Sticking With It

You're on Page 21 of 26
Go to
  • woohoooo, and what a week it'll be!!! catch me if you can.....braaaahaaaaaa *evil laugh*

You are so right hypnotq....its all about the little changes you make and dh has made a start. My family still doesn't realize that we only eat whole wheat pasta yet.....haha....they can't tell the difference!!!
  • I know with my daughter, she doesn't realize she gets fat free milk, 2% cheese, low-fat sour cream, low-fat margerine. She just eats it and she thinks Diet Cokes rock!
    Queen!!!!! We are out to get you! I've up my water intake to 10-12 glasses a day and so far I have walked 20 miles and jogged 10 miles. Here I come, you better run fast or I might run you down with my stinky feet!!!! lol
    Hope everyone has had a great weekend!
  • This week is gonna suck for me. I caught a nasty stomach bug. can't decide which way it's comming out.

An it is so damn hot I don't want to move let alone eat..... triple digits all week with heat indices of almost 120
  • ohhh KKitty,poor you.....Hope you start to feel better soon!! That def. sounds nasty. Try to keep your fluids up or you will feel really dehydrated on top of the stomach flu.

exquisitern....hey its all good!!! Great job on your workouts!!

hypnotq....how did the babysittin go? everyone accounted for?
  • i have got off my butt this week with the challenge! question, does flavored Propel Water count towards your water count? 'cause if it does, i've had 88oz since saturday! alsooo... anybody know why FitDay thinks that walking 3.5mph burns the same calories as showering?? i really can't believe that. thanks luvs!
  • I'm not sure about the Propel water. I do know there was a question (many pages back) about Crystal light and I think Potato made a ruling on it. I'll see if I can find it. Sounds like you're having a great week so far BainidheDub!!
  • KKitty: Sorry you have the nasty stomach bug. Hope you get to feeling better. Hugs and kisses to you to feel better!
    When you get to feeling better, maybe try a exercise video inside to avoid the heat. That's what I do. I love the Leslie Sansone walk video's but any exercise video would be good.
    Queen Angel eyes- Thanks, I have to work hard to just try and keep up with the Queen!!
    Bainidhedub: I'd say flavored water counts! 88 oz- Woo-hoo! Go girl! Wow, I need to stay int he shower longer! lol

This morning I fixed a pretty good breakfast bagel that I liked.
    I call it an Italian breakfast bagal
    1 plain Fleischers Carb trimmers bagel- 1pt (80 or 90 calories)
    2 slices 2% american cheese- 2 points (not sure of calories)
    2 thin slices tomato- 0 points
    1 tsp parmesan cheese- 0 points
    salt, pepper and italian seasoning

First toast the bagel lightly
    Second on each bagel half take 1 of the slices of cheese and divide in 3 strips, place two of the strips on the bagel, then the slice of tomatoe, the other strip of cheese, small amt of salt pepper and italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon of parmeson. Broil under broiler until cheese is melted.
    Tastes great and is about 3 points.
  • yum yum....great minds think alike!!! I do that all the time on whole wheat toast with shredded mozz. cheese. I'll have to try it with a bagel next time, I just bought some!!
  • So im back after the weekend, and boy did i have a good time. now back to reality, my friend asked me to be bridesmaid for her in october 2007 in jamaica, my reply of course was yes on the condition that i was skinny, she said i was stupid and that im fine how i am but seriously i dnt wanna be in wedding photos with her when she weighs 105lbs and i weigh 230lbs. no thank you. So now my long term goal is to get down to 130lbs by october 2007 thats nearly 100lbs but thats a long time off too.. roll on jamaica.
  • Morning girls!!...How is everyone today? Well wonders upon wonders, I woke up to find TOM!!! blech! Hate him. Anyways, I'm taking today as a (much needed) day of rest. If anything today, I might get some good ol' walking in on the treadmill. Not much though..... Just did my 'Martha' for the day. We have these fabulous peach tree's in the backyard that we inherited a year ago (when we moved here) and the peaches ARE FABULOUS!! Nothing like the typical clingstone peaches in a can, these are much smaller and white inside. Last year unfortunately, we ate some but not knowing what to do with them, most spoiled or the birds/rabbits got to them. Well today I had the boys out peach picking and we blanched them, skinned them, pitted and sliced them....AND FROZE THEM!!! What a process, but now we have lots of yummy fresh peaches anytime. We probably did about 10 dozen with lots more on the trees still to ripen. It gives a new appreciation to DelMonte !!!!

Emzi.....glad to hear you had a great time for you bday!! Jamaica huh? woohooo, what a great goal to work towards.

Queen Angel-eyes: Fresh peaches sound yummy! When I was young, my grandmother used to can fresh peaches. I didn't appreciate them then. I do remember it was a lot of hot hard work though.

I'm doing ok on my end, nothing new to report. I did get a new Leslie Sanson 5 mile video and did 3 miles of it this morning and it was great! First it a 14 minute mile with hand weights, then a 10 minute mile, then a 12 minute mile with a stretch belt. I just did it with my hand weights. I'm going to do the entire video when I get home. It's gotten to hot to really walk in the evening and I have some yard work that I'm going to go out and do late, so I'll do the video around 5:30 or 6:00
    Anyway, everyone take care.
  • heyas.. i'm having a pretty good week so far! i worked all day today at my boyfriend's warehouse. we were packing stage lights and cable and whatnot into cases, and then the cases onto trucks, for a big show they're lighting tonight in baltimore. good, sweaty work. i feel like i really did something with myself today.

BUT last night when we were going to bed, the boy made a comment that i would be prettier if i lost some weight. now it's not that i don't agree, and know i would like my body better... but even if he thinks that, he's not supposed to say so. it's not encouraging. *sigh* i told him, i'm working on it, and he went on that he already thinks i'm pretty and yadda yadda, but it still upset me more than i let him know..
  • I would of said something to him thats not nice, u shudda used the line, this face aint ever gonna change so thats as pretty as i get. .lol.. damn boys.. the love to put there foot in it
  • bainidheDub.....its one thing to think it, its another thing to SAY it. Shame on him!!! and HE'S so perfect I guess. Sorry, statements like that just really piss me off!!!
  • *grin* thanks guys..
    (warning: introspective babble ahead)
    the thing is that he knows i've been trying to shape up, specifically to find my abs, which have a bit of.. padding.. at the moment. so i think that's what he meant, and actually i had been kinda afraid to start trying to lose weight (and change my figure) because he always says that he likes my squishiness, i don't need to lose any weight, he think's i look fine, all the right things to say. so i think maybe he was actually trying to be supportive. so maybe from now on i'll include him a little more in this whole thing, because up until now i haven't been. (oh and angel-eyes: he actually is in pretty good shape. stupid manual-labor jobs.)

ninja monkey says: it's all good. you can do it!!