Powdered Sugar

• I'm not sure if I've seen this before, or just wishing I had..

Is there a recipe for Powdered Sugar Subsitute, or "Mock Powdered Sugar".. perhaps even one I could buy instead of make? I have some ideas for recipes but they call for powdered sugar..
  • http://www.splenda.com/recipe_detail...deredsugar.inc

Powdered Sugar
    Preparation Time 5 min.
    Makes1/2 cup

3/4 cup SPLENDAŽ Granular
    2 Tbsp. Cornstarch

Place ingredients in blender jar. Cover and blend until SPLENDAŽ Granular is a very fine powder.

Use instead of powdered sugar for garnishing cakes and pastries.

Nutrition Information per serving (1 Tbsp.)
    Total Calories 20
  • Hmmm - I think this belongs in the recipe section. I'll move it later.
  • Amazing thankyou SO much

And thanks ruth, sorry about that - I was going to post it in FAQ but I needed a response asap
  • I'll move it later. You are right, we get replies a lot faaster in here. It's definitely not a FAQ. What recipe do you have that calls for powdered sugar?
  • Just as a side note, though that's a tiny amount of cornstarch, we're not actually supposed to be eating corn or corn products. Try using arrowroot instead...works just the same, and doesn't have a high GI. You can use it one-to-one for cornstarch (therefore 2 tsp of cornstarch would be 2 tsp of arrowroot).
  • I thought that Dr. A. had said that in small amounts corn starch and flour where ok for thickening and such. Because the total amount per serving wasn't so much.

Where do you find arrowroot in the store? Is it in a speciality store? I can find several different types of starches in the asian stores, but they are still starches.
  • Small amounts of cornstarch are fine according to Dr. A but I do use arrowroot sometimes. I find it in the spice section of my grocery store. I buy the Spice Islands brand but I imagine other brands carry it too.
  • Ruth, they're a few recipes I've found and want to experiment to see if I can make them SBD friendly.. One is a peanut butter crunch bar.. the original recipe calls for powdered sugar, corn flakes, etc... I'll probably attempt to make it with Kashi Go Lean and Fiber One, and then use half "powdered sugar" and the rest just plain splenda.. if it works, i"ll post it