Exercise Challenge!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Since we are doing a Labour Day Challenge I thought it might be fun to do an exercise one for this month too.

The goal will be to exercise for 30 minutes per day. You can pick any activity you like, walking, swimming, working out at a gym or with tapes or DVD's at home, cycling, strenght training etc....whatever is good for you.

Just log on daily and tell us what you did for that day
  • August 1:

30 minutes of pilates
    45 minutes of a workout tape involving had weights
  • Sunday, August 2, 2004

30 minutes of pilates
    45 minutes fo weight training
  • OK. I’m in on this too: I will exercise for at least 30 minutes every day in August.

Sunday August 1st: went for a walk (40 minutes) + cleaning and painting for hours (that counts as exercise too, right? )

Monday August 2nd: 35 minutes weightlifting
  • Way to go mette! and painting does count

Today so far I have walked 30 minutes and plan on doing some weights late on.
  • Thanks. You too! And I had a great exercising day today:

First I went jogging for 35 minutes in new running shoes! And it felt great! My old shoes were getting old and “unsupportive” – so my right knee was starting to ache a little when I ran. But today there was no pain anywhere! Yey!

I also went to the gym for an appointment with an instructor. I now have a ‘proper’ weightlifting program for 3 days a week. Starting tomorrow, with my lower body. I’m actually very psyched about it….
  • Excellent!
  • 30 minutes on my Gazelle each day. --Pookie
  • Pookie-
  • Thanks Mauvaisroux - you are a terrific cheerleader!

Thanks Pookie
  • ~smiling as she waves frantically~ hiya Ladies i'm in....... trying a new approach because i have become such a sloth again. i am tired of those old tapes de-railing me off my new trails so, like eating lighter every few hours......little bursts of exercise through out the day to get me restarted.

7:10-7:30 am) brisk walk with bosko ( see avi, aint he a charmer ). 1.5 miles in 20 minutes. marching in place when he does what he does ~winks n grinz~

9:30-9:45 am) slow row on the rowing machine with the resistance set 2/3 to max.

10:30-11 am) abs, upper and lower ( remind me to give the Godess such a pinch for that A B C thing she posted about.....jiminies ) alternating days on for upper body & lower body exercises.

i dont " do " afternoons ~laughing~ after lunch, tidying, laundry, yada yada.... down for a nap between 2-4pm. should state that i am up every morning at 5am. i adore mornings!!

6:30-7:30pm) another walk, alternating between comfey and brisk, with the marching and some silly rythmes that i throw in to keep me from getting bored while bosko is doing what a dog has got to do.

thats all i have for now. really looking forward to going back to the states for some english speaking workout dvd's. new rountines and activities...Yay!

sincerely,
    sassy
  • Missed a couple of days, but I made up for it yesterday.

August 3rd: 90 minutes (weights and bicycle)
  • Way to go ellis!

1 hour of walking today

Holy cow Sassy- you are blowing the rest of us away!
  • So far today- 30 minutes of walking, 30 minutes of pilates
  • Still plugging away on GAZELLE each day. (30 minutes)