Sticking With It

You're on Page 19 of 26
Go to
  • I understand about gettning back on track with the diet. I'll do pretty good most of the day, and then I have to snack on something I'm not supposed to and go over my points.
    My walking is good. I walked 6 miles this morning. I really love the Leslie Sansone walk videos, especially if I can't get outside.
    I'm keeping up my water of 6-8 8oz glasses a day.
    I'm just going to have to buckle down on my eating!!
    Someone give me a swift kick!!! Maybe I'd do better then.
    Here is the Taco Soup recipe. I love it, it's very filling and I use it to eat a cup if I'm hungry or as a lunch with a salad or with a low point option with dinner. I double up on the carrots, celery, onion and bell pepper. You have half a pot of vegetables cooking. I've thought of just going all vegetable and adding another can of beans. I think it would taste just as good.DONNA’S TACO SOUP

INGREDIENTS:
    ½ Pound Extra Lean Ground Beef
    1 large onion-chopped
    1 large bell pepper-chopped
    3 carrots- grated
    1 large celery stalk- chopped thin
    1 (10 oz.) can mild Rotel tomatoes
    1 (15 oz) can Tomato sauce
    1 (15 oz) can fat free Chicken broth
    1 (11 oz) can Niblets corn
    1 (15 oz) can Cannelini beans
    1 (15 oz) can Fat free refried beans
    2 (15 oz) cans Ranch style Black beans
    1 envelope Taco seasoning mix
    1 (15 oz) can Mexican stewed tomatoes

Directions:
    Brown ground beef, chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, grated carrots and chopped celery in a large pot. Cook until the meat is fully cooked and the onions are translucent.
    Drain meat and open all the cans and dump into pot and mix together well, add Taco seasoning mix. Let cook for about 30 minutes and it ready. Even better the next day.

Great with a salad and very filling

WW points- 2 points per cup
  • Wow Hypnotq: I just noticed you are rocking on that exercise ticker and your not even halfway through the month! Way to go!
    Emzi bop: I'll never forget when my daughter was about 4 years old and she went up to a young lady with maroon hair and asked her why she colored her hair that color. The girl just laughed and so did I. Pink sounds very energetic to me!! Good luck on your interview. and who knows, we may see you in the fashion magazine as a hair stylist for the rich and famous!
  • Hi Everybody,

I haven't checked in for a while. Sounds like everyone is doing great! I lost 2.8 pounds last week but not so sure about this week. I feel really bloated today for some reason. Not sure what's up with that. So far about 40 pounds total for me.

I wish I would get off my lazy butt and do some actual exercising but it's so boringggggggggg to me. I guess I'll keep dancing on the weekends. So far it seems to be working for me. And I enjoy it, so I'm not giving up a good thing. And I like snuggling up to my cute cowboy that I dance with! That's a major bonus!
  • Potato- Most of the songs on my game disc are hip hop Not what I would normally listen to but definately upbeat. One of the few song titles I recognize is "In the Navy"

I'm down 2 lbs this morning!!!! That's just since last Fri! Total loss since I saw the dr 6 weeks ago 5 lbs!! Now I've just got to keep it off (at least until Fri )
  • Find out 2morra if i get the job. fingers crossed.

my hair looks lovely. . just a bit pink.. got a nice blonde colour wouldnt want to get rid of that.
  • Just wanted to say hi. I'm about to go do alot of cleaning, so I can't stick around long.

Exquisitern that looks like a really yummy recipe...I can't wait to try it!

Queen angel-eyes thanks for noticing!!! I'm working my tail off. This is the first time I've done an exercise challenge so I set my goal lower to make it easier and more practical. I didn't want to not make a harder goal my first month lol.

Potato, Linda, Emzi and everyone else I missed-Hope you're all doing well!

I'll try to be on later tonight, but we're getting ready to send our computer in for service and we'll be without for a couple weeks. That leaves me with the option of going to the library (and sitting in there trying to concentrate with kids screaming and being loud...yes they're loud in the computer room) or the laptop (which is on dialup and excruciatingly slow lol). I'm so spoiled! Have a wonderful afternoon and evening!!!
  • Hpnotq - just drive on down to my house and clean it too. I'll leave the door unlocked for ya!

Donna - The taco soup is wonderful. I made the exact same thing last week. VERY filling! So good that I ate it for lunch and dinner some days. I know, I'm weird! Hopefully, it will show up as a good loss for tomorrow night. Do you know if it can be frozen?

Emzi - good luck on the job! We'll all come see you when we reach goal and you can make us over!

KKitty - way to go on the weight loss!

Potato - good to see you back.

Angel - I'm jealous! Wish I could get the will power to exercise like you do. I need to be shoved into that direction!
  • Linda my dear...if you'll pay for my gas money as well as my missed time from work I'll gladly come your way
  • KKitty: Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the work! We're here for you.

Hypnotq: Sorry to hear about your computer. It's a pain when they don't act right. I know I use mine at work since the one I have at home is sssssoooo slow.

Linda: I know I love that taco soup. I've never frozen it, but I would think that you could. I made a mexican enchilada dish last night. It was pretty good. I'll have to bring it and share. I had to tweak it a bit because, the original recipe I got said it was 4.5 points a serving, but when I worked it out, it was more like 9 points per serving, but I worked on it to get the points down.
    Another soup recipe I like is called
    Santa Fe soup
    Ingredients:
    3 cups 99% FF chicken broth
    2 cans- 15 oz dice tomatoes
    1 can- 8 oz tomato sauce
    1 can FF refried beans
    2 cans ranch black beans
    1 can Cannelini beans
    2 can whole kernol corn
    3 Weight Watchers Smart ones Santa Fe chicken dinner
    1 onion chopped
    1 bell pepper chopped
    Add Chili powder and cumin to taste

Spray your pot with Pam or other FF spray. Saute the onion and bell pepper til soft and onion is translucent. Then combine all the other ingredients in the pot and cook for 1 hour.

I figured it to be about 2 points a cup.
    I was going to make it tonight and I have a zuchinni squash left over and was going to shred it and add it to the pot.
    Make it your own and add things you like. I've seen this recipe with the WW Fiesta Chicken dinner and it has rice in it.
    If you can't tell, I love soup! lol
  • Hi
    Thanks for putting the rules back up.

I am doing the Carb Addict Diet. It simple and flexable and I love it. Even as I am writing this I am thinking just start. I don't know why I don't just get back on track. What happens is since I got back. I wake up and its GO GO GO. I don't eat until late morinings by then I am hungry so Oatmeal is quick and easy. Then Its the same routine by lunch so I just make a sandwich or pop in a Micro Meal. Then of course Dinner is huge because everyone is there.
    Okay enough of the excuses. Bacon and eggs in the morning. Salad for lunch and then my reward meal for dinner. All it takes Is one day and I will be back on track. I can do that.

I'll write you tomarrow after I eat my B/Eggs.
  • you guys are all so cheerful, it makes me want to get my butt off the computer and go for a walk or something! unfortunately it's 1am & my mother would throw a fit, but maybe tomorrow.. anyways, i am back with the FitDay but not so much with the exercising. (yet!! not yet, i swear.) got to get back on track with these things.. i can do it!
  • Quote: Emzi - good luck on the job! We'll all come see you when we reach goal and you can make us over!
    it would be an expensive haircut.. lol but might be well worth it

never got the job . nevermind..
  • Hi
    okay I had my bacon and eggs but for breakfast but the grandkids are here so I can't write long. Its amazing how much I want carbs! Your body gets used to things.

Its already 12:00 and I am counting the hours for my reward meals. At least I am drinking water!!

Potato
  • YEAH....POTATO!!! yum yum, bacon and eggs, good girl!! One meal, one day at a time. wtg.

Emzi....That just plan sucks. Sorry about the job interview.
  • Morning!!! Guess I'm the first one up....I woke up to a 2 lb loss this week!!!....YEAH... Its amazing what happens when you (finally...*sigh*) do all the right things you are supposed to do!!

Weekly stats:
    2 lbs lost: $4.00
    2.5 miles walked= .50 cents
    9.5 miles ran= $4.75
    29 bottles of water= $14.50
    1.5 hrs video=$1.50
    --------------------total: $29.75