Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 12-09-2004, 04:44 PM   #46  
Going to Meet My Goal!

soooo sorry i havent been on in a couple days been really busy

got 2 hours of sleep tuesday night and then i was on the run all day weds until i got home finally and passed out on the bed at 2am

the cats are both fine..no fatal ilnesses and they got treated for the fleas and worms...now if we could just get rid of the danged fleas in the house

went grocery shopping yesterday and kicked myself afterwards for not doing it at walmart... i could have saved at least $50 going to walmart

dev went and saw his therapist yesterday and the doc told me that he should be calling me soon to give dev an appointment for the psychiatrist to put him back on meds...i tell ya i cant wait to have my calm and focused luv bug back devon is anxious to get back on meds too....he's going through a really rough patch and is having a hard time focusing and controling everything without the meds ... i feel so bad for him and wish i could do something for him....

then i went to class and gave my final speech about mandatory psychological testing for people before becoming parents...got an A but class went an hour over because we still had students that needed to give their speeches and no one wanted to come back next week

then i had to go to walmart to finish my grocery shopping but they didnt have any ww tortillas so i had to hit another store on the way home...i think i got home at around 1:30 am

i was soo tired this morning i didnt hear the alarm and didnt get up till noon ... so of course the kids both missed school cause kevin is sick and didnt get up either

just trying to get my bum in gear and do a bit of 'organizing' in the house (thanks for that term monet...that helps me alot )

had a ww bagel with some butter for breakfast some grapes for lunch and am making chicken and cheese enchiladas for dinner with ww tortillas...and am making some leagal PB cookies for desert after yesterday i really need a treat but im not gonna pig out...oh and i forgot that in class yesterday my teacher brought krispy kreme doghnuts and oreo cookies and i didnt have a single one

notice the ticker!!! down one more pound....probably more like 1.5 or 2 pounds but i had a hard time reading the scale so i erred on the side of caution...

i know im missing replys to everyone but im so far behind in my 'organizing' because of my day yesterday and i really need to get my bum in gear...
sebray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 04:47 PM   #47  
Addicted to potato salad!

Okay, guys...I'm sort of psyched...and bummed at the same time...

Heart: After reading your two posts I realized who TOM was . TOM stopped in here today, too...which is why I'm psyched and bummed at the same time...

First...since I had my son, I've always hoped for a number three kid...but as he gets older and further away from babydom, I'm getting less and less sad that my hubby said two is enough. BUT, I was late...or at least forgot the date TOM stopped by last time...and thought I was late anyway and at first panicked, then started to pick names and got excited...then TOM came to visit and now I'm sad and happy at the same time. Anyhow...I'm psyched because I actually lost a pound yesterday the DAY BEFORE TOM!! Usually I gain a pound or two, so that's really saying something...maybe once TOM goes back to wherever TOM is when TOM's not here, I'll finally hit 170!! We can hope, right?

Well, that's it...off to make some Tilapia for dinner. I do love fish...the family gets chicken, though...Gawd forbid they get some Omega 3 in them!!

C-ya...Techwife
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 04:57 PM   #48  
Going to Meet My Goal!

hey tech....im catching up to you!!!!

Old 12-09-2004, 05:27 PM   #49  

YAY!! Two pounds is AWESOME!! But once TOM leaves, you'll be eatin' my dust, sistah!!
Old 12-09-2004, 05:40 PM   #50  
Going to Meet My Goal!

ooo bring it on girlfriend see i have an advantage....TOM stopped visiting me 3 years ago hehe

Old 12-09-2004, 05:51 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 3

Unhappy New Here

Hello everyone
I am sorta new here my DH was an active member for awhile. He introduced me to the SB way of life. Well he is trying to.
Ladies I really need help im not doing very well at this and I really need to be able to do this for myself, my health & my family.
Im a very picky eater and the foods i do like are obviously not SB legal. HELP!!!
I really need words of encouragement and support. My goal is to weigh 145 lbs. I now weigh 297. I do not want to reach 300. I know if I do not do something soon I will be in alot of trouble health wise.

Well Ladies i guess i am rambling a bit. Please Help. Thank you in advance for any replys.

Cethlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:47 PM   #52  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy ya'll!

Life has been busy and good. My 40th birthday was wonderful. My daughter and her boyfriend took Robert and I out to eat. I ate and drank what I wanted. *smile* The scales were up before and are still up. Really close to 160 but it's all good. Lack of exercise is more of a problem than eating has been.

Welcome Cethlinn!

Gotta run and take care of my little one but I wanted to let ya'll know you are loved.

Love,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:52 PM   #53  

Well, Dim Sum was wonderful...its been over a year since we went. They push carts of little steamers and plates around with the stuff in them, and you pick what looks good. Then they mark your check with the number of plates you get. We were a bit worried about the check amount, but it was $70, with we did not think was too bad for 5 adults, and a carryout box for a sixth, and all of us full. Erik could not come as he had to work, so Ruth carried stuff home for him. We got all the varied little dumplings,and stuff...and probably none of it was legal! This afternoon, James went to the movies with Ruth, and Laura went to work. Tom even met us at the restaurant, so it was a very nice lunch. Tonight, James and Laura go to trivia...so I will probably skip dinner. I am definitely NOT hungry!

CETHLIN: Welcome! I am guessing Daramus is your hubby. Tell him hello from us! What foods do you like? Maybe we can help you with suitable substitutes. If you love sugar stuff, and feel like you can't get away from it, just know that its an addiction. If you can tough it out for a few days, the desire to eat it goes away. It really is amazing! If I start eating sweet things again, it takes me forever to get over it again....and I am right in the middle of a sugar binge. And you are so right to get it all under control now. Later is NOT an option. I took my time trying to get my weight problems under control and now they are compounded with insulin resistance, and age...especially perimenopause. Tell us what you need, and we will do whatever we can to help.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:13 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Tis I again! Got on the computer to do some research on Pagan holidays and such, killing time until ER comes on. I ate a bit too much at supper. Man, I was sooo hungry after my workout this evening. Anyway, CETHLINN- I know how ya feel. I used to weigh 278 and now weigh close to 160. It takes time, dedication, support, lots of effort, BUT...you CAN do this. I used to be a total carb junkie and didn't even know it. That was just the way I knew to eat. Read the SB book, it made perfect sense. When I first started it was a process, having to read ingredients and labels and having to wait the sugar cravings out. But it's been well worth it. I stumble at times and fall off course but the key to my success is that I know I have to get back on track and I always manage to do so. I honestly believe that SB is more directed towards the way God intends for us to eat anyway. Whole foods, meat and dairies, fruits and veggies with unrefined starches. As your body gets accustomed to the healthier foods you are feeding it, you will notice that your cravings for the once-loved foods will lessen. Give it 1 week and you will notice that your cravings aren't as strong and that your appetite has decreased, plus you'll enjoy these healthier foods even more. The first 3 days are the hardest. Expect to feel lethargic, have a headache, and really want some bad carbs. Stick to your guns and those symptoms(sugar withdrawals) will pass. Best of luck.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:40 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 3

Smile

Well Thank you for the welcome everyone Yes Daramus is my hubby*S* how did you figure it out? I guess because not many guys come here. He told me at one time he was the only guy on here. I will tell him Hello for you.

Ok ladies im not really into "sweets" i am a pasta junkie. I could eat it every night. And I do love my soda. I dont really like meat but i will eat it occasionaly and the veggies i like are a no no on SB.
But i do love salad.

So do you think im past help?

Cethlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 05:17 AM   #56  
Going to Meet My Goal!

Cethlin: wow do i know how u feel...i lived off of corn...it was the ONLY vege i ate and now i cant eat it BUT i just substitute fruit for veges right now until i can get my pallet to enjoy other veges...i give myself baby sized portions of veges (like id give my kids) and i take 2 bites of whatever vege i made for dinner that way at least i get some kind of vege in....my kids are loving it cause they didnt think it was fair that i made them eat greenbeans and such and i never ate them best thing i think is to start with WW pasta and maybe some fish since ur not a big meat eater...are u vegan? you could always try soy products....i dont really know what else to tell you as im still fairly new to this WOE myself...but i have done great so far...has been 5 weeks and ive lost 12 pounds...WAY more then what i expected my vices were soda (mt. dew) and sugary sweetness ... the sweeter the better i still allow myself small pieces of chocolate occasionally...but ive found that i acctually LIKE the SF ice cream and i dont need to eat much of it anymore to get my craving satisfied the women on this board are the best support group ive ever been blessed to be a part of...u will enjoy each and every one of them one thing ive learned around here is that falling off the wagon is a common occurance....we just hop back on asap or monet will come by and smack us with her broom

well its 5:15am and im EXHAUSTED!!! but i cant sleep *sigh* monet i wish we lived closer, we could play cards or bake legal cookies together in the middle of the night since neither of us sleeps well

i made those peanut butter cookies in the recipe boards but they came out sooo dry and with not much of a peanut butter taste...are they supposed to be like that? and if not how can i fix it???? i neeeeeeeeed some legal cookies

well im off to play some more games on my computer...maybe ill download the ann gedes jigsaw puzzle and do that for the next two hours untill its time to get the boys up for school

Last edited by sebray; 12-10-2004 at 05:19 AM.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:22 AM   #57  
Going to Meet My Goal!

hey isnt it friday funnys???? oh well if not...ive got something funny for everyone

Seven reasons not to mess with a child:
>
A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales. The teacher said it
was physically impossible for a whale to swallow
a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very
small.

The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale.

Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it
was physically impossible.

The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah".

The teacher asked, " What if Jonah went to ****?"

The little girl replied, "Then you ask him".

-----------------
A Kindergarten teacher was observing her classroom of children while they
were drawing. She would occasionally walk around to see each child's work.
As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she asked what the
drawing was.

The girl replied, "I'm drawing God."

The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like."

Without missing a beat, or looking up from her drawing, the girl replied,
"They will in a minute."

---------------
A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five
and six year olds After explaining the commandment to "honor" thy Father and
thy Mother, she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat
our brothers and sisters?"

Without missing a beat one little boy (the oldest of a family) answered,
"Thou shall not kill."

----------------------
One day a little girl was sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at
the kitchen sink. She suddenly noticed that her mother had several strands
of white hair sticking out in contrast on her brunette head.

She looked at her mother and inquisitively asked, "Why are some of your
hairs white, Mom?"

Her mother replied, "Well, every time that you do something wrong and make
me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turns white."

The little girl thought about this revelation for a while and then said,

"Momma, how come ALL of grandma's hairs are white?"

------------------------
The children had all been photographed, and the teacher was trying to
persuade them each to buy a copy of the group picture.
"Just think how nice it will be to look at it when you are all grown up and
say, 'There's Jennifer, she's a lawyer,' or 'That's Michael, He's a doctor.'

A small voice at the back of the room rang out,"And there's the teacher,
She's dead. "

-----------------------------
A teacher was giving a lesson on the circulation of the blood. Trying to
make the matter clearer, she said, "Now, class, if I stood on my head, the
blood, as you know, would run into it, and I would turn red in the face."

"Yes," the class said.

"Then why is it that while I am standing upright in the ordinary position
the blood doesn't run into my feet?"

A little fellow shouted, "Cause your feet ain't empty."

-------------------------------
The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school
for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples.

The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray: "Take only ONE. God is
watching."

Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a
large pile of chocolate chip cookies. A child had written a note,

"Take all you want God is watching the apples.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:12 AM   #58  

WELCOME CETHLIN!! Like I always say, the walk of a thousand miles starts with the first steps! As for your favorite foods...you have to take it one day at a time and find food to replace it with. My favorite is everything potatoes....BUT, I never realized how 'stuffed' and 'lethargic' I felt after a meal with potatoes and how 'refreshed' and 'replenished' I feel after a meal without. My substitute is sweet potatoes...I mash then with a little butter and they taste more like squash, but at least it's a mashed lump on my plate that, if I squint my eyes and dim the lights, it resembles mashed potatoes!! Actually, they are very good and you have to remember, if something isn't exactly exciting to eat, remember, eating it is going to get you closer to your goal weight. One thing to remember...have you ever been 145 lbs? How long did it take you to get to close to 300? Well, race yourself and see if you can get back to 145 quicker! Really, I bet within a year you'll see yourself darn close or at least half way!! If you poke around our threads, you'll see so many of us have lost over a hundred pounds!! WOW!! That's inspiration enough to keep me going!! I've lost 7 pounds, going on 8 in a month...the way I see it, it sure beats adding 7 in the same amount of time!!

And, go figure...my first loose item is my wedding rings!! Seriously, I haven't been able to pry them off my finger since I first put them on years ago without loads of soap and a really sore finger....well, the other day, they came off pretty much effortlessly!! Good sign the I'm shrinking...but I really didn't see my fingers as a problem area on my figure!!! Like, wow, I can hardly wait to loose some bulk off my big toe!! Oh, well, I'll take it, nonetheless...

Good luck to you, cethlin!! You can do it and we're here for you, Chicka!!

Techwife
Old 12-10-2004, 08:19 AM   #59  

TICKER CHANGE!! WOO HOO!! That 170 plateau is TOAST in just a few pounds!! Catch me if you can, Sebray!!

Old 12-10-2004, 08:31 AM   #60  

Good Morning! Its going to be another difficult day for me. I have a luncheon appointment to discuss some children's curriculum with the director of children's ministry at my church, and then the church leadership Christmas party tonight. I am really tired this morning too...

AND...here it is the tenth of December and I have not even bought the first thing for Christmas! That is enough to depress me and send me back to bed!

I have a cup of hot tea....no coffee this morning. I was going to go eat breakfast, but going back to bed sounds more attractive!

Just wanted to check in, will be back in a bit.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote