Old 05-01-2006, 12:35 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #40: May '06

to the May edition of our Weighty Issues thread.

We're well on our way toward summer. That means sun, surf, sand, shorts, swimsuits and hey, who doesn't wanna look good and more importantly, FEEL good instead of ----> Need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the US east coast to the west , the Pacific and
the Far East and even Down Under (sorry Maggzs, that's the closest I could get to a Roo )

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 05-02-2006 at 01:10 AM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:35 PM   #2  

Hey guys.

Boy Noelle it looks like you got every like guy into that post.

I am still fighting the vacation weight. I am so mad about it too. All of the other people have lost theirs plus one or two and I still have 2.5lbs left of the almost 4 that I gained. I guess it isn't just going to melt off. DARN!!

Red that is so cool that you get to get backstage so to speak. It is nice to see you talking a little better these days.

Dips when does school end for you?

I hope you guys came out to chat.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

Hey guys, I am back from my walk. We were out for 2 hours since I had some overdue DVD's I needed to return to Blockbuster and we decided to walk it instead of drive. I think I need a nap now Michael has a day off so we are deciding what we will do with our day. He is trying to persuade me to take him to Dave & Busters...I dunno about that. That will be a drain on the wallet and bad eating for me.

Anyways, Kempy, hang in there. 2.5 lbs is a minor setback. You'll get past it and lose even more. Perserverance pays off I tell you!

Red, it's cool that you get to meet the race horses, and the triple crown winner at that! You must've been in heaven. Have you been riding much lately? I like horses but am unsure around them. Most of them look pretty gentle but they have such large teeth Re: Press passes, my sis works for a newspaper here and she has flashed her ID at many functions (she wasn't working at) and gotten through the security without so much as a second glance.

Cal, congratulations to Ashley and her fabulous poem reading. I know where she gets her smarts and charisma from, good ole mom . Are you still keeping the Disneyland Paris under wraps? I would be bursting at the seams wanting to tell. Only a few short weeks til vacation!!!

Julie, how was your weekend? I forgot to tell you that I think it's great your DS and DH can take TKD lessons together. That's good for bonding and they can learn and practice together. Any thoughts about putting DD in as well?

Dips, when's finals? My nephew is gearing up for his next week. Happy studying. Have some brain food

Angie girl, you better pop in here soon... I'm looking into booking a trip to Maine to drag you out of hiding

Cherie, same goes for you! Hope all is well.

Well, I have to grab a shower and get on with my day. Have a great one.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:36 PM   #4  

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this forum, and I'd like to join your group. Noelle, I loved your post. It was encouraging, and made me smile. Anyway, a little about myself. I'm in my mid-forties and have lost and found (ugh) the same 30 lbs. so many times, it's unreal. I've decided to take baby steps in changing my habits again. This week, I'm going to cut out sugar. I look forward to getting to know you.
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #5  
so close, yet so far...

Welcome aboard CW!!! Sure you can join us, we love having new faces here, new stories and new points of views. Hmmm, so you're in Connecticut? We have some gals in WI, ME, NY and LA, AZ, OK, WV... one from Japan, Australia and I may have missed some, but the point is, we're all over the map. Glad I could make you smile with my smilie-filled post. Baby steps are all you need to make progress in losing weight. Old habits are hard to break so just try and adopt one new good habit in place of an old bad one, and you will see results. Good luck to ya! You're not alone in finding lost pounds, I've been down that road many times. I'm hoping to kick my pounds to the curb for good this time.

A little about me, I'm 34 years old, married, mom of a 7 y.o. son. I work w/my husband at our family owned plumbing company. I love to shop and travel, eat and just enjoy life. I am doing WW at the moment, it is my 2nd attempt w/the flex points plan and have lost 45.6 lbs since 11/8/05. I say I am halfway to goal and have a totally different mind-set this time around. Even if I have bad eating days, I just pick myself up and start back on plan. One bad day of eating does not cancel out all the work I have done previously and no sense in having a pity party about it. Just suck it up and soldier on...that's my new motto.

I just got back from having lunch w/Michael at the sushi place (where else would I want to eat??) then we went shopping. I picked up some new t-shirts from Ralph Lauren (2 for $20! on sale) and a new workout shirt from Adidas. He got a new play ground ball at Big Dogs and a giant milk chocolate peanut butter cup from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory--I am not touching that! I am weighing in tomorrow so it's not hard to do. So, no D&B for us but lots of walking around the shopping center.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #6  

Welcome CW. I love this group of ladies. I have been here for a few years and I have gotten really close to them. They are just like me family. I am sure that they will also welcome you with open arms. Feel free to jump in to everything that goes on. You may not know what is being talked about just yet but you will become one of us in no time.

I started WW the begining of this year and I have done good so far. I havn't lost as much as Noelle but I only want to drop about 25lbs. I just came back from a cruise where I added about 3.5 lbs to what I had lost right b4 i left so I am fighting that gain right now.

I look foward to getting to know you better.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:04 PM   #7  

Hey Noelle you were posted at the same time as me. What will power you have with the chocolate. I am VERY PMSy right now and that is all I can think about. I might just have to give in a have a little b4 I drive myself crazy.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:19 PM   #8  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool

Hi there. I found the new thread. Forgot you started a new one for the new month. Happy May! Hello Kempy and Noelle! Thanks for the "Red part." Welcome cw!

Yeah, being press is the only reason I've stayed in horse-racing. Recently, though, I'd not been going back to the stables before or after a race like I used to. It's a long, long way and going back just means I get a later start to my story, which is not always possible if I'm trying to meet the first-edition deadline. But Sunday, I had time and I'd reserved a seat on a late train, and they had told me to come back after the race. So, I really wanted to since the horse had won. It was nice, and since I'd gone to the stables before the race, when I went back afterward, the assistant trainer came forward with a big handshake for me, he was so happy. And I don't even know the guys, but you know, you show some interest in them and even the most-used-to-stardom ones are happy. I was the only one who got to pat the horse, just because I asked. Not many Japanese know what to do around a horse so they hang back, but me, I jump right up there and "talk horse."

Well, things are not good with me and life, but I am healthy and that is the most important. I just keep hoping things will turn better. I have people calling me for advice all the time and I give it to them although I really wish they would just grow up. They are often older than me! I wish I had someone to turn to for advice, but I think in my case it's a lawyer is what I need. Money and debts are my monkeys now, really, really heavy ones that are starting to crush me. Good thing I'm strong, but...

Well, take care all and I wish you all good things....
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:03 PM   #9  
maggzs

S/C/G: 147.4/149.9/132.2

Morning all ,

Well Today I started back on track... Its taken its toll this holiday thing & I am now heavier then I was before I started on here GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR but 1 day at a time & I do feel like I have some control today.
I have started a 10 day detox type thingy. I dont follow it completely just drink the stuff & pop the pils. I do cut down on the coffee but unfortunately I am so hopelessly addicted that there is no way I could cut that out entirely & still be able to perform. I do cut out the alcohol which is 1 of my downfalls... I do love a glass of red of a night!

I even walked this morning, Its getting harder here though as its still dark in the morning when I have time to walk before work & then in the evening when I get home its dark so not sure how that will work out in the long term as winter approaches. Might have to get myself some excercise dvd's or something, I just dont have the time to go anywhere & am not really into high impact stuff walking is about my pace ... any suggestions?

Anyway hello to a new month all.... seems like not that long ago it was the new year, this year really is flying along way to quickly.

Back later
maggzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:51 PM   #10  

Welcome, CW. Good to have you. I echo the same sentiments as the others; these girls are great friends and we love to have new friends come and join us. I've been posting here for about 2 years or so. I've actually met 2 of these wonderful ladies (one from Maine and one from Hawaii). You're in the central valley, I see. Last time I was up that way was when we went to Sequoia Nat'l Park a couple of years ago. A little about me; I am later 40's, married with an 8y.o. daughter. I teach 7th grade Language Arts (writing) and Literature. I love teaching, but it does have its moments. I am married to an Italian and we visit Europe whenever we get a chance. In fact, we'll be there this summer.

Noelle: I am still keeping Disneyland Paris under wraps. Ashley has no idea we are going. She doesn't even know there's a Disneyland there. I have persuaded her to not want to go to McDonalds in Paris...I told her they only serve "snailburgers". Now whenever I ask her if she wants to eat at McDonalds in Paris she says, "No way!!". I love it.

Kempy: Don't worry about the vacation weight. You were doing great and, as Noelle said, those few leftovers will melt away in no time. You are doing awesome.

Maggzs: Great to see you back. I'm so glad you had a nice vacation. It's strange to see you posting about winter coming; here we are nearing 35 degrees. It is getting warm. Summer is coming.

Julie: Hope everything is going well with you and your little ones are doing well.

Red: Every time you talk about horses it makes me think of my mom. She loved horses of every kind. Every time I see anything with horses I think of her. That must have been awesome for you to see those horses up close and to get to pet the winner. It would be great if you could post pics sometime. Take care of yourself.

Angie: I'm with Noelle, of course, I'm closer Come out and visit. We miss you.

Hello to anyone I may have missed. Have a great rest of the week.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:11 AM   #11  
maggzs

S/C/G: 147.4/149.9/132.2

Smile

Hello again

I didnt have time to say hi to CW this morning. Welcome there.

A bit about me is that I am 39 AHHHHHHHHHHHHH soon to turn the 40 & really would like to weigh less then i did ten years ago.
I seem to flutter about a bit but did manage to maintain a good weight for about 5 years, things have just gone pretty much down hill in the last 2-3 years so now I am not at all comfortable or happy.

I live in sunny Queensland in Australia & whilst I did say its getting closser to winter we still hit about 28 degrees today (which I think is about 82 there) Its just that its getting dark earlier & staying dark later.

I have 2 kids a 8yr old girl & a 11 year old boy, a hubby who works shift work grrrrrr & I manage a disability service.

So ther you are...me in a nutshell!!!

Have fun here.
maggzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:21 AM   #12  

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. A little more about myself. I'm soon to be 45, and have been married to my best friend for 16 years. I have a 23 year old son, who is a firefighter, and a 14 year old daughter, who does competitive cheerleading and hip hop dance. I also have an 18 month old granddaughter, who, of course, is the light of my life. Being a grandmother is great. Spoil her and send her home when she gets cranky. I've tried many different diets. I've been most successful with Weight Watchers. I was a leader at WW for five years. It's great accountibility. However, I quit because I was working two jobs and got extremely tired. I thought cutting down to one job would help, but it didn't. I found out that I have chronic fatigue. I now work from home as an Arbonne Independent Consultant. I love the flexibility. I do want to go back to work at WW when I get back down to goal.

Maggs, I've purchased Turbo Jam DVD and enjoy them. I need to be more consistent with them, though. You can take a look by going to beachbody.com. I can also relate about the caffine addiction, however, mine is with diet Pepsi. I'm having the hardest time cutting it out. I know it's not good for me, but I'm dealing with one bad habit at a time. This week is sugar.

Cal, your trip sounds like so much fun. Disneyland anywhere is fun. I'm just a disney kid at heart. We go every year for cheer competitions, and, of course, you can't go to Anaheim without doing disneyland for a couple of days.

Noelle, Kemp & Red, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm so looking forward to getting to know you.
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:14 AM   #13  

Happy Tuesday guys. I am home waiting for th termite guy to show up. We need to have the house treated and I am trying to get a price to have it done. I hate bugs!

Maggz winter is my worst time of year. I have depression hit harder then too b/c of the lack of natural light. I think everyone feels that way a bit too though. I just came back from vaca and I am fighting the pounds too. I have my weigh in in the morning and I am not looking forward to it. I did so good b4 I left and I don't want to show that gain. I have been home for over a week now, I feel like it should be gone.

Red I swear I wish I was there to help you right now. You know that you can talk to us whenever you need us. i know it is different when you an physically see the person but we will never judge you and we will try to help you in any way that we can. It is good to see yo posting again though.

Cw I realized that I never said anything about myself. I am 31 and live in the good ol' state of Louisiana. I don't have any kids but I am married to a rather large one. It is fun though b/c he will bring out the kid in me which is what I need. I work for myself doing Electrolysis and i love it. The flexibility to come and go is wonderful. I am not going in today and I have off tomorrow. I used to work in a fitness center for 6 years so I know all of the things that I SHOULD be doing but I just can't seem to make the things work for me. Cool beans you used to be a leader!

Cal is the DW in Paris just as exspensive as the one here? I was just amazed at the prices there when we went. I guess when you are a kid you have no idea what that stuff costs. I know you will take lots of pics and I can't wait to see them.

Noelle do you have to work today?

Ok guys, I need to get off to be ready for the pest guys. I'll be back later.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:25 PM   #14  

Hi Girls!

Sorry I have been away, it feels like I have been non-stop busy and on the go. But that is good to be busy right, less time to eat.

Welcome CW, I am Julie. It is nice to see you here. Like the other girls said it is more than just weight loss buddies here, we are all good friends too. I am married and have a six year old son and a four year old daughter that keep me on the go.

Noelle good luck today at your weigh in honey!

Kempy how are the dogs? Are they still losing alot of their hair yet?

Cal that vacation is getting closer by the minute. Ashley will be just thrilled about Disney in Paris.

Red I am hoping the best for your situation. You are strong but if you need to vent or talk...go right ahead.

I hear dh trying to cut the grass out there and telling the kids to get out of the way, I guess I should go. Have a good night girls and Keep up the GREAT work! Hi everyone else I did not mention.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:58 PM   #15  
so close, yet so far...

Hey all, I am back from my WI and am down 1 lb....ask and ye shall receive I guess --I should've asked for 2 lbs gone! Anyway, I'm satisfied with that. I even had some of this at the movies last Friday so I can't complain.

Hi Julie

Kempy, I hope you got a good quote for your termite treatment today. So what are you planning for your day off tomorrow?

cw, sorry to hear about your CFS. At least you get to work from home at your own pace. If you don't mind me asking, how long after you reached goal did you become a WW leader? There's a gentleman in our group and he is training (I guess) to become a leader. I just feel a little weird, having had him in my meeting group, then having him behind the counter looking at my file! . I think I wouldn't feel this way if he were a woman, yeah, I think that's it, the gender issue. But whatever, I'll get over it.

Hi Maggzs I haven't tried them myself, but alot of people here on 3FC have used the Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds tapes. I believe they come in 1 mile, 2 or 3 miles and even have some with weights exercises. I try to walk outside for exercise because if I am in front of the Tv I am more likely to be laying on the couch, then working out

Red, hang in there as best as you can. We are thinking of you.

Cal, that is funny about the snail burgers... McEscargot! I remember having some dark dark chocolate from France. I loved it, so bittersweet . I better stop now. I had a co-worker who visited France a lot (family I guess) and he would always bring back chocolates for the office, but never share the dark because he thought no one liked it, duh! I volunteered to help him eat it

Well, I should go and collect the mail and sort through it... hello to all and have a great evening.