Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 12/6 - 12/12

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • MONET: Fear not, m'dear! I'm usually a last minute Christmas shopper, too. Think of it this way, you save money this way because when you shop early, I tend to buy more things for each person saying things like "Oh, I should get this, too." "This is a great item for so-and-so, but I already got them the other...oh, I'll get them this, too." Seriously, the year my son was born, on December 28th, we were spending all our money on cribs and changing tables and things for the baby and ran so short. I couldn't buy anything for Christmas until the very last paycheck before Christmas...and I have things to ship to family out of town, too! So, I got a shopping cart at the mall, waddled around massively pregnant and filled it from store to store until I couldn't see over it anymore, less than a week before C-day!! I wrapped and shipped like I never had before and then on Christmas Day, my daughter started crying because everything was from Santa and "Mom, why didn't you get me anything for Christmas? Don't you love me anymore?" I was seconds from breaking the sad news to my six year old about the truth behind Santa. Someday I'll be able to straiten it all out. This year, at ten, she still wants to believe (although logic is telling her otherwise), so maybe next year I'll tell her "Remember that year when I didn't get you anything?!?!?!"

Anyhow, Monet, fear not...it's never too late to get started on that shopping...and if you're too tired to get out and do it, plop yourself down at the puter and float through ebay for a while and write out a list of what you want to get everyone on your list! At least you'll feel like your in the right direction...
  • Good morning...

It is a beautiful sunny day here. I ended up spending last night wrapping the Christmas presents and put them under the tree. I will try to catch up today

Menu for today :

Breakfast : Ham and cheese sandwich. Water.

Snack : Fruit salad.

Lunch : Roasted cornish game hens, roasted veggies and baked sweet potatoes.

Snack : Fruit salad.

Dinner : Same as lunch. Whenever I roast my hens, I always roast enough for dinner for dd and me

REPLIES :

HEART : Yes, I agree with you that in-laws meant well with their comments but I also realize that they were not going to "believe" what I told them either. I really didn't bother to explains except telling them I am pre-diabetic and need to watch the "sugary" stuff. That seems to work well I am glad Boogie's cast was out. That must be so scary for him. I would be too.

TECHWIFE : WTG on the weightloss!! Woo Hoo!! Yes, snacks are great, they tie you over to the next meal, instead of starving by the time you get there which is not good. You are doing great!

FILLISE : The weather here has been pretty warm the last few days as well. The rain is finally gone today and our temp will start to go down. Now, it feels more like Christmas I am so glad your friend's baby is doing well. Positive news are always a celebration. Looks like you will be busy with the party and such...have fun!

Okay, that's for now because dh is home so I better get my butt off the chair...lol. Will continue later!

Julia

GATOR : I love your waterfall, I bet the sound of water flowing down is very soothing. My neighbor has a fountain and I just love listening to the sound of the water.

JACK-K : 1.5 lbs gone! WTG on your exercise too!! You are fantastic!
  • TGIF

Glad this week is almost over. WE didn't get to go out with frineds for dinner last night. So DH & I went to a store looking for 4 things for my DD and they only had 1. I was so bummed. The restaurant we were going to was too crowded so we went to Chik-Fila. That was alright with me. I got the grilled chicken on wheat bun and a salad. I was pleased I could stay leagal.

Also happy to report that I have gotten my TreadMill in 5 days this week. Will definately shoot for 1 more. The scale has been good this week too. Since Monday I'm down 6 pounds and 3 since WIW. I am below the 170 and sure hope I can never see it again. Got to keep that in my mind this weekend.

We have going to a Christmas party tomorrow night. Theya re having veggie tray, meatballs and chicken tenders. We will eat before we go. I don't plan to drink much either. Hope to get more shopping done too.

Sebray, glad your cats were ok. Congrats on that A and most of all passing up the cookies and do-nuts.

Tech, hope you lose lots when TOM is gone. I'm with Sebray, don't have to worry about that any more. Kinda nice.

Cethlinn, Welcome. This is a great place for support. It's a little slow right now tough. You just have to set your mind to what you really want and then stick to it. It is really hard to start this time of year, but you can do it and be proud that youmade it through the hardest times. Exercise really helps, even if it is only walking. Good luck and come here as much as possible. You will have to try the ww pastas. I also buy 100% duram semolina and it is great. You will be surprised at the veggies you will learn to like. I wasn't a bid veggie eater either, other than corn and potatoes. Now I eat all kinds of them. Better than eating northing I guess. You might try rewarding yourself with little things as you loose. Like for every 10 pounds. I did and it really helped. I remember your DH. Tell him hi.

Country, glad you had a great birthday. You should eat anythign you want on your 40th. It only happens once.

Monet, glad you had a nice lunch with your family. $70 is not bad for 6 people. Hope you get out of your funk. Better get started on that shopping, It will be here before you know it.

Have a great day. Will try to check back later.
  • I sent dd to her room for 30 mins (don't think she will nap today) so I can get a break. My lunch is in the oven roasting away. I just love cooking everything in the oven, don't need to break out the pan More replies :

BOB : Whole foods new you, how exciting!! Glad you get some good bargain on the sheets. I really need new sheets but dh said not to get any until we buy our bedroom furniture which will not be for another year.

PANCHO : Jess is due for a bicycle with training wheels soon but I decided to put if off until her birthday comes on April next year plus she has one of those "four wheel" truck waiting for her in the basement. Yes, I have to hide it in the basement...lol. Dh's friend gave it to us as he wanted to get it out of his garage since her kids outgrown the truck. Now, we would need to go get a new battery. I am sure Lane will be so thrilled with her new bike.

HEART : I really love fish or seafood in general. The basa fish I eat is very mild and flaky which I just love. Fish oil is great too. I used to eat those when I was young, I remember hating it so much...lol. Now, I know I will tolerate it much better If you want to try eating fish, just start with something really mild like tilapia which you can easily find everywhere. Basa is really good..my fav!

SEBRAY : Wow, you have been running yourself down. Hope you get a good rest by now.Glad your cats are fine and hope you are able to get rid of the fleas in the house. Hey, grapes for lunch is not enough,make sure you have something else to snack on when you are on the road. WTG on resisting the donuts and other junks at school. You are doing fantastic!

TECHWIFE : LOL...it took me a while to figure out what/who Tom was. I was wondering how come everyone knows Tom...lol. I love fish too. I must eat it at least 2 times a week or else I crave for it. Coingrats on your weightloss, you are doing fantastic!! You and Sebray crack me up on your challenge!! lol. Keep it up ladies!

CETHINN : Welcome to the board!! We are so glad to have you here. SB is so flexible so I am sure you will find lots of foods you love to eat plus more learn to love new foods as well. Please ask any questions you have. You can do it, yes you can!!

Oops, got to go again. My breaktime is over. I got to check on the roast hens in the oven.

Julia
  • Okay, here I am again trying to catch up with my replies :

COUNTRY : Glad you had a wonderful time on your birthday. I am sure the scale will be down soon.

MONET : I recently had Dim Sum at a chinese buffet in Fl but it wasn't the same. I haven't been to a Dim Sum restaurant for over a year. I sure missed it. $70 sounds good to me. Which Dim Sum restaurant did you go to?

CETHINN : I am a carb addict, pasta and rice was my biggest weakness but I am telling you, today I am eating the portion that I am supposed to and I am very happy. I never thought that is possible. I used to be able to eat 3 bowls of white rice at one sitting to fill me up. Now, just 1/2 cup with lots of other yummy dishes. Rice and pasta used to be the main dish while veggies and meats were the side dish but now rice is the side dish and I am eating a bigger portion on veggies and protein. Do you like to cook? If you do, experiment with foods and different seasonings and sauce. What I do with my 1/2 cup pasta is, I sauteed it lots of veggies and protein. It is really satisfying and filling too. I have had so much yummy foods since started SB. I have tried many new recipes and love it. You just have to make your meals yummy so you don't feel like you are "dieting" which you are not on SB. Oh...you will be just fine. There is always hope, always a way as long as you want to find it. Take baby steps...you can do it!

MONET: It is not too late...you have plenty of time. Take a look online to see if you can find what you want to buy without costing you an arm or leg. There are lots of great deals out there. Ultimately, you know it is not the gifts that counts, so don't stress over it. I am not buying for many people so it is really easy. Dh and I refused to buy for many people because then it becomes very stressful trying to figure out what everyone wants, then burn a big hole in the pocket, stress etc. All adults get cards except my dh's niece and nephews. I refused to stress over their presents either plus I probably won't buy them what they want. We are starting to give them cash (checks) this year. Last few years were Toysrus gift card but some of them are getting older. I love gifts card and I wish people will give me gift cards instead of presents. You can get them at stores or restaurant that they like. It is easy for you and everyone is happy

JACK-k : You are doing a fantastic job exercising. I need to think of you everytime I don't want to exercise. You are such inspiration!

I believe I am all caught up with the posts...woo hoo!! lol. Okay, I will disappear until tonight. Have a good day everyone!

Julia
  • [b]AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!

Just finished my shopping......I just ordered Ethans Christmas and i want y'all to see it....let me know what you think http://www.babystyle.com/common/dPro...40&ClassID=647 I love it!

Went to the Doc today, and I can go back to work on Wednesday. Still some sensitive feeling, but he told me that it WILL go away in time. I have exverices to doand today it's much better.

I found some WONDERFUL dark chocolate at the Health Food Store....theyhad just put it in the mark down buggy and I snatchedit up, not knowing it itwould be good or not. DOCTOR'S CARBRITE DIET SUGARFREE BAR in MINT CHOCOLATE. Total fat 2gm, no cholesterol, no sodium, 3 carbs
    OH MY GAWD....it's so good! Look for it..you won't be sorry! NOT BITTER AT ALL!!!!

MOVIE PICKS FOR THE WEEKEND:

BOURNE SUPRENACY....If you haven't seen the first one BOURNE IDENDITY, get it and watch it first or you won't get what's going one....ANDYES,,,they
    left it open for another one!

ENVY....GREAT!!!

JACK....haven't watched it yet

BAKED FISH and a baked potato for Kate is on the agenda for supper tonight!

As for shopping...I still have to shop for my work buddy that I drew for our luncheon....won't be hard, I've actually drawn her name for the last 8yrs!
    She has no idea that i have it again, but I can't wait.. she's one of those
    people who appreciates ANYTHING you get her!

I've got to go and attend to my cooking...i'll check in later!

BOB/b]
  • Lunch went well. Tonight, the Christmas party is at an Italian restaurant...I hear there is going to be dancing. Not my cup of tea! I married a man with two left feet.... At lunch I got things that were probably not very legal...I could have gotten teriyaki chicken instead...so what is wrong with me??? I got tempura shrimp and tonkatsu instead. (tonkatsu is pork tenderloin breaded with panku bread crumbs and fried...) At least the salad and miso soup were ok.

Tonight, we will probably be dealing with all kinds of pastas...I hope there is a good salad bar,and maybe I can concentrate on that. I feel full from lunch still. Wish I had time to walk on the treadmill before we have to leave, but it looks like a shower is all I am going to get in, because I HAVE to lay down and rest a bit or I will never make it!

I am still not going to finish up replies...but I will make a few. I will get to everyone eventually! Please forgive me if I am late!

TECH: You and I are very alike in the shopping! I find when I start early, I do exactly what you described, and spend twice as much! I need to send family presents to my sisters, which shouldn't be difficult, I just have not done it! I usually send them Georgia pecans.....and have them shipped from the Stone Mountain pecan company.

JACK: Way to go with the treadmill! Kick me in the butt some on that...maybe you can encourage me to use mine five or six times a week! Congrats on getting down again...you are such an inspiration! Have a great weekend!

KENG: Where did that glorious weather go? It sure clouded up fast! I wish I could curtail the amount of presents I have to get, but our family is large! I am getting a lot of gift cards this year, due to the surgery. No one better complain....
  • [bHere's something interesting for you CHOCOLATE lovers!

Chocolate Healing!

By Douglas Peterson

The NEW medicine food in town that helps fight heart disease, lung cancer, prostate cancer, asthma, and type 2 diabetes. High-powered healing never tasted so good!

Cocoa beats wine for antioxidant power. It’s true. Research has shown the antioxidant punch of cocoa was, on a per serving basis, the highest - almost twice as strong as red wine.

“Cocoa is rich in antioxidant flavonoids called flavonols, which include procyanidins, epicatechins, and catechins,” explains Harold Schmitz, Ph.D. Studies have shown that people with high blood levels of flavonoids have lower risk of heart disease, lung cancer, prostate cancer, asthma, and type 2 diabetes.

Americans are committing slow suicide as a result of self-indulgent ravagings. For example, Americans dying prematurely every year from causes related to obesity are approaching 400,000. In case that does not sound “too bad” that is 1096 per day. During WWII, we lost 292 per day and that war is over. Where is the end to the war on obesity? How do we turn this suicidal trend living in today’s “junk food” society?

With a certain brand name powerhouse antioxidant!

Chocolate rice bran PLUS, a functional food product developed by an Irving, Texas-based nutritional company, has just released an amazing ORAC score that has turned some heads in the nutritional science community. For those of you that are not familiar with ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity), this is the scientific testing method developed by Tufts University in Boston to measure the level of antioxidant protection of a product. This is important because oxidative stress has been demonstrated to accelerate the aging process in both cells and blood vessels. Oxidative stress also increases the risk of certain types of cancers, coronary heart disease and many other health maladies. According to Dr. David Williams, author of “Alternatives”,

“Long-term free-radical damage is now recognized as the greatest contributor to age-related health problems. By limiting the activity of oxygen free radicals, antioxidants protect cells and their components from this damage-thereby lessening the risk of cancer, heart disease, vision problems and other diseases. The higher the ORAC value…the more beneficial it is to your health.”

The chocolate flavored nutritional beverage mix tested a phenomenal score of 21,010 ORAC units per serving (22 grams). What does that mean to you and me? The USDA and Harvard School of Public Health recommend we eat a minimum of five servings of fruit and vegetables a day in order to become and stay healthy. Fruits and vegetables contain highly valuable phytonutrients for our health, particularly key antioxidants that are not available in other food groups or vitamins and minerals supplements. The USDA recommendation of five servings of fruits and vegetables daily equates to 2500 ORAC units. For the vast majority of us getting 8 times the antioxidant power in only one scoop of the Chocolate rice bran PLUS becomes very good news since we were falling a little short on the five servings of fruits and vegetables per day.

Do you want to say farewell to fatigue… or beat diabetes naturally… or wish you were thinner - permanently … or have fit ‘n’ healthy kids? See the unparalleled super food your body’s missing.
    Email your name and street address (NO P.O. boxes), with “Chocolate rice bran PLUS” today, in the subject box to: [email protected] to receive your FREE report with product sample. Discover how to easily release the healing power of this delicious super-chocolate in your life. (USA & Canada only)

FREE SAMPLE!

BOB[/b]
  • Good Saturday Morning!
    I'm the first one here this morning?????

This weekend is THE Christmas party weekend for me. I went to one last night. I have TWO weddings today (plus a candidate forum), I have a party tonight that I think I will be too wiped out to attend (Weddings and forums are EACH in a different city). Tomorrow night at the Governor's mansion. I'm tired just thinking about it!

I've got a snuggly and purring kitten in my lap right now and I'd just as soon stay here with her today!!!!!!!!

BOB--I WASN'T going to do it, but I did. . . I ordered the BE Today's Special Value--on auto delivery!!!!! I wanted the brushes and was going to order some eye shadows to put in my DM's stocking--so I got it all in one fell swoop. Dark Chocolate is supposed to be very good for your heart. I got some 62% hot chocolate mix in NYC and am hoping it will do the trick.

Monet--Are we still on for Tuesday?

OK--got to go and get ready and get on the road. Need I say more than reception food all day long??????

Pray for me

Susan
  • AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

Slow getting started today....was up watching TV until 3a.m.!!!! Slept until 10a.m. when Tippy couldn't hold it any longer!

I have all my shopping done except my Brother....I did get him the "fart" pillow, but that's a gag gift...he loves Bass leather flip flops and wears them winter and summer! I know he wants so flannel shirts, and I'll look at those later...He always does so much for Kate and I, and I feel bad when I don't get him something he wants! He's not a greedy person and appreciates anything and everything that he gets, but he's flying down, and won't have a lot of room to take back....of course, we can always ship anything home!

Did y'all look at the ROCKY COW that I got for Ethan? It's so cute and I can't wait to see him on it! If you've not looked, go up to my last post to the link.
    This site www.babystyle.com is wonderful...so many things for the little tykes!

SUSAN.... The GAME is on Monday night at 8pm on CSS....KEEP YOUR HANDS IN YOUR POCKETS TODAY..... Hit the crudet table and be happy!

NOW FOR SOME UPDATES ON THE MOVIES

If you saw the BOURNE IDENDITY....you've GOT to see BOURNE SUPREMACY!!
    EXCELLENT!!!!!

ENVY..... CUTE MOVIE....

JACK....Haven't watched it yet...I'll let y'all know

Well...I've got to go...I'll check in later

BOB
  • Quick check in- I've been eating wayyyy toooo much crap today. All legal items but whoa...I have pigged out on the nuts and let's don't even go there with the SF chocolate. I'm already feeling the gassy effects of the SF chocolate. Will I ever learn? Aahhhh...Anyway, I guess the bright side is that it wasn't a binge on illegal foods. I did good yesterday though. Even went to Cici's and had the crustless pizza and a big salad. I weighed 160 this AM. Not going near the scale for a day or 2 because of all the junk I've inhaled today. Baby steps....It's a bit chilly here and cloudy today. Perfect for chili. Like I need anything else,lol. Well, I was just driving by. Had to be honest about my "legal" binge. Still a binge, but guess it could have been even worse. I pray for the day that I won't ever binge again. Guess I should have left the Russell Stover's at Hudson's. They were only 8 or 9 cents a piece! I bought 40 bars!! No telling how many I've eaten. I think I might just throw the rest away. I hate doing that with food though. ??? I'll let you know what I did about the rest tomorrow.

BOB- I checked out the cow, very cute.

We watched Spiderman 2 earlier. It was suppossed to be Boogie's gift. The little turd knew from the get-go what it was. Very smart. So I was bored and I let him open it and we watched it. This kid loves EVERYTHING that is Spiderman. He thinks he is Spiderman. Always make-believing he's shooting his web and climbing the wall.
  • just a quick post ... i got an email from a friend for holiday eating tips...thought they would be healthy eating tips...BOY was i wrong but its still a funny read...

i do not endorse the following tips!!!!!

> HOLIDAY EATING TIPS
    >
    > 1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday
    > buffet table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you
    > see carrots, leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving
    > rum balls.
    >
    > 2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. Like fine
    > single-malt scotch, it's rare. In fact, it's even rarer than
    > single-malt scotch. You can't find it any other time of year but
    > now. So drink up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every
    > sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an eggnog-alcoholic
    > or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two.
    > It's later than you think. It's Christmas!
    >
    > 3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point
    > of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano
    > out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano.
    > Repeat.
    >
    > 4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim
    > milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like
    > buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.
    >
    > 5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to
    > control your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party
    > is to eat other people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?
    >
    > 6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New
    > Year's. You can do that in January when you have nothing else to
    > do. This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling
    > the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that
    > vat of eggnog.
    >
    > 7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like
    > frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position
    > yourself near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before
    > becoming the center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of
    > shoes. If you leave them behind, you're never going to see them
    > again.
    >
    > 8. Same for pies. Apple. Pumpkin. Mincemeat. Have a slice of
    > each. Or, if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one
    > pumpkin. Always have three. When else do you get to have more than
    > one dessert? Labor Day?
    >
    > 9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the
    > mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean,
    > have some standards.
    >
    > 10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the
    > party or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention.
    > Reread tips; start over, but hurry, January is just around the
    corner.
    >
    > Remember this motto to live by:
    >
    > "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    > arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather
    > to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other,
    > body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO
    > what a ride!"
    >
    > Have a great holiday season
  • Whew! We are home finally! I have not been on since yesterday afternoon, so let me blog here about what has been happening!

The Christmas party last night was great! The food was wonderful, and while it was not totally legal, I concentrated on antipasto, so I did not do too bad. I only had a small bit of baked ziti. The garlic rolls and tiramisu were the worst part...but SO worth it. They had dancing. Of course I was not going to dance. That kind of movement is not something you want to do this soon after a hysterectomy. I was standing watching when one of the young couples we are close to danced up on either side of me and literally pushed me onto the dance floor! They told me to just bob my head...but I was laughing so hard, and moving a bit in time to the music, that I did more than bob my head. I also carried around one of the staff members baby for half the evening... Needless to say, by the time I got home, I was beginning to hurt pretty badly. Then, the tiramisu must have had real coffee in it, cause I slept very poorly!

This morning, I ran to Harry's and got flour and pie crusts for Fillise...and then to Costco for flowers. I made the bouquet for a young woman from church who was getting married this afternoon. It was the most untraditional wedding I have ever been to. It was a potluck reception! The food was fabulous, and we had a blast! Unfortunately, I did eat some stuff that was not legal...but I tried to concentrate on veggies. I carried a friends 3 month old baby girl around most of the reception, and when I got home, boy was I hurting again! Oh, and I drank half a beer.... It sure was good!

So, I am home and exhausted. Tomorrow, I hope I have the energy to round up the troops and decorate the Christmas tree. I think that is a pipe dream though....

FILLISE: Yes, we are still on for Tuesday! We are looking forward to it! I got you three packages of the ww pie crusts, and three bags of the flour....and I will pick up a few packages of the ww waffles before we leave. I have a cooler I can carry them in to help keep them all frozen. We will leave here some time between nine and ten...depending on when Tom can get here. Hope you enjoyed all weddings and parties!

BOB: Been to Whole Foods yet? When I got Susan ww pie shells I got a package for me to try. If it makes it easy, I am going to love them! Tom loves pie, but its so much of a hassle to make crust....

SEBRAY: Love the holiday eating suggestions. Especially the ones on eggnog! My kids go nuts as soon as it hits the stores. They about weep when it disappears right after Jan. 1....
  • Well, the board sure is slow! I guess everyone is out partying and shopping! Not me! I tried to sleep late, but couldn't. I did not sleep very well. This is getting really old. This morning, I feel tired and have a bit of a sore throat. I thought I should have eggs for breakfast, but just could not bring myself to make them. Weird! I ate eggs every morning for probably five years, and now suddenly, all that appeals to me in the morning is the ww waffles! I have three dozen eggs in the fridge, so I guess I will make quiche for dinner....

No one to reply to except myself....and I am not ready to start talking to me yet.

• EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

MONET...I'm here, but I think everyone else must be sitting on lap!!!

I've been doing laundry all day....haven't done any in two weeks!
    Nothing else brewing down this way....

Fixing chicken for supper, and it's on it's way right now....I've got to watch it and turn it when it's time! Haven't decided what to put with it yet...

HOUSECLEANING is on the agenda tomorrow and Tuesday...then....it's back to work I go!

I'll check in later

BOB