struggle. I'm on hormone replacement and arthritis medications that are both known to put on weight, plus at the lovely age of 51 (almost 52) I find weight VERY difficult to chisel off. I have to say that losing weight is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, truly.
I have been on CORE since around Thanksgiving, up until last weekend at least, and have been doing a good job with it. The seemingly endless plateau I was on was "broken" and some pounds had started to come off again. I've been truly off program for the last week, eating cookies, desserts, extra special foods and the like. I've not been as out of control as some people, but I surely have regained some of my weight.
But, I am back to basics as of tomorrow, officially. The holidays will be truly over with and I shall regain control!
Hope you all can help me and that I can help you. I am also not sure I can keep up with this thread, as it appears very active, but I will try!
Linda
Old 12-31-2006, 09:17 AM   #74  

Linda, you should have no trouble keeping up with us!

Your stats look remarkably similar to mine! Vickie and I are pretty much the same age you are so we fully understand the struggles you're going thru. I've been on HRT for 20 years and at my checkup last week, the doctor decided to start trying to taper me off so I'm now at a reduced dosage. I also take blood pressure medicine and one for anxiety/depression, and both of those are also known to add the weight. It has really been tough to get the weight off.

Today I'm going to really concentrate on getting in some vegetables. We're staying home tonight so for dinner I'll probably have snacks, like cheese ball and crackers, fruit and vegetable tray, maybe some sausage and cheese. I think I can stick closely to the vegetables because we have a lot of my favorites and also have that very good dill dip. It's not FF (I still can't find it!!) but only 2 pts so it should be minimal damage.

Vickie, our Albertson's is closing and today's the last day. They closed four in this area and of course the one in Mansfield just HAD to be on the list! I'm sad because whenever you found something at Jewel, which is the equivalent, I could usually find it at Albertson's. I didn't shop there regularly since I have a Kroger and Neighborhood Market in walking distance, but it was handy at times. I went yesterday and it was pretty much ransacked since groceries are 50% off, general merchandise is 80% off, and fresh foods like deli and dairy and frozen is 40% off. I did, however, find things that were good for the pantry, like olive oil and pickles and salsa so I stocked up. I love adding salsa to the pot when I make black beans or pinto beans.

I suppose I should get going and see what I can accomplish today. The only things on my list for the next two days are laundry, and organizing/cleaning the fridge and pantry.

Happy day to all!

Last edited by Katpo; 12-31-2006 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:04 AM   #75  

Welcome to the group, Linda. It's full of wonderful women, supporting and cheering one another

I'm going to take my 30 minute walk outside too, instead of on the treadmill. It's above freezing, no wind, sun is shining and it feels good out there. I always get a 30-40 minute walk with the dogs but I don't "count" it since I let them lead the way, as they stop to sniff where every other dog has been and relieve themselves here and there. I just tag along and try to keep them out of trouble.

It was in my 50's that I began to really gain weight also. Here I am at 61 trying to really get it off. So, for you 50 year olds, do try to succeed now. I'm convinced that it just gets more difficult.

I think I'll join Kathy in a focus on vegetables today. I'll make some zero point soup so I'll have something warm, easy and nutritious.

I bought a spiral cut, honey baked ham for tomorrow's dinner. There is a place here in Toronto that specializes in them but this is the first time I've bought from there. It is a big place way out in the west end of town that sends hams to various venues in the city, by phone- in order. I only had to go about 10 minutes from home to get the ham and the store was just fantastic. Toronto is full of smaller, independent grocers and butchers and this place was one of those. There was huge deli counter, another meat counter and bins and bins of fresh fruit and veggies. Then there was an entire other area full of canned foods and bakery products.

I am really going to miss this type of establishment when we move back to Texas. I can hardly stand the gigantic grocery stores. They are here too, but there are options here and the options are so much more pleasant for shopping...real treats for the senses.

That said, I'm sorry to hear Kathy that you're losing Albertson's....I don't understand why that chain is in trouble. The large grocery chains here are deliberately selling more non-food items to try to stem the lose of customers to places like WalMart. It's hard to believe sometimes but the profit on food is very low and the greater money is made on the non-food items.

OK! I'm off for my walk

Have a great OP day everyone!

Rhonda
Closed Thread