Help I've been living in denial

You're on Page 6 of 47
Go to
  • So, I decided to go with the flow, and set a mini goal!!!
    Very mini.
    My school reopens ont he 18th, and I want to be 90 kg by then.
    My scale is actually broken in the moment, but I'll be living somewhere else next week, so I'll be able to weight again.

Men, the cake is here.
    I hate my life sometimes..
  • haha... Dont beat yourself up too much.. Im having a horrible craving for a grilled stuffed steak nacho burrito from taco bell... and its only 10:30am... lol
  • ok, so Ive been thinking about it, and well, I have some really bad habits that I need to break. So, I think in order to actually succeed this time with the whole, changing my lifestyle thing, I am going to have to take baby steps... otherwise, im doomed to fail again like I have in the past. So, here is my new revised plan.. and you girls better kick my butt if i break them!!!
    1. No more soda. Only water and juice..
    2. Im trying to quit smoking as well, since, well.. i can no longer breathe half the time! so, this week-well, and next week since this week is over, I am limiting myself to 15 ciggys a day (and this is cutting back from a pack to a little more than a pack a day.. ya gotta start somewhere right?)
    3. Im a fast food junkie. Im used to eating some kind of fast food everyday for lunch at work and sometimes stopping for dinner as well, so, for the following week, I am allowed to eat out 3 times... but i still must make healthier choices (3 times is better than 7+ a week)

I know its not the best thing to do, and i kind of feel like im cheating this way.. but I know how I am, and if I just cut all the crap out right away, im doomed. And you have to start somewhere.. so ill just have to wean myself off all the crap.. and cigarettes.. being able to breathe is good haha!
  • maybe I shouldn't post further today, at least not what I ate.
    Because I just saw the cake, and it's this pineapple cake with light chocolate filling. Truly awesome.

Also, you guys are so lucky that you have all those low fat snacks to munch on. I don't have that! Plus, I am at my parents' house all day, and there's a lot of cooking going on.

But I am maybe lucky because we don't have Taco Bell !!
  • Mom2- Yeah, I was losing weight really fast, I lost 20 pounds in four weeks and then I started putting it back on because I said, oh well, I am losing weight and I am still eating whatever I want so I am going for it. When the pounds started to creep back on, that is when I decided that I should take action if I ever want to look good in a bathing suit! So, here I am...

Looks like everyone is doing a great job! Especially after only starting two days ago! Have a great weekend, because remember, we weigh in again on Monday...this will motivate me to watch what I eat this weekend!
  • Well good for you Neverland for setting a goal. How much is 90kg in Pounds? When do your bands get filled again? Why don't you get WW? I thought that stuff was every where. Maybe you could ask your mom to start cooking the WW receipes!! That way the whole family is involved

Mandy congrats on the 1 Pound!!! Stay away from Taco Bell! I think you are on the right track. I am the same way as far as junk food so what I decided to do is whatever I take away I replace with something else. Example:
    I LOVE cream filled donuts so I replaced it with WW eclairs. Try changing to something healthier. Coke to diet coke. Now I hate diet drinks but I have tried coke zero and its pretty decent. I don't drink near as much coke and I'm trying to stwitch to water. Switch Chips to popcorn. You see what I'm talking about. That way you don't feel so deprived.

Whatever you choose to do I think its great that you are at least making the effort.

Kiwi
  • yeah.. i know what you mean.. im not a big sweets person.. and i usually dont drink much soda, except for the past month or so.. so i need to stop that.. Im doing ok at home.. i switched to baked lays chips awhile ago and we really dont have much crap food in the house at the moment. I need to go out and buy some more fruit and veggies and some fish or something...I lost some weight a while ago by cutting back on my fast food since, really, thats my biggest problem. It takes me about 2-3 weeks to wean myself off it completely and then im fine. If i just cut it out at this point.. id find myself driving at 1am to taco bell and ordering anything and everything.. so by 9/ 22 I will be eating no more fast food...
  • Well, I'm on holiday, that's why I'm with my parents. Plus my mom doesn't cook. I don't cook either. But I guess I will have to, becuz I spent the last year eating Nutella with a whole loaf of bread, and that really didn't work out well!!
    I don't live in US, so I don't have weight watchers access However, if someone wants to donate me some recipes and such, I am always happy!
    I just did my conversions, and 94 kg is 206 pounds, and 90 kg is 198 pounds.
    I was 237 pounds when I got banded!
  • I think I made it.
  • Well I think you have lost a good bit of weight. Just because you have bands doesn't mean you don't have the same desires to eat. Sometimes eating is emotional, when you get stressed or upset, so even when you are not hungry you crave to eat. I found out I eat more when my sister is around. I am just teasing. My sister is about to join us on this site so I did that for her benefit!!

Remeber everyone, I am the younger and prettier one

Kiwi
  • And there she is!!
    Hi Apple Pie!!!
  • Pay back is tough little sister. You may be younger but I'm MOM's favorite
  • Hi apple pie

• YAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAY!
    i musta been bloated yesterday, cuz i weighed and lost 1.5lbs since yesterday!!! 1lb since last week. so i'm in the 160's!! 169.5. so i really gotta stick w/it! i'm sooooo proud!!!! yayyayayyayayayayayyayayay

ok. great job girls!! sounds like we've all lost!!
    neverland: call me stupid, but what the heck is banded? i missed something somewhere w/that one.
    kiwi and the other lady asking about diet soda:i buy A&W'S diet vanilla cream soda. it's so yummy. i drink one a day and it's like desser for me . kind of beside the point...but you really don't want to drink your calories away, KWIM? you want to save them for food that is actually going to fill you up. the only time i drink calories is my morning cup of hot tea (my great g'ma was english and i was raised drinking it) that has 1/4 tsp. sugar in it, and then i try to drink 1/2c. skim milk a day too. other then that...water water water. and my one diet soday.
    welcome apple pie! great to have you!
    gotta go change my ticker!
    i'm on my way to

tracy
  • Congrats Tracy!! I am so glad that turned around for you!

You are right about the drinks. Its that FV creamer I put in my coffe. I think I am addicted. I tried the low cal one but its awful. You know I grew up drinking Hot Tea I wonder if I could switch from coffee to Tea with out going bonkers?